[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

yujung should check with her omma if she is allowed to marry her ex brother-in-law or get engaged to him! :P

Did YR and TP ever divorced? She just moved on after he disappeared, didn't she. That makes her a bigamist, if so.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maribella said:

Did YR and TP ever divorced? She just moved on after he disappeared, didn't she. That makes her a bigamist, if so.

yea, I am still confused on whether they were legally married or just socially married or just sort of married. so the ceremony got cancelled because yujung fell sick and taepoong ran off to get her to a hospital. so does that mean they weren't socially married? it didn't seem like they registered the paperwork because some stuff happened which I can't remember. chingus, correct me if I am wrong. but she managed to get all the property as his wife and guardian. so there has to be some paperwork if she managed to take over. so was their marriage legal? .. and even if she wasn't, they did live together and to the outside society, she paraded herself as tae poong's wife. so in some, it is a common law marriage.....

since they just abruptly split, does that mean either of them need a divorce? it is all really confusing. but what is more strange is yujung thinking she can have a happy ending with a man who used to be her brother-in-law for a while and may still be. umm, shouldn't she be having pangs like in other dramas? she seems to have totally forgotten that tae poong was involved with yura and it is their child (supposedly) or it doesn't matter as tae poong is legally dead? so yea, this is one of those dramas where we need to throw out common sense and just go with the flow and laugh. ^_^

• LOL 4

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea, I am still confused on whether they were legally married or just socially married or just sort of married. so the ceremony got cancelled because yujung fell sick and taepoong ran off to get her to a hospital. so does that mean they weren't socially married? it didn't seem like they registered the paperwork because some stuff happened which I can't remember. chingus, correct me if I am wrong. but she managed to get all the property as his wife and guardian. so there has to be some paperwork if she managed to take over. so was their marriage legal? .. and even if she wasn't, they did live together and to the outside society, she paraded herself as tae poong's wife. so in some, it is a common law marriage.....

since they just abruptly split, does that mean either of them need a divorce? it is all really confusing. but what is more strange is yujung thinking she can have a happy ending with a man who used to be her brother-in-law for a while and may still be. umm, shouldn't she be having pangs like in other dramas? she seems to have totally forgotten that tae poong was involved with yura and it is their child (supposedly) or it doesn't matter as tae poong is legally dead? so yea, this is one of those dramas where we need to throw out common sense and just go with the flow and laugh. ^_^

@Lmangla Im agree with you,  I have tried to use the common sense method in Kdrama, It just doesn't work :joy:. I just laugh and cry and let the rest work it self out .

• LOL 6

Regarding TP & YR, I'm pretty sure they weren't legally married because if I remember correctly, they never did register their marriage (and registering MW's birth kept getting pushed back) since stuff kept happening.

Also, sorry I posted the translation much later today, Kocowa was late in posting it so nothing I could do about that. ^^;;

Episode 55 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):

SJ: Yu Ra, why don't we have your father over for dinner?
SJ's Mom: What do you mean? Isn't your father in the US?
YR: Who's your girlfriend, Chief Yu? Seo Jun, you don't seem to know either. Maybe you shouldn't know who she is.
YJ: Leave Chief Yu alone.
YR: It's the love of the century. I'll leave Min Hyuk alone, but there's one condition.
TP: If I find out about your secret and tell Seo Jun first, what are you doing to do?
Woman?: Yu Jung and Seo Jun work for the same company.
SJ (to YJ): Did you go to the same school as Yu Ra? Why didn't you tell me then?

Ending Scene of Episode 54

-At SJ's House-
YR: I'm home.
SJ's Dad: You're home late. Take a seat.
TP: Hello, Mrs. Han.
YR: What are you doing here, Mr. Yu?
SJ's Mom: Mr. Yu helped Mi Ri with her fraud case. I invited him to treat him to dinner.
YR: Mi Ri, what's with the fraud case?
SJ's Aunt: Well, I was almost hustled because of a spa.
YR: Did it really happen? You could've been in trouble.
TP: Mrs. Han, you seem really busy. You don't even know what's going on at home.
YR: I'm sorry? I'm busy with work at the broadcasting station. I'm sorry.
SJ's Aunt: It's okay. I know you're busy.
SJ: Thanks to you, it worked out well. Thank you, Min Hyuk.
TP: Well, it's okay. I didn't really do anything.
SJ's Aunt: What do you mean? If it weren't for you, I could have gotten swindled and taken all the blame. I had no idea she was going to swindle me. I mean it.
TP: There's also a saying. Your enemy is closer than you think. You can take Mr. Ju's example too. His friend, Hwang Jin Sung, got him.
SJ's Aunt: How did Mr. Hwang get a hold of the notebook? Did you find more about it?
TP: Well, we don't know. It could've been done by someone close too.
-SJ & YR's Bedroom-
YR (talking to herself): Now Min Hyuk came to the house and even earned their trust. This is annoying. I can't let Min Hyuk be close to Seo Jun anymore. I should cut him off Seo Jun.
YR (on phone): It's me. Send me everything you found in the background check on Min Hyuk.
-At the living room in SJ's house-
SJ's Aunt: Oh, my. Chief Yu, you're wearing a ring. That must be a matching ring. Do you have a girlfriend?
SJ: Min Hyuk, did you get a girlfriend? Who is she?
TP: Well, it's some girl.
SJ's Aunt: I don't know who she is, but she's a lucky girl. She hit the jackpot!
SJ's Dad: Mi Ri, why did you choose that word out of other sophisticated words?
SJ's Aunt: What? Did it not sound sophisticated? I meant... you're such a nice guy.
TP: Thank you.
(YR receives text message)
YR (thinking): What? Is there something going on between Yu Jung and Min Hyuk?
SJ's Aunt: When did you meet her? How long has it been? I wish I could see her next time.
TP: Well, sure. I'll bring her when I get a chance.

Also for those that want the translation of TP & YJ's date, I put it under the spoiler:

Spoiler

TP & YJ's Date - Episode 54

YJ: This is good. I get to walk at night with you.
TP: Aren't you cold?
YJ: No, the wind is perfect. And if I'm cold, I can get closer to you.
TP: Shall we sit down?
YJ: Yes.
(TP & YJ sit down)
YJ: Oh, my. I see some stars. I didn't know I'd see the stars in the city.
TP: I know. When we lived in Chuncheon, we used to look at the stars in our yard. We also made a wish upon a shooting star.
YJ: Right. What did you wish for at the time?
TP: That I live with you happily for the rest of my life.
YJ: Then your wish came true already.
TP: I guess so. The stars are beautiful.
YJ: Do you want one?
TP: Why? Will you get me one?
YJ: Of course. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you.
TP: Then I want... Let's see. That star.
YJ: Okay. Wait here. I got it. Give me your hand.
TP: Did you really get it?
YJ: Your hand!
(YJ gives TP a ring)
TP: Yu Jung.
YJ: It's a gift for you. For safely returning to me in one piece, thank you.
TP: I should be the one to give you this.
YJ: That's nonsense. The one who wants to should give it first. What do you think? Do you like it? Give me your hand.
(YJ puts the ring on TP's finger)
YJ: Good. Now you can't go anywhere. This means you're mine.
TP: Thank you.

Edited by Ayame
Added youtube version of preview
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

seriously I don’t care about revenge now , but I care to know why YR don’t get band to enter this place , after her behavior every visit :tounge_wink:

** what her problem with these cups 

hahahaha.... they should give her plastic cups but then maybe they charge her extra for breaking the cups. in that case, she is golden customer! or maybe it is normal for rich people to break cups. all of them do it in the dramas! hahaha...

Donald Duck Money GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Chingu’s let’s talk about Park Na Young.  What a dumb girl?? Why the Heck would she take the jewelry from Han YuRa ( the pathological liar). 

In the preview we have to worry about Han Yu Jung having to lie to SJ. I am like why is writernim doing this?? Making it harder for YJ and SJ to have a bad falling out and YR winning. 

• Like 5

Episode 56 Preview

YR: Does Min Hyuk know something about me? Then he must've told Seo Jun at some point.
YR: How could you go there?
YJ/YR's Dad: Then how could you come here? Why do you always come make a fuss here whenever you're in trouble?
MW/DH: It's the superman guy.
YJ/YR's Dad: How do you know him?
SJ: What's going on, Yu Jung? Why are you quitting?
SJ: Han Yu Ra, was it you again?
YR: What are you talking about out of the blue?
Man(?): You abandoned and ignored your family to satisfy your greed. You'll pay for it soon.
TP: I have a photo to show you too.

Ending Scene from Episode 55

-At work-
YJ: I guess I almost finished the ongoing project.
(Letter of Resignation)
YJ: This is the right thing to do.
TP (thinking): What is she working hard on alone this late?
TP: A letter of resignation? What's this?
YJ: Oppa.
TP: Why are you submitting this? Are you quitting?
-At TP's office-
(Flashback) YJ: We shouldn't let Seo Jun know about us. For you to stay in the DL Group, the only option we have is that I quit.
TP: Han Yu Ra, so you must kick Yu Jung out of the company?
-The Next Day - At SJ's Office-
TP: It has additional conditions on the collaboration with Mr. Ju. Revise it.
SJ: Thank you.
TP: Seo Jun, why don't we have lunch together?
SJ: I can't make it today. Han Yu Ra's father is coming, so we'll have lunch at home.
TP: Ms. Han's father?
SJ: Yes. He came to Korea for a Dental Association seminar. I guess that's why I saw him on the street. He's only available today, so we'll have a family lunch.
TP: Is that so?
TP (thinking): Yu Ra is calling a fake father over.
-At YR's Work-
YR (on phone): Are you all set? After lunch, tell them you're taking an evening flight. Don't forget that. You cannot make a mistake today. I'm taking off now, so I'll see you at home later.
-At SJ's house-
SJ's Mom: You're home, Yu Ra.
YR: Yes, Mother. It must've been hard to prepare it. I should've helped.
SJ's Mom: No, it wasn't hard. You should meet your father. He's been waiting for you long.
YR: Is he already here?
-YR's (real) dad walks out from a different room-

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu’s let’s talk about Park Na Young.  What a dumb girl?? Why the Heck would she take the jewelry from Han YuRa ( the pathological liar). 

In the preview we have to worry about Han Yu Jung having to lie to SJ. I am like why is writernim doing this?? Making it harder for YJ and SJ to have a bad falling out and YR winning. 

She is the one who was set up by YR, with a naked guy right? Is she duped again? 

Finally another character who's a bigger idiot than YJ.

YJ is officially the noble idiot of the series. She's quitting for some 'noble' reason.

23 hours ago, Ayame said:

Regarding TP & YR, I'm pretty sure they weren't legally married because if I remember correctly, they never did register their marriage (and registering MW's birth kept getting pushed back) since stuff kept happening.

As @Lmangla pointed out, she cheated TP off his inheritance, which means she had some legal standing in TP's family.

@Lmangla  Yes that is mind boggling, YJ snuggling up to her  maybe ex BIL or maybe her BIL. 
YR's marriage to SJ may be invalid.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu’s let’s talk about Park Na Young.  What a dumb girl??

She just got YR admiration today , we can’t call her dumb girl anymore  :D 

~ she use her brain . well , it takes one to know one ! :w00t:

D6685DE1-6B6C-494F-8893-293DA6B582EA.gif

High Inteligente YR

~ Empty envelope  will still be empty girl don’t try hard  :D

AF196C2E-65F1-45D6-96AC-B8A95244DD0E.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6