My first time to post here

First I would really like to commend how Cha Eun Woo's acting really climb to the higher octave. I watched all his drama from Hit the Top to Rookie Historian Goo Hye Ryung and now True Beauty trust me when I say he did really evolved as a great actor. ( I like him more in Rookie Historian). Pointing out as a non fan actually but for some reason I found myself gushing over CEW.

I also read the webtoon and in my opinion True Beauty drama is way better then the webtoon because at least in the drama character development were very visible specially to Ju Gyeong. I am just a little disappointed how episode 15 spin off. They could have ended the love triangle when Ju Gyeong admitted to Seo Jun that she likes Su Ho or even when Su Ho and Seo Jun fought with the bullies to save Ju Gyeong right from there Seo jun saw how Ju Gyeong looked Su ho. ( Maybe because the writernim need to stretch the storie) anyway Seo Jun deserves to be happy and happy means finally letting go his one sided love. It's so obvious that Ju Gyeong never ever reciprocate any inkling feeling towards him. So I hope that episode 16 will be able to justify all the loose end. 

Su Ho has always been selfless, I cannot bear to imagine how he deal his pain during those two year wherein he doesnt have anyone because his father has been bedridden while Ju Gyeong she has her family, friends, and Seo Jun so I really do hope Su ho finally will get his deserve happiness.

Last episode tonight and it has been a roller coaster ride. 

Now playing Love So Fine by far one of the best OST I've ever heard. The song is so uplifting :)  

• Like 5
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone mentioned how unrealistic this show was having all these guys fighting over her or showing interest. I think that that is the whole point. When you have a story and this is a story not a docud

True Beauty Ep 1 & 2 Review:   Themes: I really loved how they addressed the topics of bullying, suicide, pretty priviledge, hate comments about celebrities because these are very real i

I had real fun watching the entire scene when their whole troop of friends visiting. They are really a bunch of loud and rowdy high school kids.    I came to realization a bit late but it w

1 hour ago, piluche said:

I don’t get it, why Lee pinning for your best friend’s girl? In the real world, they won’t be best friend no more. Body goes after their best friend’s girl openly like that. 

@pilucheI know right? I can only say, it is for drama’s sake. Drama can’t all be happy and lovey dovey. Always need some pain and suffering. And sadly, it’s always the second leads who suffer. 

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

But that scene at Namsan Peak was definitely a nod to the movie Sleepless In Seattle.

I agree! Love Sleepless in Seattle too!

59 minutes ago, cess4evah said:

Su Ho has always been selfless, I cannot bear to imagine how he deal his pain during those two year wherein he doesnt have anyone because his father has been bedridden while Ju Gyeong she has her family, friends, and Seo Jun so I really do hope Su ho finally will get his deserve happiness.

@cess4evah I was so heartbroken for Su Ho too. All alone and so far away from everyone else. It’s a miracle indeed that he survived the 2 years in the US. I think his main motivation and what got him through that time would be as soon as his dad is well enough he is on the next plane to Seoul to see Ju Kyung. 

I love “Love So Fine” too! Cha Eun Woo’s voice is perfect in that song! 

Spoiler

I was sad to see Ju Kyung renamed Su Ho’s contact in her cellphone to his name rather than Boyfriend :tears: and it always has been Girlfriend for Su Ho. 

• Like 2

@nrllee Oh it’s a title of a movie huh? I thought you meant that the place was in Seattle haha!

@cess4evah completely agree with everything you said! I think Lee Dong Min really grew as an actor — I’ve watched rookie historian, my id is Gangnam beauty and now true beauty. I think is acting is pretty good :) People need to recognize his acting but also his SINGING!! I love his Love So Fine OST so much. One of my favorite OST from this drama... I love Dongmin’s voice

I also agree with you about the webtoon vs. the drama! I actually really like how the drama expanded on and delve into Suho’s trauma about Seyeon and also had Suho be interested in composing music. Hopefully he will finally get his happiness because he has been pitiful throughout the whole drama..

I'm sure true beauty will wrap everything up smoothly! It has done a great job with other episodes so I’m confident that it will close all the circles...!

I want to see Seojun sing one of the songs that Suho composed! and I just want to see them have a good and strong friendship... Really love the bromance the last few episodes

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, ferily said:

I want to see Seojun sing one of the songs that Suho composed! and I just want to see them have a good and strong friendship... Really love the bromance the last few episodes

@ferily I think in the end Seo Jun will sing that song Su Ho and Se Yeon composed. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, piluche said:

@mizv: I love his eyes too, when he smiles then his eyes smiles. 

I know right, I don’t know why they have to do that to his character. It’s time he move on and find someone, there is no way JK will return his feelings anyway since in her heart it has always been SH. They should have introduce a nice girl into the story, someone who could have been best friend with JK and SJ eventually falls for after he was rejected by JK. I don’t get it, why Lee pinning for your best friend’s girl? In the real world, they won’t be best friend no more. Body goes after their best friend’s girl openly like 

I think what makes him look sad is because he only doesnt get the girl. And I dont think it can make him become the saddest boy in the drama or even put him in the same position as that second lead in start up or even jungpal in reply 1988. Nope. It's SJ choice to keep loving a girl that his bestfriend love and never see him as a man. 

This is why I can't relate or even sympathize with his character.

---

Okay, since today is gonna be the last ep. I want to see more lovey dovey scene of Suho x Jukyung (I know we've got them already in previeous episodes, but I want more lol).

Besides, I want Suho to start thinking his future as well. I mean... we know that he's smart and wealthy, and know how to make a good song. But I feel bad when the story seems to lose the focus of Suho's dream besides being together with Jukyung. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

major nit pick: I'm sorry but there is no way that the inside of that American house looks like that. That American suburban home should not have brick walls and stained glass windows. C'Mon, man.  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, airasara said:

I think what makes him look sad is because he only doesnt get the girl. And I dont think it can make him become the saddest boy in the drama or even put him in the same position as that second lead in start up or even jungpal in reply 1988. Nope. It's SJ choice to keep loving a girl that his bestfriend love and never see him as a man. 

This is why I can't relate or even sympathize with his character.

---

Okay, since today is gonna be the last ep. I want to see more lovey dovey scene of Suho x Jukyung (I know we've got them already in previeous episodes, but I want more lol).

Besides, I want Suho to start thinking his future as well. I mean... we know that he's smart and wealthy, and know how to make a good song. But I feel bad when the story seems to lose the focus of Suho's dream besides being together with Jukyung. 

@airasara Very true and well said! I, too don’t  sympathize with SJ’s character and I really did pity Han Ji Pyeong’s character until I stopped watching Start-Up because I knew he wouldn’t end up with Dal-Mi. 

Yeah, come to think of it, Su Ho and Ju Kyung are the same. They are selfless and think of others before themselves. That’s why Su Ho encouraged Seo Jun to become a trainee again and didn’t think of his own future. I also hope to see Su Ho’s career dream come true. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mizv said:

I’m totally confused why Jk keeps running away from SH. so cold.

@mizv She’s angry with SH because he was the one who wanted to break up, and did not once reply to her or keep in touch at all after the break up. She’s heartbroken and hurt. That’s why even when deep down she still misses him she tells him she doesn’t. And runs away from him, because she has pride too and is not gonna just fall over him once he’s back. 

• Like 2

Geez....you would think they kept in contact during the two years. 

I didn’t like where episode 14 and 15 were heading...at this point, SJ should have moved on with this life, JK have more self confidence in herself, SH rebuilding a relationship with his father, and the  bromance between SJ and SH. Instead the focus was on the love triangle that didn’t make any of them three happy and no character development on all three of them. We are still back to SH running after JK because of misunderstandings and SJ trying to butt into a relationship that has no room for him. Like come on! How are you going to try to kiss your bud’s girl and still hang around him as bff???? 

One episode isn’t enough to tie all the lose ends. We still have the other relationships, what happen to the SJ girl, and not to mention character development of JK. True beauty was about her, we started off with her being bully for not being pretty. Instead of making the drama uplifting and teaching a lesson about beauty is what’s inside you and not a pretty face, the drama kind of went off the road and drag the love triangle for too long. Now we have SJ looking like a desperate fool pinning for his best friend’s girl, JK is just a pretty face with two guys fighting over her, and SH still running around trying to make up to JK. 
:crybaby:
#teamsuho# but sad for the lack of character development to SJ. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@piluche 

15 minutes ago, piluche said:

Now we have SJ looking like a desperate fool pinning for his best friend’s girl, JK is just a pretty face with two guys fighting over her, and SH still running around trying to make up to JK. 

Yep, it turned out to be a cliche kdrama after all. That’s why the ending of episode 13 could have been the best finale without the tiresome love triangle dragging it out. Also I guess they wanted to “follow” the webtoon a bit more? 

Hopefully today’s final episode will make up for it? :cheers:No doubt it will be endgame SH/JK. #fighting 

Lee Su Ho's skills of asking questions

Neither Joo Kyung nor Seo-jun can compare the study scores with Su Ho, even the skills 
of asking questions. How? let's see it:

1: When the two boys went to watch the baseball match, Su Ho wanted to know Seo-jun's
thoughts about Joo Kyung. First, he threw out his opinion: the match was boring(
acturally we saw his smile), then told Seo-jun, he came here for Joo Kyung. At last,
he asked Seo-jun reversely: you come here just for the match, don't you? 
Seo-jun didn't get the point at all firstly, just replied "yep", after a while, he came
to realize and told Su Ho, he had the same purpose with him.

2: Su Ho decided to declare his love to Joo Kyung, he continued to ask "Do you love?"
3 times, seemed to be a trap, maybe he wanted to ask "Do you love me?" finally,then
Joo Kyung could answer"yes" ,as same as before. But Joo Kyung wasn't taken in because
the atomsphere was quite unusual, she was very cautiously.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, starrynic said:

@airasara Very true and well said! I, too don’t  sympathize with SJ’s character and I really did pity Han Ji Pyeong’s character until I stopped watching Start-Up because I knew he wouldn’t end up with Dal-Mi. 

Yeah, come to think of it, Su Ho and Ju Kyung are the same. They are selfless and think of others before themselves. That’s why Su Ho encouraged Seo Jun to become a trainee again and didn’t think of his own future. I also hope to see Su Ho’s career dream come true. 

It was nice to see how releationship between characters are developing in previous episodes. The romantic, bromance, friendship, etc. But this ep. 15 feels like wasting what the drama has been developing in previous episodes lol. I hope the last episode can be much better, please end the love triangle thing in the first 5 or 10 minutes. Then we move on to other issues: resolution for Sujin - Jukyung - Suho, the wedding, the future, dream, friendship, and definitely relationship of suho x jukyung should be wrapped satisfyingly.

@pilucheyes, how dare SJ try to kiss his bff's gf? okay, suho and jukyung broke up, but he knows that his bff love her so much, and so does the girl. If he is a good bestfriend, he'll try to help them making up their relationship or at least not trying to cross the line. 

If I were Suho I dont want to befriend with him anymore (Sj is a total selfish lol). And if I were Jukyung, I dont even want to get close to Sj, because he cant appreciate or respect his besfriend lol.

Oh well... I only hope everything goes well tonight!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, piluche said:

Instead of making the drama uplifting and teaching a lesson about beauty is what’s inside you and not a pretty face, the drama kind of went off the road and drag the love triangle for too long. Now we have SJ looking like a desperate fool pinning for his best friend’s girl, JK is just a pretty face with two guys fighting over her, and SH still running around trying to make up to JK. 

Exaaactly. This is what my issue was with the webtoon, which turned out to be all about the love triangle. In fact,

Spoiler

even when she was in a relationship with Seojun in the webtoon, she did not have much character development. It was really poorly written IMO. And some people don't get that her character was basically static throughout their relationship, she was the same person from beginning to end. Nothing changed.

Really sad that the drama took some of what I thought were the worst parts in the webtoon and used it in episode 15 for filler/drag when it could have been used for tighter character development instead. 15 was not very good honestly. Only reason it reached great ratings was because people were at the edge of their seats trying to see if they would reunite or not.

I truly hope episode 16 is better ;;

• Like 3

Just finished EP 15 but I dread tonight's episode because I do not know which ending I will like better. As of now, I am neither #temsuho nor #teamseojun. Somehow I feel like I prefer to be #teamjukyung where she ended up not choosing any one of them. 

I really hate that Suho break up with her because he couldn't stand not being with her especially when she was sick. He decided by himself that he wanted to break up and ghosted her while she kept updating him about her life until she finally stopped after around a year. If someone tell me he is so selfless, I can't help but strongly disagree because this is not the proper way to break up. In some way, I couldn't help feeling he is disrespecting Joo Kyung. Years later, came back to Korea and everything is good, I will just keep following Joo Kyung everywhere because it seems like Joo Kyung hasn't move on either since she was there at Namsan on first snow.  I am sorry Suho because I can't help watching it feeling like that is a lil bit stalker-ish.

Joo Kyung fully known that he wanted to break up because he was trying to be selfless and it was all for her sake, just can't move on because she didn't get a proper ending to their relationship. This is where I feel like it was really unfair on Joo Kyung side too. She was forced to end the relationship when she was still okay about them being in long distance relationship.

Seo Jun is hard. Watching how involved both his and Joo Kyung's family and having same social circle that seems like they often do gathering, I can't fully blame him not being able to move on. He waited for Joo Kyung by her side, not being too obvious about his feeling or we can blame Joo Kyung for being too oblivious finally exploded because he can't stand being asked by Joo Kyung to meet another girl. If Suho going to be mad at him tonight, I am not sure if I can make peace with Suho. Seo Jun was there when he was not, waited for years not doing anything and just started to make a move and now he has to give up again. That is a lil bit unfair too especially that Joo Kyung is officially single for few years. 

Enough ranting, I hope I have the courage to watch the last episode and deal with the aftermath. 

• Like 1

@kdramagrandma I agree that Su Ho shouldn’t have broke up with JK, but that’s a very familiar trope in kdrama. They want to show the pain and separation before the getting together and living happily ever after  again. So, that’s kinda expected.

Though in Su Ho’s defense, he had known all along that his best friend has always loved his girl, and while he’s heartbroken to have to give her up, again he’s trying to be selfless because he’s thinking maybe Seo Jun can be a better boyfriend to JK since he cannot be physically there. That’s why he did not contact her immediately when he landed in Korea, and only when she appeared at Namsan he then realized she still had feelings for him. 

I personally feel and am hopeful that Su Ho won’t be mad in tonight’s finale, as he didn’t look the way he did (angry) at the end of the field trip episode when he saw Seo Jun comforting JK when she was crying. His voice was also even when he asked if SJ was still interested in JK in the preview for the episode 16. I think he knows he has given up the right to be angry because JK is not his anymore since they broke up. But we shall see! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@nrllee

Nods. Agree with the Sleepless in Seattle reference. Love that movie! Is it me that wished Su Ho spoke English? Eun Woo's OK in conversational English. Does the hospital Su Ho's dad admitted to only have just 3 staff members LoL? 

It breaks my heart that Seo Joon has to sacrifice his happiness.. well at least he won viewers' hearts. Ep. 15 was the highest rating so far.:getmygrooveon:The power of Han Seo Joon. Fantastic. Already comments are begging for the actors to reunite as leads in a new drama.:doggie:

I know the finale is going to be a mixed bag of emotions but I'll watch anyway LoL. 

• Like 2
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

Ugh it's over hu hu hu~:cries:

Soo Jin's back and she patched things up with Ju Gyung. Her parents are finally divorced. Didn't like the bit on the bratty diva:unamused: at all. 

Notice the actor who plays Ju Young to look a lot like Yeo Jin Goo. And yikes what happened to Su Ho's hair & style when he got back from the US LoL?! 

Tae Hoon on the other look good. Ju Gyung's outfit at her sis' wedding look like a costume from 'Sound of Music' ha-ha. 

Didn't realize Seo Joon was that tall. Guess it's the long coat. Anyways it was fun while it lasted. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward every Wednesday, Thursday. Now it feels empty heh. 

The entire cast did great. Hoping for more projects for Hwang In Yeop and that he has better luck in love next time. Take care y'all XoxoX. 

• Like 1

Our Su Ho has grown up! Into a mature, understanding adult! He’s no longer the brooding, jealous boy at the school field trip. 

Spoiler

He’s sure of his place in JK’s heart and is no longer threatened by SJ. He’s able to talk it out with his best bud, in peace! 

I’m so glad they didn’t drag out the love triangle in the finale and got it resolved right at the beginning of it!! Yay!!

All in all, I feel it’s the perfect ending to this drama. With comedic relief thrown in sporadically, and enough sweet lovey dovey moments. The most heartwarming endgame :fullofhearts:

• Like 1