[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

I am watching Homemade love story as well. The two lovers are always sitting close to each other when they could. Comfort each other with hugs yet comments at another forum said they were like friends, no hot stuff.

If they were to watch this couple who talked to each other as if they were at an interview. ...no hugs or even touching of hands... I am guessing this will be their reactionS :dead:

And there was TP's thinking look or was it puzzled or was it interested or ...? :smiley:.

He was more interesting when he was on a vengeful mood. Eyes narrowed, chin down and look through that girly fringe and wham YR got hit with bad news. Those were the episodes.

Let's see how SJ exact his revenge on the family that has fooled him. With gloved hand or a club.  But waiting to commiserate with him, Ko is his father by popular demand.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I do not feel bad for the Hans after what those family did to Tp  and his mother and he can  still like YJ cause  in the end she will pick the Han over him and do not let her be pregnant she is one of the worst parent I have seen letting that  that little boy die is her fault for not taking good care of him so I have no sympathy for any of them 

Spoiler

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vintage said:

Next preview has SJ mom calling Yura  "A dirty wench". An apt description for her. If YJ is really DL chairman child,the biggest takeaway from this secret birth is YJ dumbness is actually the result of her DNA. Both her bio dad and aunt have intelligence deficit disorder also.

I was thinking the same thing. You remember the saying “The Pot calling the kettle black” popped in my head once I saw the preview. Smh smh 

I can’t feel bad for SJ because this is his Karma to be miserable.  SJ could have relieved himself of all this pain if for once he chose himself instead of him momma. She is the one for him in such a MESS.  Lady Joo only thought of herself and her using her son to stay with a man who hasn’t been able to forget his first love. 
The same way she try to murder his first love again it is because she KNOWS HUBBY ISN’T OVER SJ. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

SJ is now angry, who wouldn't be, I regret that he never managed to have positive relationships with others because of family, his mother ruined him, his father was cold, for his parents he made inappropriate choices with the hope to do his duty as a good son. Who knows if his father's coldness was due to the fact that he knew he had no blood ties. I'm worried about SJ if he is actually not the president's son but the secretary's! that man killed TP's mom and who knows how many horrible things. SJ does not deserve not to be happy, considering everyone he is not that he is guilty of unforgivable crimes, if obsessed with love he is only because he never had it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

So guess Mr. Abs hasn't been generous with shirtless scenes in a while now.... :tears:

I would give up on the abs now @partyon it's all revelation and retribution time. No time to take long showers. 

The only unmarried guys with a lot of time is the brother whose abs are probably bones only :lol: and the blue haired uncle :confounded:

Ko is too busy doing Joo's work and of course many will want to shoot him if he is not in prison at the end.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

Holy guacamole! :scream:

But why.....? People love the screaming and the slapping so much?

The ratings went up so they are cashing on it. There are 6-7 hrs more and so many unresolved stories. Of course they may make the last episode a quickie, so it may mean tedious slow episodes for the rest.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I was thinking the same thing. You remember the saying “The Pot calling the kettle black” popped in my head once I saw the preview. Smh smh 

I can’t feel bad for SJ because this is his Karma to be miserable.  SJ could have relieved himself of all this pain if for once he chose himself instead of him momma. She is the one for him in such a MESS.  Lady Joo only thought of herself and her using her son to stay with a man who hasn’t been able to forget his first love. 
The same way she try to murder his first love again it is because she KNOWS HUBBY ISN’T OVER SJ. 

Agreed, lol, like madam have you not looked in the mirror lately?? It’s like a thief calling a robber out, hilarious. She even attempted murder too, like she and YR were both cut from the same cloth yet they tried to off one another, they’re sooo so alike, please put them in the same jail cell, if ancient Romans were still around they wouldn’t have any need for a coliseum, just put these two blackhearted selfish lionesses against each other.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

On 1/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mocharel said:

I said it before and I still don’t get why TP kept the whole thing a secret from SJ, he’s his friend, he should’ve pulled SJ aside and secretly reveal everything, and both can plan to kick YR out in secret, it’s not like SJ was on YR’s side, he despised YR, he would gladly welcome any way to be rid of that vampire parasite. SJ could’ve been be a powerful ally to TP, why couldn’t he see that even back when he still had his genius brain??? Instead now he’s lost a friend and a potentially strong ally.

TP went to work in the company unsure of who the culprit was - SJ’s Dad or Mom. It wasn’t just YR that he was after. He couldn’t say to SJ, “hey bro help me pin a murder rap on one of your parents “. He did befriend him to pursue his revenge. But then we saw he got distracted with so many things & forgot his priorities for a super long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I'm just hoping the writer will use SJ as a mean for bringing retribution to the Hans because there doesn't seem to be anyone else that will do it.  I rather see him dealing with the Yura issues instead of helping his mom.  It looks like the in laws meet and greet in the preview will be entertaining.  The look on the greedy Mom Han face is priceless. Here in front of her is a rich son in law and instead of her typical  fawning around money, shes looks frighten.  There also seems to be an effort by the writer to try to redeem her but I'm hoping SJ house visit will put a halt to that. This writer is all over the place and keeps forgetting things said in prior episodes. For instance, when koo asked YJ about her heart surgery she told him she has always been healthy. Yet now we get YJ stomach problems she always had out of the blue and the Han mom being all caring about her health. That scene was ridiculous but expected since the writer just have to remind us once every episode that YJ is an idiot and forgave all the abuse that was dealt by that woman.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, fanofr said:

TP went to work in the company unsure of who the culprit was - SJ’s Dad or Mom. It wasn’t just YR that he was after. He couldn’t say to SJ, “hey bro help me pin a murder rap on one of your parents “. He did befriend him to pursue his revenge. But then we saw he got distracted with so many things & forgot his priorities for a super long time.

Hmm that’s true, but why didn’t he say anything about YR tho? She had nothing to do with his parents, and to my understanding TP looked like he did consider SJ his friend eventually, so why didn’t he tell his supposed friend about this parasite?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

This drama should have never been titled Man in veil . It should have been titled Seven deadly sins , Everyone in this drama especially Ms. Hefty has committed  them over and over . It makes my blood boil that it took SJ 2 episodes to do what TP couldn't do in 90+ episodes SMDH. I have never seen a drama filled with  this much stupidity in my life. The writer and his twisted imagination seems to have took a nice long vacation ,  With his recreational drugs , And left us all in purgatory a good while ago. This drama should not have been extended not 1 minute longer , it should have been over at least in 80 episodes. 

I have no empathy for any  of the characters in this drama except poor Min Woo. I was  bad feeling SJ at one point , But when he started acting obsessed with YJ  it turned me off . there is nothing worst than a guy who wants suffocate you. He Finally covered up the smoldering abs , Put on his genius hat and made TP ,YJ , YR and the Han family look like certified fools I couldn't stop laughing . SJ will probably end up like most Second leads  alone with no one and no one to love . I'm happy its coming  to a close its been dragging  for far too long. :dead:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Mocharel said:

Hmm that’s true, but why didn’t he say anything about YR tho? She had nothing to do with his parents, and to my understanding TP looked like he did consider SJ his friend eventually, so why didn’t he tell his supposed friend about this parasite?

The writer was creating too many storylines that he could not handle. So TP went on a vengeful path that fizzled out with a few of Ms Otoke's tears. Likewise her revenge barely got off the ground. Being so much in love, you'd think he would give her a hug when she looked so down, no, just 'bye'. There is just no depth in the storyline or the relationships, so TP cannot be made to be friendly with SJ for too long. The writer has to deal with another story. TP and Han father are people I think Westerners would call inscrutable Asians. Their expressions are so difficult to read. :innocent:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Actually YR is not wise it so happened that people around her are all dumb.  Why would they tell her what their plans are just to oust her, TP told her that he'll reveal her secrets little by little...DUH!!!.  Everyone in this story are selfish and have secrets of their own to hide, they just think of their own selves.  At least YR is very honest since the very start that is why she made it that far by marrying SJ.  The victim here is SJ being surrounded by liars.  

• Like 7

for anyone wondering how yura could have had heart problems as a baby and now is healthily shouting and throwing tea cups... how was it yura being unhealthy as a baby was never mentioned earlier? we can't take this drama seriously but am guessing it is the following...

watched this in a science documentary about development of babies -- basically we are all born with a hole in our heart. all of us. this has got something to do with how in the womb, the blood flow is a bit different as the baby's lungs are not really developed and baby get food through the placenta. so after birth, the body re-wires itself to have this normal blood flow pattern -- there is a fancy science term for it which I am not able to remember. within days/weeks of birth, this hole closes for most babies once the lungs are fully functional but in a few cases, it does not. so for some, it causes issues when a person hits 30s or so and then they have some corrective open heart surgery. in some babies, it gets diagnosed early and once baby gets the surgery, they go on to have normal lives.

watched this documentary a while back but if I remember the details right, if this hole is not closed, it is called ''atrial sephal defect" -- for those curious, you can read these notes (1) (2) (3) for parents which explains it well and quite simply..

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@Lmangla guess that’s kdrama logic for us, lol. We can’t even expect characters to act rationally and realistically, how are we supposed to expect actual science from it??? In a world where major fraudulent scams happen as frequent as breathing?? I’m aware scams happen a lot all over the world but the way that every drama seems to have con artists or scammers is way too frequent, if I didn’t know better I’d be scared to go to korea bcs of the amount of scammers there. Or worse, actual Han Yura.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mocharel said:

@Lmangla guess that’s kdrama logic for us, lol. We can’t even expect characters to act rationally and realistically, how are we supposed to expect actual science from it??? In a world where major fraudulent scams happen as frequent as breathing?? I’m aware scams happen a lot all over the world but the way that every drama seems to have con artists or scammers is way too frequent, if I didn’t know better I’d be scared to go to korea bcs of the amount of scammers there. Or worse, actual Han Yura.

I was there in Fall 2019, didn't get scammed. :) The foliage at Soerak Park was breathtaking.

I think it's a case of borrowing other people's ideas. I think one writer comes up with a theme, ideas which aren't necessarily representative of Koreans, so other writers copied if they see the ratings are good.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maribella said:

I was there in Fall 2019, didn't get scammed. :) The foliage at Soerak Park was breathtaking.

I think it's a case of borrowing other people's ideas. I think one writer comes up with a theme, ideas which aren't necessarily representative of Koreans, so other writers copied if they see the ratings are good.

Yeah I know that korea isn’t actually full of scammers, if anything, it’s just the same as the rest of the world. It’s just that if someone who didn’t know better watches all these kdramas they would think that korea is full of these con artists and scammers, or elitist rich people who like to bully the poor, or narrow minded sexist patriarchs from the way those stereotypes seem to exist in almost every kdrama. And I thought koreans were so fixated about self image lol.

• Like 3