15 hours ago, miracle23 said:

Perhaps Minha had a chance given that she still has no sunset scene with Shyeong but I hope if ever it happened, they are no longer working in the same hospital or in direct supervision with each other.

Yeah I feel like they need to decide to move to a different hospital if that’s to happen.  Even with IJ and Jang.  It’s too complicated otherwise?  Could be why ChiHong is no longer around in S2 because of all the ruckus he raised at the NS dinner.  But this is KDrama, not sure if LeeShin will take that into consideration.  ChiHong will return with a cameo for SeonBin?  :lol:  I think they will time jump forward a year.  And leave the resolutions for all the potentials they raised at the end of S2 till the final reveal.  Hopefully with PressCon, we will get a firmer idea as to whether S3 is still being planned or if they’ve decided to move on from HP and end it with S2.

I am anticipating lots of flashbacks though?  What went down in Hawaii?  Who gave SHwa the first pair of shoes?  The ex-wives story for SH and IJ?  SH’s relationship with his deceased sister?  

And JWon’s reference to 88Light cigarettes from the past?  This guy - he had the girl’s heart :wub:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The men in SongHwa’s life.  And her “framed” response (thanks PD Shin for being so deliberate) - cr midoring tumbler - Flower Gardeners are such a creative bunch.       First IkJoo

Flower (SongHwa) Garden (JeongWon)     Welcome to the ark of Chae SongHwa and Ahn JeongWon (Hospital Playlist) A place where we are patiently (and painstakingly) building

All of Shin’s (his name means god ) final pairings from Lee’s works have had “marriage” slipped into their script lines.   Reply 1997 Reply 1988   Hospital Playlis

:lol:...so Shin told us what he really thinks of “love at first sight” in the BTS.  Is that a surprise for FGrs?  No. :lol:  We knew LeeShin were building on the Disney Princess trope.  If he can’t stand it, then the chances of it unraveling swings in our favor!  Honestly it really means other ships will have nothing to complain about when he sets FG to sail in the foreground.  He’s given everyone enough hints along the way.

cr https://youtu.be/B_TC3rt_WbA

spacer.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13z1INmgOc3qutogB6RMAfrErU9WtZZ0OmcadYs8r2jM/

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/117/0003504289

Same base... same rhythm... :lol:.  Our rhythm section is humming along magnificently.  Stay on target.  Locked in from the start.  

It does sound like we’re getting more into the thought processes of doctors and their struggles.  Exploring their “humanness”.  They make mistakes.  They doubt themselves.  They have moments of weaknesses.  They experience differences of opinions with fellow doctors.  How will they navigate that?  Not long to wait now. :)

• Like 2

Follow the eyes. From Left to right. :please:

spacer.png

I made this highlight of Kulgaksu scene just for fun while waiting for 2nd season. #flowergarden #hospitalplaylist

• LOL 1

Warning: long post ahead

Hello there! I've been a lurker in this forum and in your sister blog for a couple of months now. I'm not Team IkSong/WinterGarden, but I'm not 100% Team FlowerGarden yet. That's why it took me some time to make a post.

Tbh, I'm Team ShinLee. Lol! I mean, I'm siding on whoever their endgame is because I trust that the duo creates beautiful stories. And based on my watch and re-watches of HP, I am still not convinced with the IkSong/WinterGarden love lines. I could go on and on about the many reasons why, but most of them you guys already covered. On the other hand, I keep noticing the subtle cues between SHwa and JW. That's when I decided to google if anyone thinks the same way as I do. Alas! I found this forum page and your sister blog. My theories coupled by your theories honestly make more sense than those of the shippers'.

I wasn't planning on making a post/comment. I only planned on being a lurker originally. But when I pointed out some of my discoveries about JW and SHwa in a diff forum, a commenter easily went all mean and negative on me. OP and I were only having good fun with the details we noticed and our theories about them. We weren't even dissing any character or fandom. But this commenter (probably a toxic IkSong/WinterGarden shipper) was quick to comment that our points were flawed and incorrect. I mean, we still don't have season 2. Hence, they're called THEORIES. Everyone is free to make his own theories/assumptions, right?

It makes me so mad that I can't openly have a healthy discussion with these clues and theories with other fans because the shippers are so toxic. And that's why I decided to finally join your discussion, because I know my thoughts are welcome.

• Like 3

@BulmaGoku you are making me cry TT....  I honestly feel so bad for them. They both deserve so much better than that lousy ending in S1. Gosh, buckle up dear heart! 12 more episodes to go. We got this! The final reveal of the first love that matters to Lee Woo Jung. The first love that only FG have embedded in their description. Let's go facts!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Yoga Unnie said:

Everyone is free to make his own theories/assumptions, right?

It makes me so mad that I can't openly have a healthy discussion with these clues and theories with other fans because the shippers are so toxic. And that's why I decided to finally join your discussion, because I know my thoughts are welcome.

Exactly.  When HP1 first started and I was posting in the main thread, I kept getting shouted down and shunned.  Everybody there insisted I was a FGr because I was dreaming it all up…hence they claimed I was a shipper and they weren’t.  :lol:  So I obliged and created this shipping thread so I could freely post without having someone jump down my throat every time.  Not that they haven’t tried.  They’ve even come here on more than one occasion to tell me off?  How dense can you be?  Thank goodness the mods here reined them in.  They have plenty of other places they can post (their own respective shipping threads AND the main HP thread), they don’t need to post here.  My belief is that they have very little “theories” or clues of their own, so they seek to tear down our theories so that they can feel good about themselves?  I know many of them come here to lurk and read and then rant on social media or in their private huddles about me (and those in BoD)

9 hours ago, Yoga Unnie said:

Tbh, I'm Team ShinLee. Lol! I mean, I'm siding on whoever their endgame is because I trust that the duo creates beautiful stories.

That’s who I am too :lol:.  And definitely Packmule3 (from BoD) is.  She doesn’t ship couples.  She ships scripts.  Well written ones.  But FG is what LeeShin have built up as a story hence by default I am a FGr.  There’s just way too many clues (I keep finding more and more as I extend my watches to all their Reply series).  The extent they’ve gone to utilize motifs and metaphors across their dramas is astounding.  I am in awe.  It’s deliberate, intentional.  I think that’s why the argument that they would bow to public opinion about who should end up with who doesn’t hold water.  They are artists.  They love what they do.  It’s uniquely theirs - this particular style of writing/directing.  They will not depart from it.  If the final reveal causes a ruckus then so be it. :lol:  They have succeeded in pulling the wool over the majority’s eyes.  Elevating them to legend status when it comes to practical jokes.  It makes them work even harder in their next project to do the same again.  Will the public return for their next offering?  Of course they would.  You see it time and time again.  People who come back to watch even when they’ve been burnt multiple times in the past.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

@miracle23 @nrllee please forgive me if I will be slow in participating in your discussions here and in your sister blog. I am a new kdrama fan and obviously new to the world of online discussions. But I am excited to be a part of this group! I've been reading your posts, even the google docs ones. I am so amazed by everyone's observations! Also kudos to ShinLee duo for making beautiful and intricate dramas.

In one of my posts in the diff forum, I said that we should expect the unexpected with ShinLee and that the obvious should not be trusted. Because that's their style! In my experience watching (and re-watching) HP, Reply 1988, and Prison Playbook, I was always pleasantly surprised with every reveal. They deliberately withhold information from the viewers, but small clues (which I don't have an eye for discovering lol) are there. But the toxic commenter said that HP is different from Reply 1988. THAT WAS NOT MY POINT!! *eye roll*

Yes I agree they are different, but their style of storytelling is the same! For all we know, JW could even enter priesthood by end of season 2 (kissing =/= marriage). SHwa could marry a new character we have yet to meet. There are endless possibilities, FG endgame included!!! Otherwise, why bother making a season 2, right? Lol

Looking forward to more discussions with you guys :)

Edited by Yoga Unnie
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

@Yoga Unnie exactly.  I’ve had people telling me LeeShin won’t recycle Reply series here.  And that this is the Wise Living Series.  Of which Prison Playbook was the first.  So HP should follow the same as PP with love lines.  No surprises.  But they forget that PP was written by someone else.  The writer of Racquet Boys (interesting to see if he puts in a guess the pairing there).  Plus the backdrop of PP was an all male prison.  It would be highly unnatural to explore different love lines there.  In that scenario, it was always going to be if the loveline established from the beginning would survive the incarceration?  HP has no such constraints.  And writer Lee is back on board.  And you’re right in PP that the clues are there as well but different.  Shin obviously had his hand in building tensions within the prison scenarios…where a threat looms large…and it’s circumvented by cleverness on the part of the ML.  The clues were all there.  You just had to look hard.

As for not using the Reply series as templates, the whole of HP is littered with references?  Why bother if they didn’t want to use it as a template?  The cameos.  The golden turtle reference.  I could go on and on…  Have you watched R94 with YYS?  If you haven’t, this is a big clue that they used the football game at the end as a template for their story in HP.  The metaphors are all there.  It’s undeniable.  They even used the same actors.  YS and Sung DongIl. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q5WlVbHEcwsTyAp1166ykzMo-W899QB5AVSndOUhSGg/

Don’t apologize about being a newbie.  Ask lots of questions.  It’s about the learning.  Everyone learns together.  I have learnt heaps.  I would not have noticed as much as I have without the help of others who’ve seen something that I missed.  They found the dots.  And I just managed to join some of them.  It really is the fun of it that counts. :lol:

• Like 1

@nrllee I haven't watched Reply 94. I'm still mustering up the strength to do so because I heard there's a second lead syndrome. I don't want another Reply heartbreak!!! Haha! Also, I can't stand Go Ara. Not dissing her or anything, sorry if I offend her fans, but there's something about her that I don't enjoy watching. But my sister told me everything about Reply 94, so I know enough to understand your discussions. :)

LOL at ShinLee recycling actors! What a fun easter egg for the fans! I especially enjoyed the cameo of Taek's dad and Sunwoo's mom. Even Taek's dad's character in PP made a reference to Bogum!

Side note: I enjoyed PP so much!!! Such an underrated show! Tbh, I was bored in the first few eps. But once I got attached, aaaahhhhh I love all the characters!!! It is a great showcase of what it means to be human. <3

When I find the time later, I'll make a post about some of my HP theories/ observations which I think haven't been discussed, at least not in the protected posts :)

• Like 2

@Yoga Unnie not everyone can stomach the narrative in R94. I stayed solely for the melo YYS. I dont care about OTP. They were obviously endgame by end of Ep. 1. I don't get the need for husband hunting game lmao. It was sooooo obvious who she likes and that ain't gonna change unless he died hahahahhaha. Kdrama trope 101 - unless her first love is a total jack*** or dead, main girl will stick with her first love = endgame. Why bother finding unnecessary clues. :joy:

See, HP is everything about ShinLee's past projects. I have watched all except some mid episodes of R88 which I will need to return to if I feel the need too. This is what I deduced from HP:

1. They carried over the "31 Dec 1999 as year of separation" remarks from R1997 and its similar anecdotes in R1994 to base the timing for HP i.e. the 99ers. 1999 is where main OTPs in R97 and R94 started to draw apart before they reunited again. Again, winter of 1999. It is the "winter" if you get what I mean. Not that winter, that is all surface and no depth.

In R97, we have a fangirl climbing over her idol's house to confess to him, crying saying she liked him. Guess what he did? He rubbed her head and asked her, "Love?" with a smirk on his face. Later it was told he asked her not to come to his house again. Lmao. Watch it and you will see the resemblance. Stalkerish fangirl = big no. Not healthy.

2. Rewrite and mashups the characteristics and stories of the main leads in R94, then use these mix ingredients to create basis for the characters and story of the MAIN LEADS (emphasised) in HP. Of course, some supporting roles have a bit of referencing as well. ShinLee love to troll *shrug*

R94 Redux Part 1

R94 Redux Part 2

3. Use their refined husband hunting technique from R88 whereby the husband was kept in the dark, in the background while the other guy aka the baseball guy took center stage. I knew he won't be the one because of how he treated her. That is a big red flag for me. Don't know why many find that romantic. It is downright demeaning. 

4. Use the background of prison playbook as inspiration to create the background for HP i.e. PP is the story of inmates in a selected prison vs HP is a story of medical staff in a selected Hospital. Just like PP, HP aka the Yulje hospital has it main owner who is the main character in the whole building. He is the owner, why would he not be the main OTP lol. Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 kicked start with introduction of the Main OTP. That is as obvious as you can get with ShinLee byproducts. You do not need to wait until Ep. 12 to get it. That is just simply feign ignorance and full ego at play because you ignore what they have been trying to tell from the VERY beginning.

Inspiration from PP

So,  if lurkers have nothing better to do than talk bulls about FGrs and put words in our mouths, I suggest you go and finish your homework on ShinLee's projects until you get them. Never in any of ShinLee main OTPs that they did not care for each other. Never did they try to change their partners. They ACCEPTED their partners as is, without measure and they respected, understood, cared for, trusted and leaned on their partners from beginning till end. That is your biggest clue. Demeaning acts, selfish acts, treating the girl as possession, inconsiderate of her needs, thoughts and whole being is a formula for failure. 

12 more episodes to go... no need to expect new things but only for the base story to grow deeper. We'll see what they have in store for us. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, miracle23 said:

I honestly feel so bad for them. They both deserve so much better than that lousy ending in S1.

IKR....the more I rewatched these sequences, the more I realized, whoever character  who imagine/dream/delusioning that kissing  is completely delusional.   I suspect three people actually : Ik Jun, Rosa or Maggot. 

11 hours ago, miracle23 said:

buckle up dear heart! 12 more episodes to go. We got this! The final reveal of the first love that matters to Lee Woo Jung. The first love that only FG have embedded in their description. Let's go facts!

Let's holding hands. We will get through this. In Shin PD and writer LWJ we trust. :approves:

43 minutes ago, miracle23 said:

not everyone can stomach the narrative in R94

True. I am not a big fan of R94. I am in  EP 6, and I will continue just for the sake of comparing it with others Shin PD works. I can understand why many audience prefer Chilbong than Trash. Personally, I am not comfortable seeing NaJung-Trash relation...it looks like incest to me because they are so close like bro-sis I have a hard time to imagine them in romantic relationship. There are some scenes when they were together that make me really uncomfortable.  But I can't really appreciate Chilbong's attitude as well.  

• Like 3