Woo Do Hwan ❤️ 우도환 ❤️ 禹棹奂 ❤️ ウ·ドファン

SCSfanz

I just finished My Country. WDH was fantastic!  He absolutely nails these tough badass characters with soft loyal hearts. All those emotions that fly across his face, and his eyes that go cold to warm so easily! 

How is it that he was not nominated and did not win any awards for this?!  I wanted more of Hwi and Seonho’s bromance.. Might need a rewatch but a few more thoughts in the spoiler / hidden function first.  For now.. on a purely superficial level, WDH is so handsome, his features are like a painting. His character Seonho really emphasised his unusually long eyelashes and tiny tiny waist despite his clearly defined abs. His gf (current or future) sure is/will be a lucky lady ;) 

Spoiler

I thought Seonho was always looking out for Hwi but Hwi seemed to just forget about his friend during the middle episodes and it wasn’t until the last few episodes did he finally step up (ie when he finally saved Seonho and said he is his dearest friend). But Hwi stabbed Seonho, right before his father was killed in front of him, and then just left Seonho behind! RickRoll'D! Thank goodness for Sung rok! I don’t know if I’m just biased / blinded because WDH is my fave, but did it seem like Seonho was always thinking about how to protect Hwi and worrying about him dying, but Hwi was just running around being the moral good guy with his band of merry men and sharing “moments” with the main girl?  I skipped a lot of these “moments”, think I need to do a rewatch to make sure I didn’t skip over some seonho moments lol. 

and ok, I think the main girl was trying but I got the sense her character was meant to be a strong independent female with principles, but she seemed too inexperienced to deliver this naturally, and so came across as a bit one dimensional. Plus, she was so determined to be unwaveringly loyal to Hwi that she was unnecessarily mean to Seonho!   

Seonho and Yeon were cute, poor Yeon. I still don’t understand the supposed love triangle between Seonho, Hwi and the main girl. By the end, It felt more like a love triangle between Seonho, Hwi and Bang Won. I don’t get why Bang Won looked down on Seonho so much. They’re very similar, with dad issues, if anything, Bang Won should’ve taken Seonho under his wing. 

In other news.. I was also happy to see WDH update on his insta and the TKEM fam reunion!! So sweet they reunited during his military leave, i wonder if he got teary hehe.  

I saw that the SBS 2020 awards just appointed their MCs - fingers crossed WDH is nominated for jo Yeong / jo eun sop!!!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ava Jo said:

HAHA he does have beautiful sculpted features.. the first pic especially is great! 

oh my goodness, those actually look legit! 

19 hours ago, Ava Jo said:

I just finished My Country. WDH was fantastic!  He absolutely nails these tough badass characters with soft loyal hearts. All those emotions that fly across his face, and his eyes that go cold to warm so easily! 

How is it that he was not nominated and did not win any awards for this?!  I wanted more of Hwi and Seonho’s bromance.. Might need a rewatch but a few more thoughts in the spoiler / hidden function first.  For now.. on a purely superficial level, WDH is so handsome, his features are like a painting. His character Seonho really emphasised his unusually long eyelashes and tiny tiny waist despite his clearly defined abs. His gf (current or future) sure is/will be a lucky lady ;) 

In other news.. I was also happy to see WDH update on his insta and the TKEM fam reunion!! So sweet they reunited during his military leave, i wonder if he got teary hehe.  

I saw that the SBS 2020 awards just appointed their MCs - fingers crossed WDH is nominated for jo Yeong / jo eun sop!!!

Yay! another my country fan. I love that drama. Unlike TKEM, i didn't have a "i wsh.. if only" list. And yes he's looking really good in sageuk, i really want to see him in another sword fighting badass role. 

About the girl.. i dont know if it's her acting, she's just one dimensional like you said and i feel no chemistry between her and anyone else in the drama. i'd say remove her and put more seonho lol. 

Lets look out for SBS2020 nominations!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

oh my goodness, those actually look legit! 

Yay! another my country fan. I love that drama. Unlike TKEM, i didn't have a "i wsh.. if only" list. And yes he's looking really good in sageuk, i really want to see him in another sword fighting badass role. 

About the girl.. i dont know if it's her acting, she's just one dimensional like you said and i feel no chemistry between her and anyone else in the drama. i'd say remove her and put more seonho lol. 

Lets look out for SBS2020 nominations!

yeh true I had a wishlist for TKEM.. more time needed on JY please lol. 

agree with you about the girl - her love story / plot could have been removed and it would not have made a difference to the drama. We already had friends of Hwi’s father looking out for Hwi and the head lady of Iharu passing on information. When I finished I obviously googled reviews straight away and agree with #5 lol -“the depth of WDH’s beauty”

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/10/30/five-reasons-you-must-watch-my-country-the-new-age/

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Dohwan and KYJ have matching glasses...:D 

...the security couple from TKEM...:wub:

the security couple

haha how funny, why are they “the security couple”, wasnt she public affairs, not security?.. I love how LMH and WDH are goofing about in that photo, their bromance is great. Also, if that’s what they all look like makeup-less, the actress that plays the PM looks great :o 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ava Jo said:

yeh true I had a wishlist for TKEM.. more time needed on JY please lol. 

agree with you about the girl - her love story / plot could have been removed and it would not have made a difference to the drama. We already had friends of Hwi’s father looking out for Hwi and the head lady of Iharu passing on information. When I finished I obviously googled reviews straight away and agree with #5 lol -“the depth of WDH’s beauty”

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/10/30/five-reasons-you-must-watch-my-country-the-new-age/

haha how funny, why are they “the security couple”, wasnt she public affairs, not security?.. I love how LMH and WDH are goofing about in that photo, their bromance is great. Also, if that’s what they all look like makeup-less, the actress that plays the PM looks great :o 

LOL allow me to quote this bit of that article cos it's funny. and yup, i don't understand LOL.  i thought Jo yeong was :wub: and then they put him in hanbok and that mane of glory and i died. sorry Jo Yeong, seonho won me over.

#5: You don’t understand the depth of Woo Do Hwan’s beauty.

Drama Geek: Photos can only convey so much, but put this man in elegant hanbok, slap a mane of glory on him, and he’s about the most divine creature you can behold. 
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

LOL allow me to quote this bit of that article cos it's funny. and yup, i don't understand LOL.  i thought Jo yeong was :wub: and then they put him in hanbok and that mane of glory and i died. sorry Jo Yeong, seonho won me over.

#5: You don’t understand the depth of Woo Do Hwan’s beauty

LOL I also don’t understand. Oo that’s an interesting question - Jo Yeong vs Seonho... Jo Yeong is cooler, but Seonho is prettier (even though they are literally played by the same person!) and more tortured..  

@rocher22 lol I’ve not seen that ship before, WDH has chemistry with everyone!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ava Jo said:

LOL I also don’t understand. Oo that’s an interesting question - Jo Yeong vs Seonho... Jo Yeong is cooler, but Seonho is prettier (even though they are literally played by the same person!) and more tortured..  

@rocher22 lol I’ve not seen that ship before, WDH has chemistry with everyone!! 

yes, he has a great chemistry with himself too...:D

:heart:

25b29bcb21055b1ba8bf6db33a6802c8.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQTHF0JlFP/

some fanart...

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...