[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Understanding why ZZH  being called Lao Po...

It's definitely a cultural thing western men ( gay or st8) wouldn't accept that term.it's really about perceived and actual power. 

...switching the gender of male stars allows women to “put ourselves into an equal and even superior role in the imaginary relationship with our idols."   

Thanks for the link...it confirms what I've always 
suspected...:surprisedwut: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deltos said:

It's definitely a cultural thing western men ( gay or st8) wouldn't accept that term.it's really about perceived and actual power. 

...switching the gender of male stars allows women to “put ourselves into an equal and even superior role in the imaginary relationship with our idols."   

Thanks for the link...it confirms what I've always 
suspected... 

So you have been thinking a lot about this issue?

Stalker WKX...

dSqKRQn.jpg

Credit to original artist

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

So you have been thinking a lot about this issue?

Oh yeah...there's a lot of emerging research on the phenomenon...it's only China that's it's this intense...and of course raises the question why...and really talks about the socio-emotional l implications for women there. I've got friends doing hard research on various topics within the BL genre, this being one of them.  I watch BL for the entertainment value - and live in the RW...it's a fascinating thing tho:joy:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deltos said:

Oh yeah...there's a lot of emerging research on the phenomenon...it's only China that's it's this intense...and of course raises the question why...and really talks about the socio-emotional l implications for women there. I've got friends doing hard research on various topics within the BL genre, this being one of them.  I watch BL for the entertainment value - and live in the RW...it's a fascinating thing tho:joy:

Like real thesis writing or just analysis for fun? Coz me enjoy dramas and not unless it's involving real issues or history only I'll do research. Otherwise close file! Lol...

Mini Peaches!

Credit to original artist 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Like real thesis writing or just analysis for fun? Coz me enjoy dramas and not unless it's involving real issues or history only I'll do research. Otherwise close file! Lol...

Real...:joy:

• Awesome 1