Quantcast

@kate-kane @Shine2111 @kehrite Yep. We can't help but sympathize with both SH and SJ. They both lost a friend and seem to be dealing with their grief in their own ways. That said, my sympathy for SJ's grief doesn't stop me from shaking my head at his antics: (1) his words and actions against SH and (2) his decision to go after JK because of SH's interest in her. 

I love the show's treatment of SH and his anguish over the death of their friend. I must say CEW has me convinced and had me tearing up a little bit during his rooftop scene.

Where are the adults and community support, really? I know SH is all alone, which is terrible enough as it is. Add his trauma to that and it makes it 10 times worse, and no one, teachers or whoever else, seems to care. :bawling:  The adults have failed SH and SJ on the death of their friend, not to mention on the extreme bullying of the students. 

In my mind, I am giving virtual hugs to SH, JK, SJ, and the other kids in pain.

• Like 2
  • Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone mentioned how unrealistic this show was having all these guys fighting over her or showing interest. I think that that is the whole point. When you have a story and this is a story not a docud

True Beauty Ep 1 & 2 Review:   Themes: I really loved how they addressed the topics of bullying, suicide, pretty priviledge, hate comments about celebrities because these are very real i

Park Yoo-na as Sujin. She has such a loveable face to me lol I can't picture her as a villain.  I was reading in an article that she will become close friends with Suho.   Granted it was tra

That brawl at the karaoke toward end of ep. 06 was like The Avengers or something LoL!:Pandabulous: BTW Soo Jin and Hee Gyung are total girl crushes ha-ha. Although I feel sad for Soo Jin as she has an abusive dad, while poor Seo Joon revealing more than necessary to Ju Gyung oh boy.:lol::joy: But honestly it was a treat for me eheheh.:heart2beat:

And yup my heart already breaks for Seo Joon because he knows Ju Gyung likes Su Ho all those looks he gives her aish..     

• Like 1

I watched this today, just started and the first episode where they treated her so appallingly bad and made fun of her so badly that she wanted to kill herself is such a bad and horrible aspect of our world currently. While it might be an exaggeration it is what can happen and probably happens in varying degrees daily. This is partly due to our idea of beauty that is screwed up and social media is just taking it to insane heights.

I remember growing up in the 60's and being dark and being made fun of in a school in Asia you know being fair is everything, I cannot even fathom how much worse it would have been had there been phones to share my misery. I was used to it since my own relatives (uncles and aunties) gave me a nasty nickname 'blackie' but I took it in stride and never ever considered myself as pretty or anything. Thankfully I was extremely good in school and went to university on a scholarship.

Her pain really resonated and I was wondering what I would have done in her place having faced such a public humiliation. I acted out in school and became a huge bully because I wanted to hit everyone that used look at me the wrong way. Eventually I made friends and my life became a lot better. Nevertheless that damage the loss of self esteem has caused me many problems. In spite of every academic success I was always plagued my doubt and lack of self worth.

Just wanted to share this and also to say families should never make fun of their relatives it leaves a mark.

• Like 5

Epi 5 Review.

Fun Parts.

Unnie Again Rocks.They need to show more of her.

Tiny Ri Jyeong Hyok promising The Ghost on Bike and again Putting K drama Ideas into IJG head is Epic.

She ends up Imagining Suho who was once Baby Gu Jun Pyo into King LEE Gon and Herself into Tae Eul riding on Maximus while Lee Gon Suho turns into a Pig. Wowoe...

I lovedd how they did parody of CLOY and TKEM here. haha.I wish they had one with Seojoon as well.

She keeps on rejecting Seojoons Grand Gestures.The guy gave you the Key to his Bike.Men LOVE their Gadgets more than the Wife dont you know that Lol.That is big in itself.

Suho Does not know how to talk, He talks about Detergent which makes IJG heart flutter Hahaha.Their interactions were so MushyMushy , it made me smile Lol.

The Sad Parts.

Noble Idiocy 101 , Seojoon and SUHO have communication Cracks, How will that be Solved? Seojoon basically guilt tripped Suho and Suho being an overthibker and Traumatized Pitied IJG, what was Her fault in that?I sniffed while she cried.Nice Scene.

I think Seojoon did understand his quarrel with Suho led to IJG BEING sad which was wrong.

Suho gives me vibes to just Cuddle Him.

Seojoon is Hillarious and needs to LISTEN to people.

And again as I say SUHO NEEDS TO TALK MORE!!

The Climax scene was good but fell hugely flat during Rooftop scene, CEW was very robotic during that enactment , it did not have the effect required.

Seojoon better Buckle up, the Ball is 90% in Suhos Court.The scriptwriters topped it off with Guilt Trip Cherry. 

22 hours ago, Shine2111 said:

And you have no opinion about Seojun calling Suho murderer, blackmailing him, indirectly pushing him to die & be unhappy. Using LJK just to spite?

While it goes without saying that such behavior is wrong, the two boys have deep existing conflict between each other. Ju-gyeong has nothing whatsoever to do with it, so for me at least, Suho's cruelty toward her in the locker room was all the more deliberate, and hurtful to watch her go through. And personally, I never got the feeling Seojun is using her, that's mainly Suho's interpretation - to me it's been pretty clear Seojun genuinely liked her from the start, even though he's just now realizing it consciously. He may enjoy needling Suho about it, as he enjoys needling Suho in general, but his attention toward her is not "just," or even primarily, to spite him. Maybe I'd like Suho more if Cha Eun-Woo was a better actor... he's not a bad actor per-se, he's fine with overt displays of emotion but not so much with subtle details. To me Suho often just comes across as blank and disinterested. Whereas Hwang In-Yeop is giving a more nuanced and skilled performance - I can understand Seojun's emotions and thought processes better, he feels more layered and has more screen presence. But eh, we all have our opinions!

Anyway, episode 6 was very funny! Seojun's underwear scene was absolute gold, the shift from over-the-top dancing to nonchalant to humiliated was great. I do wish Suho would've apologized properly when Ju-gyeong cried about how much his words hurt her; maybe he will eventually.  

• Like 1

Watch: ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Shows Off His Basketball Skills In Front Of His Co-Stars On “True Beauty”

tvN has released the behind-the-scenes video from the filming of episode 5 of “True Beauty”!

At the start of the video, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo gives Moon Ga Young a quick lesson on basketball, teaching her to bend her knees and guide the ball with her hand as she shoots. Moon Ga Young soon gets the hang of it and he quips, “I taught her too well,” to which she counters, “It’s because I’m good.”

As they begin filming the scene in which the ball – and Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young) – falls into Lee Su Ho (Cha Eun Woo)’s arms, the director notes that Cha Eun Woo’s parka can be seen as he lifts his arms to catch her. He immediately moves to take it off, even when the director says that he can just roll up the sleeves, and says, “If [Moon Ga Young] isn’t wearing one, how can I?”

The video switches to the scene in which Lim Ju Gyeong gives Han Go Woon a makeover before moving to the basketball match between Lee Su Ho and Han Seo Jun (Hwang In Yeob). Hwang In Yeob is dedicated to perfecting his scenes as he practices his layup over and over again. When filming begins, Cha Eun Woo shows his familiarity with the court as he dribbles and shoots with ease, including a beautiful three-point shot that surprises even him. Up in the bleachers, Moon Ga Young exhausts herself in her mascot costume and mouths to the camera, “This is hard.”

“True Beauty” also takes viewers behind-the-scenes on Han Seo Jun singing in front of a crowd, and Hwang In Yeob gets adorably shy as the cast and crew cheer him on as loudly and energetically as possible. The video concludes with the scene in which Lim Ju Gyeong comforts a crying Lee Su Ho, as the actors balance lightening up the heavy atmosphere with jokes and immersing themselves into the emotion of the scene.

Check out the video below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445292wpp/watch-astros-cha-eun-woo-shows-off-his-basketball-skills-in-front-of-his-co-stars-on-true-beauty

• Like 3

While I get some ppl have immense hate for Cha Eunwoo & his acting but be is portraying Lee Suho to the T. Kmedia, Knetizen who used to bash him are praising his acting everywhere. His rooftop scene is the highest viewed video on Naver with 11M+ & those views are coming from general public, not fans. Besides, CEW acting even as a character I feel more for Lee Suho. I am disliking Seojun in drama so far. I hope he stops putting blame on Suho & it's a fact that it was Seojun who led to that locker room scene. A person who is already has trauma, telling him you killed your friend, you don't have right to be happy, what that person will do? He will think that the other person is right & will stay away from the person who makes him happy. If you guys get time from bashing CEW, do check naver articles where ppl are praising his acting. In the past, kmedia used to write bad articles about Eunwoo's acting, but not anymore.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Shine2111 said:

While I get some ppl have immense hate for Cha Eunwoo & his acting but be is portraying Lee Suho to the T. Kmedia, Knetizen who used to bash him are praising his acting everywhere. His rooftop scene is the highest viewed video on Naver with 11M+ & those views are coming from general public, not fans. Besides, CEW acting even as a character I feel more for Lee Suho. I am disliking Seojun in drama so far. I hope he stops putting blame on Suho & it's a fact that it was Seojun who led to that locker room scene. A person who is already has trauma, telling him you killed your friend, you don't have right to be happy, what that person will do? He will think that the other person is right & will stay away from the person who makes him happy. If you guys get time from bashing CEW, do check naver articles where ppl are praising his acting. In the past, kmedia used to write bad articles about Eunwoo's acting, but not anymore.

To Cha Eunwoo's defence, this is my first time seeing this actor and i didn't know there was anything bad about his acting until i read some netizen comments. I guess these views are and will always be subjective. there are wildly popular actors/actresses out there who can't act but yet they are getting all kinds of recognition from people.  I read the webtoon and Lee Suho only had 1 expression 90% (if not 99%) of the time, so i'm really happy to see this drama version of Lee Suho and how the character has been portrayed. 

I agree on your views on Seojun, i really dislike him in the drama so far and i'm disliking him more and more with each episode. No true friend would guilt trap his friend and make him believe that he was a murderer. In fact, no one with a conscience would do something like that? let's see how this plays out. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SCSfanz said:

To Cha Eunwoo's defence, this is my first time seeing this actor and i didn't know there was anything bad about his acting until i read some netizen comments. I guess these views are and will always be subjective. there are wildly popular actors/actresses out there who can't act but yet they are getting all kinds of recognition from people.  I read the webtoon and Lee Suho only had 1 expression 90% (if not 99%) of the time, so i'm really happy to see this drama version of Lee Suho and how the character has been portrayed. 

I agree on your views on Seojun, i really dislike him in the drama so far and i'm disliking him more and more with each episode. No true friend would guilt trap his friend and make him believe that he was a murderer. In fact, no one with a conscience would do something like that? let's see how this plays out. 

I am waiting for Suho & Seojun to patch up. I have read webtoon. The reason I am watching this drama is because I love Lee Suho & I am happy how Cha Eunwoo is portraying him so far. I hope they don't make Seojun evil. 

Also, what I find surprising how a few are blaming Suho for being mean to LJK, which even I agree Suho should not be cruel coz LJK has her own issue but why people cannot see what Seojun is doing to Suho is even worst. I know Seojun is hurt but he knows Suho is all by himself, blaming him for the friend's death, indirectly telling him die & live an unhappy life. In episode 6, we saw Suho again having panic attack & the anger in last scene shows his bottled up emotions. I just want to hug him. He never had anyone, his friend died & one hates him & he got LJK & he was told to stay unhappy & he is alone again. For me, character depth is much more. This is a layered character & I feel bad for such character & relate to them. They end up winning my heart more.

• Like 5

Just saw Episode 5.

I had hoped that LJK would intervene with the bullying of the young girl, since it was the exact replica of her ordeal, plus they even look similar (bad skin, bad eyebrows). It turned out to be SHJ's sister.  The funny thing is, despite her transformation (the makeup), she is recognisable to him, though her classmates are - WHO DAT GIRL? SHJ doesn't even comment on her new appearance, when in this kdrama '(and webtoon I'm assuming), a simple eyebrow and makeup job can make a person appear as a different person. It's funny that LJK's brother fell for the girl at first sight, considering of his previous comments. How comical. 

Ahhh.. LSH is being mean to LJK because of HSJ. Trying to protect her, ladi la dal. I really liked his awkward persona and the facts he spouted off to overplay his nervousness, breaking his cold persona. Too bad he reverts due to HSJ's bullying.  I haven't seen Episode 6 yet, but I have not seen LSH being mean towards HSJ, except taking his bike away. Apart frm that, he went out of his way to ignore HSJ's antics and so on. HSJ has all the support, while LSH is on his own, he apparently also lives alone. 

And I really, really hate HSJ for perpetuating the lie that LSH "killed" his friend. Is this happening in the webtoon as well? Basically LSH isolates himself, apart from the few times he reached out to LJK. That's not healthy. 

@Shine2111 Wow! Is it true that people on Naver are praising CEW now for his acting on the rooftop? That makes me so happy. Hehe. Fighting, CEW!!!

@kehrite I think SJ really did start going after JK because he noticed SH was interested in her, and his true interest only began because he started getting to know her. But, yes! The underwear scene was comedy gold! Haha. HIY is such a great actor, so much so that we love him when he's being an adorable SJ and hate him when he's being a spiteful SJ.  

P.S. I feel cheated by the "hug" preview. Hahaha. I really wanted it to be the hug to finally define them. 

Can't wait for the next episodes!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, agenth said:

And I really, really hate HSJ for perpetuating the lie that LSH "killed" his friend. Is this happening in the webtoon as well? Basically LSH isolates himself, apart from the few times he reached out to LJK. That's not healthy. 

yes this also happened in the webtoon. but the webtoon lack depth in the characters which was part of the reason why i dropped it. This drama is alot better than the webtoon in my opinion. i didn't dislike HSJ as much in the webtoon though . The HSJ here is arghhh... again i don't think they deviated from the webtoon. The drama HSJ is the HSJ from the webtoon but better (or badder), likewish LSH is the same but with way more expressions, LJH is the same but not as dimwitted or shallow. 

• Like 1

As someone left school almost decades ago, I really love this drama. The characters in this drama really resonates how the school children behaves (usually in public school, with parents from various background). Loves all the characters Suhoo, SeoJun, JugYeong and their friends. Teenagers can be nasty and can be good as well, it has been shows clearly in the drama. Remember this is 18 years old teens. Conflict do happen and all the actors and actresses including the support actors and actresses are very good! The JugYeong mother is also actress from Parasite movie and CLOY. I love the oldest sister and teacher which is very good too! 

• Like 3

Interlude...

EPISODE 6

This show Makes Me Happy.NONE of the shows This Year did that. IT has a Very Happy Feel Overall.Credit to IJG and Unnie!!!

First of all UNNIE I love You....You Shock and Rock My world, If A Man would be like You I'd marry that Man.Lol The Kiss between Unnie and Teacher was So cute, their Role Reversal is nice to see.

Mom Is Crazy , Dad is helpless, and somehow was able to detect that IJG and Suho have like love vibes.Hence he was Tensed.Suho and Lil Dongsaeng Discussion over IJG and the Very evident CUTE HEIGHT Difference...Omo that Won me Over.And they way they kept on formally denoting themselves.

Drunk Unnie and Suho should be Banned from encountering each other,poor guy always ends up being Traumatized Due to her.First the Puke now Im family Almost Broke his Spine hahah.Oh the Weight He bears.

Suho saves IJG , Suho's Intense Eyes.Man the writers have literally rolled the ball in his Court.

OK Writers Give Chance to Seojoon , his Badass Vibes and Comic Timings Are Pure Gold.KUdos to IJG for Rawring at Tarzan hahahahaha.

Karaoke Fight ...Wow Suho His eyes and the way He Plonks one of the Morons :wow2:and then enters Sujin, the gal is literally more Powerful than all the 10 men combined in that Very Room.GIRLPOWER FTW.

CEW acted the BEST in Ep.6 Claps for that.MGY whenever she cries I sniff, Very very Good Performance, she literally shines through those scenes, And today CEW and Her chemistry was Gelling soo soo Good.

HIY is Legit Being Underused Here I feel, He has Great Potential but all I see is Suho I dont mind that But the See-Saw needs a Balance, else they I guess Changed a hole Lot from Comic in the adaptation.Make me feel Some Sparking SPARKS between Seojoon and IJG as well duh!!Maybe I can then getover His Guiltrip Issue.

Special Mention to SJ tarzan Flexible Dance, whatever that was...Was Fun Hehehe.

• Like 2

Watch: Moon Ga Young, Cha Eun Woo, And Hwang In Yeob Give Another In-Depth Look At The “True Beauty” Set

The cast of tvN’s “True Beauty” gave viewers another inside look at the set!

The video begins with Moon Ga Young and Hwang In Yeob showing off the interior of the salon that is owned by Moon Ga Young’s character’s mother. Moon Ga Young comments on the reasonable prices of the various treatments, but Hwang In Yeob questions her statement. Moon Ga Young replies, “They’re going to be reasonable prices since my mother is a good person.”

She then brings attention to her character’s report card hanging on the wall, which her mother had used to receive on-screen top star Lee Joo Heon’s (Jung Joon Ho‘s) autograph. Hwang In Yeob remarks that the autograph is so big that he didn’t even notice her poor grades. When Moon Ga Young retaliates by asking if his character is good at studying, he avoids her question and suggests that they move on to the next room. The pair also shows off a spot where they accidentally bumped their head during filming, as well as the room where Hwang In Yeob took a photo of Moon Ga Young wearing a face mask.

Moon-Ga-Young-Hwang-In-Yeob1.jpg

Saying goodbye to Hwang In Yeob, Moon Ga Young moves on to her house to introduce the various items in her room. She begins by showing off the doorbell, which displays a moving eye and emits a scary laugh when the button is pressed. She also talks about the stained glass windows over her bed, her various comic books, and her dressing table, which was a new and important addition to her room after her on-screen family moved houses.

She then walks around the other rooms in the house, showing viewers the various family pictures in the living room before confessing that her character’s mother doesn’t have much space for herself because her father is the one who does most of the housework. Lastly, Moon Ga Young enters the bathroom to marvel at the old-fashioned bathtub, and points out that the bathroom is where she filmed a comedic scene with her character’s siblings, played by Im Se Mi and Kim Min Gi.

Moon Ga Young is then joined by Cha Eun Woo as they introduce the final and most important destination of the tour — the comic book store where their two characters began to get closer to one another. Cha Eun Woo waits for Moon Ga Young behind a glass door as she approaches him and says in surprise, “Wow, who’s this handsome boy?” Cha Eun Woo opens the door and charismatically welcomes viewers into the store.

Spoiler

Moon-ga-Young-Cha-Eun-Woo2.jpg

The two actors marvel at all the fascinating items in the store, beginning with the board set up by the door where they draw random pieces of paper to win prizes. After a few tries, they give up and move to the horror section of the store, which is the place where their characters first met and also where they continue to confide in each other. Moon Ga Young also comments that the instant noodles are delicious, confessing that she has eaten about eight bowls so far.

Moon Ga Young also draws attention to the threatening message that her character left on the wall, which reads, “If you sit in Lim Ju Gyeong’s seat without permission, hair will grow on your butt.” Meanwhile, Cha Eun Woo points out the specific seats where he and Moon Ga Young wait and practice their lines while the staff prepare the set for filming.

Cha Eun Woo dons a scary mask as Moon Ga Young wraps up the video with a short message for viewers, asking them to look forward to the remaining episodes. Cha Eun Woo adds, “We’re having a fun time filming and all of the cast members are working hard, so I hope that this drama will bring everyone warmth and enjoyable moments this winter.”

Watch the full video below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445507wpp/watch-moon-ga-young-cha-eun-woo-and-hwang-in-yeob-give-another-in-depth-look-at-the-true-beauty-set

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림