[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

@Shine2111 Wow! Is it true that people on Naver are praising CEW now for his acting on the rooftop? That makes me so happy. Hehe. Fighting, CEW!!!

@kehrite I think SJ really did start going after JK because he noticed SH was interested in her, and his true interest only began because he started getting to know her. But, yes! The underwear scene was comedy gold! Haha. HIY is such a great actor, so much so that we love him when he's being an adorable SJ and hate him when he's being a spiteful SJ.  

P.S. I feel cheated by the "hug" preview. Hahaha. I really wanted it to be the hug to finally define them. 

Can't wait for the next episodes!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, agenth said:

And I really, really hate HSJ for perpetuating the lie that LSH "killed" his friend. Is this happening in the webtoon as well? Basically LSH isolates himself, apart from the few times he reached out to LJK. That's not healthy. 

yes this also happened in the webtoon. but the webtoon lack depth in the characters which was part of the reason why i dropped it. This drama is alot better than the webtoon in my opinion. i didn't dislike HSJ as much in the webtoon though . The HSJ here is arghhh... again i don't think they deviated from the webtoon. The drama HSJ is the HSJ from the webtoon but better (or badder), likewish LSH is the same but with way more expressions, LJH is the same but not as dimwitted or shallow. 

• Like 1

As someone left school almost decades ago, I really love this drama. The characters in this drama really resonates how the school children behaves (usually in public school, with parents from various background). Loves all the characters Suhoo, SeoJun, JugYeong and their friends. Teenagers can be nasty and can be good as well, it has been shows clearly in the drama. Remember this is 18 years old teens. Conflict do happen and all the actors and actresses including the support actors and actresses are very good! The JugYeong mother is also actress from Parasite movie and CLOY. I love the oldest sister and teacher which is very good too! 

• Like 3

Interlude...

EPISODE 6

This show Makes Me Happy.NONE of the shows This Year did that. IT has a Very Happy Feel Overall.Credit to IJG and Unnie!!!

First of all UNNIE I love You....You Shock and Rock My world, If A Man would be like You I'd marry that Man.Lol The Kiss between Unnie and Teacher was So cute, their Role Reversal is nice to see.

Mom Is Crazy , Dad is helpless, and somehow was able to detect that IJG and Suho have like love vibes.Hence he was Tensed.Suho and Lil Dongsaeng Discussion over IJG and the Very evident CUTE HEIGHT Difference...Omo that Won me Over.And they way they kept on formally denoting themselves.

Drunk Unnie and Suho should be Banned from encountering each other,poor guy always ends up being Traumatized Due to her.First the Puke now Im family Almost Broke his Spine hahah.Oh the Weight He bears.

Suho saves IJG , Suho's Intense Eyes.Man the writers have literally rolled the ball in his Court.

OK Writers Give Chance to Seojoon , his Badass Vibes and Comic Timings Are Pure Gold.KUdos to IJG for Rawring at Tarzan hahahahaha.

Karaoke Fight ...Wow Suho His eyes and the way He Plonks one of the Morons :wow2:and then enters Sujin, the gal is literally more Powerful than all the 10 men combined in that Very Room.GIRLPOWER FTW.

CEW acted the BEST in Ep.6 Claps for that.MGY whenever she cries I sniff, Very very Good Performance, she literally shines through those scenes, And today CEW and Her chemistry was Gelling soo soo Good.

HIY is Legit Being Underused Here I feel, He has Great Potential but all I see is Suho I dont mind that But the See-Saw needs a Balance, else they I guess Changed a hole Lot from Comic in the adaptation.Make me feel Some Sparking SPARKS between Seojoon and IJG as well duh!!Maybe I can then getover His Guiltrip Issue.

Special Mention to SJ tarzan Flexible Dance, whatever that was...Was Fun Hehehe.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, flo_oni said:

@Shine2111 Wow! Is it true that people on Naver are praising CEW now for his acting on the rooftop? That makes me so happy. Hehe. Fighting, CEW!!!

@kehrite I think SJ really did start going after JK because he noticed SH was interested in her, and his true interest only began because he started getting to know her. But, yes! The underwear scene was comedy gold! Haha. HIY is such a great actor, so much so that we love him when he's being an adorable SJ and hate him when he's being a spiteful SJ.  

P.S. I feel cheated by the "hug" preview. Hahaha. I really wanted it to be the hug to finally define them. 

Can't wait for the next episodes!

It is. In fact, media released a lot of articles praising eunwoo's acting, telling how he showed romantic, awkward, crying & angry action in these two episodes. 

• Like 3

So I was a fan of the webtoon since earlier this year. I dropped the webtoon once Suho left, he was the reason why I liked the story.
I love Suho character. He is just my type. I love ML who are "smart, honest, quiet, emotionless face, lone wolf" I find them so captivating and interesting. They don't say that much but they have a lot of give. 

So when I heard CEW will play in the adaptation, I was excited. I was sad that he was just a cameo or SML in REVENGE NOTE even if I like Park Solomon too as ML. Here I can root for him just like I already love Suho character in the webtoon. 

The drama is definetly so good (much better than what I expected).I can't believe I watch high school them Kdrama again (since I'm already 31). I just hope they don't mess with the ending because the webtoon is a mess right now.

Spoiler

(I got shocked to know that Seojun and Jukyung dated and now they broke up) . The writer lost her direction.

SUHO vs SEOJUN in the webtoon 

- Suho is the smart lone wolf, emotionless face,rich, distant, cold (softie for people he appreciate). His face just scream "Mind your own businesses". He seems to want to distant himself from others (understandable he lost a friend to suicide and one is blaming him for his death. You just won't be able to trust new friends again and our FL is the one to whom he can share some lovely romantic interraction. His family is a mess, nobody is on his side, he may have depression (for his emotionless face to keep things inside himself and pretending everything is alright as long as I say so).He lives with some guilt which is harmful to his mental health and mental health affect his physical health. He needs to liberate himself from it and I hope our FL will help him to overcome it because I doubt he will be able to do it alone. But despite all those bad things happening to his life HE IS THE LIFE SAVIOR of OUR FEMALE LEAD (the white knight which is making me worry a little if he is ML or SML here). 

- Seojun is the nosy guy, he is the popular guy at school that know everybody and everybody want to be bestfriend with him. He is fun, lively, talkative, he shows a "cool, sociable, friendly" image. He have lots of friends, hardworking, loves his family and his family loves him. I find him a little annoying with his unwanted comment but I think nosy character like him can help those who have trouble to be sociable/friendly like Suho.
(I didn't finish the webtoon so I didn't really had enough information about his character and personality since most early episodes were focused on Suho and dropped the webtoon once he left) So I'm be a little bias towards SUHO.

But even if i know more about Seojun, I will still be TeamSUHO in the webtoon and hardcore TeamSUHO in the drama. Yeah I'm loyal to him WHY?

Spoiler

Because he protected Jukyung. In the webtoon, Suho saved Jugyeong from getting hit by a bus and was hospitalized for several months with a brain hemorrhage and fractured ribs and neck.
If a man loves you, is good to you and is ready to die for you, no need to think twice, DATE HIM. If you love him too, PERFECT MARRY HIM. Don't let him go, wait for him, cross the ocean for him.....

NB: I think in the drama they changed that scene with Suho saving her life from suicide to make it less dramatic since having Suho ...full of blood, in hospital for months will make the story too long and he will miss lots of exams period or dropped school...and it's going to be hard to bring him back in the story again (plot wise). But still glad that in both scenario HE SAVED HER LIFE. 

I know Seojun can be a good, sweet, loving boyfriend. He is so extra, full of energy, hardworking....and may love Jukyung without make up more (like Suho). But if he never put his life in danger to save Jukyung or saved Jukyung from death, sorry Suho is a better choice. Of course we should take a look at different reason if Seojun offer something more, then I may consider him too. (And I'm not talking about better chemistry, buying gifts, leaving his job/career....NO...I'm talking about SACRIFICE). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hyall said:

Hey @Gamechanger11 I'm 65 and I watch school dramas all the time. There's no age limit

I'm so happy to know that. And it's even more surprising to see you here. WOW. I hope to be the same once I will be your age. We should appreciate things no matter our age.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

Suddenly up to date. Have also read the webtoon. Drama is very different, but also like the change they made. We clearly see the spark and attraction between Suho and Ju-Kyung. While i think Ju-Kyung and Seo-Joon have a friend interaction. To me at Ju-Kyung sees Seo-Joon as only a friend. I hope to see Ju-Kyung is more gonna make Suho and Seo-Joon finally talk about what happened with their friend and become friends again. I just personally think it would be more meaningful see this three become friends even if Ju-Kyung and Suho is dating. It would also make this turning away from the typical love triangle and also be about friendship. 

• Like 2

There is no age limit to enjoy dramas even if not your own age range.

I am 48 myself. Cool @Gamechanger11 @hyall

I watch all varieties as long as the story is good. LOL. I love actors too that helps.

Looking forward to this week's episodes here are highlights posted of other episodes

plus major bummer no episodes this week. :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sad no episodes this week.

Heart thumping moments of our OTP from ep 5 and 6

The chemi between our drama goddesses (bus FL sees her old bullies)

Later when FL is held hostage so SJ is lured to the noraebang place

Cute moments from FL and SJ

SJ asking his sis how she met FL, when he found out about bullying he was appropriate to be mad at her for not telling him but relieved FL was nice to her (awww softening his heart to FL)

, I enjoyed watching again SJ dance in his boxers (revisited) go to 4:39

More goodies since no episode this week

Spoiler

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

I just finished binging the first 6 episodes and I absolutely love this so far! I started reading a little bit of the webtoon before this, and stopped when I realized that there were 100+ chapters and it was still ongoing! (Yikes! don't have that much patience!).  I figured they would have to change it up some to fit into 16 episodes, and I like what they are doing with it. 

Let me just say that Ju-Kyung is the cutest FL ever! From the younger version on up, they are so cute!.  Mun Ka Young is doing a great job playing this character and making us love her from the start. I adore Im Ju-Kyung's family, especially her sister who is so straight forward. She's hilarious. I'm glad that they have Lee Soo Ho (with his handsome self), starting to like her without makeup at the comic book shop, before the realization that she was the same person as the one at school. When he told her she was pretty without makeup, my heart just melted. 

Han Seo Joon's voice is sexy as all get out, but I feel she treats him more like a sibling than an a possible love interest. (and I'm okay with that).   I love her friends, and I hope they stay true to her to the very end. (even if it strays from the webtoon).  Everyone seems to have an interesting back story.  I can't wait to watch them go through their individual journeys of healing with Ju Kyung in their lives. 

The way these girls are bullied because of their looks is sickening sad. And some of the bullies aren't all that pretty themselves.

My mom always taught me that when you call someone beautiful, it's always because their inner beauty shines through.  And I guess that's what this drama (webtoon) is going to be emphasizing hence it's title - "True Beauty" :heart:

p.s. I may have to rewatch all the episodes until the new one comes out. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1