Drama: Hello? It`s Me!

Hangul: 안녕? 나야!

Genre: romantic comedy, fantasy

Network: KBS2

Episodes: 32 (16)

Director: Lee Hyun-seok

Writer: Yoo Song-yi

Release Date:  February 17th - April 8th, 2021

Runtime: Monday & Tuesday, 21:30 (2 episodes back-to-back)

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Hello? It’s Me! is a fantasy romantic comedy that centers around the growth of its characters

The drama is  based on the novel 'Fantastic Girl'. One day a woman at the age of 37, like a ball in a wind, is 17 years old. The woman who thought that there was only aging in her thirties was when she met herself in the brightest and hottest days and began to change little by little.

The female protagonist draws on how to forgive and love herself from the wounds of the past, and the male protagonist learns how to become an adult who knows how to bear the weight of reality in Peter Pan.

Cast

Choi Gang-Hee as Ban Ha Ni

Lee Re as Ban Ha Ni (young)

Kim Young Kwang as Han Yoo Hyun

Eum Moon Suk as Ahn So Nee

Kim Yoo Mi as Oh Ji Eun

Ji Seung Hyun as Yang Do-yoon

Choi Dae Chul as

Jung Yi Rang as

Kim Ki Ri as Kim Yong-hwa

Kim Yong Rim as Lee Hong-nyeon

Yoon Joo Sang as Han Ji-man

Park Chul Min as Young Gu

Baek Hyun Joo as Han Ji Sook

Yoon Bok Im as Ji Ok Jung

Go Woo Ri as Bang Ok-joo

Choi Tae Hwan as Cha Seung-seok

Jung Dae Ro as Il-goo

Kang Tae Joo as Min Kyung-sik

Moon Sung Hyun as Chae Sung-woo

Character descriptions

Yoo Byul Na (Choi Kang hee) is a contract worker at a confectionery company. Unmarried and with no male friends around her, she is single against her will. Her unstable job makes her feel uneasy every day, and yet the people around her, including her family and colleagues, do not pay her any attention. Nonetheless, she works hard at her job.

(Kim Young Kwang) is son of a chaebol family.

Posters

Er-hU-PXUAERW4x?format=jpg&name=medium

2VNSYDUDTSCIVJW3YGKVYBK4QY.jpg

Kim-Young-Kwang-Choi-Kang-Hee.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야! - Choi Kang Hee & Kim Young Kwang

Update: Choi Kang Hee Confirms For Fantasy Rom-Com Drama Kim Young Kwang Is In Talks For

May 25, 2020
by J. Lim
7dc16dc44f2145c89407e52124652b63.jpeg?s=

Updated June 29 KST:

Choi Kang Hee will play the female lead in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Hello? It’s Me!” (literal title), which Kim Young Kwang is in talks to star in.

On June 29, a source from Choi Kang Hee’s agency shared, “Choi Kang Hee has confirmed her appearance in KBS 2TV’s drama ‘Hello? It’s Me!’ scheduled for the second half of the year.”

“Hello? It’s Me!” is a fantasy romantic comedy about a 37-year-old woman who faces her 17-year-old self. Choi Kang Hee will play the main character Yoo Byul Na, a contract worker at a confectionery company. Unmarried and with no male friends around her, she is single against her will. Her unstable job makes her feel uneasy every day, and yet the people around her, including her family and colleagues, do not pay her any attention. Nonetheless, she works hard at her job.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1402465wpp/kim-young-kwang-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-fantasy-romantic-comedy-drama

Kim Young Kwang in Talks to Star in “Hello? It’s Me!”

Posted on June 4, 2020
secret-life-of-my-secretary-kim-young-kw

Kim Young Kwang (The Secret Life of My Secretary) is in talks to star in the upcoming Korean drama Hello? It’s Me! Hello? It’s Me! is a fantasy romantic comedy about about the son of a chaebol family and the growth he and the other characters experience.

Kim Young Kwang would play the chaebol’s son. It would certainly be nice to see him in a new drama, especially a rom-com. We’ll see how it turns out!

https://kdramakisses.com/2020/06/04/kim-young-kwang-in-talks-to-star-in-hello-its-me/

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야! - Choi Kang Hee & Kim Young Kwang
  • 1 month later...

On the 11th, an official from Lee Re's agency CJ Entertainment said, "Lee Re KBS2's new drama'Hello? It's me!' We are positively reviewing the appearance,” he said.

56951696-ed93-44c9-a5c6-c0fe5f2a4340.jpg

If the appearance is confirmed, Lee re will return to the home theater after a year and a half after tvN'Memories of the Alhambra' which ended early last year.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020081115250005443

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Actor Eum Moon-suk confirmed to join the drama Hello? it`s Me!

e6983121-57e3-4680-9d8a-7f7f59ef565a.jpg

On the 10th, an official from Eum Mun-suk's management company Hwa Brothers Korea told this magazine, "It is correct that Eum Mun-suk will appear in KBS2's new drama'Hello?It`s Me`.

'Hello? It's me!' is a work that Choi Kang-hee confirmed to appear before. The news of Kim Young-kwang's appearance was also known. Moonseok Eum said,'Hello? It is expected to strengthen the lineup of the drama.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020091016130005791

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kang-hee Choi, confirmed to appear on KBS 2TV's new drama'Hello Me'.. aired in January 2021

GSJCKRJC6SDEVNEFCH4VTLCJ4M.jpg

She plays Ban Ha-ni who lives in a forced non-marriage state, a non-regular worker who is anxious about employment every day, and is not even interested in her family.

Unlike her, a 17-year-old who shines brightly and beautifully, it is expected to transform into a character who lives a 37-year-old life stained with timidity, leading to a sense of reality.

Kang-hee Choi said, “I usually like growth dramas and movies that have a beautiful and warm texture. Hello! It’s me!’ is a fantasy growth drama for adults,” she said. “I am so happy and grateful to join the work. I will do my best to give sympathy and comfort to many people.”

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/07/TJAZFOBJ53XILPUKTV3XAMAYAI/

October 7 2020

Choi Gang-Hee cast in KBS2 drama “Hi? It’s Me!”

Hello_Its_Me-tpSM1.jpg

Choi Gang-Hee is cast in KBS2 drama series “Hi? It’s Me!” (literal title). Choi Gang-Hee will play lead female character Ban Ha-Ni. Actor Kim Young-Kwang was offered the lead male role and has not yet officially confirmed that he has accepted. The drama series is based on 2011 novel “Fantastic Girl” by Kim Hye-Jung. Choi Gang-Hee’s character Ban Ha-Ni will meet her younger 17-year-old self in the drama series.

“Hello? It’s Me!” will first air January, 2021 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Ban Ha-Ni (Choi Gang-Hee) is 37-years-old and a single woman. She holds a temporary position at work, which makes her nervous that she might get fired. She is generally servile and timid. Considering her current state, she does not want to be single. One day, 17-year-old Ban Ha-Ni from the past comes to 37-year-old Ban Ha-Ni. 17-year-old Ban Ha-Ni is totally different from her older self. The younger Ban Ha-Ni is bright and optimistic.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-gang-hee-cast-in-kbs2-drama-hi-its-me

• Like 1

Choi Kang-hee headlines new KBS fantasy rom-com drama Hello? It’s Me!

by tineybeanie

ckhee.jpg

KBS drama Hello? It’s Me! has confirmed its casting of Choi Kang-hee (Good Casting) as the lead character. She’ll be playing a 37-year-old who is given a chance to relive her youth as a bright and passionate 17-year-old.

If life were a baseball game, Choi Kang-hee’s character has already struck out three times. She’s single not by choice, but by sheer lack of interest from the opposite sex. She’s a temp worker so her employment status is always in danger. Even her own family doesn’t seem to care about the things going on in her life.

Then, she’s given the opportunity to live as her 17-year-old self when she was brave and optimistic, unlike her current downtrodden cowardly self. Choi Kang-hee described Hello? It’s Me! as a coming-of-age fantasy drama for adults who have always wanted to relive their youth.

Just because of the plotline, I can’t help but compare this drama to Eighteen Again. Hopefully, there will be a significant difference in messaging and thematic plot lines since this one doesn’t attempt to also address marriage. I’m also wondering if they’ll keep Choi Kang-hee to play her own 17-year-old self or if they’ll cast an up-and-coming actress.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/choi-kang-hee-headlines-new-kbs-fantasy-rom-com-drama-hello-its-me/

• Like 1

Kim Young-kwang to star opposite Choi Kang-hee in Hello? It’s Me!

by tccolb

kimyk1.jpg

KBS’s new fantasy rom-com Hello? It’s Me! has confirmed casting for Kim Young-kwang (The Secret Life of my Secretary), who joins Choi Kang-hee (Good Casting) in the main cast

The drama stars Choi Kang-hee as a character in her mid-thirties who feels like her life is at a middling point in both romance and life goals. She finds reassurance and encouragement from an unexpected source, though, when her 17-year-old self suddenly visits her. Through her younger self, she is reminded of the passion she once had for her dreams and is pushed to continue challenging herself and grow.

Kim Young-kwang takes on the role of Han Yoo-hyun. Born into a chaebol family, he once thought he had it all: money, looks, brains, and even good taste. But his carefree lifestyle is suddenly taken away when his father demands re-payment for raising and taking care of Kim for the past 30 years. Saddled with debt, Kim is forced to become independent and learn what it means to be an adult.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/kim-young-kwang-to-star-opposite-choi-kang-hee-in-hello-its-me/

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, Rafael Pascual said:

I was thinking what does the new title have to do with this drama based on this novel. The only thing I came up with is that the author was born on the same year the song Hello, It's Me came out.

40 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

• Like 1

Kim Young Kwang Tests Negative For COVID-19 Following His Drama Staff’s Diagnosis

Oct 27, 2020
by M. Kang

Kim Young Kwang has tested negative for COVID-19.

On October 26, a staff member of the actor’s upcoming drama “Hello? It’s Me!” (literal title) was diagnosed with COVID-19. Filming was halted immediately, and all of those who came in close contact with the staff member, including Kim Young Kwang, were tested.

The drama’s public relations agency StoryRhyme released the following update on October 27:

Hello, this is StoryRhyme, the public relations agency for the drama “Hello? It’s Me!” A staff member of “Hello, It’s Me!” has tested positive for COVID-19.

We are informing you of the current situation following a staff member’s confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis on October 26.

After assessing the situation yesterday, we suspended filming, and following the instruction of quarantine authorities, those who came into close contact with the affected staff member on set were tested.

Today (October 27), all who were considered to have come into close contact received negative results. Among the actors, Kim Young Kwang was included and tested negative.

The rest of the staff members that crossed paths with the confirmed patient are currently being tested. Future production schedules will be adjusted according to the regulations instructed by quarantine authorities..

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434159wpp/kim-young-kwang-tests-negative-for-covid-19-following-his-drama-staffs-diagnosis

Filming Halted on Set of K-drama Hello It`s Me with Choi Kang Hee and Kim Young kwang after positice Covid Test on set

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/10/27/filming-halted-on-set-of-k-drama-hello-its-me-with-choi-kang-hee-and-kim-young-kwang-after-positive-covid-test/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

KBS 2TV's new Wednesday and Thursday drama'Hello? On the 7th,'It's me' said, “Hello?” such as Kang-hee Choi, Young-gwang Kim, Leere, and Moon-seok Eum. The cast of the male and female protagonists who will lead'It's Me' has been completed.

http://www.fieldnews.co.kr/news/photo/202012/68703_69264_5003.jpg

104320173.1.jpg

http://www.fieldnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=68703

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

'Hello? The two protagonists of Me, Choi Kang-hee and Kim Young-gwang, are releasing a “two-shot” that allows you to preview their chemistry ahead of their home theater broadcast in 2021.They will make a surprise appearance at the 2020 KBS Drama Awards that will decorate the end of the year.

image_readtop_2020_1328753_1609202870448

Kang-hee Choi and Young-gwang Kim's 2020 KBS Drama Awards will be a preview of the drama itself. Both in the play and in reality are older and younger.

Kang-hee Choi said,'Hello? It's me!’, a 37-year-old Van Hani with no dreams or hopes shows off a different charm, and Kim Young-kwang shows off the charm of a younger man who helps Hani with Han Yoo-hyun, the second generation of free souls. The meeting of the two characters is the perfect character digestion of Choi Kang-hee and Kim Young-kwang, predicting a new chemistry that they have never met.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2020/12/1328753/

• Like 2