[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

I'm bit curious about the 'Shan He Ling' journey of you guys since I know it has been an emotional journey for many people including me.

Truthfully speaking I didn't expect this to be THIS GOOD, when they announced ZZH as a lead, I was excited just beacuse he is doing a drama. I knew him since 2016 because he was Min Young's co-star (which she praised highly of and even posted a picture with him in her IG which she RARELY/NAVER does) became a fan of him since Yunxi and I was in thirst for his dramas, I was curious about his performance in a BL drama because he had good chemistry with his male co-stars especially with his secretary in 'Everyone Wants To Meet You'. I didn't care that much when they released the wrap up pictures of him in blue costume although he was looking spectacular because I was too excited about 如意芳霏 those days.

I watched the first episode premiere but didn't go crazy because Zhou Zi Shu in the first episode gave me cold powerful Long Feiye vibes and I realized WKX is Ling Rui from Begin Again and Zhou Ye was having Ruyi Pavilion's Fu Rong's voice so it was awkward for me, you know she was ZZH's previous on screen wife which he married like 4 times and now her master is flirting with him???.....But I got excited after it started with 8.2 on douban (OMG I still get goosebumps thinking about this) and I went crazy on March 7th because I binge watched that day as soon as I finished my 1st exam. I was too scared after watching the 6th episode that we won't be able to watch this drama till the end because you know WKX was flirting like "I'm gonna make this dude mine in every possible way" and then A'Xu alsdo started flirting and I was like "NOOO" I wanna watch this drama till the end Please (even AvenueX mentioned that her concern is whether we could watch all 36 eps) I totally went crazy in episode 12 during the sun basking scene and since the this was my mood booster, motivation and everything. Have to tell i was pretty scared that this will end midway in Ep 17 especially when Lao Wen raised his hand said "疼不疼?" OMG I really hope censorship board didn't see it.

Although I wished for a bit more developed story line in the second half I'm still crazy and all in for this, Especially because of the acting and the emotions displayed by the actors not just the main cast but supporting cast also especially the ladies, I love women in this drama, the beauty ghost was good and I was shocked learning she is a '97 liner considering her age she is really good and I'm looking forward to seeing her future projects.

Have to say about Gong Jun too, I have watched his kissing scenes but the only drama I have watched of him before this was 'Begin Again' and I felt that he was lacking showing emotions in that drama (compared to the Female Lead ZYT although they had marvelous chemistry and they are like best buddies in real life also) But as Wen Ke Xing I don't know what happened to him He's so good, I was so surprised especially when he's with A'Xu his emotions are very well delivered. I became a fan of Zhou Ye too, she was really good in 'Better Days' but I was not a fan because Wei Lai was a nasty character.

I watch many dramas but usually I don't go crazy for them (this is my 1st time going crazy after "Why Secretary Kim?"), the chemistry between the main leads have to work for me and ZZH & GJ get full marks for that. I truly believe girls don't go crazy over every BL drama, the chemistry between main leads must work; us to go crazy if it doesn't work then nothing will especially in a BL. And I was too happy to see Qi Ye in this drama, we will probably never see his story on screen ever.

And although I have some disappointments in the script I think the script writer did a good job especially when inserting novel related things without making it obvious for the censorship board like when Lao Wen talked about his parents in Ep34 crying I was like "OMG this is the special chapter wow he cried... OMG the parents talk....they hugged and then they *@#%! for the 1st time OMG" and the next scene was that where A'Xu was wearing the hair pin and going to the Ghost Valley  it's like given they're going after you know AhHHHH....

Lastly, I am so happy that this drama will change many lives; the cast and the crew, even YouKu bestie's and including mine, this drama was released a week after our quarantine period as both my parents got covid and after we finished the quarantine  period I got to know that my father was having a prostate cancer (he was actually having symptoms and we thought it's just a tumor at first) and because of thinking too much about that my mother got insomnia, ( Now he is going to the treatments and recovering well and my mother is also better) So I was in the worse situation that I could be in my life during my exams, and as the eldest in my family this was the first time which I had to take a lead in something. I still can't believe I went through all this and did my best and this drama was able get me out of my negative emotions which is still surprising for me but i think that proves how good this drama is. For few weeks only me and my father knew about the situation and during that time Zhou Zi Shu was the person who motivated me, having few years to live he did his best for his love ones and most importantly he was smiling. I could also smile because of him. During the time when the drama finished airing my mother was better and my father has started treatments, just like for Shan He Ling timing was amazing for me too it was a blessing to me, the reason for me to smile during my worse. My spring was beautiful just because of this drama. 

Edit - OMG that's long :mellow: Thank you so much in advance if you read this :sweet:

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Yes I wish that too. Then we can talk about it day and night. Hahaha...But not here on Soompi though...And moreover when we cant read Chinese we will be missing out a lot. On Douban site, there are still many active discussion threads up to today. So I'm brushing up my Chinese. At least now I can read 50% of a mid length sentence. 

Reveal hidden contents

I personally ship them both characters and real life....But need more caution on this so we can protect them...They are now at the new height in their careers. I truly wish them happiness and a smooth sailing career from now....

OMG me too :getmygrooveon: I took all my chinese books few days ago and now I am mastering cast names character names and practicing OST :D thanks to this drama my Chinese got better actually.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I felt they are now walking back into my life. And not towards the final concert. Light is at the end of the tunnel. 

Credit to owner 

@Yumiyue

Virtual Hug GIF by MyPostcard

Hugs to you my dear friend. I can totally relate to your experience. It is not easy to go through what you have undergone and I'm glad that all has turned out well for you and your family. You did well. And I truly believe in timing for everything. Like how Guardian was there for me in 2018 when I was at the lowest pit in my life. I literally had no one to turn to for support. But somehow a drama like this gave me hope and it was a beautiful summer for me despite my struggles. Then I didnt even know the existence of Soompi forum. And none of my friends were into Cdrama not to mention BL theme drama. It was this period I got to know about Avenue X, at least someone who was as crazy into Guardian. The rest is history. 

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Concert PD Interview Translation 

@Wuzetian Want to say a lot but let me just say Thank You:heart: ( I really want to watch Guardian actually because everyone is still crazy about that and even AvenueX also mentions it. I'm bit scared to watch it now as "I'am emotionally invested in WOH" )

Avenue X can totally save lives especially her live streams, and yesterday we went begging her to do another WOH Concert related live which she said she'll do.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

On 5/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, Wuzetian said:

Finally there's an ultra protection mode scenes compilation of WKX & ZZS. 

Those were some of my favorite scenes... Iam a longtime fan of Wuxia dramas. I know there they spent the money, costumes and wire work... it was all spectacular. Some of those moves were excited with finesse - ZZH and GJ did an incredible job.  One of the best series in 2021.  

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

A bit late, but finally finished watching the concert for both days. It was a fun concert, very fun, very weird also, nobody can sing properly except ZZH and LDK lol, but you know what nobody go there for the singing, we just want to feel the atmosphere and see the casts interaction. First day the audio has lotsa problems no wonder ZZH was struggling to hit the note when singing, still if not because of that we can't see GJ actually help ZZH get his tune back, that was adorable. Would like to apologise for dissing ZY and GJ, the game they play on 2nd day, the headphone's song and the lyric they have to guess is actually different, so yeah no wonder they sing off key. ZY just need more confidence in singing, she can do it! Also ZZH really nobody can beat him in playing games, well except WRL, I suppose, he's just a bigger troll than ZZH, fufufu. WRL's real voice still tripped me up everytime, he's real voice is so comedic doesn't sound like a big bad at all. SXL feels like the only one that try to follow the prompt, all the others are just doing whatever they want :joy:. And everybody, even the hosts call ZY "daughter" that was so sweet, Ah Xiang is WoH's only daughter. So happy seeing CWN and GX wedding finally, still sad remembering their wedding got ruined in the series. And of course the hug at the end, I cannot imagine the shock all the people who watched it live, even in their wildest dream I don't think they expect it will happen on stage. I got spoiled, so I was prepared, but still it must be a nice surprise.

I also like that all the casts wear their original costume, great sets, it make it more dreamy, feels like we're transported back to WoH's world and for me personally I hope they will never add anymore concerts after this. I know some fans want them to do it at another cities, but I like that it end at those 2 days it's like a dream world and we can't go back again. Overall it's a great concert for fans, lots of rewatch value especially for people that download the original live and has all 3 camera angles downloaded. Chinese fans are still picking on the footages and try to lip read any sugar they can get lol. I think this concert will last them at least for a year lol.   

@Yumiyue I don't know what to say since feels like my feeling is so shallow compared to yours towards this drama :persevere: But I hope your parents are better right and have a long good health in the future and also take care of yourself, don't neglect taking care of yourself when taking care of other people. I'm happy that this drama can bring light and support in your darkest hours :relaxed: Hope more good things come your way.

WoH is truly a dark horse and I love that most of the fans that love WoH are mostly new fans that's moved by the casts chemistry, the story and the productions. Not saying it's bad if you already a fan of the book or anything, it's just amazing what good actors that clicks, good script and care that put into a production can result in.

@Wuzetian Lol, AvenueX really got in deep in the mountain like you. Still why her stream always so late:weary: stupid timezone. I thought she will wait until the concert's bts come out first, that's quite quick. Oh well I'll just watch the replay.

@deltos Yup even with the low budget they have so many good shots, I don't know if you've seen this video @Wuzetian upload this a few page back I think, but it might got buried. so I'll put it up again, and it has English sub now. Great song, great edit, and love the part where the lyric said "Jianghu has the most fearless person" she only put old people (Four Sages of Anji and Fisherman Li), Ah Xiang, and ZCL that's so good. And of course when the lyric goes "Loving the most beautiful person" it's always Ah Xu and WKX at their most intimate moments:D

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Our HanHan deserves a celestial birthday celebration this year! All stars are aligned to make him the brightest star! Dedicating our dearest love to Zhang Zhe Han!

(guess we are all fascinated with his Peach? :D)

xUM2HB9.jpg

Credit to owner

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Yup even with the low budget they have so many good shots, I don't know if you've seen this video @Wuzetian upload this a few page back I think, but it might got buried. so I'll put it up again, and it has English sub now.

Thank you ! I love AX compilations - she's very gifted in presenting just the right scenes with the right music. Her 3 hour WOH lives were very informative especially if you wanted to know more about Chinese culture and literature. I tell you, WOH made me step up my Mandarin game...I'm further along now than I would have been without it !

8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

(guess we are all fascinated with his Peach?

I'm a gay guy...:rickroll: periodt.

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

And for those ONLY if you are a JunZhe fan.

Cute vids...I guess for me, I've been following Simon and Zhe Han separately for years. Seeing them together in WOH was fantastic considering their Wuxia/XIan Xin  backgrounds - they had the right actors for the roles. I'm waiting for their next movies to drop ! They should be good too !

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

One Of My Favourite Videos....love this family :heart:

@kur4p1k4 Thank You :heart: the people I met through this drama has become my source of happiness these days including this thread as I let out all my feelings related to WOH. And as I can see you are also in the peak of this mountain:wub: 

@Wuzetian:luvarrow:ended up subscribing the channel :wub: my doors are always open for this kind of content.

Spoiler

spacer.png

One of my favourite shots

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

San Ha Ryong ~ Premiring in South Korea on 26th of May

(Rough Trans The one who finds the glass armour will be invicible throughout the world.)

spacer.png

Like AvenueX says I trully believe that this drama has some kind of a heaven's blessing. How the timing and casting happened for WOH is magical, as mountain people we have been so blessed and still are. 

(Via @/cocopines twitter)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope Youku bestie release more videos from the script reading :getmygrooveon:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1