[Drama 2020/2021] Run On, 런온

0ly40

OOOH I liked yesterday's episode. Now I have to wait til tonight to watch today's episode 10.

Love our second couple and glad the artist STOOD up to his crush to not be toyed with. Though he likes her, he is not going to be a push over. YESH.

Loved this song and love that JOOHONEY of MonstaX is on this track for the OST. 

Making just posted I think posted already but I love this

Cute commentary got to revisit now got to wait til next week sigh

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 10 -

- Dan-Ah leaves Yeong-Hwa at the school, clearly she's upset - yep, she's hooked :wub:

_ Mi-Joo's imaginary confession scenarios were a riot! :lol: I love in the last one how May steps in and drys Seon-Gyeom's tears while critiquing her confessions - one of the best scenes this episode.

- Mi-Joo & Seon-Gyeom  finally confess! Credit goes to Seon-Gyeom - Mi-Joo was just along for the ride.

- Post confession hand holding ... or not.  I gotta tell you guys, I was almost screaming at the monitor when we got that whole agonizing walk where clearly they wanted to hold hands - BUT DIDN'T!  Come on guys!!! You just confessed - You are now free to Kiss/hold hands/drink/hug/Kiss some more .... you both took long enough ... give the viewers a break and enjoy it

- Sleepless Dan-Ah finally comes to grips that its Yeong-Hwa that's bothering her .... which leads to ...

- Mi-Joo & Dan-Ah drinking buddies - this was my second favorite scene of the episode - from Dan-Ah being her obnoxious self and literally kicking in the door, to the two of them talking past each other when Mi-Joo is giggly over SG texts, while Dan-Ah finally talks herself into realizing she likes Yeong-Hwa - great scene all around.

- The Winning Team - Woo-Sik will make a full recovery and with SG's help, will place first in a final race over the bully team - that ending all but telegraphed it.

Previews - looks like the Main leads are in for some fun couple time before the inevitable ep 14-15 break up/make up ..... don't pretend like you don't know its coming. :rolleyes: Our Second leads look like they are still at odds but on a hopeful note Dan-Ah does ask Yeong-Hwa if he likes her .... progress my friends, progress :wub: 

Its going to be along wait til next week ....

:headbang:

4 hours ago, Hannah Yoon said:

As @kallen88 said, I think MJ felt that SG was liking her/treating her well out of obligation and not realizing that he is actually into her. He has a way with words that gets people confused... as others have mentioned throughout the show. Even his friend earlier asked him "Is there no way for you to change the way you talk?" lol... like, everyone gets frustrated with SG.

when she muttered "I hate this" i think she came back to clarify that she hates the way she's feeling since she's showing that she's upset and frustrated. She also seems to be unaware that he's into her so I think she's channeling in her own insecurities... "Don't hate me for it" 

@sally2 I'm with you on the whole confusion thing. It takes me about 90 minutes to finish a Run On episode because I repeat so many scenes. They talk too fast sometimes that it's hard to keep up. I also indulge on SG/MJ scenes way too much LOL.

Thanks @Hannah Yoon! So that's what it was.. XD I remember the scene where MJ said to Woo-sik that she finds it easier to translate a 2-hour film than to understand what SG says sometimes. I do notice that SG sometimes jumps from one topic to another when he talks. Like in the scene with his mom, when she said "treat my fan well," SG suddenly asks, "why did you marry father?" For me, SG wanted to say something like "Dad isn't treating you well, so why did you marry him / why are you still married?"

BTW I loved the confession and it felt so sincere and pure! The script was fantastic. Credit goes to ISW and SSK. I screamed like crazy!! I lowkey hated the kiss though. Please give us another kiss LOL.

Buuuuut, the ending sent me to heaven. Excited to see Woo-sik get back to training.

Ah... another week, another torture.

Loved the confession. So sweet and heartfelt. Also is me or it seems like SG gonna turn to be sport agent. He have the natural talent for people, so seems to fit him. 

Aww, to celebrate the new couple we got new poster from JTBC. :wub:

137297821_2250074895126497_7153910908530

We deserve a better and stronger kiss! LOL maybe SG has never had a gf and didn't know what to do. but come on! 

I loved the last text she sent to him "Good morning!" 
Ep 10 had so many cute moments, but I'm so glad it was SG who confessed in his own unique way.

78e55ecaca024afdb1eb92c03052dd48.jpeg?s=

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung has been receiving lots of love for her powerful and dynamic role in “Run On”!

JTBC’s “Run On” tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces. Sooyoung plays Seo Dan Ah, an ambitious sports agency CEO with a bold personality.

Here are three unique relationships that Seo Dan Ah’s colorful personality carries out!

1. Her bickering “womance”

Seo Dan Ah and Oh Mi Joo (Shin Se Kyung) have a peculiar relationship where they are even more drawn to each other because they are such opposites. However, both characters are brutally honest and incredibly stubborn. Although they had a rough first meeting, Seo Dan Ah grows intrigued by Oh Mi Joo after seeing how well she sticks to her word. While she’s typically very professional, Seo Dan Ah lets loose around Oh Mi Joo, joking around and sending her winks so they can grow closer. Although the bickering will likely never end, Seo Dan Ah has now turned her attention to helping Oh Mi Joo and Ki Sun Kyum (Im Siwan) grow closer, developing her “battle friendship” with Oh Mi Joo at the same time.

Sooyoung-1.jpg

2. Her high-speed romance

Seo Dan Ah first meets art student Lee Young Hwa (Kang Tae Oh) for an art piece but the two had completely different purposes. Seo Dan Ah felt comforted by Lee Young Hwa’s “drawing without foundation,” but Lee Young Hwa had completely fallen for Seo Dan Ah after finally feeling recognized for his artwork. Due to his lack of boundaries, Seo Dan Ah initially feels burdened by Lee Young Hwa but also ends up going out of her way to meet him personally to pick up her drawing. The pair show off great chemistry with their high-speed romance and no-filter conversations, allowing viewers to anticipate what’s in store for the couple.

3. Her “person”

Due to her hectic and competitive life, Seo Dan Ah’s secretary Jung Ji Hyun (Yeon Jae Wook) is the only person she feels comfortable calling “her person.” They may be tied together through a business relationship but Seo Dan Ah views Jung Ji Hyun as much more than just a business partner. When Jung Ji Hyun gets attacked by her older brother Seo Myung Min (Lee Shin Ki), she makes sure to get her sweet revenge. On the other hand, Jung Ji Hyun makes sure to take care of his workaholic boss’s health.

Credit to Soompi

15 hours ago, Hannah Yoon said:

As @kallen88 said, I think MJ felt that SG was liking her/treating her well out of obligation and not realizing that he is actually into her. He has a way with words that gets people confused... as others have mentioned throughout the show. Even his friend earlier asked him "Is there no way for you to change the way you talk?" lol... like, everyone gets frustrated with SG.

when she muttered "I hate this" i think she came back to clarify that she hates the way she's feeling since she's showing that she's upset and frustrated. She also seems to be unaware that he's into her so I think she's channeling in her own insecurities... "Don't hate me for it" 

Thank you everyone @Hannah Yoon @kallen88. I have better appreciation of the conversation now. I have an aha moment when you explained that MJ probably think that KSG is obligated to treat her well. Lovely! Thanks again. I must say it's one of my favourite scene. Both acted well and I think ISW is brilliant is showing this subtle changes in his face that shows his frustration over the obvious misunderstanding + his inability to set it straight.

Episode 10 is as lovely and heart fluttering! ISW and SSK successful combo is really unexpected. Sigh I hope this drama is receiving good traction in Korea too so that we get more goodies on this show.

Anyway was MJ's imagination of her getting rejected by KSG a parody of some drama?

Really liking Run On so far. This is the first time that I’m seeing any series with the focus on communication skills. It’s a new perspective and refreshing.

Having said that it takes so much time to understand what’s a going on with sub titles and that’s also when the actors expressions and body language become important. Considering kdramas have a world audience especially during social distancing and Netflix promoting them since last year. I think the actors have done a really good job with the right expressions and body language.

I read someone mentioning that the characters seem unreal, but I think in the millenial world despite so much technology communication is just that much more difficult and we do live in our own worlds irrespective of being introverts or extroverts. With so much to do and achieve I think many a times we are just not mindful of the way we communicate or if we are aware don’t have time to improve! 

also each character has their own eccentricities and I do think all the people I interact with at work and my friends do have these characteristics that make them unique too. Each character is also scared to open up In their own way, which is also true for millenials and today’s world. So I actually do find these characters relatable and their inner turmoil regarding careers, choices, relationships, acceptance by other people and self worth true. 

the only thing I find strange is that the relationship between both leads is slow and I wouldn’t expect this pace in real life. But maybe that’s purposely done by the writer. Because if they focused on the physical chemistry then the whole point of the focus on communication and clash of personalities would be lost. 

598febb7f1274b799eb0d7ae6358ed20.jpeg?s=

Watch: Shin Se Kyung And “Run On” Staff Surprise Im Siwan For His Birthday In Making-Of Video

Jan 15, 2021
by M. Kang

Im Siwan celebrated his birthday on the set of “Run On”!

JTBC’s “Run On” is a series about people finding common ground in an age where communication is becoming more and more difficult. It features Im Siwan as Ki Sun Kyum, a former track and field athlete. His world is shaken up when Oh Mi Joo (Shin Se Kyung) enters the picture.

In a making-of video released from the filming of episode 9, the chemistry between the two lead actors shines through. In one scene, Oh Mi Joo is sick in bed and Ki Sun Kyum is right next to her nursing her back to health. After rehearsing the scene a couple times, the two actors film the sweet moment.

The next scene shows Oh Mi Joo and Ki Sun Kyum dining in the cafeteria. Everything flows seamlessly and effortlessly, from the run-through to the filming. The two use their actual lines to make playful jokes and take instructions from the director before wrapping up the scene.

Coming from contrasting backgrounds, Oh Mi Joo and Ki Sun Kyum often have trouble seeing eye to eye. In one scene, Ki Sun Kyum has trouble understanding why Oh Mi Joo might be upset. Behind the scenes, Shin Se Kyung and Im Siwan talk through this misunderstanding and explain the perspective of their own characters.

Im Siwan’s birthday happened to fall on the same day episode 9 of “Run On” was filmed. Shin Se Kyung, with the help of the staff, surprised the actor for his 33rd birthday with a birthday cake. After thanking everyone and blowing out his candles, Im Siwan comments, “I thought I was late because I saw all of you grouped together.”

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

just when I thought I cant love this show more.. they brought up an openly gay couple, and when Mijoo assuring Soongyeom he's not inferior just because he doesnt speak English. OH I LOVE IT SO MUCH WHEN MIJOO CURSING THAT WHITE DUDE LOL. I love, love how kdrama seems to be more inclusive for diversity compared to kdramas on public channels. It's refreshing

PS: The kiss scene is cute, but damn I want more passionate kiss scenes later on.. 

7 hours ago, kallen88 said:

Does anyone know which dramas or movies the parodies came from? I just know the drinking scene came from 'A Moment to Remember' but I don't know the other two. Please help me. XD I want my peace of mind back LOL.

AAH I remember the scene with soongyeom are being upset at mijoo in this is a parody of A Bittersweet Life, a Lee Byunghun's film

spacer.png

Hi All!

OST song

TGIF!

Totally agree after watching ep 10 last night, that the OTP confession was done in THEIR way. The kiss --was cute. But I would not have MINDED a second kiss to be a bit MORE hubba hubba. I got more action in Real Beauty Confession kiss. This one was just pressing of lips.

The Parodies are nice, I don't know all of them either but cool they do homages, very witty.

Yes our artist stood up to DA and the article about DA and her relationships is true. Her barging into MJ's place trying fried chicken and soju for the first time with her. I do like her relationship with her assistant. So true he cares for her (like in the article) hiding her jelly beans, defending his boss, she too by kicking her step bro in retaliation for his abuse to him, his not wanting to give her number to the artist though she said OK, his said artist deleted her personal number LOL. Just these two and even when driving her to go get a drink he also made sure to advise are you sure --about going to MJ's place?

Yeah her friend May Park is def the MVP. I agree. Her talking to MJ and while making banchan. She is like why you telling me? You should be telling him. LOL. YESSSh. When she agreed to host her crush saying we have THREE ROOMS (note not BED ROOMS) but THREE ROOMS. LOL. Always taking care of MJ I love her.

WS being taking cared of by our ML. So cute. I am glad he saw Jerry McGuire but liked the film for how he FELT. I am glad he is exploring being an agent and when even DA noted he is better than her on knowing what the athletes needs and wants are. Also to Artist pal's mom encouraging our ML.

Love ML's mom assistant is protective of her too. He yelled you are needed on the set so she could get off the phone with ML's dad. LOL. The fact he went to Comic Library to get on DA dad's good side. LOL.He really wants to make a power couple with DA and his son. We know THAT is not happening.

YEAH seeing FL swear and I know this was refreshing FIRST drama (hearing the F word bantered so much it was hilarious. LOVED it.) Though personally I don't swear myself.

Aww our bumbllng OTP FINALLY connecting and confessing their feelings. our ML learning FINALLY he can seem and come off arrogant and annoying unfeeling due to his bland expressions (that frustrated MJ who could not read him). Glad he is aware. For some he is the 1 month boring man. His fearing MJ not liking him to be boring but in fact for her it is the opposite. So their banter was adorbs. I like how it is an unconventional romance. But concur with others the pace is very slow as molasses--don't mind a bit faster. Dang taking them eternity to hold hands as they BOTH want to. Sigh. Then again watching "Lovestruck in the City' One guy waited 10 yrs before confessing, so in this case I guess they are NOT that slow. LOL. SO I shouldn't complain then.

KIM NA YOUNG – WHERE ARE YOU (그대는 어디에) RUN ON OST PART 8

81841650_1610593927351_1_600x600.jpg

I think I was afraid of everything
I always looked back like a habit
Even though I tried looking forward and running ahead
I couldn’t have love

I’m hoping to go back
To those days, to when we used to be together

When I look back
We were so happy, just looking at each other
Where are you?
Where are you right now?

Love is better when you give

But I only received

I’m hoping to go back
To those days, to when we used to be together

When I look back
We were so happy, just looking at each other
Where are you?
Where are you right now?

If you feel the same way, if you’re hurting too
We must love again, somehow

If I stay here, will you come?
If I keep walking, will you be there?
When I was struggling, you used to hold me
Where are you?
Where are you?

Credit to popgasa

On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, kallen88 said:

Does anyone know which dramas or movies the parodies came from? I just know the drinking scene came from 'A Moment to Remember' but I don't know the other two. Please help me. XD I want my peace of mind back LOL.

1. A Moment to Remember

2. A Bittersweet Life

3. Densha Otoko (Train Man) - Japanese series

Archived