[Drama 2020-2021] A Man in a Veil, 비밀의 남자

0ly40

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

When YJ got the book, I'd just knew YR would do something. She should have kept the book under lock and key. But I guess Koreans (in dramas) do not install locks to the  cupboards. 

But YJ isn't exactly bright. Between her and her father, we can bury the revenge and his mother's memories, and my prediction is: they will reveal his identity by their 'innocent' slips 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

so the dad didn't die or get amnesia or end up in a coma. instead, he just got drowned by yura's tears. :sweatingbullets: the girl has to cry and present her twisted logic and her parents just give in. even though he knows it is absurd and rightly points out that not everyone thinks a life of crime is their entitlement because they don't have money, he is still not able to argue. so at least he can't blame anyone when yura faces jail for her crimes...

15 hours ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:

Yu Ra thought she was throwing punches, while Tae Poong just knocks her out.

kekeke... good to see him get in the boxing ring. thought he was out of the fight because of his feelings for yujung but looks like he is just rolling ahead one step at a time.

8 hours ago, maribella said:

But YJ isn't exactly bright. Between her and her father, we can bury the revenge and his mother's memories, and my prediction is: they will reveal his identity by their 'innocent' slips 

it is a good thing that tae poong hasn't told them yet of his suspicious of the role that yura played in the imprisonment of his mom. they just think he is mad at her for abandoning him and swindling his money. if they only knew.....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... good to see him get in the boxing ring. thought he was out of the fight because of his feelings for yujung but looks like he is just rolling ahead one step at a time.

it is a good thing that tae poong hasn't told them yet of his suspicious of the role that yura played in the imprisonment of his mom. they just think he is mad at her for abandoning him and swindling his money. if they only knew.....

The father is also an idiot. He should say she should be angry at fate or God for giving her poor parents. Why should they indulge to the extent of supporting her criminal actions.

Now the awful mother is kidnapping DH and taking him overseas.

TP is too reactive. How can he beat her? Just taking action when necessary.

• Like 4

Episode 60 Preview

English Translation (from Kocowa):
YR: Now that Min Woo is gone to the US, nobody knows about my past.
YJ: Where did you send Min Woo to? Tell me now!
YR: I don't know.
YJ/YR's Dad: Don't you have a conscience? Let's cut each other off for real.
ST: My girlfriend? Her? No, she's not.
SJ's Aunt: Then what are we?
YR: Tae Poong, how dare you send the picture here?
SJ: What do you think you're doing?
TP: How can you still call yourself Min Woo's mother? Do you want to get rid of your child that badly!? Just die.
YR: You're Lee Tae Poong.

Ending Scene of Episode 59

English Translation (from Kocowa):
-Inside MW/DH's room at home-
YJ/YR's Mom: You're still up.
YJ: Yes. I'm about to go to bed. Do you have something to tell me?
YJ/YR's Mom: No. I just came in...  I can't believe how fast Dong Ho has grown.
YJ: I know. Kids grow so fast. I hope they grow slowly, though. When he says something mature, it makes me wonder how fast he's grown. Did it happen to you when you raised me?
YJ/YR's Mom: So try to see him as much as possible when you can.
YJ: What? What do you mean?
YJ/YR's Mom: Well, just because. Kids grow up fast day by day. They're so cute at this age. Go to sleep already.
YJ: Okay. Good night, Mom.
-YJ/YR's Mom walks outside the room-
YJ/YR's Mom (thinking): Yu Jung, I'm sorry. Understand me this once.
-The next day outside with YJ/YR's Mom, MW/DH, and YR-
YR: Why are you so late? ...Take this. Use it for the expenses there. I'll send you money every month, so don't even think about returning until he finishes school.
MW/DH: Grandma, are we going somewhere?
YR (to MW/DH): To a good place. You'll love it there.
YR: There's someone to help you at the airport. You can just follow him. Call me when you arrive in the US.
YJ/YR's Mom: Yu Ra, do you have to go this far?
YR: Get in the car now.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

56 minutes ago, maribella said:

I think YJ is not family. Is the mother finally going to grow sense of right and wrong and does not get on the plane? Heaven's forbid we get a time leap so early in the show.:hushed:

She will get on the plane because she is stupid and only loves Han YuRa , I have been saying that from day one. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a30af20ae2ea107ea1

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a30af20ae2ea107ea1

Min Woo is

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295e609ae90327551faa

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29df393f88f8b8e599d2

giphy.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I think YJ is not family. Is the mother finally going to grow sense of right and wrong and does not get on the plane? Heaven's forbid we get a time leap so early in the show.:hushed:

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

She will get on the plane because she is stupid and only loves Han YuRa , I have been saying that from day one. 

@maribella @UnniSarah In Episode 59, YJ & TP celebrated MW/DH's birthday. TP's gift to him was a smartwatch with both TP & YJ's phone numbers on it, so that MW/DH could call either of them from that smartwatch. So I think that might come in handy in the next episode, hopefully?

XHeoHgV.png

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

this moment should have happen long ago 

YR from 1 episode : Would you all  like to see me dead to anyone who would listen  :mrgreen:

Finally ML :

she will be like -- that is not min hyuk but tae poong as he is wearing black jacket....

let the fight begin!

batman vs superman GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

On 12/7/2020 at 6:08 PM, Ameera Ali said:

So did they register their marriage or not , if not what this receipt from past he send her , to be quite 

such bad service. she drops her wine and no waiter or manager comes to clear that or charge her for the broken glass. does bill include ignoring this table of madness? :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

5 hours ago, Ayame said:

@maribella @UnniSarah In Episode 59, YJ & TP celebrated MW/DH's birthday. TP's gift to him was a smartwatch with both TP & YJ's phone numbers on it, so that MW/DH could call either of them from that smartwatch. So I think that might come in handy in the next episode, hopefully?

Very handy. Weren't they supposed to keep their relationships under wrap? :lol:Ahhh TP's brilliant mind (sigh)

Not sure if the kid can do it, though, he does try to recite his lines well. I think the cute girl in flower of evil who seems his age is more natural than him. 

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

at what point is the birth secret behind min ho going to come out? it is surprising that tae poong genius still hasn't figured out that nothing happened between him and yura...

I am with you @Lmangla his brilliant mind goes on an off. Now that's an ominous sign, he might become as smart as YJ and in a few years their kid (if they keep him) will be able to outsmart them. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Not sure if the kid can do it, though, he does try to recite his lines well. I think the cute girl in flower of evil who seems his age is more natural than him. 

So true the kid in Flower Evil is a better actress. She was so natural and adorable. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Ah, you're right that the girl from Flower of Evil was quite good. Although I think that MW/DH (Seo Woo Jin) was decent when he acted as the daughter in Hi Bye Mama! earlier this year. The character didn't have too many lines but it was still impactful enough of a character for me.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, maribella said:

I have had this thought for a long time now. I can't see her being a daughter of that family. The mother almost seems resentful of the dad for liking YJ and treating her well. (She does not strike me as the type to raise a child not of her blood. Heck she did not want to raise MW (who is her grandson) after TP was left so I know she would not like a child not of her blood to be treated better then her own blood.)  I don't think he intentionally did that but I can see how with YR's personality he gravitated to the child that was prolly very sweet , nice, sunny and accepting of whatever problems they endured in the past  instead of the child who seemed resentful and mad cause things did not go her way to do the things she wanted to do. I hope its true so it will explain why the mother is the way she is to YJ but condones, accepts and helps YR's behavior. I still believe that the woman who saved TP with the nerdy daughter is possibly her bio mother making that girl her half sister perhaps. 

I also agree that the watch will be what helps MH/TP find that kid. Either MH was prepared for her to go over board and try something like this and is waiting for her or he will get a call from that kid or it has some form of tracking to tell him where he is. Either way this is going to backfire on YR big time. All she had to do is stay in her lane and stop making waves. But NOOOOOOOO, not YR she has to constantly run into MH's face, YJ's face, her dad's face to yell, scream and throw a tantrum trying to act like she holds all the cards or is in control and make demands. You would think she would leave the people who do know her past alone and go about her business but she can't stand it for 2 seconds and is off to do something that will come back to her. The sad part is she thinks she is stopping her past from coming out by doing these things but all she is doing is making sure her past that she tried so hard to erase or hide will come out faster. 

What I don't understand is she stole all of TP's money why did she not use that money and go back to school?  I guess her grades were not good enough or her transcript from that school would not be enough for her to go back? She spent 5 years lying about her education when she could have just tried to go back to school to get the credits needed to be a step above everyone else competing for the same job. They always like to take the easy route and it comes back to bite them in the end. If she is not fired for her fraudulent transcripts she will still end up in the company as she will blackmail her mother in law to get there. 

Her dad told YR correctly that was prolly the only time she would have to come forward on her own and tell the truth her way. From the moment she caused that accident and ran away she lost the option to leave with her head high and without charges. She will end up with her past coming out and all her lies exposed now in the worst way. Of course we know why she did not want to do it as she knew it would give SJ the ammunition he needed to divorce her and make his family hate her. Also she likes being the daughter in law of the only son and dares not let go as everyone she bragged to will laugh at her.  But sadly for her its going to go that way anyway. Instead she will bring her whole family into her mess and have them accused as well of fraud because of her lies. When they had nothing to do with what YR was up to. The only thing that will save her and make SJ angry is her using his mothers crimes against her so that she is not kicked out or if she is kicked out brought back into the house so the woman's son and husband do not kick her out as well. Once she threatens that woman its going to be fun watching them bite at one another. I don't feel sorry for either of them because both of them did shady things to get the men they are married to and continued to do evil and theft. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The mother almost seems resentful of the dad for liking YJ and treating her well. (She does not strike me as the type to raise a child not of her blood. Heck she did not want to raise MW (who is her grandson) after TP was left so I know she would not like a child not of her blood to be treated better then her own blood.)  I don't think he intentionally did that but I can see how with YR's personality he gravitated to the child that was prolly very sweet , nice, sunny and accepting of whatever problems they endured in the past  instead of the child who seemed resentful and mad cause things did not go her way to do the things she wanted to do. I hope its true so it will explain why the mother is the way she is to YJ but condones, accepts and helps YR's behavior.

sometimes it feels like a birth secret but then when you look in real life, favoritism occurs even in natural families. sometimes it is as simple as parent chooses the child that resembles them most and resents the child that resembles their spouse. basically the husband-wife issues spilling over onto the kids. then, there are cases where the parent simply relates to the kid who resembles them more in interests and personality and are not able to relate to a child with a different world view or interests or talents. then there are families where the spouses do a split kind of parenting approach instead of parenting together even though they all live in the same house...

so if we look at it from those kind of angles, it makes sense why the mom would think of yura as "poor yura". she resents her husband for not earning enough, for leading them into debt, for not having the finer things in life. so she gets yura's rage and resentment and thinks it is justified. she may not have the kind of daring that yura has to go after what she wants but she does not see it as wrong or incorrect. she is the one yura is close to and may have been more active in parenting her.

in contrast, yujung is more like her dad; for her, stuff happens and it is just part of life. she is not sitting there moaning about what she could have had and what she did not. instead, she is happy and content. so the dad and her see eye to eye. they see the good in people and see that as more precious than material things. so they would see yura's actions as wrong. however, both yujung and dad are not able to stand up strong. they know mom and yura's attitude is wrong but can not correct and just give up. they let it happen and add to the family woes. so the patterns of the parents are repeating in the children. yu myung the useless son is more like the mother and yura but has a tad bit of dad.

it will be interesting to see what happens with min ho. am still wondering if the child will die in some sort of accident or get injured because of this kidnapping. it looks like something drastic has to happen for yujung to spur to action and stop being stepped on all the time.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 5