[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Mr Honesty 不说谎恋人

pad-hari

*sigh* Now the dragging parts begins. I absolutely hate it when characters are strong, even lecturing their boss without fail but let their family step over them. She longs for talking back but doesn’t, always agree with her aunt and cousin. Her aunt isn’t calculating, she is cruel. What she did to her as little child can’t be excused and uncle, even though he knows that it is wrong, never helps after all. No wonder she has problems to commit fully in a relationship after such a childhood.

What I saw in the previews the Drama gets down the drain, turning into ridiculous moping whatever except our hero being true to all and himself. Hope they showed only the ridiculous parts.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching episodes 17 & 18, I had disliked Yi Ren's aunt & cousin before, but now truly disliked them 1000x. They are lower than dirt. They are both calculating, selfish, greedy people. I mean Yi Ren is really family. Her parents died, yet they treat her like a slave or ATM at the  moment. 

Based on the previews, seems like Boss Fang will be make a visit to their house for dinner and I hope with his blunt and honest self will put both of them in their place for taking advantage of Yi Ren. 

But what I really hope happens is for Yi Ren to stand up for herself in front of them and not let them walk all over her. I mean, yes she's grateful that they raised her after her parents died, but in actually they didn't do much. She practically raised herself. Her cousin took everything from her (even when her uncle wanted to provide things for Yi Ren). Her aunt basically treated her like a servant to do this and that. How is it Yi Ren's responsibility to look and pay for an apartment for them to live?!!! Ugh...they irk me nonetheless.

Yeah, I have to agree with above poster.  I was watching this from the beginning and quite liked it.   Now I am watching with fast forward button pressed all the time.  I can’t stand spineless characters.  Not only the aunt and cousin, the second lead as well.  Who is he to her to push her around like that.  She should have put him straight and say either respect her or get out of her life.  Anymore and it would be deemed harassment.

I have not yet watched ep.17 & 18, but after reading the posts above, I feel sorry for the FL and same old cliche coming. 

I saw some videos of this week episodes in weibo, OMG!!! The ML is too sweet and all his pent up cute emotions, he is showing towards the FL.  So cute!!!!:smooches2:

Also,  anybody feel the voice over for LJ is not so good as hers?? She should have dubbed her own voice.  She had a good one in eternal love series.  

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

i wanted to kill them when i saw what they are doing to YiRen...... honestly....isnt that too much??? she was only left with 2 noodles to eat!!! i really want Fang ZhiYou to be the one who sat besides her that night during dinner and gave both the aunt and cousin the dress down they needed.....as what was imagine in YiRen's head lols....that will be nice huh :D 

I know right ... they're not even decent human beings. It's supposedly a "family dinner" but they don't have any common decency nor empathy for YR.  How do you go about having her over for dinner and yet and have food for her. Didn't even bother with it. There was no guilty feelings that she didn't have anything to eat. What irks me even more is I'm sure her Uncle knows that is wife & daughter has mistreated YR. Yet, he does and says nothing...he's so weak!!!!

I would love for ZY to really give them a piece of his mind because we know how brutally honest and blunt he is. But I have a feeling that even if he was brutally honest with them, they wouldn't even care and would just verbally attack him or make life more miserable for YR (cause after all their excuse is that they are family).

YR's conniving aunt only cares about her & her daughter. Their goal in moving to a bigger city where YR currently lives is to try to "live off" and "use"  YR as well as hook up her daughter to a rich boyfriend. What is she smoking?! With her daughter's attitude and personality, does she really think that she would be able to find herself a rich guy. Now, let's say she does, will that rich guy stay with her long enough to marry once he sees through her snotty and selfish ways!

If the cousin thinks Li Zhi will be interested in her, she's gonna get some serious wake up call soon. If front of them, he's shown that he *likes" YR. Even when her cousin was trying to 'humble' YR as to why Gao Ming broke up with her, LZ butted in and told them that basically GM's loss is his gain (paraphrasing). Doesn't that say something to them that LZ is interested in YR?!!!!! He's only currently interested in finding out if it's YR or the cousin who's the little girl he saved 5 years ago (although the timeline should be longer as that truly was little YR -- no way in 5 years she grew up so much!). Does the cousin really think LZ is that stupid? Eventually her lies will be exposed big time! Plus, LZ has already started to develop feelings for YR (even though his original plan was to take her away from ZY). Bet he didn't plan on developing feelings for her, which is why when he first found out that the little girl could be YR, he was so emotional. I do feel bad for him as YR only sees him as  a friend. She would like for him and ZY to make amends and become friends again. 

Not only do I want YR to stand up for herself, I so hope her Uncle will just once truly stand up for his niece. She has to be related to them on her Uncle's side cause her aunt has shown no love for her at all which tells me that either of her parents were not her sibling. 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

LiZhi as much as I want to care for I’m a little glad that now he had somehow became a shield in between the cousin and YIRen with ZhiYou....just imagine if we don’t have LiZhi the cousin will bound to want to hook onto ZhiYou and YiRen have enough love rival from zhiyou so called best friends who deem her unworthy 

In her utmost delusional fantasy will Zhi You actually pay a tad bit interest in her. His cold demeanor will have her scamping off the first minute. He got no time for her!!! I'm waiting for the scene that her cousin will try any attempt to seduce or flirt with Zhi You. Lets see how fast she will be scrambling for the exit as Zhi You gives her a piece of his blunt honesty as what kind of trash she is.

21 minutes ago, angelangie said:

is there such a part? Pls no ..... sigh

I can only wish the writer will include a scene of Zhi You bluntly talking down her and humiliating her cousin.

Infuriating to watch ep 17... I can’t believe YR’s phone cover got taken away just cos the cousin said she liked it. Somewhat alluding to the men in YR’s life too? Omg...why do pple like the aunt and cousin get a free pass on their nastiness? Cos they have yet to meet FZY. :P 

The next few eps should get a little annoying to watch I suppose ... :evilelmo:

I had hope for FZY to meet the cousin in ep.18 itself to give her peace of mind.  Really looking forward to that scene.  I like how XYR imagined FZY will respond to the aunt's cooking in the dinner table and also the drawing by cousin:joy:. Omg!!! FZY's drunk habits very funny!!! XYR got annoyed when he kept telling her flat-chested!!!!hehe

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I had hope for FZY to meet the cousin in ep.18 itself to give her peace of mind.  Really looking forward to that scene.  I like how XYR imagined FZY will respond to the aunt's cooking in the dinner table and also the drawing by cousin:joy:. Omg!!! FZY's drunk habits very funny!!! XYR got annoyed when he kept telling her flat-chested!!!!hehe

:hwaiting2: 

FZY is a surprisingly dexterous at cop-a-feel and his eyes have so been busy that I wonder why they are still intact ...

he is quite the comedian when drunk on ... soup ?!

Last night episode was awesome! hahahahahahha ... the cousin (or little brother) expose their relationship in the chat group which cause her to jump up from her chair.. and the CEO directly announce their relationship... hahahahahhahaha... tonight we gonna get to see "bed scene" ??? lol .. this drama gonna ends tomorrow.. gonna miss Xin Yun Lai .... hope to see him more in upcoming drama ...

Okay I make announcement here....

Xin Yun Lai officially in my fish tank!!!!!!! wakakakakakakkaka 

Just wanna share my thoughts...

thanks for all your thoughts as well

Hmmm I'm beginning to loath He Yuwen.

I totally love how Yiren and Fang Zhi You love each other.  

They are so compatible in a way since they both compliment each other.

Now both are changing for the better for each other.  

Fang Zhi You is love!  Like all of you, his "Even though i dunno how to say but i know how to do it" is right now my most swoon worthy sentence I ever heard. From Mr. Fang it is!
I love how he makes her feel loved with his words and deeds.  This guy is a keeper.  And so is Xin Yun Lai.  

Looking forward to tomorrow's episodes!

Just a question... I didn't see vids posted lately... is it not allowed?  Sorry been on off here

OMG!!! this week episodes are gem.  really enjoyed it.  The lead couple are so cute.  My new ML crack is Xin yun lai.  I could not contain my curiosity, so finished the rest of the drama- RAW. :tounge_wink:  Really enjoyed it. Here are some gifs from last week and this weeks episodes. :kiss_wink:

V0LM8vm.gif

FLWaK20.gif

lAyRlBB.gif

He is drunk and his funny drink habit is kicking in, hehe:joy:

Spoiler

jHjTNU7.gif

iH4ASkN.gif

8AkBxR9.gif

cr: weibo

Spoiler

Ku4LZ3C.gif

hm5Gfr3.gif

FK6vNEx.gif

cr: weibo

I am only on episode 4 and there is more chemistry between Fang Xie You and Li Zhe than there is between the Xie You and Yi Ren.  When Xie You and Li Zhe finally meet it was smoking!

I hope the chemistry between Xie You and Yi Ren gets better because so far I'm wishing for a BL (which I know won't happen). Hehehe!

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

nooooo BLLLLLL.......

ahahaha u want a spoiler? :D 

I do not ship Li Zhe with Fang Zhi You. No spoilers for me.

Archived