[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

19 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

they are trying to be safe during pandemic times. no more than necessary kissing. :P trying not to breathe each other's germs if they can't help it. wonder if they quickly put on a mask and wiped themselves with sanitizer after.... :sweatingbullets:

How romantic...

tenor.gif

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I don’t know if he still have these abs but enjoy everyone 

@UnniSarah the abs are not enough for me to ignore the hair. :rolleyes:With apologies to his fans, TP or Mr.Kang is doubtful the

ML when SJ is at the centre of conflict in the 40 odd episodes that I followed. Maybe he should expose his abs -minus this hair- and then we would have a real competition.

• LOL 6

bwaahahaha... @maribella ~ can't think of any other kdrama where the second lead is the one with a triangle. we have so many women fighting to control seo jun -- yura, yujung, lady joo, even the aunt... . :joy: no one is interested in clinging to tae poong and making him miserable -- isn't that the standard requirement for being a male lead? hahahahha.... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

bwaahahaha... @maribella ~ can't think of any other kdrama where the second lead is the one with a triangle. we have so many women fighting to control seo jun -- yura, yujung, lady joo, even the aunt... . :joy: no one is interested in clinging to tae poong and making him miserable -- isn't that the standard requirement for being a male lead? hahahahha.... 

Not exactly, No Matter What is having the same, the second ML is having a lot more attention, being swooned over by women who only want a piece of his meat, and honestly, he and the second FL have the most presence in the show, they’re likeable too, while the first ML and FL are so boring, the FL is extremely unlikeable, and their relationship was so basic and bland.

idk why tho but imo YJ has a really bland face (sorry UHK) so i dont get why she’s the one with guys swooning over her, not TP, he’s the one with looks

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mocharel said:

idk why tho but imo YJ has a really bland face (sorry UHK) so i dont get why she’s the one with guys swooning over her, not TP, he’s the one with looks

it is more yujung's personality or lack of sparkle in terms of dressing that she seems so bland. I remember the actress in defendant and the character she played had a presence...

defendant.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mocharel said:

Not exactly, No Matter What is having the same,

ah I see.... guess it is a season where the second leads get the attention more. :)

• Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

Posting this late, but here's the translations. :)

Episode 87 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
SJ's Mom: Stop seeing him. Would a nice guy take bribery and get fired?
TP: I need to find that phone... in order to find a lead for my mom's case. I must find it.
TP: I will not let go of your hand ever. Let's love each other to the fullest like others do.
YM: What's up with you two?
YJ: Yu Myung.
YJ's Dad: I'm sure that was Chun Soo. Why is he in DL?
SJ: I must get the two out of DL.

SJ: Do you think you'd be happy next to Yu Min Hyuk? You'll regret your choice.
YJ: Seo Jun.
SJ: Just wait and see what I'll do.

Ending Scene of Episode 86

English Translation (from Kocowa):
YJ: Oppa! Oppa!
TP: Han Yu Jung. Was it this? The reason you went to Seo Jun... was me? Are you a fool? Why would you sacrifice yourself for me? Do you think it'd make me happy?
YJ: What do I do, then? Seo Jun said he'd drive you out of the company if I didn't.

TP: Why would you worry about that?

YJ: You have to find the culprit for your mother's case. You have to stay in this company until then. You won't be able to have your revenge. How could I sit and watch that? How can I just sit and watch your heart be broken into pieces?
TP: I can give up on my revenge! ...I can give up on it. As long as you're next to me. Yu Jung. Stay by my side.
YJ: You know we can't.
TP: You're wrong. This is enough. We've suffered enough... and we've been hurt enough. Let's... Let's be happy now. Yu Jung. Even if the whole world points fingers at us... and turn away from us, let's... not turn away from our feelings.
YJ: Can we... Can we... really do so?
TP: I love you, Han Yu Jung.
YJ: I love you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

TP has a pretty face and a pretty smile  so maybe that's why they can't have girls around him, the competition perhaps.:smile:

I have not seen this actor before, so can't say he was good or bad. But  this drama has given him a chance to show a wide range of emotions, he somehow many times seems to be watching the scene rather than in it. I hasten to add that he is not as obvious as father Han. Now he is funny.

Unlike YR, she has really used the character to cover the occasional tears to her crazy scenes, showing her versatility. Although the crazy part could be toned down, she looks insane at times. She is not likable to me. The writer has thrown everything at her, I wonder how he is going to redeem her at the end. 

edit: 

@Ayame I was going to thank you but the dialogue was so corny I could only laugh. I had FFW the romantic scenes with YJ&TP in them, that was without dialogue. :sweat_smile:. So thank you.

• Like 3

I'm glad SJ at least said what I was thinking...that he's pathetic.  Are we sure YJ doesn't just turn these men into seven year olds? I getting second hand cringe embarrassment for SJ OMG!:confused:

As for that kiss it was standard Kdrama kiss,  I think I'd be more grossed out if it was a lot of spit and tongue action during Covid. Now that's a yuck.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I’m Team SJ. Everyone is an idiot. If he didn’t love YJ I would tell him to go to a deserted island and he would be happier and safe there. If they would release the choke hold they have on his character he would be a match for Yura. More efficient than TP. Betty White Breakup GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is more yujung's personality or lack of sparkle in terms of dressing that she seems so bland. I remember the actress in defendant and the character she played had a presence...

Even from that pic alone I can tell that she has a lot of character there, I guess it’s just the direction in this drama that’s terrible, from YJ to her cardboard dad. That’s why I liked Darth YJ more, she had more personality and presence there, aside from her normal version that only has otoke personality.

Honestly they kept on bait-and-release us with SJ unmasking YR but they never did follow through with that, it gets really old, and by now whenever a character seems like they’re this close to unveiling YR (HA! Get it?) they fall back to square one. Ya ain’t foolin me anymore ya quack of a writing team!

Happy African American GIF by BET

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Wow , did I get my first off topic because TP bad kissing

:Megalol:actually I think father Han could be the Korean Barney if you look at his face hair and his one or two expression looks. 

The kissing looks quite bad from here too, so not sure what the off topic was for. If I read YJ's thoughts correctly she also thinks the same. ' get it over with for God's sake, I am going to close my eyes, maybe he'll hurry up'.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 6

Since I'm still new to this forum stuff please explain how something is off topic if someone disagrees. We are talking about the same thing with different perspectives. Also was that taken as a personal attack? I stated that to me they always do the dead fish kiss 85% of the time in Kdramas. Also the woman keeping her hands at her sides but clutching the coat/jacket instead of wrapping their arms around the man. Zo Zexy! 

@Ameera Ali Is this directed at moi? I'm confused as to how it's off topic. Enlighten me.

I'm sorry was I supposed to only talk about SJ's abs? Over and over again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GingerK said:

@Ameera Ali Is this directed at moi? I'm confused as to how it's off topic. Enlighten me.

I'm sorry was I supposed to only talk about SJ's abs? Over and over again.

Oh my it’s wasn’t directed to you , or any attack on anyone from my part , I am just joking about off topic thing because TP bad kissing that we all were disappointed about , I wouldn’t mind you taking about SJ abs over and over again :D but I can’t promise not to be fainted because of his abs

BMqIV3S.gif

• LOL 4