Quantcast

Episode 4.

Unnie Always STATES the Truth....She side hugged Both the Boys and DECLARED HAVE I GONE TO HEAVEN , how come there are 2 Cute Boys standing Beside Me...OMo...TRUTH TRUTH.

This is one Love Triangle episode 4, I am not sure who am I shipping more.Lol..Maybe Suho Seojoon Together.

I am much like IJG IRL , please stop fighting over me.You are both Morona Kids whatever.

Suho is Too Intense , He doesnt Talk, he doesnt share things, The Guy needs to TALK!! And Why is he ALWAYS ANGRY?

Seojoon is a Naughty Kid , not bad appears Snarky.Has a Great Voice.

And Both have a Heart of GOLD.

I feel Seojoon Knows Suho Likes IJG but since they are Disconnected Now and IJG clearlg Declared No dating with Suho, Seojoon even if Likes Her should be on his Own Accord not anything Else.

But IMO IJG is a Kid exploring and Not ready to Recieve the Intensity Suho Offers, He like collecting Her things, He acts Aloof is Hyper Alert Around her.To get the same Intensity from Her is a bit difficult.That will Lead to Mishap.

Both Are Heartbroken over their Friends Death...Judging by the looks of it, their Friend was a Idol who comitted suicide due to Bullying?? And Suhos Father is Somehow Involved in all This.

Unnie ROCKS and Her Episode ended up Snatching the Soul out of Poor Suho, One sister Smacks her Makeup on His Coat and other sister Pukes over it.

To top it off His Lip gets Injured in the same place all the time.

The Fight was Good.I just want to Know what Makeup does IJG use? Its Waterproof, Sweatproof,PollutionProof and Maybe now Smudgeproof? And Her hair never gets entagled as well Lol.

Also one point made me a Bit mad...If IJG never wore Skirts or had any Makeup experience before , how was she so comfortable in Walking in Heels throughtout the Town? that too Stilletoes.AISSHHH Nevermind.

Episode still had HEIRS 2.0 Moment with Double Hand Grab But Alas, this is One dine Love triangle where Unnie and Me who are both around 30 are fawning over 2 Boys imaginging in Heaven Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone mentioned how unrealistic this show was having all these guys fighting over her or showing interest. I think that that is the whole point. When you have a story and this is a story not a docud

True Beauty Ep 1 & 2 Review:   Themes: I really loved how they addressed the topics of bullying, suicide, pretty priviledge, hate comments about celebrities because these are very real i

Park Yoo-na as Sujin. She has such a loveable face to me lol I can't picture her as a villain.  I was reading in an article that she will become close friends with Suho.   Granted it was tra

Loving this drama so much!

MGY is such a good actress. I didn't know her before this drama, but I'm definitely going to follow her career from now on. 

CEW has improved a lot. He is able to keep up with MGY.

Can't wait for the next episodes. 

P.S.

At the end of Episode 2, where CEW walks towards MGY to cover her with his jacket, the background music is so lovely. Do we know if it's actually going to be a song or just instrumentals? 

• Like 3

Originally I had no plans to watch this, I thought it looked boring and I normally don't like high school dramas, but my ugly self felt empathy reading about the FL so I decided to give it a try! I think if I was watching it all at once, I'd get bored, but it's a fun watch two episodes a week. I love the FL, her hobbies are refreshing and unique for k-drama land, and I relate to her awkwardness. I know there’s no point rooting for the second lead, but to me Seo-jun has much more charisma and presence than Suho. (I know the whole point is that Suho's personality is reserved, but sometimes I feel like I’m just watching an attractive statue! Plus I'm over the whole "cold mean boy who's unkind to people BUT WAIT he has a sad backstory!" trope.) Also, Seo-jun has much better chemistry with Ju-gyeong. Already bracing myself for second lead syndrome! 

42 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

But Jugyeong and Suho having a childhood connection has my rolling my eyes to the sky. 

Yeah, I really dislike that cliche. 9/10 times it's just so cheesy and unnecessary.

• Like 4

@softestfairy

IKR? 

Well then again what's a K-Drama without the cliched childhood connection right LoL? Though isn't it weird Su Ho didn't make the connection sooner? I mean according to the guy who runs the comic rental place Su Ho's been there for past decade.. did Ju Gyung and him not recognise each other or Idk LoL.

@kehrite

Mte. Also I want to add In Yeop is just a better actor (sorry Astro/Cha Eun Woo fangirls!) He just has more personality as well (Seo Joon) 

LoL at "attractive statue" LMFAo! So true. I got chewed out by Eun Woo's fans over that geez.:unamused:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Yeah, I am going to continue to watch this as i like it very much.  Even though it gave me MIIGB vibes,  when i continued to watch, it kinda looks different now.   I started watching this for CEW but now i am in for the second ML HIY.  I like him more with IJK.  SH stalking IJK to the movie theater is so out of his character and i dont like their way of love flow.  Usual troupe of childhood connection,  feel so old.   I feel Seo Jun and IMK 's day to day interactions are very natural.  But i dont know how he will react when he see the original face of IJK.  Hope he dont disappoint us viewers.  

Hehe "attractive statue" nice term.  :joy:.  But i think CEW has improved a lot from MIIGB days as his character DKS is reserved and stiff there.  Here too its the same, but added some variations in LSH.  Lets see how the drama proceed in the coming weeks.  

OMG!!! The family members and feuds of IJK is so funny and just enjoy each and every one of them.  Cute!!!!

Any idea about the ratings in SK????? is it doing well?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@softestfairy

IKR? 

Well then again what's a K-Drama without the cliched childhood connection right LoL? Though isn't it weird Su Ho didn't make the connection sooner? I mean according to the guy who runs the comic rental place Su Ho's been there for past decade.. did Ju Gyung and him not recognise each other or Idk LoL.

@kehrite

Mte. Also I want to add In Yeop is just a better actor (sorry Astro/Cha Eun Woo fangirls!) He just has more personality as well (Seo Joon) 

LoL at "attractive statue" LMFAo! So true. I got chewed out by Eun Woo's fans over that geez.:unamused:

In Yeop is indeed a better actor. LOL. And has such a great personality that seems to come through his Seo Joon character. Still obsessing over CEW and his Lee Soo Ho, though. Hehe.

Btw, is it just me or is Im Joo Kyung's family just too dismissive of what she feels and of how she sees herself? My heart just broke for her the whole time. I felt like there just isn't enough of a support system for her at home. I wonder how the story would resolve/address that situation. 

• Like 3

On 12/19/2020 at 5:09 AM, madmad min said:

Unnie Always STATES the Truth....She side hugged Both the Boys and DECLARED HAVE I GONE TO HEAVEN , how come there are 2 Cute Boys standing Beside Me...OMo...TRUTH TRUTH.

so true what jukyung unnie said, I laughed so hard, they are like angel right. 

this drama has perfect casts. at first I think suho/ eunwoo is too perfect, many said that he is beyond "very handsome", when I see it seems like suho like jukyung's when she's ugly I immediately like him and rooting him with jukyung (he is cold with pretty girls but with average/ugly jukyung he's nicer). 

but after I see more seojun's scene with jukyung I'm starting to like seojun with jukyung too. moon ga yeong has good chemistry with both of them. and I love to see how both of them are fighting over for jukyung (for now though cause it looks funny but some of viewers may find it annoying..)

I read a bit of the webtoon, some stories are different (like how suho knows jukyung=jubal, sujin) seojun in webtoon is very hot( think seojun in webtoon's face looks like zico but looks like in yeop too especially the hair). in webtoon story, two guy will be friend again and both guy fall very hard and they love jukyung so much that makes it hard to choose though.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Rainydays said:

this drama has perfect casts. at first I think suho/ eunwoo is too perfect, many said that he is beyond "very handsome", when I see it seems like suho like jukyung's when she's ugly I immediately like him and rooting him with jukyung (he is cold with pretty girls but with average/ugly jukyung he's nicer). 

but after I see more seojun's scene with jukyung I'm starting to like seojun with jukyung too. moon ga yeong has good chemistry with both of them

I think it was somehow made a very Noticeable Plot Point. Suho was intrested in Im Ju Bal the teen girl with Pimples, not Im Ju Gyeong the Teen Goddess. But Looking at how Seojoon is adapted, he is not someone to fall for a Diva either, he is more onto People's REAL Self than Selfie Self , besides he like how stupid and funny IJG acts and now how airheaded people are around her. Her classmates may differ but neither of Guys fell for her Beauty but her as a person.

IJG on the other hand I feel is a bit over cautious around Suho, where all he does is INTENSE gaze eyes around her. This is in character for them both I agree, but for me I feel IJG is at ease with Seojoon rather than Suho because she considers Suho as her savior whereas she considers Herself as Seojoon's saviour thus having an upper hand! Now when a girl with her insecurity level manages to get a level up , she will feel a bit at ease and not RUN away every time. Seojoon and IJG gel better due to that.

The only way to make her feel at ease with Suho is to MAKE him talk. He is too reserved and IJG won't get the hints unless explicitly stated. Seojoon blurts the things as is. That makes it easier for them.

On acting part , No doubt MGY is best (her voice pitch is annoying though) , HIY is good while he does all snarky gestures (which reminds me too much of KWB somehow), his emotional portions needs brush Up. CEW is always angry, But his subtle Shocked expressions are places are spot On. CEW needs the most work to do but I feel it is his character specifics not him per say. Adonis needs Voice. Else the game and ship is clearly in Biker Male Lead. I for one refuse to call HIY SML because here both are very Prominent!! Unlike other shows.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, madmad min said:

On acting part , No doubt MGY is best (her voice pitch is annoying though) , HIY is good while he does all snarky gestures (which reminds me too much of KWB somehow), his emotional portions needs brush Up. CEW is always angry, But his subtle Shocked expressions are places are spot On. CEW needs the most work to do but I feel it is his character specifics not him per say. Adonis needs Voice. Else the game and ship is clearly in Biker Male Lead. I for one refuse to call HIY SML because here both are very Prominent!! Unlike other shows.

MGY is stunning. Her aesthetics are no joke, but I agree that her voice at times can be grating. Especially the whining part. Naturally, people don't usually have good voices when they whine, but in this drama it's used more often than not as part of her character. 

CEW feels stiff, but maybe due to the character he plays. I haven't seen him in another show. I did like it when the coldness dissipated somewhat as the episode showed more than in previous ones, of his story.

I like the scenes between HIY and MGY a lot, since there's more natural dialogue that isn't entirely whining/over-the-top exaggeration as there is between MGY and CEW. 

• Like 3

@flo_oni

I have more an issue with the way both her mom and younger brother act over her older sis and dad. Especially her mom ugh. I feel like she takes out her resentment toward Ju Gyung. I mean it was her choice to marry her husband for his looks right LoL? So why have regrets now!? You have 3 kids, like Idk make peace with it or something! The younger bro on the other is just acting out like any annoying sibling though still, he should be nicer to his sis.  

I wouldn't worry about Ju Gyung too much though. After all she's got 2 hotties fighting over her, that's enough support already LoL!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@Latte_Anyday Makes sense. You're right. It's really the mom. Could she be any harsher to Joo Kyung? "You're ugly and stupid!" Sheesh. 

Also, if there is one Korean trope I detest, it's the "let's still love our father even though he keeps borrowing money and lands the family in trouble." 

And, yes!!! Those two boys are going to boost her confidence quite a bit. Haha. Can't wait for (but also dread) the time HSJ starts to really like IJK. 

@madmad min I love how the story shows that ISH doesn't see IJK's "flaws". He begins rot like her because of how she's has been "there" for him. 

What I like about IJK is that she is actually never truly a doormat. Yes, she was bullied into doing things for those evil people in her old school, but it IMHO, she was doing that more because she wanted to make friends than because she was scared of them. Also, she speaks out. She expresses herself and is never truly intimidated by anyone and deals with ISH, HSJ, or anyone else, really, fairly equally. 

• Like 1

I am loving this drama so far.. Though, it is hard to choose, but I am more inclined towards Suho. He speaks less & may be intense, but his intention towards JK is pure. Seojun on other hand is too vague. I mean everything started for him when he knew Suho likes the girl. Also, if Suho is show as super intelligent, they are showing Seojun as stupid..

I am loving acting of all. A few are finding cew stiff, but I am actually enjoying his subtle emotions. May be I am not in exaggerating or over acting. I mean when Seojun & Suho were cleaning court, Seojun kept blaming, Suho didn't say a thing, but you see him holding a tear, teary eyes & defeated look. Same when Suho had flashback of Seojun calling him out coz of the friend's death, you could see him crying.

I m more eager to see Suho, Seojun backstory, their friendship thn old, lame love triangle. I hope they explore their friendship.

But applause to all 3 actors.

• Like 1

4 Moments From “True Beauty” That Made Viewers’ Hearts Skip A Beat

tvN’s “True Beauty” is already providing lots of exciting and romantic moments!

Based on a hit webtoon, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. After she meets Lee Su Ho (Cha Eun Woo), a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, they share each other’s secrets and learn to heal through love. Hwang In Yeob plays Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.

Below are some of the most heart-fluttering moments from the drama so far.

Spoilers

Lee Su Ho saves Lim Ju Gyeong

Lim Ju Gyeong, who is insecure about her appearance, accidentally got cake icing all over her face during a party at school, putting her in a situation where her classmates might see her bare face. In a panic, she tried to bolt to the restroom, only to be surrounded by her classmates. At this moment, Lee Su Ho came to her rescue; he put his jacket around Lim Ju Gyeong and led her through the hallway. The fact that Lee Su Ho had never given his attention to anyone else in the past made the scene even more meaningful.

Lim Ju Gyeong and Lee Su Ho share a secret

Lim Ju Gyeong thought that she had successfully hidden her bare face from Lee Su Ho and was planning to keep it a secret forever. However, Lee Su Ho was already aware of her secret. When they met the comic book store, he stood close to her and said, “In my eyes, you look like Lim Ju Gyeong,” as he untied her hair and took off her glasses. The proximity of the characters as they stared straight into each other’s eyes made viewers’ hearts beat even faster.

true-beauty14.jpg

Han Seo Jun provokes Lee Su Ho

Han Seo Jun believed that the death of his friend Jung Se Yeon (SF9‘s Chani) was Lee Su Ho’s fault, so seeing Lee Su Ho happy next to Lim Ju Gyeong angered him immensely. Without beating about the bush, he asked Lee Su Ho, “Do you like Lim Ju Gyeong?” When Lee Su Ho threw the question back at him, he responded, “Maybe I should,” with a confident smirk. The sparks flying between the two male leads added tension to the story.

Han Seo Jun makes a move on Lim Ju Gyeong

Lim Ju Gyeong was asked by Han Seo Jun’s mother to stop Han Seo Jun from riding his motorcycle. In an attempt to take his keys away from him, she kept lingering around him. He threw his keys for her to catch and said, “You told me not to ride the motorcycle. I’m only going to listen to you from today on.” He then leaned down to come to her eye level and showed her a sweet smile. Viewers are excited to see more of his straightforward ways of showing his interest in Lim Ju Gyeong.

In just two weeks, “True Beauty” delivered romantic scenes that made the viewers’ hearts skip a beat. The love triangle between Lee Su Ho, Han Seo Jun, and Lim Ju Gyeong has started gaining traction, raising anticipation for the upcoming episode that will air on December 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444411wpp/4-moments-from-true-beauty-that-made-viewers-hearts-skip-a-beat

• Like 4

I wasn't prepared for so much background, progress & foreshadowing in Episodes 3 & 4 but I'm liking loving it.  I love how Jugyeong is actually getting to socialize more because she's seems to be an outgoing personality - she just never had a chance to exercise it before.  She's so likable & empathetic.

I ship Jugyeong+Suho but I also like a good triangle.  Oh this triangle is painful.  On one hand you have Suho who quietly but unconditionally likes Jugyeong.  Like did he seriously up & walk out of a math competition in the name of jealousy?  And he likes her so much that he wants to kiss her lipstick imprint?!  Then you have "My Friend's Son" Seojun (I love that their moms are friends) who isn't romantically aware of Jugyeong, yet, but we know that's gonna happen because it has to with all that superb banter & chemistry between them.  Also, he thinks he's just going after her to annoy Suho but I'm greedily rubbing hands in anticipation of the moment he becomes aware of his attraction :love:.  I know Hwang In Yeop is gonna make that moment spectacular.  He's a good son so we know he'd be a good boyfriend.   No question, both guys didn't treat her properly to begin with but ... they're undeniably redeemable.

I know this is a function of "first-come-first-serve", but Suho likes everything (maybe not her study habits) about Jugyeong now so I guess that is why I prefer him (I'm certain Seojun would be the same tho).  Also, if Jugyeong was my daughter (friend, sister), I'd like a guy who can round her out her street & social smarts.  I'd like someone who will help her win against dolphins (referring to study group conversation :joy:).  

This one is creeping on slowly, but I'm beginning to want a additional ship -- Jugyeong+Jugyeong.  I want her to learn how to love herself as a make-up goddess and no-makeup horror comic enthusiast.

Regarding her family, I mostly like how they add to the comedy.  Mom should be less harsh but keeps on keeping on as the sole breadwinner.  Dad should be more prudent but rounds out mom's sharpness with his gentle parenting.  Sister not so sensitive but certainly a decent female role-model (I mean, career woman + goes after the(nice) guy she wants).  Little brother is mean sure but I don't see that he's so evil that he'll ruin Jugyeong's life, at least I hope that doesn't happen.  Not to overlook the problematic elements of this dynamic but I just observe that their sort of tough-it-out, roll-with-with-punches, go-get-it energy could be where Jugyeong learned to bounce back from (& maintain a sunny disposition) the life-long commentary & bullying of her looks.  It doesn't hurt to have a thicker skin maybe??  I'll give this to mom, coming out with the punishment of tickling toe-nail clips while saying "i love you" is parenting gold.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Moon Ga Young Is Unexpectedly Shocked By Hwang In Yeob In “True Beauty”

tvN’s “True Beauty” released new stills of Hwang In Yeob, Moon Ga Young, and Yeo Joo Ha!

Based on a hit webtoon, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young) who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. After she meets Lee Su Ho (ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo), a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, they share each other’s secrets and learn to heal through love.

Spoiler

In last week’s broadcast, Lim Ju Gyeong became closer to Han Seo Jun (Hwang In Yeob). Lim Ju Gyeong vigilantly kept an eye out for an opportunity to find Han Seo Jun’s weakness after his mother asked her to prevent him from riding his motorcycle. At the end of the episode, Han Seo Jun tossed the keys to his motorcycle to Lim Ju Gyeong and said, “You told me not to ride it. From now on, I’m only going to listen to what you say,” raising questions about the development of their relationship in the future.

The newly released image depicts Han Seo Jun coming out of the shower. In another still, Lim Ju Gyeong looks thoroughly shocked to the point that she is unable to close her mouth. Han Seo Jun is also frozen in place due to his unexpected encounter with Lim Ju Gyeong.

Hwang-In-Yeob_1.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Lim Ju Gyeong will visit Han Seo Jun’s house. The image captures her doing makeup on Han Seo Jun’s younger sister Han Go Woon (Yeo Joo Ha). Viewers are curious to find out why Lim Ju Gyeong is visiting Han Seo Jun’s house and what story will unfold from their shocking encounter.

Yeo-Joo-Ha-Moon-Ga-Young.jpg

Episode 5 of “True Beauty” will air on December 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444758wpp/moon-ga-young-is-unexpectedly-shocked-by-hwang-in-yeob-in-true-beauty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Watch: Moon Ga Young, Cha Eun Woo, And Hwang In Yeob Give A Tour Of The “True Beauty” Drama Set

Moon Ga Young, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, and Hwang In Yeob introduced the set of tvN’s “True Beauty”!

In a recent behind-the-scenes video, the three actors gave a tour of the set of Saebom High School. Moon Ga Young begins by pointing out the unique wallpaper at the school. Cha Eun Woo comments, “Honestly, when I saw it at first…” Moon Ga Young cuts him off and says, “You have to be careful of what you say,” and Hwang In Yeob adds for him, “It’s beautiful.” Cha Eun Woo avoids the topic and suggests, “Should we go to to the next room?”

The actors also bring attention to the detailed props used on set, such as the lunch schedule on the bulletin board. Moon Ga Young helps her on-screen classmates introduce themselves one by one as well. When Park Yoo Na joins her, the two talk about their characters’ friendship and share that Kang Min Ah is great at taking pictures of them.

Back in the classroom, Hwang In Yeob explains that he likes the corner seat the most because he can secretly doze off. Moon Ga Young and Cha Eun Woo tease Hwang In Yeob for being older than them when he talks about his school days. Together, Moon Ga Young and Cha Eun Woo also recite Saebom High School’s motto, “If you break it yourself, you’re a chick, but if someone else breaks it, you’re a fried egg,” but Hwang In Yeob doesn’t seem aware that they had a school motto.

The tour also reveals that the door to the girl’s bathroom and the door to the boy’s bathroom connects to the same room. Later, Hwang In Yeob picks Moon Ga Young’s action scene with cake in her face as one of the memorable scenes filmed at school, and Cha Eun Woo talks about how five men struggled to support Moon Ga Young during a certain wire scene. Moon Ga Young pretends to threaten Cha Eun Woo and adds, “I’ll take care of Su Ho (Cha Eun Woo) later.”

The tour ends with the three actors revealing that they’ll introduce other set locations, such as Lim Ju Gyeong’s (Moon Ga Young’s) house, in the future.

Watch the full video below:

The next episode of “True Beauty” will air on December 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444774wpp/watch-moon-ga-young-cha-eun-woo-and-hwang-in-yeob-give-a-tour-of-the-true-beauty-drama-set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림