[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

There is something unhealthy when a 30 something man cannot say no to his parents and ends up marrying a crafty fox. 

To be fair - his marriage was his own greed :phew:

Why I stop to understand children & parent relationship in kdrama :D

Not till you’re 16

turn 16

Not till you’re 18

Turn 18 

Not till you finish your Education 

You Graduated 

Not till you work 

Find a job 

Not till you’re 30

Turn 30

NOT WHILE YOU’RE UNDER OUR ROOF

Amazed son

C6C87D9F-EB93-4906-ABA4-1584E377F4C1.gif

• LOL 11

Just posting the English translation below for those that don't have direct access to Kocowa. I would've posted it earlier, but when Kocowa uploads it, it's usually 4 AM my time, so I already fell asleep lol.

Episode 47 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):

Man: About the rent, charge them at half the price.
YJ: Is Chief Yu the owner of our building? Chief Yu has a Mickey Mouse too.
YJ: You know this, right, Dong Ho?
MW/DH: Yes. It's Mickey Mouse.
SJ: Why are you plotting with my mom behind my back? How much greedier will you get?
SJ: What is this?
SJ's Mom: How come you have this?
SJ's Dad: What's going on?
TP: I'm not Tae Poong you're looking for. I'm Yu Min Hyuk. You said he died.

Ending Clip from Episode 46

English Translation (from Kocowa):

YJ (on phone): Hello. I just met with Mr. Ju. It'd be hard for him to clear his schedule for now. Let me fill you in on the details at the office. Okay.
(Flashback) YJ's Uncle: Yu Jung, I wish you luck. I'm sure he likes you.
Man: Okay. I'm close.
YJ: That guy is the one who claimed he saw Tae Poong and asked for a reward.
(Flashback) YJ: Did you really see Tae Poong?
(Flashback) Man: Yes. I saw him for sure in Chuncheon a week ago.
YJ: Sir, you recognize me, right?
Man: Who are you? Right.
YJ: Why did you lie at that time? Tae Poong died five years ago. Why did you lie to me that you saw him a week before that?
Man: He died five years ago? What are you talking about? I saw him alive in the flesh.
-Back at the office-
(Flashback) Man: When you went to the bank, he came to me and said he was Lee Tae Poong. He looked just like the flyer. Don't you really know?
YJ (thinking): What on earth is going on? He looks just like him?
KYJ: I'm back.
Co-worker: Ye Jin, what is it?
KYJ: There's a fruit juice place that opened up nearby. Their specialty is apple juice. It's good, so I got you some for you to try.
Co-workers: - Thank you so much. / - Thank you.
YJ: Thanks. You have one extra.
KYJ: Yes. It's for Min Hyuk.
YJ: Chief Yu is allergic to apples.
KYJ: What? No. He has a shellfish allergy. He loves apples. Let me drop it off.
YJ: Okay.
YJ: He has a shellfish allergy?
(Flashback) Doctor: It looks like an allergic reaction. Did you eat something wrong?
(Flashback) TP: Yes. I'm allergic to apples. I guess I didn't know they were in the salad sauce.
YJ (thinking): He definitely said he was allergic to apples. Why did he lie to me? He looks just like him and he has a shellfish allergy. Besides, he said he was Lee Tae Poong to that guy I saw earlier. Then... is Chief Yu...
-At TP's office-
TP: Ms. Han, what's wrong? Ms. Han.
YJ: Tae Poong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/16/2020 at 5:18 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

If YR has decided to do a test tube baby then she has a plot to get the DNA needed from SJ to have it. Or she very well could just lie and either be with someone else to get it and push it on SJ (which is her MO) or lie and hope she can trap SJ into really sleeping with her making it a reality later. 

My view on YR is even if she manages to get pregnant once again. I can't see her having another kid. The reason why, she did not want the one she had before so anyone who could cruelly leave the child they had and pushed it on someone else as the father after destroying his family will never be able to fully have a new kid to use as a tool in her new marriage. Giving her another child to use as collateral to stay in that marriage will never happen, simply because when everything comes out about YR there need to be no ties left to SJ. So either she will forcefully take the DNA needed in some way from SJ or she will fake a pregnancy to gain sympathy and hope to get SJ in bed long enough to do the deed or she will hook up with someone else either the old fashion way or by using their DNA to get pregnant. But she will always be on pins and needles if she does it the last two ways worried about the fake pregnancy being found out or someone getting wise to think of checking DNA to see if the kid is really SJ's. There is not a motherly bone in YR's body so letting her even dare to add to the population once again is a huge mistake. 

Going through your comment again reminded me of how he totally neglected baby Minwo while married to TP. Only TP showed the baby parental love before YJ adopted him. What an evil woman. She doesn't deserve another pregnancy!

• Like 6

SJ step up your game , YJ not looking for meat only , she need father figure too for her son , with TP today in the episode buying the games & car seat the abs wouldn’t be wow factor anymore mama boy  :joy:

Second lead
CC177A47-400D-45F2-93A9-4BAAD243F263.gif

YJ : as much is tempting, I need more than body :D
C3A01A28-7663-43A8-A17E-81F37A71BFF8.gif

• LOL 11
  • Awesome 1

SJ’s mom taking her dumbness to the next level :joy:

YR let me handle everything , pregnancy mean happy married life  :D

13BE13BE-8A4B-404D-BA26-17F07D1A8C37.gif

SJ’s mom genus plan :  

** book for his check up while at it take his sperm :w00t: - like she shopping in a free sperm market  

142A57FA-058E-4555-9258-D9F414C174C3.gif

Me : Is she mistaken normal check up with donating sperm to the sperm bank :mrgreen:

Jennifer Lawrence Lol GIF

• LOL 10

@Ameera Ali  that's hilarious, she actually scheduled an extraction appointment for her son. :Megalol: An IVF and artificial insemination are not the same.

IVF : it's done in the petri dish by an employee. 

artificial insemination:  YR does it with a syringe

If SJ falls for that stunt, I hope the clinic makes a mistake and injects him with a fatal disease. Yes, I'd rather see him dead.

We really should be lenient with SJ, with a mother who has no scruples and a father who has no love, now he may be stuck with a kid of a conniving woman for the rest of his life.

I can safely say, I don't like this show but I like all the gifs @Ameera Ali and all the others. For those who are not in the event started by @Lmangla there are gifs galore over there.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 hours ago, dolorisbrady said:

Team Mickey Mouse : TP , SJ , YJ

I like love triangles , But this one is going to  be a

real mess , Something humpty dumpty may not be able to put back together again. I dont know what's going on with YJs fashion sense but those socks have to go pronto.

@dolorisbrady  I think there is a reason they keep shwing her socks. Remeber when YJ first met Yoon Soo Hee. They shop the same place for sock. This might be an important info.  What do you think? Besides YJ's clothes will get better once she gets HER WAKE UP CALL. 

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

To be fair - his marriage was his own greed :phew:

Why I stop to understand children & parent relationship in kdrama :D

Not till you’re 16

turn 16

Not till you’re 18

Turn 18 

Not till you finish your Education 

You Graduated 

Not till you work 

Find a job 

Not till you’re 30

Turn 30

NOT WHILE YOU’RE UNDER OUR ROOF

Amazed son

I agree with you @Ameera Ali  Mama's boy are so out dated and pathetic. When a man on;y does what their mom want , they are never happy. They sometimes turned out to be scum. I am amazed he has't reached that point yet.  

8 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Is the back hug for real or either YJ or TP is dreaming?? 

I hope not @nohamahamoud2002   If that does happen I will be pissed. I need YJ to finally get a wake up call. it is terribly needed. 

Yoon Soo Hee and Han Yoo Jung can bond on how they like the same type of socks. A way to accept her when she dates TP/ MH. 
@dolorisbrady lol lol  That is probably why her sock are so cheap 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, maribella said:

@Ameera Ali  that's hilarious, she actually scheduled an extraction appointment for her son.  An IVF and artificial insemination are not the same.

IVF : it's done in the petri dish by an employee. 

artificial insemination:  YR does it with a syringe

If SJ falls for that stunt, I hope the clinic makes a mistake and injects him with a fatal disease. Yes, I'd rather see him dead.

We really should be lenient with SJ, with a mother who has no scruples and a father who has no love, now he may be stuck with a kid of a conniving woman for the rest of his life.

I can safely say, I don't like this show but I like all the gifs @Ameera Ali and all the others. For those who are not in the event started by @Lmangla there are gifs galore over there.

I'm thinking karma. What if YR can't get pregnant through IVF because something went wrong from the first pregnancy (I don't know how, but kdrama can make stuff up).  Or what if the MIL finds out about the first pregnancy. One way or the other, I say YR finds that she can't get pregnant. Even in the crazy kdrama world a creation of an innocent baby between the ill fated SJ and YR would be too cruel. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, seungshin said:

I'm thinking karma. What if YR can't get pregnant through IVF because something went wrong from the first pregnancy (I don't know how, but kdrama can make stuff up).  Or what if the MIL finds out about the first pregnancy. One way or the other, I say YR finds that she can't get pregnant. Even in the crazy kdrama world a creation of an innocent baby between the ill fated SJ and YR would be too cruel. 

Usually when someone has an abortion in kdrama, the doctor over-scrape  the walls and somehow it is scarred like in Fatal promise. But her eggs are still available and so ivf is possible with a surrogate.  Technology is so good nowadays, it's just money that decides. 
The sure way of her not being able to have babies is early menopause. No eggs. I have not come across this problem yet in kdrama.:glasses:

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am happy she knows. I am was just tired of her TP oppa , TP Oppa@Ameera Ali Thanks for the GIF. 

you welcome :wub:

you will think , they way she so happy to find him { they planned flying to the sunset together :joy: 

54301C17-18C6-4910-BE12-75DD2323247F.gif

** they need reality check this is so early for happy after ever 

• LOL 7