[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Don Yu

@cheekychipmunk_stv netizens’ opinion aren’t as valid as they think they are and some of them are biased or whatever. Don’t let it bother you. I think the show will speak for itself and attract viewers if it is good and entertaining. I just hope the pace picks up again since 10 - 12 were very slow.

@omiki I agree with your suspicions 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@omiki

In ep 1, the master told LG that her whole family was massacred by the king (current crown prince) ...they are all trained to assassinate him instead of Premier Lu who is most likely the one who did the killing. I find the master a bit too shady too. 

Spoiler

@omiki 

Why do you think the girls were switched? Why do you think that the bracelet is switched?

A-nu herself said she is looking for her parents.

I hope the 6th Prince will not turn into a bad guy. 

The Crown Prince has to pretend be incompetent to Premier Lu or else he will be killed off too. The 6th Prince too. So 6th Prince should understand. 

welcome new peeps^^!!! Love reading your comments and thoughts; please keep sharing them.

Just saw EP 11, and I love how FL has become soft for ML, aww that hug she gives him running towards his arms^^. She's trusting him and opening up to him^^. I also hope 6th Prince won't turn evil, I like his character---How he's kind, even though he's young and irrational sometimes----but his intentions are good. OMG that evil sister is the worst!!!! Her pretentious and smirking face is so annoying!!! I really wanna slap her and knock some sense into her! IT was nice to see LiGe scaring her and teaching her a lesson towards the end of EP11 :). I love seeing our OTP becoming closer and understanding of each other, they're now buddies^^. Though I am looking forward to the wedding and the misunderstanding! 

The show is okay so far, but I agree with other poster, that they seem to make this FL strong, but in the end she is still a damsel in distress and needs to be saved by the ML or other male.   I also don’t understand why Anu need to sacrifice herself, couldn’t they all have escaped?

I think FL is the real Shen daughter, she shifu is the adopted Shen daughter’s father.  And I know the ML said that the 6th prince mother took care of him and his mother, but I think she probably have something to do with her death. 

2 hours ago, AnmeiX2 said:

The show is okay so far, but I agree with other poster, that they seem to make this FL strong, but in the end she is still a damsel in distress and needs to be saved by the ML or other male.   I also don’t understand why Anu need to sacrifice herself, couldn’t they all have escaped?

I think FL is the real Shen daughter, she shifu is the adopted Shen daughter’s father.  And I know the ML said that the 6th prince mother took care of him and his mother, but I think she probably have something to do with her death. 

I also find it odd when A'Nu sacrificed herself; but I also think that was needed or else all of them couldn't have escaped.

The FL here is written strong, although there are some parts where she needs help, but at least it's not too overbearing like the typical damsel in distress plot.

And good, 6th Prince was acting; I really hope he keeps using Evil Lu so he can help ML and FL. I like how fierce LiQin challenged her expressions; she looks fierce when she go all female badass mode :)~ Looking fore more episodes, and plot development!

I found these videos on YouTube about future episodes:

Episodes 13-14-15-16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irOVnv84gyA

Episodes 15-16-17-18 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6xpQ5yc5ds

Episodes 17-18-19-20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9us1MvavltE

Episodes 19-20-21-22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHGs3yoJkg

Episodes 21-22-23-24 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwymbEPSpE

Enjoy!

20 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Reveal hidden contents

@omiki 

Why do you think the girls were switched? Why do you think that the bracelet is switched?

A-nu herself said she is looking for her parents.

Spoiler

Mrs Shen seemed very sure when she met Li Ge for the first time. Of course, one may say that she’s desperate because she’s been searching for her for so long and the bracelet was proof. But I think it is a mother’s instinct. 

Btw I like the actress that plays Mrs Shen - she’s got a gentle aura, yet shows her strong side when her family is faced with a crisis. She plays that character well, and her facial expressions are good.

Spoiler

I have a feeling that Lige is really the lost Shen daughter too. I think Shifu found Lige and A’Nu around the same time and someone or circumstance switched the bracelet on purpose - giving it to A’Nu. 

So I watched episode 13-14 and it was cute to see the ML and FL getting more closer with each other. I cannot believe Lu Yuan is about to get off the hook after being captured by Crown Prince Liu Yikang after the careful trap of Li Ge.  But at the end of episode 14 it looks like Lu Yuan will not be imprison because the Crown Prince does not want to involve the Sixth Prince, who had to help Lu Yuan after Sixth Prince asked for the poison antidote for Li Ge in episode 11.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:00 AM, Don Yu said:

There is action in almost each episode. I am surprised of this. That is Awesome!!!

first saw her in Joy of Life...

and now this..

shes dances well...very pleasing to the eyes...

;-)

and i really like wuxia+xianxia+and all actions...

hoping this drama is worth the watch..

Just wondering from episode 9, if Madam Shen found Li Ge’s poison bracelet and put it back on her daughter’s wrist, shouldn’t she be poison too? After all, the Second Miss Shen refused to touch the bracelet when she woke up in her room and saw it laying close by her, saying it was poisonous. 

@MK916  Hmmm I don’t remember the exact but I think at the beginning of ep 9

Spoiler

the bracelet was not yet poisonous. I think it became poisoned when Lige went to the mines and fought with Lu Yuan, specifically when she was holding those big chains (it poisoned her and some of it got on the bracelet then or that some chemical reaction happened lol. The show implied that mining process was poisonous. Or this theory is mine is wrong and the bracelet was poisoned from the get go but maybe it took time to seep into the wearer - they could have made it clearer because you are right - it is not making sense lol. Little sis knew because Lu Yuan told her. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong for anyone watching it up to this point.

What I recall is the bracelet fell off during a fight and it was brought to Lu Yuan after that. LY soaked it in a bowl of poison then asked Le Qing’s Uncle to either sneak it back to the Shen Mansion, or pass it to Le Qing to perhaps ‘accidentally find it’ somewhere. When Mrs Shen put it back on Li Ge’s wrist, she commented that Li Ge was careless and did not know she had lost her belongings ... something like that. 

I think the poison didn’t work immediately, maybe took a few days for the poison to seep through the skin. Le Qing reacted that way probably because her Uncle must have told her about it.

Just finished ep 13 and the ML is growing on me and he finally had this episode to himself. Prince Jing Ling is too naive too. He has bad handwriting/calligraphy lol it was pretty shaky!

I will watch and type my thoughts as I go. I have caught up to all the episodes with English subs. 

Ep 14

Spoiler

I take it back Prince Jing Ling is stupid and ugh the noble idiocy trope needs to be banned from now on lol. Yes we get he did it to save Lige but I still don’t understand why he can’t fight and say Lu Yuan tricked him and work with his bro. They are Princes!!!

Queen Mother is always too dramatic and now we have Lu Yuan’s father being overly dramatic too. They both are gonna meddle big time now. Like one minute she hates Lu Yuan for implicating her son and then boom, the next she is already plotting with him again. Ugh. I get they are family but remembers that we have to have a way for the bad guy to get away because it is only ep 14. This is why sometimes I have not fond of long dramas because of plot drags. I swear how many royal ladies in Cdrama do protests by trying to commit suicide?!? The ultimate palace theme Cdrama guilt trip and manipulation  - let me die if you don’t  XXXXX. 

:saitama:

What have been loving these past episodes are the ivory and off white costumes for Prince PC. They are so beautiful with the ink brush paintings. I also like Lige’s different looks, especially the hair up look when she bought the buns to Prince PC. Yes at our OTP bonding - it is obvious now that they both like each other. My favorite scene is when Lige called him out for giving LY too much power lol. But I am ready for the wedding or the truth reveal already!!!

Ep 15 

Spoiler

Ahh so the Lu father takes the blame for his son and yep, he took his own life or was it implied that his family made him do it to protect the ‘family’?!? LY is too arrogant and why does he think they are the all powerful ones?! He does really have the perfect bad guy aura. 

Ah! The mysterious zither and wine lady is LY’s little sister!!! I was waiting to see who she would be and didn’t guess she would be a member of this family.

Wait this makes her a direct cousin to Prince Jing Ling that she likes because Queen Mom is her aunt. I can already see Queen Mother pushing her as a bride candidate for her favorite son. 

:rainbow:

Finally - the Shen family is reunited and oh wait Qing is still there too. 

At least we are now moving on with the story...

Ep 16

Spoiler

Oh unexpected that Lige‘a senior assassin brother crosses path and saves LY’s little sis. She has a heart condition! and ah he is gonna fall for her. This show’s love relationship chart is getting complicated lol

:crazily:

hmmmm I forgot but does Prince PC know that Lige is the oldest Shen daughter that he is engaged too? I don’t think so right? Their date was cute. 

Finally the wedding is coming- but not really because Lige has to get her palace training first. Which means the wedding and identity reveal won’t come until like episode 25 or 30 lol. Shifu is plotting already. Finally Lige is asking important questions about the revenge. 

ohhh Shen family really shipped Qing off to be married. But whattttt she is going to out right kill people now and boom is she gonna run away now?!? Good cliff hanger ending. 

Ep 17

Spoiler

Qing goes straight to LY and ask him to be his minion lol - 

OHHH Lige tells PPC everything - like allllll- but he is drunk!!! Too bad they didn’t make it like he understood everything - now that would have been a great plot twist. 

So now we go into ‘inner court of the palace’ type of plot. Lots of ladies schemings....

It was nice to see Lige put that servant lady in her place. At least we have a strong heroine.

I can’t believe Qing is now a servant in the palace and yet she expects to be treated differently than others. I’m glad that the Princess Consort is smart and can tell that Qing will be problematic. 

YET she don’t do enough to prevent Qing’s spread of gossip and bribes - I hope the Princess Consort is prepared.

She doesn’t even know her own personal maid is corrupted!

Ep 18

Spoiler

All the ‘hide and seek’ scenes in the palace are getting my hopes up that Lige will realize that Qing is in the palace and that her ‘old man’ is the PPC. At least it seems Lige will get along with the Princess Consort. 

Wahhh another poison sabotage by Qing. Pfff.

Well at least I know next episodes should be good.

Episode 13 (which I watched a 3rd party video), is really choppy. Scenes aren't well-edited, and flow is bad.

Is it really like that, or just the 3rd party video have some missing scenes?

Archived