[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

9 hours ago, starrynic said:

TEXT PREVIEW

Ju-kyung and Suho had to separate.

Ju-kyung realized after separating that the little kid she met in the comic shop was Suho. That makes her feelings even more hurt.

Time passes…

Ju-kyung becomes a college student and is an intern at Selena’s shop who she looked up to.

Meanwhile, Seo-joon angrily confesses all his old buried feelings to Ju-kyung.

Ju-kyung is surprised and confused with Seo-joon’s unexpected confession. 

Ju-kyung sees Suho in a special place like it is fate…

cr: https://www.dramamilk.com/preview-true-beauty-ep-15-spoilers-release-date/

@starrynic thanks for this text preview, I looked at the preview for episode 15 yesterday and was so worried when it looked like JK & Suho broke up & JK told Suho she didn't miss him. It bothered me because I thought I wasted my time watching this drama just to find out they broke up in the end. I'm just hoping for a happy ending with those 2 since they actually met when they were kids. I also can't wait for it to be revealed what Suho wrote on the wall of the comic book store in reply to JK scribbling there.

As for that Soo-jin she continues to get on my last nerve with her devious deeds and lack of remorse. In my eyes she's honestly beyond redemption. I do hope I don't have to see much more of her in the coming last 2 episodes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shari said:

It bothered me because I thought I wasted my time watching this drama just to find out they broke up in the end. I'm just hoping for a happy ending with those 2 since they actually met when they were kids. I also can't wait for it to be revealed what Suho wrote on the wall of the comic book store in reply to JK scribbling there.

@Sharioh you’re welcome! Also, they make the previews to mess with our minds. If you remember, the preview of episode 14 was NOTHING like episode 14 itself. The ending of episode 14 (scene after 2 years time jump) was made to mess with us too. Don’t worry! I’m confident our OTP will end up together. They have already said their “I love you”s too! :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

@nrllee

Well, if the 3 lil girls didn't reject Ju Gyung, she wouldn't have met Su Ho. So it wasn't a total loss. :blush:That whole childhood flashback is like the most clichéd in K-dramas. I am just so curious to find out what Su Ho wrote behind that couch at the comic book rental place LoL! 

Yea, I admire Ju Gyung for handling all her struggles with optimism and well..loads of clumsiness & embarrassing moments too. Who can forget how she sat on Su Ho's shoulder instead of a chair ha-ha?! :joy:

I think the biggest question is how can I be Ju Gyung LoL?!!? :tounge_wink: Girl is being pursued by 2 hotties. 1 is already her bf, the other stays loyally by her side and not long ago an ace baseball player was after her too. 

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Well, if the 3 lil girls didn't reject Ju Gyung, she wouldn't have met Su Ho. So it wasn't a total loss. :blush:That whole childhood flashback is like the most clichéd in K-dramas. I am just so curious to find out what Su Ho wrote behind that couch at the comic book rental place LoL! 

Actually this whole drama is filled with cliches and well worn tropes but for some reason I really don’t mind it.  I blame the pandemic.  When the whole world is falling apart around you, you find solace in the familiar.  So bring on the cliches.  We even had truck (car) of doom and the requisite slow-mo levitation act by SuHo (like wow...).  As for becoming JK?  True beauty is the ticket.  Or so the writer is trying to allude to.  That hot boys like SuHo and SeoJun are attracted to ugly ducklings with hearts of gold.   So BE like JK :lol:.  Even if you don’t get the hot boys lining up to knock on your door, hey, you’re leaving the world a better place for having lived.  That’s gotta count for something.  :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@nrllee

I find it amusing that both Ju Young & Seo Joon have one-sided loves on each of their respective sisters LoL! :lol: In fact the tropes and clichés in earlier ep. turn me off a lil but I stayed for eye candy cast, mostly for Seo Joon though. :kiss_wink:

The levitation scene was beyond ridiculous ha-ha. Like wth was that?! While poor Seo Joon is lying on ground.. hurt tsk. :unamused: Is it 'cause Su Ho is a guardian (his name in Korean means guardian) so is that why he floated Idk eheheh??

If only there were hotties that do go beyond the physical appearance huh? Sighs. :sleepy: 

I appreciate how Ju Gyung thanked Seo Joon for getting the bullying videos deleted. I liked that he told her she looked no different with or without makeup & couldn't understand the big deal surrounding it. 

Sounds like you're already a Ju Gyung in the making @nrllee:blush: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

EP 13/14 Review

Both the episodes had me go AIGOOOOOO.....

I find myself wishing for a S2 , Give Jujoon A chance man, they have like Hidden Potential!!!!!

I find myself more interested in Grapefruit and Unnie's Love story>>>I FREAKING LOVE THEM

Im Ju Yeong and Han soo are so cute. Baby Love. Aww.

I am Not SURE which Team I ever was On, THERE IS NO TEAM I am like their classmates I ship IJG with Both Manchildren and I ship both Sujoon Together as Well.Ottuke OTTUKE!!! :crybaby:

IJG self realization and breaking the Barrier of SELF hatred was a Progress HUGE ONE, She finally got a Healthy set of friends, 2/3 who have feelings for her still. Interpersonal relationship can make or break a Person.IJG finally channeling her Inner IM Lady Genes was EPIC. I am glad she learnt to accept herself and Someone finally told her to DRINK MORE WATER!!!!

Seojoon Gosh ! The man is a Buddha when it comes to Patience, He may have manipulated Suho but it when it came to loyalty as a friend at both ends He very well passed that.

Sujin I can't even , she is mentally not healthy , she needs communication else she is too self destructive.

Su Ah >>She surprised me , A lot of times a Superficial person can be way more Depthfull she proved that! NEVER Judge a Book by its Cover.

Suho's insecurity and weird dreams have a reason , he is an abandoned Kid in some sense.But his softness is cute.

Mom finally realizing how much bullying did IJG suffer and cry her heart out. Understand that why she is rude has a reason, Her husband kept on loosing money, she had 3 Kids to take care of, A house , A job, something had to go a miss. She is Human after-all. Besides A teen girl not studying and Buying makeup will make Any Mom mad. Cosmetology is not exactly a Run of the Mill Ideal Job. IJG and Mom needed better communication, middle child always gets ignored somehow. Glad it got sorted.

My expectations from EP 15-16.

Please gimme a S2>>I CANNOT DECIDE A TEAM!!! It has never happened in my 20+ years of watching Love stories.

I sooo soo want to see a Seojoon-Jukyeong 

Can they make a Twin of IJG so both Manchildren are happy.

I want Suho and IJG together as Well.

I want to see a Baby Grapefruit who is as Confident as Unnie and Caring as his Appa.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

I want to see a Baby Grapefruit who is as Confident as Unnie and Caring as his Appa.

@madmad min LOL I’d love to see baby grapefruit too aww so cute 

As much as all of Team Seojun wants to see SJ and JK together, but, like SJ himself has told Su Ho in that field trip episode, doesn’t it matter what JK wants? And sadly, the only one she has loved from the very beginning is Su Ho. Sorry :( but I think JK’s endgame is SH. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, starrynic said:

As much as all of Team Seojun wants to see SJ and JK together, but, like SJ himself has told Su Ho in that field trip episode, doesn’t it matter what JK wants? And sadly, the only one she has loved from the very beginning is Su Ho. Sorry :( but I think JK’s endgame is SH. 

I agree...she only likes SH and has friendzone SJ since the beginning. Plus SH is a wonderful boyfriend to her so there is no reason for her to look at SJ. Her heart and eyes are all on SH and he loves her back because of who she is and not just a pretty face. 

#teamSuho# fighting :hooray:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Season 2 is very impossible for this drama because it'll be predictable and the plot is already obtained. Junkyung gain her self-esteem and confidence, she is finally confident in her own self (thanks to Suho). So, there's no need for a second season bcs that will solely be based on love triangle. Then if that's the case, the story will lose its plot/ value.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not sure what a season two will do to the story of this drama, there's not much left to tell. (The webtoon has been stretched so thin in terms of plot, honestly and that's become an issue, but that's for another day.)

Anyways, cannot wait for the last two episodes so we can all sit back and collect our beautiful SH & JK endgame. They even included the childhood connection, that's when you know they're endgame. <3

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, kate-kane said:

Anyways, cannot wait for the last two episodes so we can all sit back and collect our beautiful SH & JK endgame. They even included the childhood connection, that's when you know they're endgame. <3

So true. I can’t wait for the last 2 episodes too, and finally see what SH wrote in Prince Comics! I’m kinda sad that it’s ending though. But it has been a fun ride! I seriously never thought that I’d like a high school drama but this one exceeded my expectations. The comedic parts are so funny, yet not cringey. I haven’t laughed so much in a while. The supporting cast are all so good too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, starrynic said:

So true. I can’t wait for the last 2 episodes too, and finally see what SH wrote in Prince Comics! I’m kinda sad that it’s ending though. But it has been a fun ride! I seriously never thought that I’d like a high school drama but this one exceeded my expectations. The comedic parts are so funny, yet not cringey. I haven’t laughed so much in a while. The supporting cast are all so good too. 

Same, I don’t watch high school dramas but this one was funny and nice to watch in the midst of this pandemic. Hope to see all three in a new drama next.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, starrynic said:

Its so typical.They gave Sujin More screentime than Seojoon.I dont know the webtoon, I do know the Webtoon has both Men at equal capacity.Besides Love can develop and change as a Mature person , not in a K drama Lol.

Seojoon had equal potential but In all honesty Suho took a Whole lot more time.

More than IJG growth journey it was Suhos as well.Actually Suhos bit was more than IJG in that aspect.

I want a S2 to explore JuJoon and then Finally end up with Suho or whosoever but that Guy deserved a Bit better. 

Else bring Seojoons destined Lady before show ends.Lmao.

Tbh I know kdramas are 16 episodes but they could've wrapped this up in episode 14 if they didn't do that contrived Suho going abroad trope. I wonder how they'll drag out the remaining two episodes. I don't have faith that they won't drag out the love triangle until the very end of ep 16. Like damn let Seojun move on. Also justice for PYN I feel like some of her scenes might have been cut. Her whole arc was so choppy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

Tbh I know kdramas are 16 episodes but they could've wrapped this up in episode 14 if they didn't do that contrived Suho going abroad trope. I wonder how they'll drag out the remaining two episodes. I don't have faith that they won't drag out the love triangle until the very end of ep 16. Like damn let Seojun move on. Also justice for PYN I feel like some of her scenes might have been cut. Her whole arc was so choppy.

Actually my friend also told me that she’d have been contented with the ending of episode 13. But I loved all the sweet lovey dovey moments in episode 14. I think they just wanted to follow some of the plot in the webtoon by having SH also leave Korea and the time jump. But I agree about Soo Jin’s story arc.  @softestfairy Suddenly, she’s out of the picture. I wonder if we will see more of her in the final 2 episodes. 

1 hour ago, softestfairy said:

Actually I thought there is many more story they could tell seeing them enter college and becoming young adult. So I am looking forward to mature version of them. :D 

Yeah I know it feel kinda cliche having SH leave for US. But then consider one of the minor storyline involved the conflict between him and his father so they both needed to reconcile. So having SH tending to his father while he is sick is a way for them to get a closure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sal2 said:

Actually I thought there is many more story they could tell seeing them enter college and becoming young adult. So I am looking forward to mature version of them

@sal2 I’m looking forward to the mature versions of them too! More fashionable outfits too :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1