[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

Yujung really tops my list for the most useless FL in the entire world of kdramas. 

Her character was a hindrance that served no true purpose. All this could've been done without her existence.

Heck, even Taepoong did a lackluster job and procrastinated on his homework until the last 10 episodes.

I still don't get how his savant syndrome case even applies to him - but ok. I'll let it off since this is a daily.

Haha even a dog and cat would have more chemistry than YJ and TP + all the side romances*.

Lol at today's criminals. Yura seemed more upset about her hair loss than her jail sentence. 

And Madame Joo becomes a delusional mother who somehow still has access to makeup? 

But hey. It's better than Madame suddenly becoming a repenting monk seeking redemption in jail eh.

All I'll remember of this drama: 2nd ML (the true man in the veil) sacrifices his one-sided-incest love to die for the dum OTP.

:notsureifserious:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Blob 1

haven't had a chance to watch the last episode yet - maybe later during the day.

just peeking my head in to wave and say it was a fun ride with all of you.

this is one of those "so bad it is good" dramas. :joy: much of it didn't make any sense, tae poong, the lead actually didn't end up doing the revenge and was instead distracted by love. second lead seo jun got screwed up by everyone and when he dies, everyone cries -- waaah, why not appreciate him when he was there. nope. oh well. yujung was forever saying "otoke" to everything.

and then we have our villain yura who actually wasn't that smart but seemed to have all the luck. or maybe it was because her opponents were actually not that clever. hahahahah... poor mr koo, no idea why he was so devoted with all those muscles -- at least if he had an affair the villainous lady joo and seo jun was his son, his actions would have made sense. then we can assume thats abs is inherited but we will just roll with it. kekeke...

so yea this was a mad set of characters but on the whole, it was weirdly enjoyable. had a blast laughing at everything in the drama with you. it was a good way to spend six months. catch y'all on another thread!

9 hours ago, Ayame said:

"I wish everyone would be happy. Seo Jun will be happy with that ^^
#IAlmostDiedBecauseItWasCold"

bwahahahah.... laughing at the hashtag that the actor playing seo jun post on his IG. :lol:

well, we, especially @Ameera Ali @partyon appreciates your sacrifice in going through this cold weather to display those abs. bye mr. kimbap abs!

:byebye2:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Helo

So finallly over. This drama was really bad, and I like the actors, I have see them in other projects and they are really good. But this story was bad...but glad we made it to the end. See you all soon in another drama. 

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1

Finally it ended but...

1.  I am not used to YJ calling the Chairman Dad.

2. That celfone has a powerful battery life.

3. Why didn't Lady Joo & Mr Koo just destroyed that celfone.

4. Why the sudden change of character by The Hans toward their own daughter, parents would   not just leave their child like that no matter how bad she committed. 

5.  Lady Joo still managed to slip in her expensive make up while in prison? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

in the end everyone has settled down and will live happily, but the bad guys have not repented for their actions.
It will take me a few days to recover and metabolize the death of the JS character in the plot, in fact I avoid all the historical kdrama because in the end someone who always had a good heart dies or goes to a bad end. In the finale there is not even a picture of JS in that house, to remember it there is only the speech of his mother in prison, so the pain of the tragedy lasted for everyone until the funeral, which we have not even seen!
I know that life goes on, but when the mother, father and child died I saw the difficulty of moving on, instead with JS I had the feeling that everyone said patience is a shame, as you do when someone dies with whom we have no ties but we are sorry out of courtesy, that a person becomes a simple parenthesis shows how little important it, saddens me.
The author also made it the most important key to concluding his work, but he made him die, for how he built the ending the life or death option looks like the result of a coin toss.:phew:
I won't follow the next drama I got the idea that a lot of people will die in the end if they took a cue from the original.

• Like 6

well it was fun watching this. I'm sad that SJ died, he was the real MVP here but I find it so frustrating whenever I see characters just standing there waiting to get hit by the car, both of them could've avoided getting hit. Meanwhile in True Beauty those 2 guys got hit by a car and they're still alive with minor injuries <_< SJ didn't even look like his parents lmao he actually looked more like Mr. Koo. He ending up liking his own sister reminds me of a plot twist in a Shoujo manga I read many years ago. 

I like the BGM hope they can release the OST for it, like that acoustic guitar music that plays sometimes during YR's scenes. But I see they still didn't release the music for Gracious Revenge & Fatal Promise.. although I saw the music soundtrack for A Place in the Sun & Love to the End got released in 2020 so I still have hope.  

I still don't get the meaning over "in a Veil"? 

Looking forward to the next daily drama Miss Montecristo! 

• Like 8

bwaahahahah... the writer does have sense of humour. yumyung says his next project is "woman in veil". :joy: so even writer and PD agrees that yura was the woman!

and the ending had a montage of behind the scenes -- this one was hilariously priceless! was cracking up on seeing this -- how I wish we had a full scene of fur thug dancing. then we could have had @Ameera Ali do a gif. :joy:

for disco fans everywhere!

• LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla Sweetie, we need a final poll. :partyblob:

I would love to know:

1) Who people hated the most (I vote for the evil screaming lady, but I hear that some people didn't like the writer of this drama :D )

2) The death of Mr. Abs: necessary?

3) Would people watch this drama again :D

4) Which drama trope people liked/hated the most?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

So the show is finally over. Watched the final episode just sometime back and the ending was more or less what I expected I do have a few questions though they aren’t as important in the long run but would still like to hear what your thoughts are in regards to that. But for starters I want to congratulate everyone that was here for this wild and crazy ride. Some of you were life savers as well and equally dedicated your time and services to make this drama far more enjoyable than it actually was.

Now that is out of the way lets move on to the next point.

Spoiler

Am going to start with trying to grade this show. Will be giving it 2.5 Stars out of 5. 3 if I feel in a generous mood. Basically a good watch for the first time round but not worth a second round unless you feel the need to watch a round of comedy but since you know what scenes to avoid you can easily fast forward them. The show as I keep pointing out suffered greatly from lack of character development but the other real issue that I seemed to have with it was that I have probably never seen such useless main leads in a show before. I can understand if perhaps the character is portrayed as a simple and naïve person and that is why the villains are taking advantage of their situation but then I would expect the writer to balance the situation by making them having a decent wingman or woman to back them up and look out for them in someway. Unfortunately over here both the leads were mostly useless. Sure they each had their moments but they were extremely short lived. They were both fizzlers instead of being sizzlers. Some pointed out that Clingy did way more exposing than the two leads combined this says a lot and his sad fate was to die.

This probably brings me up to my first question. Are we a hundred percent certain that he is actually dead. I mean this show has a way of trying to fool us a couple of times but the other characters all managed to cheat death perhaps Clingy fared the same. Just check out the following characters. Tae Poong supposedly fell to his death/drowned. Instead he returns a few years later a super genius and a prosecutor no less. Keen on having his revenge. We all saw how that fared out in the end. The we had Yura’s Ex. He got hit by a car (thankfully not a Truck Of Doom). He survived but required surgery later on since he was going to go blind. Then a few years later he shows up in front of Yura wanting revenge for the death of their son. He ends up falling down the cliff but his Terminator Genes kick in and he manages to survive. Heck even his younger brother survives a major car crash orchestrated by Yura herself. Finally we get Clingy who is supposed to be dead after his accident. How come he didn’t get lucky. Did Yura finally perfect her method of killing people after two tries since Tae Poong was more of her MiL’s doing. So it is a bit hard where to place him. Should Tae Poong be counted as Yura’s Exes that survived. With this track record I wouldn’t be surprised if Clingy shows up alive after a few years surprising all the other characters. It would probably go something like this.

Yu Jung is working in her office when someone knocks on her door and enters when given permission. Turns out it is none other than Clingy himself.

Yu Jung (Drops files in shock): Oppa is that you how can that be?

Clingy (Manages to grab on to her before she falls as well):  How are you I missed you and Hyung a lot.

Yu Jung (Finally noticing him Kimbap Abbs): WoW you have abbs of steel what is your secret.

Just then Tae Poong shows up to ask Yujung out for lunch when he witness this sight. In anger he rushes over to punch the guy who dares to hold his wife like that. But the moment he twirls the guy around and punch him he stops in shock as well.

Tae Poong : Am I dreaming how are you here? We even attended your funeral. It was a great one mind you and a lot of tears were even shed.

Clingy: Give me a hug Hyung it really is me.

Yu Jung: But how?
Clingy: We all got my mother wrong that’s how. When I had my accident Secretary Koo had me transferred to a Secret DL Group Foundation Lab.

Yujung: Wait Secret Group? How can that be. I am running DL Group XYZ and I haven’t come across anything like that so far?
Clingy (Wondering how he could have ever liked this Clueless girl): That is why I said secret because nobody knew about it apart from my mother and Secretary Koo. Anyway as I was saying they helped me not only get better but they improved me. Now I am faster, stronger have way better abbs and all the other bells and whistles to go along with it.

Tae Poong: Just how much did it cost to get you to recover?

Clingy: The same amount you accused my mother of using as a slush fund. You see she had to divert that money so that she could do work for the government. It cost me about six million dollars. (Slaps his forehead as he figures something out). Sorry I meant 6 Billion dollars I forgot to account for inflation and all. Now I don’t need Wi-Fi I am the Wi-Fi. Don’t you think that I am awesome now. Hyung can you also forgive my mother because as you can see everything was such a huge misunderstanding and all.

Tae Poong and Yujung don’t know how to respond so just nod their head in confusion.

Clingy: Oh wait while we are on this topic I want to introduce someone to all of you.

The office door opens and a new character enters.

Clingy: She used to be my rehab nurse back at the foundation but now she is my girlfriend and I wanted you all to introduce yourself to her. My special friends to my one and only.

Yujung: You sure she isn’t a secret sister that you don’t know about. We wouldn’t want a repeat of what happened between us or nearly did.

Clingy: Don’t worry this time the first thing that I did when I realized that she could be the one was take a DNA test to verify this fact. Great news we aren’t even remotely related.

Tae Poong: Well then to congratulate your miraculous return lets go eat something and celebrate.

Clingy: Sure but would you leave me sometime alone in this room. I kind of miss my old office and want to remember some fond memories.

So Tae Poong and Yujung simply walk away leaving him alone with Character X

Character X (When they are alone): Good thing they didn’t ask how Secretary Koo could have you removed and taken to the lab when he was supposedly locked up.

Clingy: That is why I can’t leave the fate of my company in the hands of Dumb and Dumber I need to prove my worth and keep my promised to my mother and take over the company.

Anyway back to the drama itself since none of this is likely to happen at this point. I do wonder what did happen to Yura’s Ex’s brother. He wasn’t there at the trial unless I missed him. Was he probably transported to a distant future because he had survived an attempt on his life thanks to his unique genes to battle an army of clone Yura’s that had taken over said future.

Right as I was saying I feel that at this point we can all agree that all of the parents in this show were extremly terrible some more than others.

Let me start of with AC Chairman he totally ignored his family for almost 30 years. It was near the end when he started to realize this and started to change for the better. Meaning only when Clingy returned from his second trip abroad did he start appreciating what his son was capable of doing and just before he died actually verbally acknowledges him and gives him a well deserved hug. Thus making the passing of his son even more tragic. But what does he do the moment that he discovers the fact that Yujung is the daughter of his first love. Only in a matter of hours he is accepting of her and calls her daughter or lets her call him dad and he doesn’t feel awkward at all. Isn’t that some kind of serious double standard on his part. I can kind of understand why he didn’t open up all that much between his son but that is a matter for another day which probably will never come at this point.

Lady Joo has an equally strange way of expressing her love. If her son wants something she generally makes it happen. Yujung was the exception to this rule but then her motherly instincts probably realized that she was his sister so she was just looking out for her son correct. But other than that she wasn’t shy of abusing her powers when it suited her needs and was for her son. Her son didn’t cut it for the school time so she funds and not only makes another team but makes him captain of it. He likes a girl but can’t sit next to her she makes it so. A kind of terrible parenting technique but after giving it some consideration and trying to think from her perspective I think I figured out what she was going for. She was fully aware that her husband didn’t have any feelings for her and that he might leave her at any moment she was equally scared that her son might do the same as well. He was her only family that we know of and he had promised her that he would never leave her. So to ensure that she gives him everything that he wants. In a manner like training a pet. They know who their master is and if they want something they need to just ask her and please her and they will get what they want as a reward. Thus her son knew that since he wasn’t getting his dads affection and anything from him he should look to his mother etc.. Not the best parenting method but one can’t really blame her if her husband wasn’t doing his parental duties properly. She was probably managing the best that she could. Thankfully her son didn’t turn out like her. He nearly fell to the Dark Side but was saved at the last moment.

Now lets move on to the Hans. A family that a lot of people have complaints against and feel that they weren’t punished and got away scott free. Will be addressing that in a bit. But lets start with the father. He was basically an incompetent person in more ways than one. He got cheated by someone that he knew and even then he couldn’t run his household properly. Probably didn’t even get the respect that he needed. He was more all bark and less bite and due to that he had little to no control in his own house. For instance at one point he threatened his wife that he would divorce her if she didn’t do something or rectify the situation. Did he do that. Nope he was still living with her even after a time skip and all. Also if he had any control over his family he could have forced his wife to reveal where she had left Minwoo and thus Tae Poong wouldn’t have suffered his accident in the first place. Instead his wife stuck to her guns and made sure that Tae Poong wasn’t in their lives anymore before she either revealed his location or Yujung got lucky and found him on her own. I would say that in this case the wife was the boss in that household because even if he knew that someone in his family was wrong he couldn’t flat out tell them to get their act straight. He blamed himself for his families failures. Glad that he atleast realized that but he should have acted on that as well to try and improve himself that was one of his biggest faults.

His wife was no better. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts she was an enabler which allowed the family to continue with their wrong ways and they wouldn’t learn from their mistakes. Though I would say that her character was also a bit inconsistent. Regardless of it all it was actually nice when she had enough of her daughter Yura and her shenigans that she put her foot down and didn’t want anything more to do with her. On top of that her treatment towards her own grandson was equally mystifying. At one point she has him dumped outside an orphanage. I could perhaps understand if she wasn’t related to the child in anyway but this wasn’t the case. Then later on when he grew up she was generally cold towards him and Yujung had to distract him so that his feelings wouldn’t get hurt or something but when he actually went missing or was seriously ill she started to show concern towards him.

While I have more to add on these parents and the others that I haven’t mentioned will leave it at this if I know what is good for my health.

Yujung is another character that I had a few issues with. Apart from her being dense and all I found it equally weird how she easily accepted who her biological parents were and was calling them mom and dad equally easily as well. They also had no issue with any of that. This was a person they barely knew. Well okay Jisook had more time to spend with her as she worked under her and she even would show up at their place to meet Tae Poong. But AC Chairman wouldn’t know her that well since she only started showing up at the weekends to try and impress the family when she was trying to date Clingy and when she was at work etc.. yet he readily accepted her as his daughter and tried to make up for lost time. Perhaps I would have liked him more if he tried to put in the same effort towards his son as well.

Oh and speaking of her biological parents and all brings me to my other weird question of the day. Is AC Chairman finally divorced from his crazy wife aka Lady Joo. Otherwise her mother is going to become his mistress. I mean I get that Lady Joo is safely locked up but who knows what can happen in the future. Perhaps if AC Chairman will ask her for a divorce she may revert back to her normal personality or she is faking it in the first place under orders from her lawyer. Heck in her current state she may claim that since she wasn’t in her right mind her husband took advantage of her and got her divorced so this doesn’t count and whatnot. Again the other members in the family have finally recognized that Lady Joo is short of a few marbles so they have given both of them (AC Chairman and Jisook) their blessing but will that be enough if there is isn’t an actual divorce. Frankly while I understand this pairing and all I was also sort of against it as well. Jisook was happily married at one point and even though her memories have returned she also had her present memories as well. This meant that she remembers her husband as well. Did she not love him enough that she wants to be with AC Chairman again. I mean I would have preferred if she told him that while she had feelings for him she had clearly moved on with her life and had someone else in her heart and it would be sometime before she would be ready to be with someone else. Thus allowing both of them to move on with their lives and be with somebody new if need be. Instead we got the both of them getting back together. Though this was to be expected especially since they had a child between them. Oh well what can I say about that.

Now I have noticed something. Some of you mentioned the fact that the Hans got away scott free. This was to be expected as well and they kind of did get punished as well at the same time. For instance what exactly would they be punished for. Kind of hard to say. Father Han could have been charged with kidnapping baby Yujung. But here is the thing the only one that could charge him with that was Jisook. But he not only apologized for that night since he wasn’t aware of why he was there till it happened. Then when he found the child he could have easily gotten rid of her or ignored her. Instead he sincerely apologized to her for his mistake and he more than made up for it by not only raising her child but by reuniting them as well. If he wanted he could have left her the moment he recognized her and she would have a hard time trying to track him down and all. This probably was why she didn’t charge him with anything.

As for what Yura did and how their family kind of covered it all up is kind of tricky to classify. But basically that is all on Yura not entirely on the parents. She stole all of Tae Poong’s mothers wealth but that was returned to him by the end. His mothers company wouldn’t be included since she sold that of as well as the house they lived in. if he wants any of that he will probably have to fight a long custody battle but that might not be the case since he makes his own money now is already well off.

One can blame them for staying silent when Yura married into DL Group but they could justify that Yura had cut of all ties with them so they had no idea of all the lies that she told that family. They could have easily assumed that DL Group either did their own research on Yura or that she told them of her past and that they were okay with all of that and that is why they accepted her in the first place. When they realized what had happened it was already too late and they didn’t want to cause any further troubles plus what did any of that matter since they had already cut ties with each other. On top of all this the most important factor is that none of them benefited from her marrying into that family. Yura didn’t give them a single dime or open any kind of business for them etc… Further proving that they had cut ties with each other. Yes they could have revealed it all to Clingy but why get involved or ruin a possibly happy marriage. Some might blame Yujung for also staying quiet but at the end of the day she didn’t say anything due to her also having to keep Tae Poong’s secret as well which she would also be forced to reveal at some point. Again she wasn’t all that interested in Clingy so she wasn’t bothered to inform him of the truth and thought that this was a problem that the husband and wife needed to deal on their own.

Now comes the matter of the families punishment. They didn’t get punished physically unless you consider Tae Poong’s revenge against them which he stopped when he realized that there was a minor misunderstanding between them and all. Regardless their punishment is more emotional. Because lets face it their only daughter has probably become the talk of the town. So they can’t easily show their faces to others or their own family as well. Yura is behind bars her trial also didn’t do them any favours since she was not only a public figure but also the former DiL of DL Group so that trial must have been the topic of various news outlets and all (depending on just how big DL Group was in the first place). Not only that  but Yura is also terminally ill and is probably going to die if she doesn’t get a transplant. This will also be on their heads as well. So in a way they are punished by fate and all but it is more emotional and psychological so easy to miss.

Frankly when it comes to the two She Devils I feel like their fate should have been switched considering some of their actions. Yura was clearly the one that seemed more hinged to me so her losing her mind makes more sense to me and since Lady Joo was responsible for having Tae Poong’s mother killed in hospital/jail due to her poor health I would have wanted her to suffer the same fate due to Karma getting to her. But like I said in my last post the way that the writer dealt with Yura and Karma it does make sense in the long run why they went that way.

Speaking of Yura I have to say that her time around Yujung seemed to make her dumb as well. After her hit and run when she is hiding at that motel she thinks that she needs money so that she can escape via plane. Just what happened to her brain cells. Hasn’t she watched enough dramas to know that the best way to escape is via boat. I mean she should be aware that she would have become a person of interest after the last stunt that she pulled that way an APB would have been put out and if she showed up at the airport or a booking agency to purchase a ticket her name would have been flagged and they would have informed the police one way or the other. Such as pretend to stall for time till they arrived or sell her the ticket and let them know. The police would just need to wait for her at the airport and place a few guards at the gate which she would need to enter for her flight and it would have been game over for her.

This brings me to another point someone brought up how she tried to hit Tae Poong with her car. Wasn’t she concerned about CCTV’s and all. At this point she was desperate that her secret wouldn’t be revealed so she probably wasn’t thinking straight. Pluss she figured that she needn’t worry after all Lady Joo promised to have her back so she would take care of these minor details and all. It may have slipped her mind that Lady Joo didn’t have access to Secretary Koo anymore.

This reminds me that I got a name for him as well finally. Since some of these characters are referred to as Disney characters thought that I would name him as one as well. Did notice that people didn’t mention some of them when they might have to change their DP. (by the way exactly is that in the first place. Forgive my ignorance). Anyway the name I came up for him is Goofy since he seemed to be goofing up a lot in these last few episodes or over the years he had either become extremely sloppy or he didn’t consider everything that made him mess up all these important assignments. Speaking of him did we actually see what the letter was for Lady Joo. What were the names for and why mention them if they weren’t going to use them. Really irks me to no end. I guess I would have preferred if it was a confession of his one sided love for her.

Someone asked what our best scene was in the drama. For me I had two. The first one would be the moment when Tae Poong realized that Secretary Koo was the one that removed his mothers mask and thus ended up killing her. Which was probably done under Lady Joo’s orders. His reaction is interesting. I honestly couldn’t tell whether he was laughing at this point or crying. Perhaps he was doing both. Laughing because he finally figured everything out and couldn’t believe it was so simple all along and then crying because his mother passed away so unfairly. Anyway the scene that I enjoyed comes next. In his anger he hurls his laptop across the office. I really hope that the laptop was insured and that he could recover all the data inside it after his little stunt. I kind of speak from personal experience. I was supposed to pack my laptop and head home when it slipped from my hand while still powered on. The result was that my hard drive could damaged and thus I lost all of my data and had to purchase a new computer at this point. To prevent myself from not going through this again I tend to make a backup of all my office files on a separate USB as a precaution.

The second favourite scene for me has to be when Yujung thinks that she is Batwoman. There are protestors outside the company and they are about to hurl eggs and whatnot and Lady Joo. Yujung figures this out at the right moment and uses her coat as a shield. Something that the titular character in the CW show does as well (she uses her cape)

Anyway since it is 1 AM over here I am starting to feel sleeping at this point and can’t seem to concentrate on my post anymore. My bad. So will end it over here for the time being. So till then all of you take care and probably see you in some other thread. Might add something later on if I recall what I wanted to say. So till next time either way.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

On 11/02/2021 at 4:01 PM, Lmangla said:

Thanks to all the witty posters on this thread for being so hilarious!:lol:  I have actually never watched a single episode of this drama but I accidentally started reading the comments at Christmas and enjoyed the humor, snark, mockery and gifs so much that I started regularly reading the posts on this thread.  Thanks for all the laughter these past few months:lol:

• LOL 4

To all my chingu 

@maribella @nohamahamoud2002 @Jillia  @Mocharel @dramaninja @backstreetboysfan @raziela

@partyon @yamiyugi @chococarmela

I chose SJ death was necessary because his death was truly her punishment. 
All though the writer wrote a crappy script, let’s be honest  When a criminal goes to jail for their crime , some criminals don’t regret the crime they commit but regret getting caught.  Lady Joo and Yu Ra  don’t regret what they did. If they can do it again they wouud do it again .  There so many people who do terrible things and they never suffer the consequences of their actions and never regret their choices. 

I appreciate that so much from the writer.  I think maybe this story isn’t about revenge but about THE VEIL PEOPLE WEAR WHEN THEH ARE AROUND PEOPLE. 

Even in Jail Lady Joo still looks good except for the fact she can’t see her son. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

To all my chingu 

@maribella @nohamahamoud2002 @Jillia  @Mocharel @dramaninja @backstreetboysfan @raziela

@partyon @yamiyugi @chococarmela

I chose SJ death was necessary because his death was truly her punishment. 
All though the writer wrote a crappy script, let she honest  When a criminal goes to jail for their crime and  some criminals don’t regret the crime they commit but the fact they were caught.  Lady Joo and Yu Ra  don’t regret what they did. If they can do it again they wouud do it again .  I appreciate that so much from the writer.  I think maybe this story isn’t about revenge but about THE VEIL PEOPLE WEAR WHEN THEH ARE AROUND PEOPLE. 

Even in Jail Lady Joo still looks good except for the fact she can’t see her son. 

I agree that cuckoo Joo would only feel pain if something happens to SJ. Also the idiot writer painted him in a corner. How could he live happily with sister YJ & her hubby TP! Just the thought of that would have him checking into the room YR vacated in the mental asylum.

it reminds me of another show I watched. A woman divorces her adulterous husband. Starts a relationship with a very nice guy. Meanwhile hubby learns his lesson & truly repents.  Who does she choose in the end? Before she could make a choice, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Ex & new love end up the best of buds! What a waste of time! I really hate it when writers box themselves in & choose the easy way out. 

having said that, I don’t really regret SJ’s dying. He came across 99% of the time as a spoilt, petulant child. Towards the end, it was tiresome to watch him trying to defend & protect his evil Mom. He spared little thought for those his Mom hurt. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, fanofr said:

it reminds me of another show I watched. A woman divorces her adulterous husband. Starts a relationship with a very nice guy. Meanwhile hubby learns his lesson & truly repents.  Who does she choose in the end? Before she could make a choice, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Ex & new love end up the best of buds! What a waste of time! I really hate it when writers box themselves in & choose the easy way out. 

Hi @fanofr  What is the title of this drama please ?

• Like 2

I think it's safe to say that this writer, director, and this drama is on my never again list. There's no sugarcoating it, because it was horrible from episode 20 going forward. I don't care. Villians getting their desserts on the last episode does nothing justify the complete incompetent writing and directing of this drama. If this was billed as a comedy, maybe I would change my mind.

• Like 5
  • Love 2