[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

I'm waiting him on action movie or drama !! :love: 

spacer.png

Cha Eun Woo Talks About “True Beauty,” Support From ASTRO Members, Genres He Wants To Try, And More

Feb 19, 2021

by C. Hong

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo recently participated in a series of interviews about the end of his tvN drama “True Beauty.”

Based on the hit webtoon, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about a girl named Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), a high school student who uses makeup to hide her insecurities about her looks. Cha Eun Woo co-starred as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who has his own emotional wounds.

In an interview with OSEN, he shared that he had felt pressured about the comments that said he looked like the webtoon character. He said, “As the webtoon was being published, [ASTRO member] Moonbin said that the character looked like me. I wondered if that was true. Su Ho is a very cool character, so I thought we were only about 50 percent similar.”

He continued, “It wasn’t like I didn’t feel the pressure. I think that a drama, which moves in three dimensions, has a different appeal from the webtoon, but we had to bring to life what made the webtoon enjoyable.”

spacer.png

In an interview with Sports DongA, he said, “‘True Beauty’ had a lot of elements from a variety of genres mixed in, from comedy to action to thriller to horror. It was a chance for me to indirectly experience all these different genres. Jang Hye Jin told me that I was good at comedy, that I was surprisingly funny, and recommended that I try comedy. PD [producing director] Kim Sang Hyup told me that I did action well. I want to try both genres someday.”

He added, “I want to break out of the judgment that I can only play cool-looking characters. I really want to try new things. There’s a lot of things that I haven’t been able to show yet. I think that if I slowly reveal each one, I’ll naturally break through that kind of judgment. I have confidence that I can do a role that would break [my image] into pieces.”

spacer.png

In an interview with HeraldPOP, Cha Eun Woo shared that he had gotten a lot of support from the other ASTRO members. “Rocky and JinJin would send me proof that they were watching the broadcast,” he said. “They’d also joke around and tell me to give them spoilers for the next episode. Sanha and MJ would shout, ‘Lim Ju Gyeong! Ju Gyeong!’ whenever they saw me. Sanha likes to do impressions of me from the drama. Moonbin told me that I did the action scenes in the drama well.”

About filming with the “True Beauty” cast, he said, “It was really fun to work with [Moon] Ga Young and [Hwang] In Yeop. We had great chemistry together and it was always really fun to be on set. The atmosphere on set was very warm. It really felt like we were all friends at school. Because we’re all around the same age, we played a lot of jokes as well. I started trainee life when I was in high school, so I have some regrets about missing out on that, but I think I experienced a little of school life with friends through this drama.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

In an interview with Maeil Kyungje, Cha Eun Woo talked about shedding tears on a recent episode of “Master in the House” while talking about marriage. He said, “I found myself tearing up while listening to So Yi Hyun and In Gyo Jin. I was also surprised at myself. I thought that I probably looked stupid. It’s not that I had thought seriously about getting married, but I was envious of the idea that these two people could be so happy together and share even their innermost thoughts with each other.”

source : soompi article

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:20 AM, nitnot said:

I'm waiting him on action movie or drama !! :love:

source : soompi article

Your wish is granted! he is considering a new role in an upcoming OCN drama "Island" as an exorcist priest together with Kim Nam Gil and Seo Yea Ji! Hope he will accept it!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Being waiting for this since last year as it was only available in Viki back then. Immediately started watching when I saw it in Netflix. I liked Moon Ga-young's performance in Find Me in Your Memory and I also liked her funny role here. Currently in episode 11 and I'm glad the FL and ML will end up together (I cheated a bit by reading the ending). I have never been a fan of the 2ML, but in fairness he has a bit of chemistry with the FL, unlike in Why Her when the chemistry with the FL was severely lacking.

• 1 year later...