[Drama 2021] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야!

larus

Finally Ha Ni gets to find out who Yu Hyun really is. His dad though, poor guy and I wished Ha Ni hugged Yu Hyun at the very least. 

The mom must have been startled to see both versions of her daughter at once. Anthony's fame is rising, his guess that Teen Ha Ni was her past self was correct LoL. He's normally dense. 

Ugh I can't stand that greedy, evil aunt! Hope she gets her comeuppance soon. 

• Like 5

What a good episode. I can really feel the momentum building up to the finale. Go get them Yu Hyun!

There were two things that I wished though. First, I understand that the father wants to protect Yu Hyun so he's hiding his illness from him, but he's a grown man and the father should allow him to accept/handle it. Most importantly, life can be fragile, we should cherish the time we have with our family and loved ones. Looks like Yu Hyun and his father will unite in the next episode, but you just never know if prolonging would cause a missed opportunity and regret. Second, I really wanted Yu Hyun to personally tell Ha Ni about his true identity. But, I understand he's on a mission and his utmost priorities are his father and the company. At the least, he did want her to know that he never intended to deceive her. Knowing Ha Ni's personality, she would understand him. Looking forward to see her support him.

I don't want Do Yoon to be corrupted like his mother, but it's looking like it. A part of me wonders if he is this way because of his mother's manipulation to protect Ji Eun or with the power of the company on the line, if this is actually Do Yoon's true nature. I still hope that he will turn back on the right path.

Saving my favorite part for last. I loved how Ha Ni's mother recognized young Ha Ni right away. She had no doubt that she wouldn't know her own daughter. Watching them interact, it's really touching how young Ha Ni has come and brightened their lives. Btw, does anyone think it's possible that the past could change? Ha Ni mentioned that young Ha Ni likely came from a timeline where their father had not died yet. I feel young Ha Ni's personality has matured so when she goes back, I wonder if the circumstances leading up to the accident may not happen and the father stays alive. We still need to know why Anthony believes the accident is partly his fault.

• Like 3

@taeunfighting

I was afraid that would be the case with Do Yoon. 'Cause he had that look LoL. However I do take solace that he hasn't revealed the chairman's condition to his mother..yet. 

If teen Ha Ni gets back to the past, like the butterfly effect where would that leave present Ha Ni? Will she have to start over? But I guess if her dad's alive, she'd be happier and live a better life. Will she be able to meet Yu Hyun again LoL? So many questions.    

I am curious about that journalist/reporter who interviewed Anthony. Oh why didn't Anthony had his mole removed LoL!?   

• Like 4

I'm curious too. Changing the past would lead to changes in the present/ future. Young Ha Ni and Anthony make a good pair. Older mature Ha Ni is a good for our young and naive Yu Hyun.   Hopefully, Do Yoon will have a change of heart. I wish to see more of this new, improved version of Yu Hyun, especially his interactions with his father. He needs to prove himself as a good son. He is already on the right path. I just wish we could see more of this new improved version more. Sadly, there are only two episodes left. It was a cliched story but somehow the actors did a good job and made the audience feel good after a long working day.

• Like 3

I was moved to tears upon the chairman and Yu Hyun's reunion.. real sad for Anthony and Do Yoon though.. The former with his past coming back to haunt him and the latter might be separated from Ji Eun aish.

Anthony's downfall is a hot topic currently plaguing several popular K-Pop idols as do actors. In particular Ji Soo who's pulled off of his drama among others. Poor guy just when he just started finding his footing only to be crushed. 

Teen Ha Ni now knows the truth on her father, I wonder what's the connection with her cell phone, is it a portal to head back to the past? Guess grandma does know something. By the way, Yu Hyun looked hot in a suit.  

• Like 3

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but wanted to say that the friendship between Ha-ni and Yu Hyun is so lovely. Yes, there's romantic interest but aside from that, they are so supportive of each other.

• Like 3

Another good episode. I agree with friends here that the chairman and Yu Hyun's reunion scene was very moving and full of emotions. The part where Yu Hyun held onto his father's hands and they tearfully hugged each other got me so bad. :tears:

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I was afraid that would be the case with Do Yoon. 'Cause he had that look LoL. However I do take solace that he hasn't revealed the chairman's condition to his mother..yet.

@Latte_Anyday Ji Seung Hyun who plays Do Yoon is very good with portraying "gray" characters. Having seen the latest episode, I think he is still pursuing the shareholders' meeting, even after finding out the truth that Ji Eun didn't do any wrong, because it is the only way to rid of his mother's evil presence at the company. He is willing to be the one to get hurt for the sake of Ji Eun, his child and hopefully for his uncle/Yu Hyun as well. I really hope Do Yoon does not have a "bad" ending and will be able to maintain relationships with his family. *Fingers crossed*

And, YES! Yu Hyun looks hot in suits. :wub:

5 hours ago, Ida51 said:

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but wanted to say that the friendship between Ha-ni and Yu Hyun is so lovely. Yes, there's romantic interest but aside from that, they are so supportive of each other

I agree with you. It's lovely to see how they've grown to become friends and pillars of support for one another. So, it feels extra special and meaningful to see them hold hands in recent episodes.

- - - - - - 

Two more episodes to go next week. I think what will happen at Joa is somewhat predictable. I just don't know about Do Yoon. Let's hope Anthony by fine after he takes responsibility. With young Ha Ni, it will be sad to see her part and go home. I am still curious if the past will change and if so, how it may affect the present.

• Like 2

Huhuhu:byebye2: finale's just around the corner. Am going to miss the cast. 

Poor Anthony.. It was his dream & because of poor life choices it was destroyed in a blink of an eye. Must have taken a lot of courage for Do Yoon to turn his mom in. 

Yu Hyun's how is this possible? When Ha Ni's "undead" dad called make me laugh! 

• Like 4

This show is a gem. When other shows might have shown anger and revenge satisfaction, this one gently shows family mourning the waywardness of their beloved family member.

The aunt couldn't be saved but Anthony was. He found a way to redeem himself.

Such lovely healing messaged in our season of anger, hate and anti-Asian violence. 

• Like 5

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야!

It's over:cries: all's forgiven & everyone's happy. Do Yoon look real stiff doing the JoA exercise LoL. Was afraid he'd rip his jacket! 

Anthony's replaced by Alexandro and he drinks latte (like me eheheh) Nice to see Anthony now fights against bullies instead. 

Granny calling Ha Yeong the "ugly girl" LMFAo! This was a nice drama - funny, sweet & heartwarming. Ciao everyone, take care XoxoX. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So, the past didn’t change, and Ha Ni’s father still died in the accident. When the shaman had explained that it couldn’t and shouldn’t as it would affect the present, it made sense. At least, Ha Ni was able to get closure with her father whereas she didn’t in the previous timeline. Her mother in the present hoped that she wouldn’t be in pain when she returned to the past. I think she would be relieved to know that Ha Ni seems to be coping well and will cherish herself. Even though you can’t change the events in the past, at least you can change yourself and try to live a better life. I’m glad Ha Ni’s family in the present finally got to heal and we could assume her family in the past will be okay as well.

Regarding Yu Hyun and Ha Ni, I like how the drama portrayed their relationship –  friendship highlighted first followed by romance. The two are cute and look happy together.

As for everyone else, I also like that…

Yu Hyun’s father appointed Do Yoon has chairman. He deserved it. I’m glad he and Ji Eun will have their happy family.

Yu Hyun’s father ballroom dancing despite being blind. Kudos to him for not letting it stop him from living an active life.

Although Anthony, or should I say Chun Sik, couldn’t make it as an actor, he was able to find a different path. To own up to your past mistakes and do good going forward is a great message.

Last, forgiveness and remorse… The aunt did many bad deeds, yet her family is still waiting for her. Perhaps she needed to hear that in order for her to reflect and come out as a better person. Apologizing was a positive start.

I will miss this drama. Such a good story. It managed to make me cry almost every episode. I hope more people will give it a chance and watch it. Take care and stay safe, everyone!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello? It’s Me!: Series review

by Anisa

HelloItsMe-00098.jpg

Hello? It’s Me! is a warm, lovely drama about regaining your self-worth and finding your mojo again, featuring a charming cast of characters and a simple but heartfelt story with plenty of humor. Its two heroines, teenage and adult Bahn Ha-ni, not only transform each other, but inevitably everyone else in their orbit as well.

I wasn’t sure what to think of the premise of a time-traveling teenager from twenty years ago who suddenly appears in her older self’s life. I initially checked this show out solely out of love for leads Choi Kang-hee and Kim Young-kwang, but I was sold almost immediately. The humor can be silly, and the plot and dialogue are highly predictable—every development as slow and obvious as the oncoming Truck of Doom that makes not one but two pivotal appearances in the story. But there’s a core of sincerity and grounded emotion that makes the drama feel anything but slight.

HelloItsMe-00042.jpg

Even hilarious moments like Ha-ni being “saved” from jumping off a bridge by gangsters hold a kernel of sadness, because not too long ago, she did want to die. (I also love that these “loan repayment experts” become Ha-ni’s friends.) At its heart, it’s a story about allowing yourself to heal and believing you’re worth something—and trusting the people around you to catch you when you fall. I loved it unreservedly.

37-year-old Ha-ni and Han Yoo-hyun have a very un-cute meet in neighboring jail cells on the worst day of both their lives. Her Worst Day Ever is far more dire than his, given that she’s newly fired and almost died—and is DONE with life, actually mad that the doctor revived her. Yoo-hyun has simply been kicked out by his rich father and told to finally get a real job at the age of 30. Being locked up in the same police station, and then running into each other repeatedly during a series of low moments, bonds them early on as comrades of a sort, even if he’s more of a helpless, awkwardly tall duckling that she repeatedly bails out—and who imprints on her like the adorable pest he is.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Congratulation to Lee Re for winning Best Young Actor Award at KBS Drama Awards 2021

Lee Re, Youth Acting Award Glory "Thanks to Kang-hee Choi, I grew up as an actress at the age of 16"

BF.28469043.1.jpg

Actor Lee Ree and Choi Myung-bin won the '2021 KBS Drama Awards' Youth Acting Award.

On this day, Lee Re won her Youth Acting Award. She said, "It was a really difficult year this year, but I'm always grateful and sorry to my mother and manager unnie who worked hard with me. I thank the director for making the scene a good one, and I received a lot of comfort from the writer's writing."

She continued, "It was a scene where I matured a lot. And I am grateful to (Choi) Kang-hee, who was with me as another me on the set. Because she was me, I was able to grow up to 16-year-old Lee and actress Lee Re. I was able to receive healing at the site. “, she added. Ire said, "I am grateful to Kim Young-kwang and Eum Moon-seok, who made me laugh and taught me generously in a fantastic combination on set. Even during a difficult schedule, I was healed and comforted when I really went to the field. Thank you so much. It is thanks to the people who said that I am able to receive an award I never imagined.”

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2021123181944

On the red carpet

BF.28468495.1.jpg

cb2f56995942f4.jpg

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/topic/article/2021123180944

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1438336

• Like 1