[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

Not sure about the drama yet. Love the cinematography, but some scenes felt weirdly edited(?). Anyway first time watching Sooyoung and I loved her. Her character is one whole mood!! Looking forward more to the dynamics between her and KTH's characters than the lead pair, even though I love Siwan and SSK.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the show do far. It's funny how Mi Joo and Sun Gyeom are talking but they at at cross purposes because what they saying to each other take on different meanings.

There were sparks at their first meeting and the low embers continue on the second episode. Sun Gyeom  rarely smiles and is aloof even with his team mates but he's a principled person who cannot turn away from injustice.

Was it the alcohol, his sense of justice, or he was just truly enamored, which drove him to kiss Mi Joo in front of actress Tae Ri and his a-hole presumptuous agent before telling them that Mi Joo is his girlfriend? Jinjja!

On 12/17/2020 at 1:15 PM, Binal Doshi said:

Not sure about the drama yet. Love the cinematography, but some scenes felt weirdly edited(?). Anyway first time watching Sooyoung and I loved her. Her character is one whole mood!! Looking forward more to the dynamics between her and KTH's characters than the lead pair, even though I love Siwan and SSK.

I have issues with the editing, too. The editor seems experimental and sometimes over the top that it becomes too cheesy. 

I really enjoyed watching the first episodes. I especially liked the editing of some scenes, yes, some may call them strange, but it's such a fresh look at drama and romantic comedy. We see two different worlds of the main characters, between them such a big gap, but at the same time the director showed us how these worlds collide and combine with each other, there was one scene when the rain began to fall in the scene with the heroine and slowly the scene flows into the scene with hero. The actors are incredible, such chemistry between them is such a passion, you feel it through the screen. A wonderful acting tandem of all four actors.

:fullofhearts:

Siwan is excellent in this role as well.

Seon Gyeom is persistent and he sticks to his principles.

For some strange reason,  he  reminds me of the main character in the movie ''The Barber of Siberia''...:D

EpXKoaVVEAEn72r?format=jpg&name=medium

JTBC

---------

The last drama when I watched Siwan was ''The Kings love''.

My heart sank when the king was left alone on that throne.

Not exactly a flying out the blocks start but interesting enough to get my attention for a few more episodes at least, there's a certain quirkiness to it. Im Siwan solid as usual and SSK not that bad either, her visuals top notch as expected. Can't even pinpoint what it is about her that's alluring.

2nd leads not ding much for me currently but don't know too much about them yet. Don't really think any of the SNSD members are that good actresses to be honest so may take a while for me to come around to the second pairing

I never even knew I liked ISW's body type till I saw it. Since when did my little intern in Misaeng grow up?

It doesn't look gym grown. Nice W I D E shoulders and gosh those arms. 

Lol. I delurked just to say this. Enjoying this drama and really like the heroine who has principles and sense of self- worth.

After watching three episodes of this drama, I think I'm going to stay watching it. It piqued my interest.

KEI (LOVELYZ) & JOOHEON (MONSTA X) – RIDE OR DIE (RUN ON OST PART 2)

81804218_1608701853530_1_600x600.jpg

When the nights without me feel too long
Come find me again
I’ll stand on the path you take
And wait for you
Oh, if you ever call my name
Even if time stops
I’m by your side, ride or die

Love is sometimes about change
I can change into a different me when I’m in front of you
Even if it hurts like crazy, I’ll say it doesn’t hurt
Because when you smile, that’s good enough for me
Even if things go awry and worn out
Even if things become dirty and torn up
It’s alright, I can’t treat you recklessly like a fool anymore
Because I love you recklessly like a fool

Come find me again
And wait for you
Even if time stops

MORE

Spoiler

The end of my lyrics will always be you
Even if you coldly turn around, my future is you
The cloud that decorates the blue sky is you
Even if it rains and tears fall, it’s you
Even when you run like crazy, you won’t die
Even when you hang on for your life
Love always begets love
That’s what I learned
When you’re in love
You need to change to a different you

If I can always be with you
I don’t want anything else
I can think endlessly but
You’re the only one

Whether it rains or snows
Whether you shake at the cold wind
Keep looking forward and run
I’m waiting with arms wide open like a scarecrow
Your flower that has a bright smile is blossoming
I’ll wait for your love

Even if I lose my all
I only need you
Wherever you are
Take me with you
Even when darkness comes

Come find me again
And wait for you
Even if time stops

Credit to popgasa

Okay. I found the first episode really weird maybe because I wasn't used to the editing style. But now that I'm used to it, WOW! I'm really hooked since episode 2! The editing was cute and funny and it suits the tone of the drama. Many unexpected things happened like the locker room brawl and the kiss. If I didn't see it in the preview and bts that JTBC released, I would never have guessed because Ki Seon Gyeom seems timid. But now I realized that he is definitely NOT a pushover and he will stand up for what he think is right. I have fallen in love with his character.

I also love Oh Mi-joo because she says what's on her mind and she's a smart woman. She knows what she wants and willing to work hard for it. I also like her quirkiness and I'm curious to know the story about her trauma. Does it involve the death of her parents? That's something I'm curious about.

I also love their conversation on Ep 3 about creating something that feels like "home." Siwan gave a spoiler that KSG and OMJ will live together so that's another thing to look forward to.

By the way, this drama is giving me Secret Garden feels because the leads are so different and the male lead is so weird but willing to sacrifice himself for the people he cares about. Ahh my mind is all over the place. I can't wait for Ep 4!

I'm loving this drama! I find both the ML characters really charming. It's subtle and I LOVE the banter/dialogue between the two. I don't think the English translation is doing the Korean justice. Understanding the Korean helps! 

I'm worried with how episode 4 ended and that this could turn into a cliche "I'm going to suppress my feelings" kind of way, but I think episode 5 will be telling the direction of the drama. I think these first few episode were just setting the foundation. 

32 minutes ago, Hannah Yoon said:

I'm loving this drama! I find both the ML characters really charming. It's subtle and I LOVE the banter/dialogue between the two. I don't think the English translation is doing the Korean justice. Understanding the Korean helps! 

I'm worried with how episode 4 ended and that this could turn into a cliche "I'm going to suppress my feelings" kind of way, but I think episode 5 will be telling the direction of the drama. I think these first few episode were just setting the foundation. 

Yeah I think many of the puns get lost in translation. Like "tang" which also means bone soup. But "bang" is pretty funny too. It also means something dirty XD

I share your sentiment about suppressing feelings because we always see those in dramas. I think that will be the direction of the next ep based on the preview. But it looks like Seon-gyeom will learn the truth quickly and they'll be friends. Though I don't understand why Mi-joo won't tell him the truth immediately. It's like she wants him to get mad at her?

10 hours ago, Hannah Yoon said:

Interesting to hear as I'm liking the 2 lead actors actors but so far not really liking their characters.  I wonder if that's because of the translation.

Hi Guys,

Enjoying the drama so far. Honestly the first episode was forgettable but once you watch the next episode you keep going. The characters sure are interesting. I find Mi-joo quite refreshing- someone who wears her heart on her sleeves. Would like to know more about her back story. Also very keen to know how Sun-kyum will open up since haven't seen that happening so far. His feelings/thoughts still seem puzzling. Add to that the translation problem people have pointed out- I think the dialogues in the show are quite sassy and smooth and somehow the english translation on Netflix seems not to do it justice. Even though I don't understand Korean I feel the translations are a bit awkward/ out of sync with the scene.

Hoping now that the story is a bit established the show can pick up a little speed especially with regards to Sun-Kyum's character.

Now you guys are going to make me pay attention to the scenes. I wasn't actually paying attemtion to the translations to be honest. I haven't watched the latest episode full as it was Christmas morning and I had to prepare a family lunch. So I skipped forward a bit and need to rewatch.

I like Mi Joo's character. She is refreshingly realistic and pragmatic yet has a kind heart. And some ethics and doesn't screech her way through scenes like some actresses. I am intrigued with how she will handle dealing with the parents. His sister will definitely be on his side.

Laterally the only scene where I paid attention to the translations was when the father was praying. I was shocked at the hypocrisy but then I was listening to the Korean not reading the English. I don't really read Netflix translations as they do it American style where the put the character's names. It makes me miss relationship stuff as I won't know how important a scene or what the power relationship is. But Netflix seems determined to storm the Asian drama esp the Korean and Chinese market- so I just bear with it. As they air fast after the Korean episode ends. And when the subs are mediocre I end up only half paying attention to them. 

Archived