[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

1. I pity SJ since he is always the last one to know, hence, all he does now is to shout at everyone due to his frustrations. 

2.SJ's mom is so dumb giving out plans and instructions to Mr Koo w/o thinking that YR is a smart girl and  the Queen of  Eavesdropping. 

3. After blaming his father now SJ is blaming his mother. 

4. So SJ and YJ are half siblings? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Good Karma said:

So SJ and YJ are half siblings? 

Only if his papa is Chairman Cha and the writer is keeping his options open. No hint of scandal yet. Now Joo's trusted sidekick may be dead or alive, we may get some idea.

In the baker's show, it was the same story line.  Husband had a kid with his servant and he inherited the father's baker's skill. The legal son worked hard to acquire baking skills and turned out his real father was the driver cum family friend etc. 

There is no inheritable skill that is noticeable here, so SJ may or may not be YJ's half brother for now.

I am still amazed how YR is in almost every episode.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

54 minutes ago, maribella said:

Only if his papa is Chairman Cha and the writer is keeping his options open. No hint of scandal yet. Now Joo's trusted sidekick may be dead or alive, we may get some idea.

In the baker's show, it was the same story line.  Husband had a kid with his servant and he inherited the father's baker's skill. The legal son worked hard to acquire baking skills and turned out his real father was the driver cum family friend etc. 

There is no inheritable skill that is noticeable here, so SJ may or may not be YJ's half brother for now.

1.  YR is the life of the party that is why she is in every situation :sweat_smile:

2. Would it be possible that SJ is the son of Mr Koo?  Did Mrs Cha faked her pregnancy like what YR did?

• LOL 3

39 minutes ago, Mocharel said:
1 hour ago, maribella said:

Pretty much solidifies everyone’s claims that the writer has a thing for YR, or Lee Chaeyoung.

more than the writer, think it is the audience. just like us, the local audience is probably tuning in just to see what random stuff this yura will come up so that they can snicker, laugh, shake their head and curse at her. the villains make this drama entertaining and even bizarrely funny! she must be popular with the audience because she won an award at KBS for this drama. most of us are not tuning in to see what tae poong will come up are we? :lol:

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Now Joo's trusted sidekick may be dead or alive, we may get some idea.

Why might he be dead? Because of the crash? I think in preview it’s shown that he is standing with the family listening to the doctor. So he is well and alive. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why might he be dead? Because of the crash? I think in preview it’s shown that he is standing with the family listening to the doctor. So he is well and alive. 

I didn't notice that. Quick death is too good for him.

I hope TP or someone views the cctvs and catch him for attempted murder.

@Lmangla You quite right, not to see her antics but her comeuppance. I am still waiting :smirk:

• Like 2

I too look forward to TP & YJ's happy ending. I sometimes wonder if people have watched the entire series so far. Did they not see that Yura pretended to have sex with a 7 year old? Not sure their marriage was registered but it damn sure wasn't consummated or pre-consummated :confused: Yura trapped a disabled man and his dying of cancer desperate to ensure her son's well being, mom. She let him believe he was a father, aided in his mother being framed for murder. Dumped him and the kid after stealing all his assets. Left her wicked witch mom to dump the kid like trash because she thought it was TP's baby and a burden. I won't get into Yura letting the child die to hang onto SJ. Morally wrong? :lol: How is TP really her brother in law?  Besides it being fraud it would be ex-brother in law now. While SJ did you forget you're married to Yura? You chose to enter a loveless business marriage? Speaking of which, YJ & TP can do the Hallelujah dance that she and Yura share no blood. If SJ can act self righteous about fraud towards him RickRoll'D is what was done to TP? SJ is a 5 year old in a grown hot body but he's a pathetic, spoiled, entitled rich kid with daddy issues and a momma's boy. Doesn't he realize his situation is more like his mother's than his dad. As in delusional and wanting to keep someone that doesn't want you. God I wish Secretary Koo being his dad would be the final nail in the coffin. At least then he won't have to feel bad about having incestuous thoughts for his sister. Ugh I was so turned off with his, 'daddy you have to stay with mommy' act. Knowing full well his mother is a lying, scheming attempted murderess. Though wait til he finds out she framed then murdered TP's mom and Su Hee's husband and Yejin's father.  Aside from all that, loving the chess match with Lady Ju and Yura. I only wish this happened twenty episodes ago. It could have been an interesting tit for tat between them.

• Like 2
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Awesome 1

I have decided to be oddball, although SJ was lied too. I still think none of this would have happened if his MOTHER WASN’T A vicious &greedy woman.  His mom got away for ruining so many people lives, someone had to pay. I think SJ has to pay the price for what she has done and hasn’t anyone noticed that SJ will pay the ultimate price for his mom greed. The only way for his mom to stop, SJ has to pay.  Now if he pay the price and she doesn’t repent than SJ may not be her son. 

Someone mentioned something incredible. Su Hee was heavily  pregnant but SJ’s mom wasn’t showing at all. Here she is in a flashback chasing SH.  I was wondering what if?????? SJ isn’t Lady Joo’s child. How can YJ and SJ be the same age???  What if , I mean What if They were twins ????  Yucky right?

@Ameera Ali love your gifs lol 

I am curious Did SJ and YJ ever Kiss please I can’t remember?? Or I might have fast forward the scene. @maribella @Lmangla @Mocharel  @nohamahamoud2002

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Ameera Ali love your gifs lol 

I am curious Did SJ and YJ ever Kiss please I can’t remember?? Or I might have fast forward the scene. @maribella @Lmangla @Mocharel  @nohamahamoud2002

Thanks , for you question no they didn’t kiss , he was giving her time or was he 

nicksplat rugrats GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

22 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am curious Did SJ and YJ ever Kiss please I can’t remember?? Or I might have fast forward the scene.

she wanted him to kiss her but like @Ameera Ali posted, he gave her time as he felt she wasn't ready yet. so she was almost there and he was the one who held back.

he is already traumatized by his mom, dad, yura and back stabbed by his so called friends tae poong and yujung. for his sake, hope it turns out that he is not related at all. the fella needs a break -- can't have all the bad luck! maybe he was just adopted from an orphanage because lady joo could not have children or some kid secretary koo picked up or had. who knows -- we have lots of possibilities. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@Lmangla @UnniSarah if he YJ twin or adopted isn’t problem but how the chairman didn’t notice his wife is faking pregnancy, is their a law no intimacy while pregnant in kdrama :hwaiting2: or didn’t her body get any mark after birth or pregnancy for him to notice afterward :phew:

or did she like to keep him around for as decorations in their whole marriage life :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

43 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Lmangla @UnniSarah if he YJ twin or adopted isn’t problem but how the chairman didn’t notice his wife is faking pregnancy, is their a law no intimacy while pregnant in kdrama or didn’t her body get any mark after birth or pregnancy for him to notice afterward 

or did she like to keep him around for as decorations in their whole marriage life 

@Ameera Ali 

Let me be honest with you I have been wondering the same thing. In fact in kdrama especially with actors who are in their 30’s -40’s  act like they don’t have any knowledge on what s** is on what take place in a sexual manner. 
 1. We all saw SJ’s parents sleep in to separate beds??? How the hell was he born. That is one reason I thought SJ wasn’t the chairman child.  With the flashback We can clearly see SH was PREGNANT BUT NO BUMP ON lady Joo. It makes me wonder how did she have SJ ?? 

I will be honest the writer did a terrible in telling his story. Even Fatal Promises had a better storyline and how it was executed???  This story wasn’t executed right. This writer just let Han YuRa do shine through out the drama. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I will be honest the writer did a terrible in telling his story. Even Fatal Promises had a better storyline and how it was executed???  This story wasn’t executed right. This writer just let Han YuRa do shine through out the drama. 

You know you’ve gone and goofed if FATAL PROMISE, of all dramas, had better storyline regarding revenge plot compared to yours. Honestly I’m just enjoying the circus show here and Ameera’s gifs, the writer is just one big YR/Lee Chaeyoung simp and made this whole convoluted plot with a cast of idiots or on-off genius-morons.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Mocharel said:

You know you’ve gone and goofed if FATAL PROMISE, of all dramas, had better storyline regarding revenge plot compared to yours. Honestly I’m just enjoying the circus show here and Ameera’s gifs, the writer is just one big YR/Lee Chaeyoung simp and made this whole convoluted plot with a cast of idiots or on-off genius-morons.

Like you said it is a circus show for Man In the Veil. I am not claiming Fatal Promise is the best Revenge Drama. I just meant the execution for the storyline  is better than this drama. I can name the best Revenge drama that will have you raving about the revenge for a lifetime @Mocharel

• Like 2
  • Love 1

this drama for me turned stupid the moment the little boy died. instead of YJ I will have already killed YR, because it's still her fault if he died, yes he was very sick but YR was the only one who could save him, I don't understand how YJ succeeds to speak with her without hitting her very hard, sorry if my comment offends

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

@UnniSarah Oh lord no, heck no, I’d sooner call my doggo the president than say Fatal Promise or Gracious Revenge are the best revenge dramas. But I agree, even in those two dramas there are elements that can still salvage the stories, some parts were pretty ok, even. Here it’s just Han Yura circus show and the animals are the Hans, TP, and SJ. Featuring the Otoke cow.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2