To the point where I can’t handle it
I’m sorry but I need to love you right now

I’m sorry
There are so many happy moments
That I’m filled with you
To the point where I can’t handle it
I’m sorry but I need to love you right now

Credit to popgasa.

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

You feel for MJ so much in episode 7, the entire dialogue about climbing and building walls explains their relationship. SG being such a closed book and so restrained in his emotions makes MJ's frustration with him quite relatable and she's done a good thing by putting the onus on him to define what is going on between them. The angry banter between them is so much fun, but even all this going on cannot stop our girl from stepping up to protect SG from his dad! Loved how suddenly after saving him she was back to being pissed at him. LOL.

Was glad ep 8 gave us some more insight into MJ's character and just how SG can fill that void in her life as she has been doing in his life. The scene in the car when he says he's about to be scared of something and before that when his mom brings up her 'fan', SG starts asking about why she married dad. Maybe I am reading too much into all these but that is what SG's character makes you do, just dig up all the clues he has left here and there showing his love for MJ.

Hi All!

:heythere:

TGIF!

OMG good to see some familiar friends @YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ @blademan @backstreetboysfan @kdramagrandma etc

Thanks for goodies/comments and posts.

@YongZura⁷ᴮᴱ Yup the OST is the bomb. I agree.

@kdramagrandma Hi my dear pal! Yes I KNOW right? I always was partial to Soo Young and she is SHINING in her role here. I do like her interactions with YH as well.  I loved learning why she wears sneakers. To have that chance to kick a ball. Also he broke down her walls for her to actually go to him and then talk a bit of herself. She has to deal with a lot with the men in her messed up family. So no wonder her walls are high.

The banter from DA and YH is adorbs. He just gets more smitten with her. He is trying to get closer. I loved how he followed our ML thinking he could meet her and he was like--it is weekend. She is not at the office. Or the fact he got approval to get her direct number and the assistant refused to give it. Their glares at each other was hilarious. He does love struck puppy to gorgeous and stylish DA so well.  When the assistant and YH were at the movie theater, the regret YH showed for spending time to look good for her. Or the banter for her to call him by name and not just "student." LOL Her teasing MJ is fun. Learning later about the idol brother sadness about being neglected and being a puppy to her because she has some reaction and feeling to him. Gosh awww starving for scraps of attention. Dang.

ML dad showing up and giving flowers to act as the "family man."He really thinks he HAS NOT changed at all as a person? Saying he practically owns his son HAS to do his bidding., hello your kids are not your pets/property. What a contrast to the mom. I loved how she encouraged him and thanked him for making it easy to raise him. When actually he raised himself. Always listened and did what they said. Now he is making choices and she wants to back him. I TOO loved she wanted him to be nice to her "fan." YEAH. 

YES to MJ showing SG she is upset. YES to her saving him from is his dad and then going back to being upset with him. (Agree with totally). She even came to see the coach he is courting to come from the mountains and came out to drink makgeoli with her (still to help him).

SG being the prince --helping the staff have better housing. Taking MJ to get medical car, meds and a nicer place to recover. Then when later he admitted at the end he was doing what she asks by liking her. OMG

Loved MJ scene with the bullied hoobae. He is such a sweet puppy. Glad he is studying for another career sucks that he cannot run like before and he is saved from that TOXIC environment. HIs sincere thanks to MJ for translating all he actually said. Also buying coffee in thanks to her buying his study materials. (Awww love his sweet smile and genuine  self) no wonder SG wanted to protect him.

It is a quirky and refreshing drama love it.

About DA, she is such a cool and strong woman, but she also hides behind a wall and her wall is all made of very barbed wire. I understand her resentment and pain, she has a very strange family, but it seems to me that the dearest to her there is her younger brother, only he loves her even so prickly and cruel, it is pure love and devotion and it seems to me that she herself is very loves and appreciates him, but the way she is afraid and repulses him is very painful to see. I'm afraid he won't do something to himself, because she will never forgive herself. We can say that the younger brother is her whole family, because the rest do not understand her. I want to see how she will gradually open her heart to this artist and her brother.

I really liked the ending of episode 8 it was so nice and caring when he said that now she should call him when she is in pain and that he will always be there. I understand that our athlete does not know how to traditionally show his feelings, but he said it all. Sometimes it really seems like he's behind a wall and it's impossible to guess what he's thinking, and then he does these simple things, says such simple words and it's better than any romantic confession.:fullofhearts:

The OST IS FANTASTIC!

Finally people are noticing this drama! It's really one of a kind.

I loved episode 8! Honestly, each episode is my favorite until a new episode comes along except for the 1st episode which confused me as hell, but I'm glad episode 2 gave it more sense. The writer and director are brilliant! It may not be perfect, but it definitely deserves more recognition.

Episode 7 highlights for me are:

1. YH scooping SG up for drinks HAHA how can the ET friends be so cute??

2. SG and MJ fighting - it felt so real especially the dialogue about "walls" and "rights." I'm glad she left him, coz she really stayed true to her character.

3. MJ standing up for SG despite still being pissed off at him. If this isn't love I don't know what it is.

Episode 8 highlights:

1. The drinking scene which was so cleverly executed. 

2. The contrast between SG's parents. His dad looked at his picture and said "That b*stard," while his mom said "I asked you to win a medal and you did... you did everything I told you to do." He is a such a good boy, too bad his dad thinks otherwise.

3. Park May's comedic scene. It was so random but made me laugh sooo HARD.

4. Seeing MJ work as a translator on the movie set was just so satisfying for me.

5. DA opening up more about herself to YH. Kick more soccer balls please.

6. SG telling MJ to call his name when she's sick or struggling. VERY uncommon for a ML to say that coz it felt so romantic yet commanding . I mean, usually it's "I'll be here for you," or something cliché but what he said was unexpected but exciting at the same time. It's like he is stepping up and going to be her "rock" from then on.  And Im Siwan's facial expression? GENIUS.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, rita96 said:

Was glad ep 8 gave us some more insight into MJ's character and just how SG can fill that void in her life as she has been doing in his life. 

Yesss! I agree with all of this. And you can see how he finally makes it clear what role he wants to play in her life at the end of episode 8. That scene was so heartwarming... the way he was holding her hand with both his hands. 

22 hours ago, kallen88 said:

Finally people are noticing this drama! It's really one of a kind.

I loved episode 8! Honestly, each episode is my favorite until a new episode comes along except for the 1st episode which confused me as hell, but I'm glad episode 2 gave it more sense. The writer and director are brilliant! It may not be perfect, but it definitely deserves more recognition.

Episode 7 highlights for me are:

1. YH scooping SG up for drinks HAHA how can the ET friends be so cute??

2. SG and MJ fighting - it felt so real especially the dialogue about "walls" and "rights." I'm glad she left him, coz she really stayed true to her character.

3. MJ standing up for SG despite still being pissed off at him. If this isn't love I don't know what it is.

Episode 8 highlights:

1. The drinking scene which was so cleverly executed. 

2. The contrast between SG's parents. His dad looked at his picture and said "That b*stard," while his mom said "I asked you to win a medal and you did... you did everything I told you to do." He is a such a good boy, too bad his dad thinks otherwise.

3. Park May's comedic scene. It was so random but made me laugh sooo HARD.

4. Seeing MJ work as a translator on the movie set was just so satisfying for me.

5. DA opening up more about herself to YH. Kick more soccer balls please.

6. SG telling MJ to call his name when she's sick or struggling. VERY uncommon for a ML to say that coz it felt so romantic yet commanding . I mean, usually it's "I'll be here for you," or something cliché but what he said was unexpected but exciting at the same time. It's like he is stepping up and going to be her "rock" from then on.  And Im Siwan's facial expression? GENIUS.

and omg @kallen88, every point you have here is spot on. May unni's "RAWWWWR" in that office had me DYING. 

Also, little random things like when SG is offered coffee and he's like ''you drank that one" is what makes me love his character all the more. 

I Hope we can learn more about YH and his story in the upcoming episodes. I like the slow reveal of each person's story, rather than everything getting dumped on us right away.

7c1e61158d184410aac6638acecbe323.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Run On” has revealed more behind-the-scenes looks at the drama!

“Run On” tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces. Im Siwan stars as Ki Sun Kyum, a former track and field athlete who retires after a life-changing event, while Shin Se Kyung plays Oh Mi Joo, an adventurous foreign film translator.

In one video, which gives viewers a glimpse at what went on behind the scenes of the seventh episode, Im Siwan and Shin Se Kyung trade jokes back and forth as they rehearse for their scenes. Im Siwan practices entering the house holding a jar of honey with the label turned outwards as if he’s filming an advertisement, making both of them laugh.

In the following clips, the two actors work together to coordinate their actions during their scenes and are later joined by Lee Bong Ryeon for a tense scene in which Shin Se Kyung speaks curtly to Im Siwan and shuts the door in his face. After completing the scene, Lee Bong Ryeon gestures to the door and says, “See,” and ducks her head to hide a laugh as Im Siwan says, “I was right, wasn’t I?”

Im Siwan and Shin Se Kyung then move outside to discuss their lines before filming begins. Although the scene begins smoothly, Im Siwan says the wrong line, making Shin Se Kyung break into a smile as she points out his mistake. The pair begin filming once again and this time deliver all of their lines perfectly.

Another behind-the-scenes video features a talk between Im Siwan and Shin Se Kyung in which they share stories about filming on Jeju Island. Im Siwan mentions that the weather on the island helped them out during filming, and Shin Se Kyung adds, “We thought it would rain.” Im Siwan then tells a story about a scene they filmed on the beach that was supposed to be sentimental, but the wind was so strong that their hair just blew in their faces.

After discussing the various foods that they ate, Im Siwan confessed that they ate much more than planned during the scene. He also mentions a bakery that he enjoyed, but Shin Se Kyung asks him why he didn’t tell her about it before. They continue to share stories about food, and Im Siwan describes a bowl of noodles with conches in it that looked like wireless earbuds, making Shin Se Kyung chuckle in amusement.

Im-Siwan-Shin-Se-Kyung-1.jpg

MORE

Spoiler

When asked about what scenes on the island they thought were beautiful, Im Siwan jokingly answers, “Mi Joo,” which is Shin Se Kyung’s character. Shin Se Kyung also brings up the scene in which Im Siwan’s character asks her character if she likes him as one that she found heart-fluttering. This leads to a discussion of other memorable scenes, such as when their characters shook hands for the first time.

Im Siwan concludes their discussion by talking about how cool he finds Shin Se Kyung’s character when she does her work as an interpreter. Speaking as his character Ki Sun Kyum, he says, “Especially that time when the interviewer wasn’t interested in me, you brought that up during the interview, right?” Speaking as Oh Mi Joo, Shin Se Kyung replies, “Of course, you’re my precious interviewee.” Ki Sun Kyum adds offhandedly that although he pretended he couldn’t understand, he actually understood everything, to which Shin Se Kyung says, “Yeah, sure.” The two actors conclude their talk by asking for viewers’ continued interest in the drama.

Watch the making-of videos below!

Credit to Soompi

On 1/7/2021 at 6:10 AM, blademan said:

Cred. owner

Honestly...I am as smitten with his character <333

And can someone please release their OST already?!! 

hi! @blademan or anyone else - would you know the song in Episode 7 that starts playing right at this moment? I tried Shazaam and Siri - neither of them could find it. It's also not listed in any of the sites as part of the OST. 

thanks in advance for your help!!

Archived