[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Not sure if I care for the romance at this point... lol

I think it’s safe to say most of us in this thread don’t care for the romance anymore... or never did in the first place.... we’re all just staying to eat some popcorns and watch just how dumb and dumber the writing and the characters can get LOL

Drama Popcorn GIF

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

@Ameera Ali Thank you for spoilers I have been waiting for this for so long. This moment was needed. 

Don’r forget the napkin also made her start to remember her nightmare.  
O bet you this scene played out when episode 88 finished.  One of the reason Kdrama knows how to suck us viewers in for sure. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Ameera Ali Thank you for spoilers I have been waiting for this for so long. This moment was needed. 

Don’r forget the napkin also made her start to remember her nightmare.  

even Mr tag me along  with u doing his part to make her remember everything  :joy:

F759A614-8455-4D35-848C-1915DAB21926.gif

oh not you too, so he was paying to kill me  :D 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

Please tell me she won’t think the Chairman is trying to kill her.  @Ameera Ali

We need to wait to know more , but Is kdrama , they blame first person with the killer , right :mrgreen:

If they not blaming chairman what would explain TP coming clean to family finally 

8BF91677-FE60-42D0-BB33-FF78B6A651D1.gif

bro in law breaking up with the sister :phew:

86166350-69A7-434C-ABA6-2B47B8F53576.gif

:rubchin:

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:36 AM, Mocharel said:

@nohamahamoud2002 I think I might have been the one who gave you the unamused emoji before, my bad, hahahah, but I only gave that bcs of the point brought up also made me feel similar resentment as you do, like in the case of No Matter What when talking about the hypocritical donkey dad, I was unamused with the plot/character, not yourself, so don’t worry about it. sorry if I had offended you, it was the closest reaction i can find to an unbridled rage emoji!

It is okay my friend. I got unamused emos by other members lol. I know it is for the plot. 

Anyway it seems that Jisuk meets Lady Ju's husband. In the 14 last episodes we need a fast pace.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

It is okay my friend. I got unamused emos by other members lol. I know it is for the plot. 

Anyway it seems that Jisuk meets Lady Ju's husband. In the 14 last episodes we need a fast pace.

You must have missed @UnniSarah 's post. There are another 5 episodes. :cries:

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

1 minute ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I know. It seems to be 105. So it is about 14 or 16 episodes I think 

Tonight's 87? oh what the heck 14 or 20, we just have to see even 20 seconds of Ms. Hefty in each ep.

What rankles me is that the notion of crime does not pay is taking too long to be revealed. I am sure we will be tearing our hair out at the end. Look at TP's revenge on the awful mother. Yes, what revenge? She has her shop and her house and being pushed by YR, spilling the porridge is going to reap her sympathy?

We have TP giving up avenging his mum and the husband of his adoptive aunt too for the love of idiot YJ. I am glad to see real anger by the uncle at TP, who as usual has to be cool and calm. Sorry TP fans, his acting as a 7 year seemed good but I only watched part of a few episodes. Once he got the Savant syndrome, he was just too cool and in control that he barely reacted spontaneously. That seemed fine when he was exacting revenge, but in love, oh please. His passion, his guilty looks need more energy. Even when his important report went missing, he looked confused. Be angry, stamp your feet... :D. BTW when I wrote reports, I made softcopy duplicates for a thumbdrive and the original stayed on the laptop which was backed up automatically. I also locked my office door before leaving. But of course, I don't have smart syndrome.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Sorry I was a bit busy today, so just getting around to posting this just now.

Episode 89 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
SJ's Mom: My husband and Seo Ji Sook met? Where is he?
SJ: What if Ms. Seo gets her memory back?
SJ's Dad: I'm sure I left it in the drawer. If it was here, would I ask you?
SJ's Mom: Have you been to his study alone?
YR: No. Why?
SJ's Aunt: What did you just say? What are you talking about all of a sudden? Did you meet Hwa Yeon?
SJ's Dad: Ji Sook, don't you remember me? I'm Cha Woo Seok.
ST: What if it has something to do with Su Hee?
TP: I think I should reveal who I am first.
SH/JS: You're Mrs. Lee's son?

Ending Scene of Episode 88

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-At TP's office at DL-
(TP remembers his talk with SH/JS)
(Flashback) TP: I've asked you this before, but do you really not know Ju Hwa Yeon?
(Flashback) SH/JS: The person you showed me a picture of? I would've remembered her if we've met a few times, but I had no idea.
TP (thinking): She's lost her memory. The person Sang Hyeon last talked to was Chairman Cha in DL Group. The person Mom last talked to was Ju Hwa Yeon. Then is one of the two the real culprit?
(SH/JS knocks on the door)
TP: Come in.
SH/JS: Min Hyuk.
TP: Aunt, did you bring the contract?
SH/JS: Oh, my. I left it in the car. Let me get it now.
TP: Okay.
SH/JS: I'm sorry.
(SH/JS walks out of the elevator onto the DL lobby while SJ's Dad walks into the other elevator and sees her walking)
SJ's Dad (thinking): Ji Sook?
(SJ's Dad gets out of the elevator to find her)
SJ's Dad (thinking): It was definitely Ji Sook.
(SJ's Dad runs to the front desk)
SJ's Dad: Show me the visitor log from today.
-Visitor Log: Yoon Su Hee-
SJ's Dad: Was someone called Seo Ji Sook here today?
Receptionist: No. These are all of today's visitors, sir.
(SJ's Dad goes back to his office)
SJ's Dad: Was I mistaken again?
(SJ's Dad walks into his office)
SJ's Dad: You're here, Chief Yu.
TP: Yes. We have the owner of the Joongang branch here.
SH/JS: Hello.
SJ's Dad: Ji Sook. Ji Sook.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

They really turned TP from the genius into the idiot. He kept on saying i’ll protect YJ i’ll do it i’ll bring YR down without doing anything then he just went up and no this is wrong revenge bad??? I would buy it better if TP got someone hurt badly bcs of it, like MW/DH and that makes more sense. But then again he just threw dozens of episodes of not doing anything much to throw YR into the slammer, so probably the only thing he wasted was just our time. all these characters just say they gonna report her ruin her blahblahblah but they just ended up backtracking themselves. I cant believe this, im so frustrated with TP now more than YJ

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Awesome 1

I skimmed and fast forward through the episode with subtitles. YJ is a super idiot. The brother wanted to reveal the truth about YR's background after the porridge scene. She said no because  he was doing well and people might connect him to YR and Han senior and the awful woman would be hurt!! 

Writer oh writer, you should write a comedy. YJ was on a revenge, got kidnapped and threatened by the furry henchman and friends, but she said all that? :isannoyed: Somebody, hit her over the head so she will get Savant syndrome.

• LOL 7

11 hours ago, maribella said:

Tonight's 87? oh what the heck 14 or 20, we just have to see even 20 seconds of Ms. Hefty in each ep.

What rankles me is that the notion of crime does not pay is taking too long to be revealed. I am sure we will be tearing our hair out at the end. Look at TP's revenge on the awful mother. Yes, what revenge? She has her shop and her house and being pushed by YR, spilling the porridge is going to reap her sympathy?

We have TP giving up avenging his mum and the husband of his adoptive aunt too for the love of idiot YJ. I am glad to see real anger by the uncle at TP, who as usual has to be cool and calm. Sorry TP fans, his acting as a 7 year seemed good but I only watched part of a few episodes. Once he got the Savant syndrome, he was just too cool and in control that he barely reacted spontaneously. That seemed fine when he was exacting revenge, but in love, oh please. His passion, his guilty looks need more energy. Even when his important report went missing, he looked confused. Be angry, stamp your feet... :D. BTW when I wrote reports, I made softcopy duplicates for a thumbdrive and the original stayed on the laptop which was backed up automatically. I also locked my office door before leaving. But of course, I don't have smart syndrome.

I think TP and YR need to end up together.  Both their acting standard declined after she left him.  TP, I need not say more as @maribella said it so well.   YR has gone from weird nose to weird nose + bulging eyes! A real sight for nightmares.  When she tries to act like a mafia boss, she stands legs apart, takes  a deep breath and hunch her shoulders.  Its like her inner Annabelle doll meets sumo wrestler.  With her over-acting, she has turned the character into a psychopath.  There's no rehabilitation for psychopaths so please writer, don't even try it! 

• LOL 6

The end of ep 88 has me screaming :w00t: 

I feel more interested in the veteran actors' love story than TP/YJ and SJ revenge story would actually be more exciting than TP's. YR didn't put the handkerchief back into the photo frame?? 

not surprised the drama got extended like the previous 2 dramas Fatal Promise & Gracious Revenge (which I also got addicted to) am watching the older time slot drama A Place in the Sun too but it feels kinda boring since it's not as over the top/makjang as these ones... 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

@Mocharel this drama is terribly written. At least in “Unknown Woman” they kept up with the revenge. (No matter what you say, “Unknown Woman” was NOT a bad drama)

Yeah I know I said we’re just here to laugh at how bad and dumb the writing can get but apparently they did and I regret saying that.... LMAO i can’t even laugh anymore, my only entertainment is the shitposts here. Ameera oh goddess of gifs please bestow upon us your gracious gifs!

• LOL 4

was laughing at the dinner table scene. hawaii uncle is always on the internet reading up gossip. yu myung simply shrugs to the miscarriage info like one would to random celeb gossip and dad just keep eating. he even eats when mom expects him to show some concern. bwahahahahah...

3 hours ago, maribella said:

YJ is a super idiot. The brother wanted to reveal the truth about YR's background after the porridge scene. She said no because  he was doing well and people might connect him to YR and Han senior and the awful woman would be hurt!

for once, it made some sense to me. the parents haven't told their relatives and friends in their hometown that their eldest daughter has cut off ties with them. in seoul, they just don't tell anyone they have a daughter. so obviously, it is a source of hurt and embarrassment and having that come out in national tv from yu myung's mouth would make it worse. for yu myung, it could be a PR issue where instead of talking about his work, it would instead be about gossip about his family; since yura is the queen of spin, she would call them all crazy fans/stalkers who are spinning lies and looking for handouts and they would all look bad. the more sane way would be to just out her to chairman and family but we know that since yura holds the cards, that is not going to happen. shrug. let the madness continue! hahahahha...

2 hours ago, crystaltears said:

I feel more interested in the veteran actors' love story than TP/YJ and SJ revenge story would actually be more exciting than TP's

definitely more emotion there from the older actors.

2 hours ago, O said:

I think TP and YR need to end up together.  Both their acting standard declined after she left him.

bwahahah.. I think it is funny that TP and yura have great chemistry when they are fighting. same with seo jun and yu jung -- the room crackles when yujung is mad at him. but tae poong and yujung, they come across more like friends. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1