[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

@rocher22 I agree. I hope our OTP gets together real soon. I loved that fight scene. How SH cried out JK’s name when he finally found her. How he was so angry and pounded the guy for “abducting” JK. I don’t feel for SJ though. I was glad that he saw the way how JK looked at SH. He didn’t like JK the way SH did. SH fell in love with JK even when she was bare faced. JK consoled SH when he was hurting from losing his best friend. They deserve each other!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

This drama really made me laugh a lot, especially on Ep7 - the most funny EP thus far.

Few scenes that captured my laughter :

1. The FL asking ML to remove "worms" underneath her shoe and ML allowed her to sit in order to balance her body, she was mistakenly sitting on his shoulder back, but the next second the camera zoom out and moved to the nearby chair....- that was funny :D
  2. There were overweight of passengers in the lift, all the fat men in pink T-shirts were trying to breathe in so that to reduce "over weight" - that was funny x 2 :lol:
  3. In the lift where three of them were trapped inside, two ML holding FL's hand and insisted not letting her go, but she wanted a RickRoll'D....and the 1st ML offered her an empty coffee cup for her to RickRoll'D (emergency reason), the funny part was once the lift open, the swift action taken by FL - dashed out from the lift was really funny....left with two ML "stunning and unbelievable look"...:D

The story brought back many sweet memories during those school days when we were young, except that the exaggerating of the story only happened in Kdrama land.

I like three of them, so funny and good looking with good acting.

My only hope that three of them will become good friends and focus more on study together in the end. I wish the FL will eventually choose what she wants in future (after the end of school terms) besides the puppy love that is more important - what is the true beauty in life?  - i don't mind whether she chooses the first ML or 2nd ML, because i know it will be a happy ending in the end for this type of storyline. Of course , My first choice is the 1st ML because she always shown bare face and clumsiness in front of him :D

Right now, I am just enjoying this type of entertaining love story without using much on our brain.. :popcornjackson:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@lebeaucouple I seriously laughed so much during this episode too. Even though I’ve spoiled myself and read the recap before watching, oops.:sweat_smile:

And I wholeheartedly agree with you, JK should end up with SH, since SH was the first one who loves her for what she is, and not for her pretty face. I think this should be the main focus for this drama, JK should realize that inner beauty should triumph over superficial beauty. And she should be proud of her “bare face” no matter what! But I know, easier said than done, especially in your teens. I just hope SH will help JK realize that about herself! :love:

• Like 5

@kate-kane Bless  you for the clips

I have to watch during  my lunch break for ep 8.

Hi my friend @lebeaucouple Great to see your great post. I totally agree with you. This easy breezy drama was missed last week by me. I totally agreed on the points you mentioned. The big guys sucking in their gut--like that is going to reduce your weight. Our FL sitting on his shoulder but the panning to the chair by was epic EMBARRASSMENT

I loved the her big sis hitting on the teacher and sending him flowers and being FIERCE and defying gender roles.

I loved how the teacher is like---but I am not situation to date. He wants a shoe and you look at his worn one. His heart is fluttering (she is so cool) and everyone noticing he is looking more handsome due to her mom's handiwork to now have eyebrows. I think that teacher sitting opposite him has a thing for him. LOL. I love that they kissed again and then rushed to his place for ahem "adult time".

The cameo of the actor as the HS baseball pitcher in love with our FL looks. I loves his "satori" accent. So manly and his approach is so straightforward. SH is flustered and threatened and jealous by it. (HELLO yup you should be) Your tsundere act only works so far. But sad he did not realize she saw him with his friend SJ and consoling her. So now his crush thinks he likes SJ as we know he doesn't.  But our pure hearted FL doesn't know his true feelings. More she is timid and low self esteem to realize that HE does like her. Mr heart of ice and saying no to all these gals saying he is not interested in dating them rejecting their confessions. She is not wanting to believe he is into her for fear of rejection. I cannot blame her.

Her mom not applauding that she went up 20 ranks not the 30. Hello you got to appreciate that she studied. Not like she did not. Also the fact the two parents actually believe she could not be bullied for her looks?! Hello are you for real? Lookism in Asia and in Korea is no joke. Men wear BB cream and care about their appearance as well. Their photos are on their resumes. Their Plastic Surgery industry is huge too. So of COURSE she will be bullied, kids are cruel.  Our poor FL, but glad our ML comforted and fed her ramen. HELLO he is spending so much time, gave her a hairpin etc. Yeah she knows or thought she knew til she saw him with her friend and his friend too.

Our Bad Boy other male contestant was cute this episode asking for her help to get make up for his beloved sis. Awww. Then that elevator scene was cool as you hear his heart thudding for our girl. Also when he saw her drinking her americano and chomping on the ice, he was trying to reject liking our FL . LOL. You are liking her warm heart and she is easy on the eyes.

found these clips compilation longer ones of ep 7

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oooh I absolutely loved Episode 8!! Now the problem is, what am I gonna do until next Wednesday? :sleepy:

Spoiler

1. Brooding, jealous and pining SH, whose eyes are fixated on our cute, flustered JK trying her best to avoid him yet can’t help but still stealing glances at him :love:

2. Tae Hoon stepping in and trying to help his new best friend SH. 

3. JK finally can’t stand it and bawled out all her feelings to the wrong guy SJ and yes! SJ now knows she only has SH in her heart. Yes! Yes! Yes!

4. And last but not least, their kiss! Even the “ghost” knows SH doesn’t like JK only for her looks lol. He sees beyond that. Yay!

And judging from the preview for episode 9 doesn’t it look like Su Jin is gonna come between our OTP? :sleepy: Also, why do they have to keep their dating a secret? I don’t understand 

• Like 4

@Nodame hi my dear chingu. Great to see you here too.:issohappy:

Yes it was such an entertaining drama when watching - comical and eye candies actors/actress. Not much crying scene, rest and relax drama. I must give credit to the PD who is able to guide the young actors/actress to act.

BTW, another factor i like this drama was OST at the end of the EP, ...something fast paced rhythm mentioning about "i like dancing"...anyone knows the oldies song who sang by the female artist? Will appreciate it if can share here.  :getmygrooveon:

• Like 1