[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it will be interesting to see what happens with min ho. am still wondering if the child will die in some sort of accident or get injured because of this kidnapping. it looks like something drastic has to happen for yujung to spur to action and stop being stepped on all the time.

If something happens to that kid then I can truly see YJ changing her personality to go after YR as well. YJ loves that kid as her own and he is part of her promise to TP and his mother (although she has no idea that the kid is not TP's) so for that kid to get hurt badly or even die because of YR's actions will be the straw that breaks the camel's back to to speak with YJ. Its not enough she was raising her son that YR abandoned and does not like but the kid is hurt because of YR's selfish actions. 

If the child is hurt then this could be where TP finds out along with YJ that he is not the child's father and that YR lied and framed him for an act he never did. I do think its time he knew that YR is guilty of not only framing his mother , stealing his money but also lying about that kid which is why she collaborated the frame of his mother. Even if the kid is not his and survives he and YJ would raise him unless his bio dad comes to take him but I don't see that really happening as it would harm the child to loose the only family he knows. But then again adults can be very selfish and never consider the child in these drama's.

As it stands now unless he hears her say something about the kid not being his or she tells him in a fit of anger that she lied on him and played him for a fool the only way for him to even think this kid is not his is to have something come up health wise with the child and he needs blood and the test come back that he is not related to MH/TP.  We see him trying to strangle her now wait until he hears that and realizes how he was duped along with his mother. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Even if the kid is not his and survives he and YJ would raise him unless his bio dad comes to take him but I don't see that really happening as it would harm the child to loose the only family he knows. But then again adults can be very selfish and never consider the child in these drama's.

am trying to remember which drama it was but in something I watched, the natural father came into the picture and finally the kid went there because it was a far more healthy environment. am really waiting for reporter choi to come back into the picture because it is clear that no one has brain cells in this family and neither does tae poong. no one even doubts this dumb story of yura. yura is too stubborn to even acknowledge this child as hers and so will never admit that it wasn't tae poong.

reporter choi put the child's interest above his own because he felt that with his disablity and accident, he won't be able to take care. so it will be interesting twist to see him find out that yura had abandoned their child, then the mom abandoned her grandchild. now we have yura and mom scheming a kidnapping. yujung  mostly keeps buckling under pressure. she is more likely just ignore or excuse their behaviour because she can't bring herself to report to authorities and she is stupid enough to keep staying in the house. so yea, it has to be an outsider like reporter choi to bring the child out of this unhealthy environment where this child is seen as an "obstacle" by adults.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

have had this thought for a long time now. I can't see her being a daughter of that family. The mother almost seems resentful of the dad for liking YJ and treating he

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

sometimes it feels like a birth secret but then when you look in real life, favoritism occurs even in natural families. sometimes it is as simple as parent choo

It could be just to confuse us viewers but the part when YJ said this was how when I was growing up or something like that.
That could be a 'flashback' later.

If YJ and the nerdy girl are half siblings, that means SJ is also YJ's brother. Unless, he is the driver's son but he is is too nice  or his abs are too nice for that.:hwaiting2:

edit:

@Ayame ughh HE played a gurrrl. Aren't there enough girl actresses? 

• LOL 6

5 minutes ago, maribella said:

Unless, he is the driver's son but he is is too nice  or his abs are too nice for that.

abs to indicate paternity? haahhaha... they should use that in more kdrama plots. that would be hilarious! hahahah

P.S ~ chingus, there are new winter emojis for the season!

:Viki-Soompi-Winter-Stocking2-Emoji:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

@maribella The production team of Hi Bye Mama! chose him to be the daughter because they felt like he looked really similar to Kim Tae Hee (who played the role of the mother in the drama).

Episode 61 Preview

(There's no translation for the video preview, since it was uploaded separately after the episode finished airing. I'll post a translation of the written preview below instead.)

Episode 61 Written Preview - English Translation

(*Translation might not be completely accurate, since it's according to Google Translate & Papago.)

Tae-poong reveals himself to Yu-ra and gives her one last chance and time to give up everything. However, Yu-ra, who can't give up everything despite Tae-poong's threat, goes to her family and confesses that Lee Tae-poong is alive and threatening her.

Ending Scene of Episode 60

English Translation (from Kocowa):

Man: Lee Tae Poong got a new ID a few days ago. I think it was for him to issue a birth certificate. This is Tae Poong's address.
YR: If I go to this address, can I see Tae Poong?
Man: I think so. Also, you asked for a security camera that can capture faces. The owner of the camera is on his way to Seoul now. I'll send you a message as soon as I get it.
YR: Okay.
-In front of the apartment-
YR: So this is where Tae Poong lives. Lee Tae Poong, did you think I can't find you?
(YR receives security camera video as a text message and looks at video, seeing TP)
YR: Yu Min Hyuk? Why was he here? Then... Yu Min Hyuk is... Lee Tae Poong?
(YR walks in apartment)
TP: Welcome, Yu Ra. It's been... five years.

(Also, for those that are not watching the episodes and just skimming through, in this episode YJ decided to withdraw her resignation. Since she feels like she shouldn't have to quit after what YR did with MW/DH.)

Edited by Ayame
Added the English translation
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

Poor kid playing a girl. When he goes to school, he is going to be teased, without mercy.

I don't think we will be rid of the hefty woman any time soon. She's turning the table on TP? Ok every one this time not even @ameera ali's gifs are going to keep me here. Taking a break to fix my brain. :elated:

• Like 6

Hello @maribella  @Jillia @nohamahamoud2002 @Lmangla @Ameera Ali   Chingu's both her parents cut ties with her. This was actually a good episode. We need to accept that YJ is TP's weakness. For now I believe YR's secret will have to come out.  TODAY WAS KNOCK YU RA DOWN DAY. I HAD HOPED TP WOULD REALLY CHOKE HER BUT I SUSPECTED IT WAS AA DREAM.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291c8966c9540ad0f35e

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 3

Spoiler
4 hours ago, maribella said:

Poor kid playing a girl. When he goes to school, he is going to be teased, without mercy.

Kids aren't watching dramas. Why would they be teasing him? If the kid is able to play dynamic characters then I don't see the issue in that. I'm sorry but I don't see the point of all your "ugh HE played a girl" and "poor kid" comments. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello @maribella  @Jillia @nohamahamoud2002 @Lmangla @Ameera Ali   Chingu's both her parents cut ties with her. This was actually a good episode. We need to accept that YJ is TP's weakness. For now I believe YR's secret will have to come out.  TODAY WAS KNOCK YU RA DOWN DAY. I HAD HOPED TP WOULD REALLY CHOKE HER BUT I SUSPECTED IT WAS AA DREAM.

Reveal hidden contents

I zipped through the episode because it's a crying YJ again and crazy YR again ep.

I didn't catch the mother-YR part, she is still doing what YR wants.

I just can't take it since we will have to watch YR putting on a crying act, more and more of her in the following eps and her in laws being duped again.

This will be the beginning of TP-SJ falling out?

Really this show reminds me of teacher Oh Soon Nam, but better acting here. It was amazingly pathetic that I can remember the title.
The antagonist was also as crazy, also had abandoned her little boy. The protagonist was bad as the YR's father at acting. Her last show that I watched a little was stopped even before the full number of episodes.

@UnniSarah YJ is weak. She's not helping TP. It might not be so bad, If she has supportive parents.

see ya later.

10 hours ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:
  Hide contents

Kids aren't watching dramas. Why would they be teasing him? If the kid is able to play dynamic characters then I don't see the issue in that. I'm sorry but I don't see the point of all your "ugh HE played a girl" and "poor kid" comments. 

There is no need for you to see the point, it is my opinion.

There were also many in the industry who questioned it. He does not look like Kim Tae Hee. 
Kdramas have even teenage actors who look nothing like the adult actors or actresses, yet the shows were popular and the shows were good.

Kids may not watch the shows at kindergarten, there are such things as old shows or reruns.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Why did it take so long for the stupid mom to realize that Yura is spiteful??

• Like 5

Sorry @Jillia I am usually careful about removing pictures, distracted this time. 
Just checking homemade lovers forum saw this. 

@nohamahamoud2002 I believe they are going to introduce a birth secret. It's just too obvious that the parents esp. the mother indulged her. A few others and I are banking on YJ being adopted.

I'm taking a break from this show with obnoxious women, just back for the tags.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

He revealed himself so that YR would stop bothering YJ.  

so he finally did it! now, this cat and mouse is going to get interesting. we still have 40 more episodes to go and he needs to find out about lady joo who pretends to be this sweet woman but is actually a viper. so that mask needs to come off.

18 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's both her parents cut ties with her. This was actually a good episode. We need to accept that YJ is TP's weakness. For now I believe YR's secret will have to come out.  TODAY WAS KNOCK YU RA DOWN DAY. I HAD HOPED TP WOULD REALLY CHOKE HER BUT I SUSPECTED IT WAS AA DREAM.

it was really satisfactory to see both parents just away from her. expected the dad to do it but was surprised the mom was also fed up with her antics that she wasn't prepared to indulge her anymore. lets see how long that lasts. based on preview, it looks like she is begging tae poong and back to supporting yura again. the family really need to find out her criminal acts. then they will stop looking the other way. also it was good to see yujung decide not to quit.

• Like 7