[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

kekeke... if it was a jdrama inspiration, then I would expect seo jun and yujung to be related but man in a veil is more of a comedy. secretary koo will cry out "seo jun, I am your appa" at some point or they kidnapped him from the orphanage as lady joo had faked her pregnancy. yura is lady joo 2.0. so if yura faked a pregnancy, am betting that lady joo also faked one. 

darth vader father GIF by Star Wars

• LOL 5

proof there is no way seo jun is yujung's brother -- aunt is surprised to see lady standing and not sitting in the wheelchair. lady joo tells aunt that her rehab worked and she started walking in half a day. miri says "okay". :joy: with such brainless characters, this drama cannot handle the emotional weight of seo jun and yujung being related for real. :lol:...

Fear Reaction GIF by Disney Channel

• LOL 10

Just as I was about to go to sleep lol, Kocowa just released the subs. And skimming through it... I don't think SJ & YJ are siblings. Because when JHY realized that YJ is Chairman Cha's daughter, she said this to Mr. Koo:

"Call Lawyer Min and tell him we should make Woo Seok's will. He's unconscious lying down and his birth daughter showed up. No matter what they say, DL Group belongs to Seo Jun. I won't share it with anyone else!  I won't share a piece with Han Yu Jung. Even if she's his birth daughter, I won't give anything of DL... to his child out of wedlock."

I keep thinking that SJ's father is Mr. Koo, but I'm still kind of unsure about it. I just feel like with the amount of time that Mr. Koo has been loyal to JHY, that it's more likely that SJ would be his son. I guess we'll see eventually.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

38 minutes ago, Ayame said:

Just as I was about to go to sleep lol, Kocowa just released the subs. And skimming through it... I don't think SJ & YJ are siblings. Because when JHY realized that YJ is Chairman Cha's daughter, she said this to Mr. Koo:

"Call Lawyer Min and tell him we should make Woo Seok's will. He's unconscious lying down and his birth daughter showed up. No matter what they say, DL Group belongs to Seo Jun. I won't share it with anyone else!  I won't share a piece with Han Yu Jung. Even if she's his birth daughter, I won't give anything of DL... to his child out of wedlock."

I keep thinking that SJ's father is Mr. Koo, but I'm still kind of unsure about it. I just feel like with the amount of time that Mr. Koo has been loyal to JHY, that it's more likely that SJ would be his son. I guess we'll see eventually.

ooh, that definitely sounds like seo jun is not chairman's child. otherwise, why would she be worried about what people say and whether he will inherit. so it sounds like yujung has more of a birthright than seo jun which means he is not related to chairman. am leaning towards secretary koo being the father as no man would put up with lady joo's tantrums unless he was getting something out of it. has to be more than salary.

other reasons why he is most likely seo jun's father:

a) he is far more good looking than the chairman

b) he has more hair than chairman as a younger man

c) it looks like he has great abs which seo jun inherited! :P

Taking Care Mother GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK 

I did some thinking, if they are a twin like u said and @youngae  :D I think this what will happen 

spacer.png

Next She will remember evil woman snatching  her child :lol: 

DFF5A4EC-73C0-445C-BE8B-55CE8DA64EAF.gif

#what amazing selective memory :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 1

Who else cracked up :lol:(I may have pee'd a little) at SJ's reaction to finding out YJ is his sister. The Kdrama style of acting where they scream at the end of the sentence, gives me a chuckle. Then in the preview he screams at his comatose father, (though his mom would rather he remain in by the way), "Daddy you've ruined mommy and my life. Just because you don't love her? Because she's a murderer? Now I can't have sex with my sister! YOU'RE SO SELFISH!!!!!"  I think I laughed so hard I cracked a rib at that scene.  Not to mention him saying to YJ after she said dad, "That would make us siblings".  I would have said "Fine by me. I'm rich RickRoll'D (It rhymes)!!!"

Also did Yura take stupid pills and forget how crafty she is? Or did I miss an actual lock? She can probably reach through those bars and slide the bolt open. Someone said Chairman Cha & Lady Joo weren't wearing wedding rings. Maybe there was no money in the budget for a lock either.

Also I thought TP was kind of sexy when he said to Yura "What? You don't want to? Forget it then". and just gets up.:shaq:  Last but not least even though I rag on SJ (ugh he brings it on himself), what a cutie he is.:twerk2:Especially when he stares wistfully silently stalking YJ. When he doesn't speak at all is pretty hot:smort:  Think I made an error and hit the quote sign. Oops!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 1

I said that he ended up in the YR asylum, but the writer could choose very different, more original paths. Now SJ knows he has a sister but he hates his father because he left the family, he should instead hate his mother who ruined his life ! YJ should have some compassion for him, I consider it unfortunate, if something were to happen to them as part of the family I would not be happy (father, aunt, sister, stepmother brother-in-law) writer do not give us unnecessary tears, justice must strike with precision.:Please:

• Like 6

I watched parts of the episode. One was when Joo told Ko to get rid of SH because she saw a pregnant SH. She patted her stomach and said there would be only one DL's heir. So she was pregnant, that Chinese medicine worked.

The part before SH went crashing into the bush showed she was cradling one baby. Where would she put the other one if SJ and YJ were twins? Maybe brought home only one baby? I can't see what it would do to the story line. Better to bring back the dead MH and his Pa. That would cheer up many viewers.

@Lmangla Ko is good looking? :what!: well sorry about that. To each his own as they say. But I don't think he is SJ's father. Joo is rather snooty and to roll in the hay with the servant does not seem to be her style.

But I'd like to propose another possibility. Ko and Joo are siblings. She was adopted by a rich couple and she needs DL group to erase her modest origin - so many kdramas have this secret. That's why he is so devoted to her. 

To make it all in the family, Joo, Ko and SH are from the same orphanage and guess what? They are siblings.:naughty:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, maribella said:

But I'd like to propose another possibility. Ko and Joo are siblings. She was adopted by a rich couple and she needs DL group to erase her modest origin - so many kdramas have this secret. That's why he is so devoted to her. 

To make it all in the family, Joo, Ko and SH are from the same orphanage and guess what? They are siblings.:naughty:

I was also thinking the same scenario that Koo and Joo being siblings.  But thinking that SJ and YJ are half siblings want me to puke.  Watching the flashbacks between YJ and SH showed that they are indeed related, hints are there based on their attachments even the first time they met. And also SH's daughters have the same initials. 

Edited by Good Karma
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

How stubborn can SJ get... I used to like him and want to root for him but he always gives me reason not to. 

In the preview he mocked when YJ called Cha “father” saying “Do you know what that means? It means we’re siblings”... yeah dude, register that in you brain and know that it’s a fact that you cannot change, ever. Geez, like nothing can stop his desire to be with YJ. Obsessive like his mother. He was sad about not being able to date/marry YJ, and blaming everyone, instead of being happy that YJ discovered her true heritage and is reunited with her true family. I especially dislike him blaming his father without listening first what actually happened. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

How stubborn can SJ get... I used to like him and want to root for him but he always gives me reason not to. 

In the preview he mocked when YJ called Cha “father” saying “Do you know what that means? It means we’re siblings”... yeah dude, register that in you brain and know that it’s a fact that you cannot change, ever. Geez, like nothing can stop his desire to be with YJ. Obsessive like his mother. He was sad about not being able to date/marry YJ, and blaming everyone, instead of being happy that YJ discovered her true heritage and is reunited with her true family. I especially dislike him blaming his father without listening first what actually happened. 

SJ can't still be so sure that his father is the Chairman, he can be the biological son of Lady Joo but not the Chairman yet.  As for now YJ has the right in  the DL Group.  

SJ has the habit at shouting and asking for truth but wont listen to it if the opportunity is there, maybe he knows that truth hurts.

Me thinking that SJ will just go back to the states after knowing the truth.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Good Karma said:

I was also thinking the same scenario that Koo and Joo being siblings.  But thinking that SJ and YJ are half siblings want me to puke.  Watching the flashbacks between YJ and SH showed that they are indeed related, hints are there based on their attachments even the first time they met. And also SH's daughters have the same initials. 

SH called YJ the same instead of another name. Perhaps she did not name her baby. It would be touching if she did. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, Good Karma said:

SJ can't still be so sure that his father is the Chairman, he can be the biological son of Lady Joo but not the Chairman yet.

I think he is Cha’s biological son because that is really the only way to end his pursuit of YJ. Nothing else will stop him. He is even still in denial stage about being siblings with her. If he turned out to be not half siblings with YJ, we might get another 5 episodes extension. Nooooo.... 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1