[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

20 hours ago, chococarmela said:

They should make YR the FL because I hate how spineless and pathetic YJ is.

I know right! YJ is so one-dimensional, I don't feel emotionaly attached to the character compared to YR. They could've writen YR as the protag, who lied about the baby's father for a good reason, as she abondons her "caring" (aka toxic) family. Am i the only one who felt satisfied when YR faked the DNA test? Is it because the driver was unlikeable?

Also, how the hell did YJ accept the fact that YR and TP had a baby so fast? Like she was congratulating her after giving birth and she went to the library with TP? Wut??????? 

So, the A/C chairman son is basically the substitute for TP,  interesting. I kinda hoped he was the ML though. But I thought of something, in the preview:

Screenshot-20200923-203533.pngSo, is he going to be evil in later episodes? Please don't...

Ngl, the relationships with the amnesiac lady and the A/C chairman really reminded me of FP, the relationships between the two couples are nearly the same. The writers must have ran out of ideas. 

• Like 4

what is a/c wife so worried about? does she think a/c chairman and restaurant lady will re-start a romance after 26 years? :sweatingbullets: restaurant lady is happily married and is quite content with her life. if anyone is miserable, it is a/c wife. apparently, everyone knows all is not well at home as the ladies at the golf outing were snickering. @shana0127 ~ a/c chairman looked good and had great form also when golfing! :D ...

the assistant of a/c wife is obviously not good at his job. restaurant man quickly caught on that he was being followed. does anyone know if he was also a cop like his brother/brother-in-law.. does anyone know how those men at the restaurant are related? and was the assistant trying to kill restaurant lady or just scare her? was it an accident? 

yura seems really worried that tae poong only has one building in his name.... not rich enough for her taste eh? so what will she do to become adequately rich? she also seems to be tiring of tae poong. at what point will she lose her temper and start treating him badly?

• Like 4

nohamahamoud2002 Sorry I don't know how to repost your comment. But I agree Yura is despicable which is why I liked the babies real uncle making her sweat.  He should have gotten money for his brothers care to be rehabilitated telling her he won't bother her unless she harms his nephew.

• Like 4

@GingerK Use (quote) down left :)

I hope Yura never gets redeemed. She is pure evil. I don't sympathise with her. There are many poor people out there who work hard. It is not an excuse that the rich girl took her job as a DJ announcer. There are many different jobs to choose from. She is just greedy and malicious.

• Like 5

People are so stupid. T

Spoiler

hat soup owner should know he is pushing Hwayeon into a corner by demanding to see her husband and barging into her house like a jackass. So yes, she will use all sorts of dirty tricks, especially since apparently trespass law doesn’t seem to apply to private homes in SK like they do to company buildings. 

Spoiler

And now that he knows she is married to a man madly in love with his wife, why would he want them meeting anyway? RickRoll'D.

Spoiler

Taepoong’s mom should know she can’t hide dying from cancer, nor skip on due diligence with building materials and building companies.

Yu Ra should get her child registered as Taepoong’s because it’s no good being that other fellows anyway. And Taepoong still has a building in his name.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2020 at 8:51 PM, shana0127 said:

Cold Chairman is handsome and cool . He is no less then ML. That golf scene was cool. At least they showed somebody golfing rather then just keeping that kit for show as in FP.

What’s  wrong with me ?  After FP I suddenly have started liking older leads. 

Does that happen once you start watching family dramas so much !!!!

No, it does not do it to me. It must be that stiff

hair that reminds you of FP. :rolleyes: 

I have just finished watching Flower of Evil, always wonder how some men can be so pretty. But they showed a lot of hands and LJG's hands are only just a tad better than TI's. He is too thin, it shows in his hands. 
There's a woman in the last episode who seems to be playing a stereotypical housewife Soo Jin(?). She is the evil woman antagonist in 'lie after lie'. How is she filming two dramas? 

TP is still 7 years old. Leaving for now. :elated:

• Like 3

for someone desperate to get into the family, yura still hasn't registered her marriage or got the birth certificate. is she weighing her options to see if the family is rich enough and worth handling tae poong? a/c wife seems like another yura -- kind on the outside but acting more and more suspicious. umm, they had a relationship so man years ago. is a/c chairman really going to start chasing her now? what exactly does she think will happen? and restaurant ajusshi is a bit too pushy. will he end up getting harmed? and as for secretary kim, why does he even take orders to do funny stuff? always wonder that about daily dramas -- where do they get such loyal assistants who take utter nonsense from their boss who don't even treat them with respect and just bark orders? hmmm.....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

for someone desperate to get into the family, yura still hasn't registered her marriage or got the birth certificate. is she weighing her options to see if the family is rich enough and worth handling tae poong? a/c wife seems like another yura -- kind on the outside but acting more and more suspicious. umm, they had a relationship so man years ago. is a/c chairman really going to start chasing her now? what exactly does she think will happen? and restaurant ajusshi is a bit too pushy. will he end up getting harmed? and as for secretary kim, why does he even take orders to do funny stuff? always wonder that about daily dramas -- where do they get such loyal assistants who take utter nonsense from their boss who don't even treat them with respect and just bark orders? hmmm.....

I am just reading the forum so have watched very little. So I don't know the secondary storylines, but the main storyline is quite inane. A greedy unscrupulous woman, and a brain damaged ML. The FL has not been doing anything much except sells kimbab?

There are too many questions, and this does not augur well for the storyline. I am going to keep an arms length :lol: for now. Hope it gets better.

edit: Does TP have a father somewhere?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, maribella said:

edit: Does TP have a father somewhere?

no father, he is dead.

looking at the preview ep 16 and we have abs yet again! hahahahahha....

am a little confused by all this abs without angst. isn't it the dramaland rule that we see abs when the men are in angst? here, seo jun keeps showing off his abs when he wakes up and is hungry for kimbap. what is this kimbap abs for?! :joy:

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

no father, he is dead.

am a little confused by all this abs without angst. isn't it the dramaland rule that we see abs when the men are in angst? here, seo jun keeps showing off his abs when he wakes up and is hungry for kimbap. what is this kimbap abs for?! :joy:

I'm telling you, Seo Jun's shirt will just keep flying off!

YR is quite something.  Looks like both she and the other evil FL might be cutting a deal or something to get MIL put in jail.  As for the ex-BF, can't he just let it all go?  But the men in these shows are always obsessed with their babies.

As for Kang, I don't feel sorry for him.  I found him rather annoying.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Spoiler

Episode 15 shocked me, I didn't expect the amnesiac's husband getting hit by the rock. Really hoping he will be safe... Maybe he'll have amnesia like his wife or something... I keep on forgettting that this drama is written by a different writer, so unlike FP where all the characters are immortal (except the FL's dad of course), the characters will be killed at random. (Like A Place In the Sun)

In the preview, we have TP's mum taken to a car, is this when she's gonna die? And, not to be rude, but I'm not here for people's abs, I'm here to watch an interesting plot. 

Sometimes, I really wish they get rid of YJ in the story, it's episode 15 now and she hasn't done anything except for selling kimbaps! Even the Amnesiac's husband is doing more work than her. Sometime I wonder if she was intended to be a supporting character but the writer wants a female lead so he just adds more screentime (aka selling kimbaps) to the character.

Will YR kill her ex or somehow silence him after getting rid of TP's mum? I HATE to say this, but I can't wait for episode 16, mainly because I want to see what happened to the character. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

no father, he is dead.

Poor thing. With the mother dead, he will be at the tender mercies of his servants??? What kind of a lame brain CEO is the mother?

She has not made provisions for her son's guardianship? Maybe she is a small time CEO? There has to be a professional firm to handle his wealth. Ok Kdrama CEO.:smirk:

I findYR average looking. Isn't she supposed to be glamourous?

• Like 4

wow, lady Joo (a/c wife) is really conniving. she just looks sweet but is actually stealing from a foundation set up for the disabled. that is one low. and secretary koo is equally shady. looking at page 1 and find the descriptions of these two characters posted by @0ly40 really interesting...

Joo Hwa Yun (50 years old)

Seo Joon's mother. Woo Suk's wife. Chairman of DL Welfare Foundation for the Disabled. Like a master of the DL group, she is elegant and refined, has a gentle, soft character, and looks full of dignity. But in reality, she is full of greed and is good at strategy and copying. She knows the power of money better than anyone else. So, she has a strong desire to possess what she wants to have.  Even if it is love.

Koo Cheon So

Secretary of the DL Group. Hwa Yun's thugs. He is speechless and upright. Especially for Hwa Yun, he is ready to do anything. Hwa Yun's heartbreak, but sometimes he is Hwa Yun's older bree other and sometimes more than a friend.

so does this mean lady joo and secretary koo will have some sort of affair? :open_mouth: or they just tied up in evil games so much they become a couple? interesting!

poor restaurant ajusshi never had a chance. he had no idea he was stirring the bee's nest. he should have at least talked to his police brother (in page 1 description, it says half-brother).

On 9/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, maribella said:

She has not made provisions for her son's guardianship? Maybe she is a small time CEO? There has to be a professional firm to handle his wealth. Ok Kdrama CEO.

it doesn't look like it and yura is angling to be the guardian so she can take control of the money and company. will be interesting to see what happens... not sure why taepoong's mom or yura's dad are not smart --- yura with her weirdo detective was able to find out how lady joo and secretary koo were skimming off the foundation. so it looks like tae poong's mom is a bit too trusting. she should have called the cops and has instead given time to lady joo to pay back -- who wants to bet the money never will get returned? @tulip06 ~ ooh lady joo and yura joining hands? now that will be interesting to watch!

@Secretz ~ this drama is kind of slow and so hard to tell what is the point of yu jun at the moment. is the romantic partner for seo jun or tae poong? maybe there is some sort of love triangle later?  so seo jun got rejected by yu jun and is now in friend zone but will he try again later?...

and is half the family of yura a bit criminal? even her brother has the same idea -- find a rich girl and marry up but a restaurant owner's daughter is hardly going to be that rich....

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this drama is kind of slow and so hard to tell what is the point of yu jun at the moment.

Well, I'm kinda disappointed that she's not involved in the early episodes. But then again, it's a daily drama, it's meant to be slow-paced. Just a bit salty because I was expecting the female lead to do something other than selling kimbaps.

Spoiler

Nooooooo, the amnesiac's husband died. :bawling: 

• Like 3