[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

13 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

TP and YJ are each others first love. They are innocent in my opinion. I really liked them together. :)

Sorry for the other members disappointment lol.

let's shift to the next one :D

Oh no what is this one going to be now? I really hope if it's another revenge one then they have smarter characters not like TP. Also, YR's character was smart but she was screaming way too much, how has she not lost her voice? Oh wait in one of the episodes she did.

Also, would like to add that it was unnecessary to kill Mr. Abs SJ, he is the only character that deserved happy ending in this whole drama. But hey it's The Man in the Veil after all  

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Gretule said:

Oh no what is this one going to be now? I really hope if it's another revenge one then they have smarter characters not like TP. Also, YR's character was smart but she was screaming way too much, how has she not lost her voice? Oh wait in one of the episodes she did.

It is revenge drama. But I expect there is more screaming in this one :D

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

It is revenge drama. But I expect there is more screaming in this one :D

Just watched the short trailers and yup we have more characters like YR! I really hope they have taken some inspiration from The Penthouse and not The Man in the Veil, I am actually surprised TP was able to get revenge when he did absolutely nothing only whined and told all his plans beforehand. Also, remembering one of the episodes where he gave YR the USB he literally could've made copies and hid it in a safe, how would he have known? But yeah this writer was an absolute mess!

Got higher hopes for this although we can probably expect amnesia plot, baby switch, someone getting drugged, another person disappearing and reappearing years later, near death, fake death, identity switch, etc.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Finally we have just one more episode remaining. Will the villains finally face the justice that they deserve or will we be cheated of even that. As of now I still feel that this show suffered greatly from any major lack of character development to the end, inconsistencies to the story and character themselves as well as perhaps some unfair treatment to some of the characters as well. Will try and get into all of those things if given time.

So let’s see what we have so far.

Spoiler

Clingy probably dying an unnecessary death. Was he a stalker to the bitter end or was that more of a harsh assessment on his last dying moment. Could his death also have either been avoided or handled in a better way. Most definitely. Another thing that I would have liked is if he ended up at the police station for a different reason. I certainly feel that my scenario would have had more logic than what the writer ended up giving us.

For instance I figured out that he was there to actually turn his mother in for her crimes instead of wanting to play the hero. From an earlier scene we see that he is packing but is short of one suitcase. To which his aunt informs him that there should be one in the store room (probably the one that she used when she tried to leave home). Over there he also discovers Ji Sook’s dead husbands phone but instead of leaving it behind like his aunt did he actually powers it up. (This being a drama and all he doesn’t even need to charge it as there would be no power/battery drain since it has been powered down all this time  . I mean look at the loyal secretary in Bad Love he kept the female leads twin sisters phone in one of his drawer and occasionally powered it on to check up something with similar results. Though the time skip in both these dramas is different but this is more of a standard trope so will have to let it go). Anyway as I was saying he discovers why his mother or anyone in that house would have said phone. As he slowly goes over the data in the phone he realizes just what his mother has done. He then decides the only way to stop her from comiting any more crimes is if she pays for them. So he decides to turn her in. Just when he is near the station he notices the speeding car heading towards Tae Poong so he decides to be a hero one last time and saves him. See much more believable than what we got.

Over here we had him overhear his mothers conversation with Yura. He then decides to follow Yura (so I guess he wasn’t stalking Tae Poong my bad) and saves the day. But here is where it doesn’t make a lot of sense. How exactly was he following Yura since he had no idea where Tae Poong was (another mistake on his part). As a human we know that he couldn’t follow her on foot. This would mean that he was also in his car. If that was the case he should have used that to intercept Yura even if that meant getting involved in a car accident. Perhaps he would have had a higher chance of survival at this point. If we wanted to go for more laughs at the irony of fate and all we could make it that the accident now decides to give him the intelligence of a seven year old or he loses all of his memory.

The other issue that I have with him discovering their plan was him instantly following Yura out and not taking precautions such as contacting Tae Poong and warning him that his life was in danger from their Ex or the She Devils /his family or whatever one wants to call them at this point. Tae Poong then could have easily taken more precautions at this point thus Clingy’s death was totally unnecessary at this point. Further more we could have another outcome as well. Once he got in that accident perhaps they could have made him seriously injured to the point that Tae Poong and Yujung would feel guilty that they decide to look after him till he recovers or something even after their marriage. Perhaps Clingy might find love with his nurse who will turn out to be some long lost daughter of a rich family as well. But then we might need another 50 episodes to resolve that storyline or we could use it as a sequel or spin of drama. Not that I would be for that ride. This one was enough for a time being.

Now lets move on to Yura who as I mentioned last time needs to have her sanity checked. She might just end up with part of the Karma that she deserves. She accused her MiL of commiting a Hit and Run when she was innocent. Fate has now made her the actual perpetrator of the same crime. The second one is a bit hard to say where it comes from. From her sudden bleeding nose that came out of the blue and the fact that she injured her hand without even realizing it and her mother noticing it. Makes me suspect that she is seriously ill. Probably Fate giving her a double dose of whammy. Both her MiL was ill when she was in jail and later on her son who she kind of killed. So now she must go through the same things as well. Will she get the easy way out and die in jail or will someone show up at the last moment and spare her life. Probably Yujung just for further laughs. People might not get that but her being alive and in torment is a far more better fate than her dying in pain since she is just getting her dose of Karma.

This brings me up to the point that people accuse her of the murder of her son. Am probably in the minority who doesn’t think that. Sure she fled that day but she probably didn’t know just how serious his case actually was. Part of it was clearly Clingy’s bad timing and all. Either way she was certainly planning on returning to the hospital the next day when the coast would be clear and keep her end of the bargain. Unfortunately for her, her son could not wait that long and passed away. Frankly I still believe that she could have avoided this entire fiasco if she had played it smart back then. Clingy was busy convincing his family that they needed to get tested as well as the workers at their company. At this point she should have agreed to get tested as well. Perhaps pretending to get angry at the last moment or something when she discovers who the kid was or agreeing to do it on the condition that Clingy doesn’t see Yujung anymore if we wanted her to stay in character or simply pretend to be a kind woman who couldn’t see another kid suffering and earn some brownie points along the way. This way she could have still maintained her secret and all.

Remember when I mentioned drama inconsistencies well I feel Yura’s marriage into DL Group should be considered as well. Her first marriage to Tae Poong two guests couldn’t show up namely Lady Joo and Jisook yet their husbands did show up and apologized for their absence. One would say that Lady Joo wasn’t their thus she wouldn’t know who Yura was due to that consider her as a possible DiL. But since her husband was at that wedding he should have recognized Yura as the bride that was left at the altar. The again he probably attends a lot of weddings like that so she may not have been so memorable to him even though her husband had run of with her sister back then. Frankly at this point I feel that both wives should have showed up at the wedding. Once Lady Joo realized this she would try to get her husband out of that wedding hall instead of letting him bump into Jisook and thus both of them wouldn’t see Yura at all. Then again it is also possible that the Chairman was just there to pass his congratulations to the parents and moved on to his next appointment so he also had never seen Yura before.

Speaking of Yura how long do you all think that she is going to stay locked up. Will there be a time skip when she will be finally released and all. Not that it matters because her career his already over. No station is going to be willing to accept her as an anchor otherwise they would face a major backlash from the public. This was probably the only job that she was actually good at apart from plotting and scheming. At best she can be a radio host where she doesn’t have to show her face to the public anymore. They might therefore think that she is somebody else with the same name as the infamous anchor. Otherwise her family has to take care of her not sure that they want to do anything with her at this point though. She might as well spend her remaining days with her MiL as cellmates. I can recall two dramas with that kind of ending. Won’t be doing a spoiler for which dramas but know that atleast is possible at this point.

Secretary Koo taking the fall for Lady Joo doesn’t come as a surprise to me atleast. His motivations are still unknown. Either he has a serious one sided crush on her or her grandfather did something major for him or his family that he shows such devotion and loyalty towards her. But as of now I want to point out that he can probably get away with most of his claims. In the picture that was taken only he was there handing over the bribe money/accepting it from the other guy, walking out of Tae Poong’s mothers ward after removing her respirator or even the attempt on Jisook’s life. For the first two he could easily claim that he was doing it all on his own accord and Lady Joo had no idea of his actions and once he discovered that Tae Poong’s mother discovered his actions he decided to kill her to cover his tracks. At best Lady Joo would be charged for being incompetent and be made to pay her fine and cover the damages that he caused/pay back the people that had gotten wronged by his actions. The attempt on Jisook’s life would be a bit more tricky to get away with but he could claim that he had feelings for Lady Joo and couldn’t see her in pain like that so he decided to take matters into his own hands. Remember only his DNA was found on the beads even Yura’s dad could only admit that only the two of them were there that night. Lady Joo was nowhere in sight so he can easily take care of most of the blame at this point and she can walk away free from some her accusations. For instance the attempt on Jisook at the construction site might be a bit tricky since there would be evidence of the paint on her coat and the site itself which could be used as comparison. Unless the got rid of it by now. So she would have a harder time getting out of that one in particular. Secretary Koo might argue that he was at it again but she found out about it and was there trying to stop him from doing something drastic but people might find that a bit hard to believe. She does have other things that she might not be able to walk out easily such as the recording that Clingy took of her conversation with Yura. Also depends on just how much he overheard and recorded.

On a side note I just wanted to point out a few things in regards to the final trial. Tae Poong is going to be the prosecutor and Detective Uncle was part of the investigation team. If I was hired as Lady Joo’s defense lawyer the first thing that I would actually try to do is get those two dismissed from the case. This is what we would clearly call a conflict of interest, would also try and point out that due to some misunderstandings these two people would be holding a grudge against Lady Joo so all of the evidence should be suspect or that they tampered with it to make her look guilty. This means that those two need to work extra hard which includes their evidence so that this statement is proven wrong and she can’t get out of this. Speaking of Tae Poong retaining his licensee is hilarious all that he needed to do was have his name changed to his actual name because he had passed the exam. I remember in Unknown Woman where the female lead had more of a mix and match as the story needed. She probably started with a potential of becoming an artist before being sent to jail. Over there she then tried to take the legal exam but was unable to do so. She then escapes jail and takes on her foster mothers dead daughters identity and passes the exam in one go. Then her identity gets exposed so she is sent back to jail to complete her sentence and her license is revoked. She then becomes a fashion designer. But Tae Poong frankly gets it easy since he can go back to being a prosecutor and see that justice is done for his mother and send Lady Joo packing behind bars.

I will be adding a bit more in a bit. Guests have shown up so need to attend to them. Till take care all of you. Anyone know what the next drama is. Might give it a shot. Hopefully the final will be subbed by the time I get free so will try and comment then.

PS what we can't use emojis anymore?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

Hold on there's two more episodes? I just looked on https://asianwiki.com/Man_in_a_Veil apparently it ends at episode 107? Is this true? I am so confused

3 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Man in a veil  - YR kept marrying everyone wearing veil :D

That's so true! TP was officially announced dead, SJ is dead and even her baby daddy. I think she has a widow curse :joy:

• Shocked 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Congratulations everyone for reaching the finale!! 

It's actually a challenge. :joy:

58 minutes ago, Gretule said:

Hold on there's two more episodes?

Nah, Asianwiki is sometimes inaccurate. I think they'll update it sooner or later. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Hi-five @nohamahamoud2002 I'm with you. The most innocent is TP & YJ and they are each others first love. I thought it was sweet. Overly simple YJ may be but you have to be pretty resilient to endure the unfair treatment by Han mama and not turn into a Han Yu Ra:lol: Also props to her for finding that baby, (not hers) and raising him with love as her own.  Also I'll say it again...I don't need a passionate kiss during pandemic times. I have a great imagination. TP and YJ are the only couple that even shared a kiss. Sweet and tender was good enough for me. Funny enough if every couple had been slobbering all over one another people would have been outraged. I'm new to this but I just assumed the dailies were tamer. Bye all it was fun sharing a few laughs. Fun fact I am a sucker for these Korean Drama OST's:crymeme:

• Like 5
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

Here is the translation of the final scene of the final episode. (I'll be posting the full TV ratings for all the episodes, so I'll probably make another post later today.)

I also post the farewell messages under that. I'll post more farewell messages/interviews later if there is more, but this is what I could find so far. I put each of their answers  under the spoiler tag since some did longer interviews, not just post a farewell message. (Also the translations in the interviews are loosely translated through Google Translate, but I summarized to make it easier to understand.)

Ending Scene of Episode 105 (Final)

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At the Cha family house-
ST: Chairman Cha. No. Woo Seok, I want... to marry Mi Ri. Please approve it.
MR: Oppa, you'll approve our marriage, right? I can't live without Sang Tae.
CWS: Why would I be against it? Of course, I approve it.
SJS: Congratulations. You two look so good together.
MR: What are you two going to do now? Woo Seok must be so lonely when I get married. Unni, you will be with Woo Seok, right? You took a long way for 30 years before you two met again. I really hope you two are happy.
SJS: Thank you.
CWS: By the way, where is Yu Jung?
SJS: She's at the ossuary.
-At the ossuary-
YJ: Oppa.
TP: What are you looking at?
YJ: The photo of Mrs. Lee. Now that I see it, she looks happy.
TP: Really? She looks the same. Everything seems happy now that you're happy, doesn't it?
YJ: Is that why?
TP: Mom, I'm sorry it took so long to clear your name. Now it's all over, so rest in peace. Don't worry about me.
YJ: He's right, Mrs. Lee. I'll be by Tae Poong's side from now on, so you can rest in peace.
-TP & YJ walking outside-
TP: How nice.
YJ: How are you feeling? If you're cold, we can go somewhere inside.
TP: It's okay. Yu Jung, this moment feels like a dream and a miracle to me. The most precious miracle that happened to me is... you. You made me realize every relationship is a miracle... and you're the most precious person to me.
(TP gets down on one knee and takes out a ring)
TP: Han Yu Jung, will you marry me?
YJ: It was a miracle that I met you.
TP: I love you.
YJ: I love you, too.
Text: Thank you for watching "A Man in a Veil."

Other scenes from the episode (with translations):

Spoiler

Episode 105 - SJ's Final Scene

(While TP is explaining in court how SJ found everything out, flashback to SJ)
SJ: Where's my suitcase?
(SJ finds SH's old phone)
SJ: What's this?
(SJ hears the recording of SH being killed on the phone)
SJ: How could Mom have done such a thing?
(SJ calls the police)
Police: This is the police department. Hello? Please speak.
(SJ is unable to say anything and cries silently)

TP: Your Honor. When Mr. Cha gave me this exhibit, he also gave me a letter. May I read that letter here?
Judge: Yes, I'll allow it.
Letter from SJ: I finally know the whole truth. I'm sorry I figured it out too late. My mom has done unforgivable things to your mother. I had no idea, and I spoke ill of your mother. Hyung. I'm truly sorry. Also, I know I should be ashamed... but I have one last request to ask you. Though I've found out about my mother's secret, I just couldn't report her to the police myself. Please reveal her wrongdoings for me. I should be asking you for this favor in person, but I don't have the courage to face you yet. I'm sorry. Please understand. Hyung, please have my mom pay for her sins. I will also... spend the rest of my life apologizing to those who have suffered because of her. That's... the duty of Cha Seo Jun, the son of Ju Hwa Yeon the murderer.
Man in the back: So the mother ended up killing her own son.
(Everyone is crying)

Episode 105 - JHY & YR Get Sentenced

TP: Defendant. How would you think... a son would have felt when he realized... his mother's a murderer?
JHY: No. There's no way he would have known.
TP: Cha Seo Jun... knew about everything you've done. About Kang Sang Hyeon, and Lee Kyung Hye. And he knew that you were now trying to kill me. That's why he came to me, to stop that! Seo Jun died trying to stop... your third murder! So how long are you going to try and get out of this?
(JHY screams and YJ cries)
JHY: Seo Jun. Seo Jun. Seo Jun...
TP: Your Honor, Ju Hwa Yeon, the defendant, murdered Kang Sang Hyeon and accused Lee Kyung Hye unjustly. Not only did she put the blame on the innocent Ms. Lee, but she also ordered to kill her. But she doesn't even have remorse. Then she denied her crimes and played innocent. She also committed even more crimes to cover up her previous crimes. Han Yu Ra, the defendant, made a false statement to turn an innocent victim into the perpetrator. She fabricated Ms. Lee's will, extorted her money, and fled. Moreover, she was afraid of her crimes being exposed, so she attempted to murder Choi Jun Seok and Lee Tae Poong. In that process, innocent Cha Seo Jun... met his death. Hence, I demand 30 years of prison labor for Han Yu Ra... and life imprisonment for Ju Hwa Yeon.
YR: No! I'm innocent. This is unfair! I'm innocent!

Episode 105 - After the trial ended

-At the courthouse-
YR's Dad: Yes, this is better for everyone. Yu Ra has to pay for her deeds as well.
YR's Uncle: Right, Sook Ja. You should go get some rest. Let's go.
YR's Dad: Let's go.
CWS: I'm sorry, Ji Sook. I'll spend the rest of my life expiating my sins too.
JS: It's not for you to apologize for. I'm glad the truth was revealed since Sang Hyeon won't suffer the unfairness on his way up.
KYJ: Uncle, you did a good job.
MR: She's right. It must've been rough for you. I'll repent on behalf of Hwa Yeon.
ST: Mi Ri, don't think that way. You don't have to do that.
YJ: Dad.
CWS: Yes, Yu Jung. Prosecutor Lee, good work.
TP: No problem.
YJ: Are you going to the office? It must've been a long day. Why don't you rest today?
CWS: I'm okay. You're all going home, right? I'll drop you off on the way, so let's go.
(TP's head hurts and he faints)
Man: Are you okay?
YJ: Oppa! Oppa, are you okay? Oppa! Oppa.
-At the hospital-
YJ: Oppa, wake up. Oppa!
JS: Yu Jung.
YJ: What do I do, Mom? What do I do about Tae Poong?
JS: It's going to be okay. Tae Poong will be okay.
(The surgery begins, and TP has a dream)
MW: Dad. Dad. Dad, are you happy to be with me?
TP: Of course, I am.
MW: How much?
TP: To the moon and back. What about you, Min Woo? Are you happy to be with me?
MW: Yes. I'm so happy to be with you. I hope you can stay with me.
TP: I hope I can stay with you too.
YJ: What are you two doing? I'm jealous.
MW: I love Dad. I love him the most in the world. I will never leave his side.
TP: I will never leave your side either. Hang out with me only, not with your mother.

(TP cries)
Nurse: Doctor, his vitals are dropping.
Doctor: Prepare to give CPR.
Nurses: Yes, doctor.
-Right outside the operating room-
JS: Why does it take so long?
(The doctor walks out)
CWS: Doctor, how is he?
YJ: Is my oppa okay? Doctor, he's okay, right?

Episode 105 - YR & JHY's Final Scene

-At the hospital-
(YR left prison temporarily to get chemotherapy at the hospital. YR's hair is starting to fall out)
Doctor: Ms. Han Yu Ra, is everything okay?
YR: Doctor, what about my bone marrow? Did you find a match?
Doctor: No. Be more patient.
YR: I must survive anyhow! How long should I wait? Doctor, I must survive. Find a match by any means! Bring me a match anyhow! Bring me one!
Doctor: Calm down, Ms. Han.
YR: Find a match!
Doctor: You can't behave this way.
Police: Calm down.
Doctor: Calm yourself down.
YR: Let go of me!
Doctor: This is not good for your health.
YR: I must live! I'm not going to die!
Police: Calm down.
-CWS visits JHY in jail-
CWS: How are you? Tell me if you need anything.
JHY: I should go grocery shopping. Seo Jun goes on a field trip tomorrow. He must be so excited about his first field trip. I should make a good gimbap for him. Honey, let's go to the market. Honey, get me out of here. Seo Jun has never been apart from me for this long. What is he doing? Isn't he crying looking for me? How is he?
CWS: He's doing well. So you should eat well... and take care of your health.

fwhtrH8.jpeg

Farewell Messages & Interviews from the Cast (English Translations):
Kang Eun Tak (Lee Tae Poong / Yoo Min Hyuk):

Spoiler

lTDhwbM.jpg

Q. "Man in a Veil," which has aired for more than half a year, ended with a viewer rating of up to 21%. How do you feel about the end of the show?
It's been a few days since the last shooting, but it still hasn't hit me yet. I think I got an unforgettable piece of work in my acting life because I received too much love. Thank you to the directors, writers, actors, and staff for your hard work. I think there will be quite a long lingering feeling for a while.

Q. Did you pay special attention to the role of Lee Tae Poong?
I've never seen a character like this before, so I studied a lot. For example, I made various tones and erased them one-by-one to make the best tone with Tae Poong. The most important part was that I acted to the people who actually suffered from Savant Syndrome and their families, hoping that Tae Poong would be seen as a lovely and beloved person, not a sad and pitiful person. I hoped that my acting would never hurt those that do have Savant Syndrome.

Q. Through "Man in a Veil," you won the 2020 KBS Drama Award for Excellence in the Daily Drama category.
It's all thanks to the staff, actors, seniors, directors, and writers. I still have a lot to improve as an actor, but I will try to become an actor who continues to develop.

Q. What does 'Man in a Veil' mean to Kang Eun Tak?
Especially on the set of the drama "Man in a Veil," the teamwork and atmosphere of the staff and the actors were so good that this drama was a miracle and a gift for me every moment. Every moment was a new experience and something I'm thankful for. I think it will be remembered for a long time.

Q. Are there any characters you want to challenge in the future?
I think there is always a longing for a role that an actor can't always play. I also have many roles that I want to challenge in the future. In particular, I would like to challenge the creepy villain or even an innocent character role.

Q. Lastly, please say something to the viewers who loved "Man in A Veil."
Thank you for watching and supporting "Man in A Veil". I received an unexpected overflowing amount of love. I will try to be Kang Eun Tak, an actor who does his best with sincerity and humility, so that the love and attention I received are not wasted. Thank you so much for being with us for more than half a year.

Source: https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/02/10/L2C2MJ3OC7WANJNUS36C2A7L4Q/

Lee Chae Young (Han Yu Ra):

Spoiler

uTuKg4D.jpg

"I am very sad that it's about to end. I didn't feel this way with my other projects, but it felt very strange to know that this work was ending. I've been shooting for about eight months, but it hasn't hit me yet. I think it will be an unforgettable work because I received so much love. I couldn't believe that we were already shooting the last scene. I think I should let her go. I'm very sad. Goodbye, Han Yu Ra. I hope it remains in many people's memories.

It was because of child Min Woo (Seo Woo Jin) that I faltered in the middle. It's okay if the target of acting is an adult, but it was mentally difficult to do something wrong to a child because I'm a human being. In fact, the script came out stronger. I asked the director for his understanding and handled it with the emotional lines I could do.

I've played the villain among half of the works I've starred in so far. Even the reaction was fun and good. I don't think playing a villain is necessarily a bad thing. I think there are good things about it.

I don't think I've ever shown a love line or a romantic performance. I think I've only shown a strong image. I do want to act in a melodrama in the future.

I know that I love my role, and if I do my best, even a villain will be loved. An actor's role is important, but I have learned whether they are loved or not depends on what mindset they have. Compared to Yu Ra, we're both honest and straightforward parts. Though, the way I live in the world is completely different than her If I live like Yura, I would be in a prison somewhere. Yura's actions were ridiculous, but I thought of her as a person who lives for survival with a desperate heart.

I have been friends with Eru (Choi Jun Seok) for 17 years. So, it was so cool to meet him as the co-actor in a long time and I was able to act comfortably without feeling awkward. Kang Eun Tak (Lee Tae Poong) takes good care of the staff and has a good personality. I can see why (younger) actors especially follow him.

I fell in love with Kim Hee Jung (Ju Hwa Yeon) through this drama. She's amazing. She also gave me a lot of advice and I received a lot of emotional help even when there was a difficult part in acting. I think I was especially leaning on her. There were many scenes where I screamed at my seniors and confronted them, but if we didn't like each other, I wouldn't have been able to do so comfortably. If I play a villain again, I want to play a villain that's different from the previous villains I've acted as."

Sources: https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021020811112255195&type=3
https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202102081008512510

Uhm Hyun Kyung (Han Yu Jung):

Spoiler

34Rs12d.jpg

"My staff who have been with me for 7 months♥

The silent and reliable manager, Ho Chan. Mad unni, the eldest sister who is girlish and caring. My team's vitality, the cutie, the youngest, Seoyoung. Jihyun, the stylist who silently accepts us even if we play around and make fun! And Mr. Makeup, who has been with us for nearly 20 years. Hana, the hair director who always stayed bright with me even in the early morning! Yuju, the sensuous stylist, who had a lot of trouble making more than 200 outfits in this drama! Thanks to that, Han Yu Jung was born! It was really the strongest team and I will never forget! Everyone worked hard and worked hard. Thank you ♥"

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKxvcAJHmFy/

Lee Si Kang (Cha Seo Jun):

Spoiler

zf3CkZY.jpg

"I wish everyone would be happy. Seo Jun will be happy with that ^^
#IAlmostDiedBecauseItWasCold"

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLEcaWfhIf9/

Jang Tae Hoon (Han Yu Myung):

Spoiler

wPTbp6q.jpg

"I think I've been blessed with a lot of luck. 'Man in a Veil' is my first TV drama debut; it's a unique and affectionate work. Director Shin Chang Seok, the many staff members, and respected seniors took care of me so that I could adapt well, so I felt and learned a lot as an actor and a person for 7 months. As it was the first time, there is a lot to improve. In the future, I will renovate myself and show you a better appearance and further acting. Thank you to the viewers who have sent us a lot of love."

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLGnMXEsjyp/

Lee Il Hwa (Yoon Su Hee / Seo Ji Sook):

Spoiler

WNFfNwe.jpg

"The warm director who thinks of people first, the writer, the staff who worked hard to make a good drama, and the many senior and junior actors all worked hard. It seems to be more meaningful because it has been made with one heart. The drama is over, but I want to continue to have good relationships in the future with the cast. Thank you to everyone who loved 'Man in a Veil' and Yoon Su Hee."

Source: https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021021088404

Chae Bin (Kang Ye Jin):

Spoiler

QSv7rRN.jpg

"I've been with 'Man in a Veil' since last summer, but I'm sad that the filming is over. I was so happy and grateful to see everyone every weekday. I will come back with another project in the future, so please look forward to it."

Sources: https://www.donga.com/news/Entertainment/article/all/20210210/105368160/1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLF09uFhJ6b/

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Blob 9

Good ending as with any daily it could have been so much worse and unsatisfying. I call this a win and it goes on my keep list. Some maybe frustrated at what this writer did and some may have wanted a bit more suffering for our three criminals, but in the end they both got the karma they deserved. YR ended up with either the same disease as her son or close to it and needed a donor with no real hope in sight of getting one. Slowly loosing her mind that she is on a death sentence.  This balances out her running away and leaving her son to die when he needed her marrow so badly to live. Joo ended up having to learn that right before her son died he learned all of her crimes were true and to hear her plotting to once again kill again. He paid with his life to stop her crimes in the end. Now she is in jail for life and she has totally lost her sense of reality and thinks SJ is a child waiting for her at home. The torment of knowing that at the end of his life he learned the truth of his mother and she is the cause of his death has driven her around the bend. This is also why she could not fight anymore in court and lie after hearing who provided the evidence. She now has to live with the fact that her actions killed her son and no one else is responsible. Joo had many chances to turn around and confess , show remorse and listen to her son but she refused. Her actions were never about SJ but her own pride, greed, jealousy and obsession.  Her son is gone due to her own hands after he begged her and begged her to turn herself in to pay for her crimes and come out to be with him and live well. So it may not be physical punishment in hard labor but it is mental punishment for her and YR. 

I hated to see SJ die as I wanted him to go away come back after a time jump and see him be able to have a good relationship with his sister, his hyung and his father. Unfortunately he had to become cannon fodder because of his mother. (a death for so many deaths she caused)The woman had to loose something to wake her up and realize she lost something precious because of her crazy and obsessed behavior. I doubt she is sorry but she will live in turmoil for the rest of her days with her son gone by her hands.  

As for minion Koo well he was just an idiot who was too loyal to someone who was so evil and obsessed. He gave up his life to help this woman out of a misguided sense of loyalty and I can only think that is because her father took him in when he first came to the city. Imagine if they had been good how awesome that would have been but instead he helped her do so much wrong and is willing to go to jail for her crimes as well as his own. Now all of it was for nothing as she still went to jail and is slowly loosing her mind with the death of her son. 

The proposal and kiss at the end was actually fitting for our two leads (considering we are in the mist of a pandemic) as they always had that innocent quality to their love that was sweet. We know that they will go on to marry in our imaginations and live well with one another after so much turmoil to get to this point. 

I applaud any actor and crew that is willing to shoot any form of entertainment at this point with so many risk out there and no one to be able to tell us how the virus is transmitted with out a shadow of a doubt or a real cure even with these rush vaccines.  I am sure they are having to leave their families to shoot these drama's and movies on any continent and they are so brave and dedicated to be able to continue to give us content when things are so crazy now. 

It was fun to take this daily journey with you and I hope to see you all  in the next thread for a new daily soon. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 2