[Drama 2020/2021] True Beauty, 여신강림

0ly40

@Latte_Anyday so were you Team Edward or Team Jacob?  :lol:.  

I think SeoJun had to confess his feelings for “closure” as some have mentioned here (no regrets, so he can say that he’s been honest and open) and to finally get an answer from JK.  JK is not one who will “get” his subliminal hints.  Personally I doubt she will date SJ in the interim.  There’s not enough time before the finale.  Unless they push for a S2.  And if she does do that, it’s only going to cause more heartache for SeoJun because we all know SuHo has been set up as her “one true love” from the beginning.  JK has never once felt that way for SJ so far?  So the question for them is if their casual friendship will suffer a setback because things start to get awkward between them?  Will they be “adult” enough to move past the one-sided confession (and potential rejection) and remain good friends regardless?   But to SeoJun’s credit, he fights fair.  He doesn’t undermine or seek to sully SuHo behind his back in front of JK to his (SeoJun) own advantage.  Unlike SooJin.  Ball is then firmly in JK’s court to choose between the two of them. 

I am waiting for subs (and time) to watch last night’s ep.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Episode 14 ending got me shook because of the 2 year time jump.. Of course the drama decides to follow the webtoon in this aspect, which rekted me when I first read the webtoon... I just want to see Suho and Jugyeong be together and be happy by the end of this drama.

I loved Suho and Seojun bromance so much in this episode and the fact that Suho got Seojun to sing :cutekitty:  Honestly I love their friendship so I hope it will keep going until the end of the drama! Knetizens were right about Seojun wanting to confess to get over his feelings faster. It totally make sense so I wasn’t too worried about him asking Suho that.. I also love how Seojun talked about it with Suho too! 

Our leads are adults now in the last two episodes so let's see what'll happen once Suho comes back from America.. It seems like Seojun will be friends and by Jugyeong’s side while Suho is in America and Jugyeong won’t accept Suho immediately.. Sigh let’s see if they get back together or if Seojun x Jugyeong will happen.. Another long wait..:brokenheart:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Episode 14 ending got me shook because of the 2 year time jump.. Of course the drama decides to follow the webtoon in this aspect, which rekted me when I first read the webtoon... I just want to see Suho and Jugyeong be together and be happy by the end of this drama.

I loved Suho and Seojun bromance so much in this episode and the fact that Suho got Seojun to sing   Honestly I love their friendship so I hope it will keep going until the end of the drama! Knetizens were right about Seojun wanting to confess to get over his feelings faster. It totally make sense so I wasn’t too worried about him asking Suho that.. I also love how Seojun talked about it with Suho too! 

Our leads are adults now in the last two episodes so let's see what'll happen once Suho comes back from America.. It seems like Seojun will be friends and by Jugyeong’s side while Suho is in America and Jugyeong won’t accept Suho immediately.. Sigh let’s see if they get back together or if Seojun x Jugyeong will happen.. Another long wait..

Yeah I hope these three can maintain their friendship instead of break up because of one girl. I hope we get a good ending with all of them grown up and pursuing their education or career choices. I’m going to skip today’s episode and wait until next week so I can watch all three episodes together. Lol 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, piluche said:

Yeah I hope these three can maintain their friendship instead of break up because of one girl. I hope we get a good ending with all of them grown up and pursuing their education or career choices. I’m going to skip today’s episode and wait until next week so I can watch all three episodes together. Lol 

Lol.. I thought I was the only who plans to skip today's episode!

Yeah, I streamed the show last night but I need to watch it one more time with subtitles. But I dont think I can make it for ep. 14. It has a lot of sweet scenes tho .... but my heart hurts knowing Suho has to go to the states. And although I believe a happy ending for suho and jukyung, I still need to prepare my heart if something bad happens:sad1:

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, airasara said:

Lol.. I thought I was the only who plans to skip today's episode!

Yeah, I streamed the show last night but I need to watch it one more time with subtitles. But I dont think I can make it for ep. 14. It has a lot of sweet scenes tho .... but my heart hurts knowing Suho has to go to the states. And although I believe a happy ending for suho and jukyung, I still need to prepare my heart if something bad happens

Same...I can’t afford to be depress for a whole week so I’m skipping it and will wait to binge those last three episodes together 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, piluche said:

Same...I can’t afford to be depress for a whole week so I’m skipping it and will wait to binge those last three episodes together 

I don’t have the determination to wait till next week lol. I can’t wait to see the beach date scenes already after watching episode 13. Though I truly believe our OTP will end up together after all. As many of you said, I don’t think they will set them up right from the first episode to have JK and SJ end up together in the end. Our OTP met as kids too! This is most definitely kdrama “destiny”, lol. 

• Like 4

i just hope there would not be s2 and some stupid cliffhanger like in love alarm, first this is 16 ep drama and second there is literally nothing for s2 plot except for seo jun and jk relationship that team seo jun pursuit

this suho's sudden leaving and seo jun still clinging onto jk is already sloppy writing, i just hope she will end up with suho bc nothing else would make sense, kindoff regretting to watch this drama

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Omg, the ending of episode 14 makes me sad!:tears:.

Spoiler

Ok that 2 year time jump ending of episode 14 is engineered to mess with our minds right? They want us to believe that JK is with SJ but I seriously don’t think so. Right right?? Anybody??

I just feel like that ending is so contrived. Like how the friends saying SJ should come and look after drunk JK (supposedly as her bf), and how drunk JK put her head on SJ’s shoulders and saying: “Ah, you came.” 

I refuse to believe that SH and JK won’t end up together! 

Actually also want to add that the previews like to mess with us. The preview for episode 14 wants us to believe that SH was jealous when SJ told him he wants to confess. Nothing of that sort. Also, SH saying he wants to break up is in a dream. So. I’m not gonna be misled this time. Something happened in the 2 years when SH was away in the US but I don’t think JK dated SJ during that time. We need to know what happened in that time and we can only wait till next week urgh :tears:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starrynic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ok that 2 year time jump ending of episode 14 is engineered to mess with our minds right? They want us to believe that JK is with SJ but I seriously don’t think so. Right right?? Anybody??

I just feel like that ending is so contrived. Like how the friends saying SJ should come and look after drunk JK (supposedly as her bf), and how drunk JK put her head on SJ’s shoulders and saying: “Ah, you came.” 

Actually also want to add that the previews like to mess with us. The preview for episode 14 wants us to believe that SH was jealous when SJ told him he wants to confess. Nothing of that sort. Also, SH saying he wants to break up is in a dream. So. I’m not gonna be misled this time. Something happened in the 2 years when SH was away in the US but I don’t think JK dated SJ during that time. We need to know what happened in that time and we can only wait till next week urgh :tears:

@starrynicPretty sure they'll end up together since we have enough episodes for that to happen. At the same time, there's not enough time for JK and SJ's webtoon story to develop. 

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Omg, the ending of episode 14 makes me sad!:tears:.

@backstreetboysfan may not be allowed to post this but i just wanted to say i would have taken your nickname if you hadn't created it cos i've been a fan for 27 years! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starrynic said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree!!!! Maybe she is saying she didn’t miss him at all, turns around to cry and then turns back and runs to hug him....lol. Plus the drama set up SH to be this great of a guy all the way to the end, he hasn’t done anything to disappoint her or hurt her. In fact, he’s been there for her the entire time so for the writers to just break them up is just wrong. And I don’t see SJ and her dating too, I just see her waiting for SH the entire 2 years and being upset with him for not calling or coming back to see her. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, piluche said:

I agree!!!! Maybe she is saying she didn’t miss him at all, turns around to cry and then turns back and runs to hug him....lol. Plus the drama set up SH to be this great of a guy all the way to the end, he hasn’t done anything to disappoint her or hurt her. In fact, he’s been there for her the entire time so for the writers to just break them up is just wrong. And I don’t see SJ and her dating too, I just see her waiting for SH the entire 2 years and being upset with him for not calling or coming back to see her. 

you're right. I just watched the preview of ep.15 with subtitles and it's said that SJ has been keeping his feelings for these 2 years which means they ain't dating. The most possible one is that Junkyung may start to think whether she has feelings for him or not. But then suddenly she meets Suho and it still breaks her heart knowing that she's still in love with him but she cant hide her disappointment of him breaking her heart that's why she said she doesn't miss him at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, piluche said:

Maybe she is saying she didn’t miss him at all, turns around to cry and then turns back and runs to hug him....lol.

@pilucheyes yes yes!!! I want that please! Also now I really want to know what SH wrote on the wall at Prince Comics underneath what kid JK wrote. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, starrynic said:

@pilucheyes yes yes!!! I want that please! Also now I really want to know what SH wrote on the wall at Prince Comics underneath what kid JK wrote. 

Maybe that will be what saved him to get her back? Lol...she is upset...goes to Prince Comic to cry her eyes out, turn around and see his writing. Then realize that he’s the little boy from when she was little. Ahhhhhh....ok my imagination is going wild here. I have all sort of endings for them :ohboy2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, piluche said:

Maybe that will be what saved him to get her back? Lol...she is upset...goes to Prince Comic to cry her eyes out, turn around and see his writing. Then realize that he’s the little boy from when she was little. Ahhhhhh....ok my imagination is going wild here. I have all sort of endings for them

That’ll work! That’s actually a good ending lol. I’m sure JK will find out by herself eventually that he’s the little boy, since SH had no intention of jolting her memory. 

• Love 1

@nrllee

Team Jacob but that's beside the point ha-ha!:tounge_wink: In ep. 15 preview, Cho Rong is seen cajoling Seo Joon to come clean with his feelings for Ju Gyung as he held back for 2 years.:flushed:Doesn't beat Jung Hae In from A Piece of Your Mind who had a one-sided crush for 10 years.:scream: :joy:

Right now it's a lot to pack in just 2 ep. As is the case in most K-Dramas, they always do the time jump and rush everything.:unamused: Well they already did the time jump as Seo Joon picks up a drunk Ju Gyung 2 years later. Out of respect to Su Ho & for Ju Gyung's sake, I think he'd be heartbroken the same as Han Ji Pyeong of "Start Up" which sucks either way LoL. Are men from the Han clan doomed or what LoL?!!?

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

I think Ju Kyung imagined SJ as SH in the last scene becoz she was drunk. I love friendship between SH&SJ and SJ&JK. So SJ&JK dating while SH away is big no no. It is gonna break all things and everybody loses everybody. So i am sure JK was a dear friend to SJ and waited for SH during this 2 years. Hope SJ is a popular idol with girls lining up for him. Not everybody's first love comes true and in the long run its all beautiful memories to cherish. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Firefly said:

I think Ju Kyung imagined SJ as SH in the last scene becoz she was drunk. I love friendship between SH&SJ and SJ&JK. So SJ&JK dating while SH away is big no no. It is gonna break all things and everybody loses everybody. So i am sure JK was a dear friend to SJ and waited for SH during this 2 years. Hope SJ is a popular idol with girls lining up for him. Not everybody's first love comes true and in the long run its all beautiful memories to cherish. 

I agree with you....doesn’t make sense to have SJ and JK date while SH is away. Totally ruin all their relationships...I do hope the writers have a good ending for SJ though. 

• Like 3

Reminds me a scene from A little thing called first love with Lai Kuanlin. His character sent his gf alone to abroad for her studies and they broke up and havent called each other once. When she returns, she rejected him becoz in her heart, she is afraid she is gonna be broken hearted again if she accepts him. But he was waiting for her whole time and wanted her to focus on her studies and when she comes back, he cant contain himself any longer and he pretended that he is hurt, she comes running to him and he confesses sincerely and they are together. I think similiar story will happen here.