by missvictrix

premwatch_river1.jpg

Hello? It’s Me!

premwatch_river3.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Rom-com, fantasy, coming-of-age
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Finally, a rom-com in our midst! Though this drama is a little low on buzz (compared to the big-name, big-budget productions coming up), I’m actually really excited to see what this becomes. Choi Kang-hee plays our heroine, who’s visited by her teenage self, and Kim Young-gwang (most recently great in Secret Life of My Secretary) plays the chaebol hero she encounters. The concept is cute, and I’d love to see something almost Dickensian going on here (the ghost of Christmas past, anyone?). But honestly, what piqued my interest the most was the squid costume in the show’s poster

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/02/premiere-watch-river-where-the-moon-rises-hello-its-me-sisyphus/

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야! - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Choi Kang Hee & Kim Young Kwang

Choi Kang Hee, Kim Young Kwang, Lee Re, And Eum Moon Suk Talk About Their Quirky But Relatable Characters + Ratings Promise For “Hello, Me!”

Feb 17, 2021
by C. Hong

On February 17, the new KBS drama “Hello, Me!” held an online press conference with actors Choi Kang Hee, Kim Young Kwang, Lee Re, Eum Moon Suk, and producing director (PD) Lee Hyun Suk.

“Hello, Me!” is a fantasy romantic comedy drama about a 37-year-old woman named Ban Ha Ni (Choi Kang Hee) who falls into a slump in both work and love and is visited by her 17-year-old self (Lee Re), who was full of passion and unafraid to take on the world.

PD Lee Hyun Suk shared what sets the drama apart from other “time-slip” dramas. “Our drama’s charm is its warmth,” he said. “There are lots of genres among ‘time-slip dramas.’ You can go to the future or there are some technological aspects involved. But ‘Hello, Me!’ is less of a ‘time-slip’ drama than what happens when a past self comes to visit you in the present.”

Choi Kang Hee’s character, Ban Ha Ni, is a 37-year-old woman who works as a contract employee at Joa Confectionery. The actress said, “37 isn’t an old age, but it represents a symbolic low point in this ordinary woman’s life. Even before I received the casting offer, I was interested in the title. I’ve done a lot of youth dramas, so I like dramas where people grow. This isn’t a story about young people’s growth, but of an adult’s growth. I thought the drama had a comforting message that says, ‘You’re okay as you are right now.'”

choi-kang-hee-hello-me.jpg

Kim Young Kwang’s character, Han Yoo Hyun, is the only son of the president of Joa Confectionery. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, but he is a free spirit who still hasn’t grown up. The actor said, “The first thing I thought after I read the script was that filming would be fun. Although he’s physically all grown up, he’s still a little kid on the inside. He acts in a way that most adults wouldn’t behave. I think that’s his own unique charm. He’s childish and plays a lot of pranks. Even though he’s grown older, he is still young at heart.”

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Hello? It`s Me!, 안녕? 나야! - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

Kim Young Kwang Attempts To Look As Pitiful As Possible In “Hello, Me!”

633bc86fa3d0428697b5648780a67580.jpeg?s=

Feb 18, 2021
by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Hello, Me!” unveiled new stills ahead of the second episode!

“Hello, Me!” is a fantasy romantic comedy drama about a 37-year-old woman named Ban Ha Ni (Choi Kang Hee,) who falls into a slump in both work and love and is visited by her 17-year-old self (Lee Re), who was full of passion and unafraid to take on the world. Kim Young Kwang plays Han Yoo Hyun, the only son of the president of Joa Confectionery. He was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, but he is a free spirit who still hasn’t grown up.

Spoilers

In the first episode, Han Yoo Hyun attempted to make money for the first time in his life after being threatened to be kicked out by his father Han Ji Man (Yoon Joo Sang). He had to earn one million won (approximately $903), but it wasn’t easy to do so. He was kicked out of his house with nothing and was misunderstood as a flasher, which led to him spending the night at a jail cell. That’s where he ran into Ban Ha Ni, and they started a relationship that involves around debt.

The newly released stills depict Han Yoo Hyun with an injured arm. He seems to be demanding Ban Ha Ni for compensation, and he follows her with a sly look on his face. He previously saved her from colliding into a truck, and viewers can look forward to how their relationship will progress in the next episode.

kim-young-kwang-1.jpg

The production crew commented, “Han Yoo Hyun, who was kicked out by his father, will clearly make his presence known as a second generation chaebol (several dozen large, family-controlled Korean corporate groups) who clings onto someone with his unique shameless and extraordinary slyness. Please tune in and watch Han Yoo Hyun and his clinginess, which viewers won’t be able to hate.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455071wpp/kim-young-kwang-attempts-to-look-as-pitiful-as-possible-in-hello-me

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's been an interesting 2 ep. so far. Not really a fan of Choi Gang Hee or Young Gwang but there's nothing else to watch:sleepy: In many ways it reminds me a lot of the Jennifer Garner movie "13 Going on 30".

Poor Ha Ni having to put up with not just her past self, but also a penniless spoiled rich brat, and a few other colorful characters. I almost didn't recognize the actor until I remembered he was from "Backstreet Rookie".:lol:

Looking forward to future ep. And hoping the present Ha Ni will be able to turn her life around. 

• Like 1

Hello! I decided to catch the episodes too as thanks to Netflix, they are available sooner. I quite enjoyed the two episodes. Her 17 year old bratty self, not so much. I'm interested in the present day FL and how she deals with life. Another thing I appreciated was how they didn't try to make her look like a flawless beauty but a very natural look with freckles was presented to the audience. The two male leads are funny in their own way. 

Poor FL, she has to baby sit her 17 year old bratty self and the Chaebol ML. But I like her. She has resilience in her. Would be fun to see how Mr. Chaebol grows up to be a responsible man. But society should really stop expecting women to save these man-child Male Leads. It's very taxing. :naughty:

So although the story looks cliched and predictable, I will continue watching it for the next few episodes at least. There were few funny moments and I do need few laughs in the middle of the week to sustain myself till the weekend. 

P.S The best part of the drama was the 'Squid Song'. :gangnamstyle:

• Like 1

I watched the first two episodes and didn't find anything to like other than the present day FL.  I found everyone else so selfish it really turned me off and I don't care about the young FL improving.  I'll check in on this thread to see where it goes but I'm probably dropping it.

I agree the Squid Song was really fun, particularly the afterlife remix!

• Like 1

I like the comedic antics although they've been overused. But I didn't like the 17-year old self of the FL. Somehow she rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because she' trying too hard. From the character's description, she was supposed to be young, exuberant, bright, etc. But in the actual depiction, she was a brat, selfish, hard-headed, full of herself person who thinks she owns the world when she hasn't even accomplished anything.

The present day FL seems to be the opposite of the younger person, being obedient and all. I guess she's suffered from trauma during her high school years.

Spoiler

Maybe her father died chasing after her when she wanted to audition. Personally, I do not think that she can be an idol, gauging from her acting - she's as stiff as a board and doesn't even look that attractive. So from being selfish and bratty, the older self became a kind and self-sacrificing doormat to atone for her sins. Where did she come from? Did she die together with her dad that night?

I understand the younger self being curious about the new and unknown things because it's been 20 years. But she cannot even read the situation and she's still disobedient and feeling entitled. Can't she not stop being whinny for a few minutes? I think the actress' interpretation of the character is wrong. Maybe she'll tone it down as the drama progresses. Right now, she's plain irritating. 

For the ML, he fits the character description - a clueless, entitled son of a rich man. The father raised him the wrong way, spoiling him since he was a child. There's another back story there - about how he ended up this way.

CKH is a natural beauty. Even without makeup and freckles all over face, she still looks great.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hello? It’s Me!: Episode 1

by selena

HELLO01-00021.jpg

KBS’s new fantasy rom-com takes us through an eventful day in the life of our heroine, letting us understand how she got to what she considers the lowest point of her life. She runs into some peculiar people along the way and although one is destined to become somebody that will change her life, she won’t be prepared when they finally meet.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

HELLO01-00003.jpg

Sometime in the future, BAHN HA-NI (Choi Kang-hee) sits alone in a café and smiles fondly as she pens a letter: Did you get back safely? I bet it hasn’t changed much. Oh, I forgot to say hello, didn’t I? Hello? It’s me!

In the present day, Ha-ni gets involved in a traffic accident one rainy night and is transported to the ER in an unconscious state. She narrates that people typically have many thoughts at the brink of death, yet she just wishes not to wake up.

Her spirit’s desperate pleas to not be saved go unheard as the doctors attempt to resuscitate her. Ha-ni wails that she’s at the worst point in her life and her only option is to be reborn.

For work, she’s a dancing mascot at a local supermarket to promote squid-flavored snacks. Despite her adorable performance, Ha-ni gets ignored by the adults and her tentacles pulled on by children.

In the events leading up to the accident, Ha-ni stops a young boy from helping himself to endless samples. His mother comes running and yells at Ha-ni for giving him snacks…he’s allergic and covered in hives.

Ha-ni’s manager (cameo by Jo Han-chul) later gushes that she must’ve been startled by the situation and agrees that it’s not their fault. However, the customer is always right so the manager puts on a show lamenting that he’ll be fired soon…the mom will sue Joa Confectionary. He says he’ll go beg for forgiveness but when Ha-ni asks which hospital they’re at, he happily tasks her with visiting them to apologize instead.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/02/hello-its-me-episode-1/

• Like 3

Hello, newbie on this thread :)

Just watched ep 3, glad that i decided to give this drama a chance. Because from the title i supposed it's a slice of life or healing drama (aside from the romance) 

Ep 1 - 2 is hard to watch, especially about her dad and Ep 3 confirm the fate of hani's dad. Furthermore i really really feel annoyed with the teenage hani for her blabbering and reckless action that burden mature hani more. 

But at ep 3, the teenage hani's reedem her action, she gave courage for MHani to stand for herself. So satisfied watching hani scold her pretentious manager and finally we got some smiles from her

And the loanshark, i think they are a good guys...it's unexpected of them to help Mhani, previously i think they'll bait her for borrowing money  

The shaman also intriguing, will he really now how to get THani back? 

• Like 2

Oh no now Ha Young knows! Hope she doesn't give both Ha Nis a hard time. I really like the present Ha Ni's attitude. Ugh her teenage self is so whiny. But I guess that's how most teens are. I'm glad that Yu Hyeon paid back.

The childhood connection again LoL? So Ha Ni was sort of Yu Hyeon's first love eh. And Anthony has a crush on her too. Though he'd be shocked to find out that he bought secondhand goods from the kid he used to bully.

Who knew thugs could be so kind LoL? I think they'd drag out until ep. 13-14 before the present Ha Ni will part ways with her teen self. In between the 2 would learn to forgive and understand each other better. It seem to be headed in that direction. Yea I guess you can say it's pretty predictable at this point.   

• Like 2

“Hello, Me!” Sees Rise In Ratings As “Sisyphus: The Myth” Holds On To Lead

a2f7a5d50d284d43aa11e84a17c9ee09.jpeg?s=

Feb 25, 2021
by C. Hong

KBS’s “Hello, Me!” saw a rise in ratings this week, while JTBC’s “Sisyphus: The Myth” took a slight dip.

“Hello, Me!” recorded average nationwide ratings of 3.2 and 5.1 percent. This is a new personal best for the drama and also the first time that the drama has surpassed 5 percent in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456283wpp/hello-me-sees-rise-in-ratings-as-sisyphus-the-myth-holds-on-to-lead

• Like 3