Woo Do Hwan ❤️ 우도환 ❤️ 禹棹奂 ❤️ ウ·ドファン

SCSfanz

Best Korean Dramas of 2023

Korean drama enthusiasts would be glad to know that 2023 is filled with some of the most promising new titles. Some of these shows that are scheduled to be released this year are original dramas with new concepts and stories while the others are second installments of famous and critically acclaimed series. Hence, there is always something for everyone, whether you love to watch light-hearted comedy romance, fantasy dramas, or action-packed shows. The following are some of the titles that you should be looking forward to.

Bloodhounds - Watch on Netflix

This is the latest action K-drama from Netflix. It follows the story of two talented boxers Hong Woo-jin and Kim Geon-woo, who are also best friends. In order to pay the debt of Kim Geon-woo's mother, they have to explore the underground world of private loans and money lenders in South Korea. To bring down a cruel loan shark, they work together with a kind-hearted moneylender. The schedule of release is on June 9.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/130473/20230717/best-korean-dramas-of-2023.htm

On 7/17/2023 at 5:39 AM, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. Hmmm..... the drama’s title is a little unusual and a pretty weird, but it’s a nod to the life protagonist Hae Jo leads when we meet him. He’s a man with no attachments in this life — he just drifts along like plankton in the ocean. This story in the hands of this creative team has so much potentia and with this cast to boot, my expectations are pretty high right now. There’s no specific air date set yet, but "Mr. Plankton"  is expected to premiere in 2024. I'm just getting ready for this upcoming drama of Woo Do Hwan.   

Your welcome, it sounds like it could be cool.

Top 12 Hottest K-Drama Actors 2023 Edition (Part 2)

From top stars to rising actors and rookies, here is our pick of the top 12 hottest K-Drama actors in 2023. 

hottest-actors.png

2023 continues to give us many reasons to foster our interest and attention in the K-Drama genre and perhaps one of the reasons that tops the list for many global fans is the handsome and dreamy actors.

Either as leading roles, supporting or even guest or cameo roles, in many K-Dramas released this year, there have been a plethora of handsome men who have come onto our screens and either made our hearts stop beating for a couple of seconds or just make our faces turn blush pink with their dreamy visuals and attractive appeal.

From top stars to rising actors and rookies, here is our pick of the top 12 hottest K-Drama actors in 2023.

1. Woo DoHwan

woo-dohwan-111.jpg

woo-dohwan-222.jpg

Spoiler

woo-dohwan-333.jpg

Perhaps we can say one of the most rewatched moments in the hit Netflix drama "Bloodhounds" was the workout scene with Woo DoHwan and Lee SangYi. A viral moment, fans found themselves expressively complimenting the handsome actor for his swoon-worthy physique and we simply have to concur with every phrase and sentence shared.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-hottest-kdrama-actors-2023-edition-part-2/

*** I've re-watched his latest drama, "Joseon Attorney".  Woo Do Hwan doesn't disappoint in the drama. This is his first drama right after his military discharge. I’m not into this kind of genre but, I watched this mainly for him. I can’t say that this is a brilliant work (after all, this type of drama does not imply something outstanding), but there were some episodes where Woo Do Hwan was just brilliant. And Woo Do Hwan's voice deserves a special mention - I can listen to it endlessly, with its tone palette. Even though the intrigue and ending of the drama was revealed rather quickly, it was a pleasure to watch it. The actors did a wonderful job throughout. It’s worth-watching the drama. The story is good, it's obviously funny and a sad story at the same time. I felt sad when he finally finds his sister only for her to die as a result of the same corrupt elite that caused the death of his parents. Bona is outstanding in her role as FM, this is the first drama I watched her acting and she did not disappoint, too. Woo Do-Hwan is hot, steaming with his smiles and comical acting.  I’m satisfied with the ending - In any case, the drama ends on a hopeful note. The lovebirds are back together.   :Twerkdatbutt:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On July 25, 2023 Data)

Check out the most popular programs on Netflix in Korea at the moment (data of July 25).

Netflix-Top-10-July-25-02.png

1. "King The Land"

2. "See You In My 19th Life"

3. "Celebrity"

4. "Jujutsu Kaisen"

5. "My Happy Marriage"

6. "Bloodhounds"

7. "D.P."

8. "Burn The House Down"

9. "Record Of Ragnorak"

10. "Zom 100: Bucket List Of The Dead"

*** I re-watched his latest drama “Bloodhounds”. The drama is a quality and excellent one with exciting fight scenes. It has more of a Korean movie than a regular drama feel to it. The story hooks you from the beginning, every detail is important and the scenes are concise. This was such a ride. The fighting choreographies are AWESOME and you can tell the immensely amount of work the main leads have put into. The characters are badass, the fighting is badass, each episode ends with a bang, leaving you wanting more, and each fight got my heart pumping. The chemistry of the characters is something genuine that captivates from the first minute. I have followed Woo Do-hwan for a long time and I just can’t get enough of his acting, loved his tender, caring yet fierce character here. Woo Do-hwan is always enchanting to watch. Woo do Hwan never disappoints me, he is such an amazing actor. The drama has a good story and no stupid romance at all! It's all about brotherhood, friendship, courage and lots of action. The duo that he forms with Lee Sang Yi works perfectly. I absolutely loved the two main leads on how they compensate each other. What an amazing series! The show is not as simple as you've seen it from the trailer. The “Bloodhounds” story spans 8 episodes only and there is never a dull moment, exciting and fun. You really don't have time to get bored! It is consistently thrilling and gripping throughout. Netflix managed to assemble a wonderful cast. The leads have really good chemistry and portray the friendship, which is beautiful... If you're into awesome action sequences, this drama is for you! What an action packed classic of a TV show. The bromance, family bonds, courage, and team spirit, you will fall in love with every bit of this drama. It’s so good that I sent my friends a text telling them to watch it. The series follows the usual storyline, Good Vs Evil. There are some typical Korean action scenes, like one man against bunch of goons and he always manages to outsmart them. Although, some scenes here are gruesome, very brutal and can be heart-wrenching.  I would definitely recommend it. I've never seen the webtoon, but whoever made it should be congratulated. It's good to see South Korean getting out of their comfort zone and making stories and shows like this one. “Bloodhounds” offers a thrilling and captivating experience that is sure to leave you on the edge of your seats. One of the highlights of the drama is its spectacular action scenes.  :Twerkdatbutt:

*** These days, watching a full-blown series with 16 episodes each can be a chore. "Bloodhounds" is one of the best short-form series available on Netflix globally. The drama consists of only a total of (8) episodes. The drama has a high tension in all eight episodes.   :piggydance:

bloodhounds.jpg?w=820

photo source : Kdramastars

5 Netflix Original K-Dramas That Need To Be Made Into Games

With Netflix stepping into the gaming industry, here are some K-Dramas that would make for amazing games!

netflix-kdramas-that-should-be-games.png

Netflix is expanding as a platform, and the most recent development towards this end is the launch of Netflix Games.

That's right, Netflix subscribers can now access an amazing roster of mobile games at no extra cost! This includes Netflix exclusives based on shows on the platform, as well as indie games and other popular classics. You can easily find them in your Netflix app! Now, as the number of games on Netflix has grown over the years, it had us thinking.

What if Netflix were to make games based on their Korean originals? So, here are 5 Netflix original K-Dramas that would make the perfect mobile games!

5. "Bloodhounds"

bloodhounds-poster-1.jpg

Finally, "Bloodhounds" has the perfect potential for a fighting/action game! Once again, in "Bloodhounds" the game, you could "choose your fighter" and defeat goons to earn gold and beat the final boss. You can think of games like "Mortal Kombat" or "Street Fighter" and place "Bloodhounds" in the same category. In fact, if "Bloodhounds" were to be made into a game, even non-fans of the K-Drama would check it out!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-netflix-original-kdramas-that-need-to-be-made-into-games/

The 10 Highest-Rated K-Dramas For The First Half Of 2023

Viewers can’t stop praising the hit dramas.

Ku6L_9NFMIhSuItcmByP0vwKUYj6ef37BN73j2oU

Since many Korean dramas are slated to be released for the rest of 2023, see all the ones released so far that have earned high ratings from viewers. From thriller to romance, here are the top ten K-Dramas that viewers can’t stop praising.

5. Bloodhounds

Bloodhounds is another webtoon adaptation, with actors Woo Do Hwan and Lee Sang Yi starring as friends who seek justice for the victims of a cold-blooded loan shark.

Two young boxers band together with a benevolent moneylender to take down a ruthless loan shark who preys on the financially desperate.

— Netflix

aGwhoJfVJCorLxmM4_BsV6qhaD-PGcYzFplqcoE8UVD7vEdXjeyem_YJGBcnUowNI4wSx6aUYOfgSqseH_WPJbLzPGPiF9aNktL1EUYd-3zGmQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

| Netflix

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-dramas-highest-rated-first-half-2023-romance-action-mystery/

Top 9 Most Interesting K-Drama Characters Featured On Kpopmap's "Character Sketch"

Check out these incredible K-Drama characters and our analysis of them through our special editorial series "Character Sketch".

If you've been following Kpopmap for some time now, you will know about our exclusive editorial series called "Character Sketch". In this series, with articles released on a monthly basis, we shine the spotlight on Korean drama/film characters who stand out for their complexity and intriguing depth. They leave an indelible impression, sparking discussions and discourse among fans.

In this article, we're compiling a masterlist of the most fascinating K-Drama characters who have been featured in Kpopmap's "Character Sketch" series!

Note: This list is not a ranking. It includes our "Character Sketch" articles published between Nov 11, 2022, and May 31, 2023, in their order of publication. The "Character Sketch" series is still ongoing, so this article will be updated with each release.

6. Woo DoHwan's Kang HanSoo In "Joseon Attorney: A Morality"

joseon-attorney-woo-dohwan.jpg

MBC

Kang HanSoo can be perceived as a classic Byronic hero, but what makes the character unique is the way Woo DoHwan subverts the tropes of its own category. Woo DoHwan's comedic timing has always been one of his strongest suits, and his ability to imbue Kang HanSoo with a binary of levity and gravity is what makes him stand out. Going from playful to intimidating in the blink of an eye is a feat only Woo DoHwan could have accomplished, and he knocks it out of the park every time.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-most-interesting-kdrama-characters-featured-on-kpopmap-character-sketch/

• 2 weeks later...

Korean Revenge Dramas

From The Devil Judge, and Mine to Vincenzo and Itaewon Class, get ready to dive into the riveting world of revenge with our carefully curated list of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas.

Stories fueled by vengeance or revenge have certainly been a captivating genre and have managed to etch their name on the hearts of audiences around the world. That is precisely why, this time we have curated a list of the best Korean revenge dramas offering a list of shows with an iconic cinematic experience as well as electrifying storylines. In fact, we have tried to create an all-inclusive list of Korean revenge dramas that serve up a feast of adrenaline-pumping plot twists, amazing action sequences, and razor-sharp dialogues. From Netflix's gripping Korean dramas like The Devil Judge, Mine, Vincenzo, and Itaewon Class to shows streaming on a plethora of other must-watch revenge sagas streaming on Amazon Prime Video, MX Player, Disney Plus Hotstar as well as other OTT channels, this collection is tailor-made for your Korean drama streaming marathon. So what are you waiting for? Scroll on, to allow us to guide you through a specially handpicked selection of the finest K dramas that revolve around the riveting theme of revenge.

This comprehensive guide to the world of revenge-based K dramas will ensure you are well equipped to navigate the maze of intriguing plots and dynamic characters because information packed assortment offers you all the right information like the IMDb ratings, star cast, creators, along with tantalizing trailers, or posters, accompanied by concise plot summaries. With these details at your disposal, we are rather sure, it will be pretty easy to decide ‘What do you want to watch next?’ 

Go on! Dive into the list, and get ready for a complete entertainment package with our handpicked selection of the top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings. 

Top 15 Korean revenge dramas along with their IMDb ratings

1. Joseon Attorney (2023)

• Original title: Joseon Lawyer
  • Running Time: 
  • K Drama Genre: Comedy, Drama, History 
  • K Drama Star Cast: Woo Do Hwan, Kim Ji yeon, Hak Yeon Cha
  • Director: Kim Seung ho, Lee Han Joon
  • Writer: Choi Jin Young
  • Year of release: 2023
  • Where to Watch / OTT Platform: Amazon Prime Video
  • IMDb Rating: 7.7/10

Featuring the best Korean actors like Woo Do Hwan, Kim Ji Yeon, and Hak Yeon Cha among others, this Korean revenge drama is directed by Kim Seung Ho and Lee Han Joon. The 2023 historical drama features elements of comedy and is written by Choi Jin Young. When it comes to the plot it revolves around a lawyer named Kang Han Soo as well as how he meets a princess named Lee Yeon Joo. This show is available on Amazon Prime Video to stream. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/korean-revenge-dramas-1238216

*** Woo Do Hwan has graced the September issue of fashion magazine Men Noblesse, and he’s got more than just looks to talk about. Featured under the concept “Our Lives are a Journey,” he gave a sneak peek into this fall’s fashion trends with monotone outfits in beige and navy. I'm happy that Woo Do Hwan has been busy, jumping right back into the grind. He reveals, "Regardless of the effort I’ve put in, I’m grateful just to be called upon. I’ve been going project to project, but lately, I’ve been feeling that rest is important too. Managing one’s schedule and taking proper rest is part of one’s ability.”  He also briefly touched on his perspective as an actor. “Rather than my approach to acting, my perspective on life itself has changed. Before, I lived confined to the goal of being a ‘good actor,’ but now, I’m considering a lot more outside of acting. I owe a lot to many people—family, friends, fans—and I want to repay them little by little. At some point, I realized that’s the most important value. I’m just a person who makes a living through acting. There are all kinds of people living in this world; everyone’s special in their own way. If acting was everything to me before, now it’s just my job.” He confesses he was anxious after getting discharged, his fears have morphed into a new form of dedication. “When I first came out of the military, I remember being so nervous. Even standing in front of the camera, I felt insecure. During the script reading for Bloodhounds, fear was always lurking. Thankfully, the project turned out well. Director Kim Joo Hwan and Sang Yi (co-star) were always there to center me. Looking back, my burden became a sense of responsibility thanks to them.” Woo Do Hwan is not slowing down. I'm looking forward to his next project, a Netflix feature called "Mr. Plankton."    :heart2:

42.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

*** Woo Do Hwan went on a fun vacation with Kim Min Jae. On September 4, he uploaded a new post on his personal Instagram where they were on vacation in a beautiful place. They looked handsome and goofy in the new pictures together. Woo Do Hwan was dressed in white pants and a blue hoodie. Jang Ki Yong, their  close friend leaves a comment, saying that Woo Do Hwan looks amazing. Woo Do Hwan and Kim Min Jae have been friends for a while after working together on "Tempted". Since then, they always supported each other’s new work as well as spent a lot of time together.  Jang Ki Yong, on the other hand, has been a close friend of Woo Do Hwan for a long time as well. They always comment on each other’s posts.   :coolshades:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwuJ5pdplLj/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=e4c6695f-bf45-426d-b60e-0bd230fd0bc3

• 2 weeks later...

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Outer Power

As summer slowly marches on to its end, it is finally time to pull out the outerwear to jazz up your looks. From coats to jackets, picking a good piece can go a long way to elevate a look. As fall settles in, grab your best outers and strut in style.

20230912_seoulbeats_woodohwan_mennobless

source : Seoulbeats

*** Web dramas are not included in this list.   :coolcat:

14 Historical K-Dramas Of 2023

3. "Joseon Lawyer: A Morality"

Joseon-Lawyer-A-Morality-scaled.jpg

MBC

When: March 31, 2023

Cast: Woo DoHwan, WJSN's BoNa, Cha HakYeon

Summary: (Based on webtoon) It is a refreshing and heartwarming story about Kang HanSu, a lawyer who plans lawsuits and even takes advantage of the feelings of wronged victims. Due to unintended events, he becomes revered as the people's "solver" and hero, which causes him to really grow into a just lawyer.

Why watch?: With this drama, you can look forward to original chemistry with a strong female lead along with the main character and the wonderful universe of the Joseon Dynasty.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/8-historical-kdramas-of-2023/

• 4 weeks later...

*** “Mr. Plankton” has already started filming. On October 16, Sports Seoul reported that they received a tip from a reader who claimed that the production team of Netflix’s upcoming drama “Mr. Plankton” illegally dumped trash after filming on Jeju Island. According to the photos provided by the informant, the production team left food containers, water bottles, plastic cups, cigarette packs, cigarette butts, leftover coffee, and wads of paper, on which there was information including the drama’s filming schedule and contact information of the producing directors.   :heart3:

news-p.v1.20231016.82057a092b3745f192b9d

source : https://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1358743?ref=naver

• 2 weeks later...

*** Web dramas are not included in this list and this is not a ranking. Also, dramas starting in 2023 are included in this list.   :kitty:

17 Historical K-Dramas Of 2023

3. "Joseon Lawyer: A Morality"

Joseon-Lawyer-A-Morality-scaled.jpg

MBC

When: March 31, 2023

Cast: Woo DoHwan, WJSN's BoNa, Cha HakYeon

Summary: (Based on webtoon) It is a refreshing and heartwarming story about Kang HanSu, a lawyer who plans lawsuits and even takes advantage of the feelings of wronged victims. Due to unintended events, he becomes revered as the people's "solver" and hero, which causes him to really grow into a just lawyer.

Why watch?: With this drama, you can look forward to original chemistry with a strong female lead along with the main character and the wonderful universe of the Joseon Dynasty.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/8-historical-kdramas-of-2023/