[Drama 2020/2021] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다

0ly40

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

I love this FL since her early day on "I love romance 1" drama, i found her very cute and has natural beauty, no much change since school uniform days till now.

I am not familiar with the ML, but by looking at his small eyes, i know he has that kind of "womaniser" vibe...:D....sorry to his fans, but he does have that kind of look....

Yes, agreed with you that the 2nd ML Kim Young Dae is a cutie pie and he looks like Gang Dong-won who acted in "Peninsula" movie. (I did not watch it as it has a lot of bad review).

I saw the FL only in Parasite, that's why i'm impressed by her acting in this series. The way she delivers her lines!

The ML I saw in Misty (and minor roles in Dr. Champ and The Good Wife). In Misty he also plays a womanizer who cheats on his wife, so that's dead on :D

Second ML I saw in Extraordinary You and a few episodes of Penthouse. He hasn't really shown his acting skills there, so looking forward how the story develops here. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 1

by lovepark

cheatonme01-00268.jpg

With a mix of cheekiness and grim humor, Cheat on Me, If You Can is about a famous crime novelist and her divorce attorney husband. To the public, they make the happily married pair, but in reality, he’s a charming scoundrel who meets women in droves while she’s a blank-faced beauty with a penchant for all things murderous. Right out the gate, the show delves into their marriage and reveals that something darker lies behind their perfect masks.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

cheatonme01-00005.jpg

Rain pelts a blood-stained street, and at the end of the crimson trail, lies a body. In a warehouse-cum-office, two men comment on the downpour when their doors swing open. The body from before walks in, and gritting his teeth in agony, he requests for a hit on his wife, Kang Yeo-joo.

Three months prior, a figure approaches KANG YEO-JOO (Jo Yeo-jung) who’s sleeping on the couch, and a pillow hovers above her head as if to suffocate her. At the last second, the pillow goes under Yeo-joo, and her husband HAN WOO-SUNG (Go Joon) smiles down at her.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-1/

I'm having fun trying to analyze this drama.

Imo Yeo Joo didn’t kill Soo Jung, but she does feel responsible for her death. It might be because she didn't take action on whatever the actress said when they met, since Yeo Joo knew Soo Jung was doing something dangerous on the phone call, or it might be related to whatever happened seven years ago. She said the killer in the next book will be a reporter, and we didn't have a reason until later when Yeo Joo says she used to be one. That’s why she cried and apologized to her picture.

There are a couple of things that imply that at least some of what we're seeing is Yeo Joo's imagination.

1). The most obvious is when Yeo Joo takes a hair pin out, says it could be an axe, and then when she throws it we see an axe embed itself in the wall.

2). The theme of being watched. Yeo Joo is being watched by Soo Ho, her husband is being watched by the blackmail guy, is on TV, and is trying to play up his image so he can go into politics. Soo Jung was also being stalked (?) and her manager is legit a saesang fan. And to top it off the episode literally starts out with Soo Ho being followed.

3). When Soo Ho is looking through the telescope, in the middle of the scene there’s one shot where we're looking at him from behind something, followed by a shot through the telescope, reminding us that he's watching them, and we're watching him.

4). The whole scene where she's talking to the police seemed a bit... off. She knew things that we didn't know, and made claims presented as truth that seemingly came out of nowhere. And she didn't mention anything about exactly what trouble Soo Jung was in, or that she had talked to her recently. This could all be explained by other things, and whatever other conspiracies are going on, but right now it's a little fishy.

Honestly, I would really hate it if a lot of the show turns out to be in Yeo Joo’s head, or in her story. If we find out parts aren't real, then we can’t care about the story because it's not real, and we can't care about the characters because it turns out we didn't actually know them. However, I like the idea of the directing and writing acknowledging that the show we're watching is like reading one of Yeo Joo's novels, and that she herself is treating the case like her novels.

Despite being the main character, most of what we know about Yeo Joo comes from other people, and usually she's shown from other people's perspectives. It's an interesting contrast to her husband, who seems to be an open book to us but is lying to everyone around him. I believe we've only heard Yeo Joo's inner monologue one time - when she thinks that Woo Sung's friend is cheating with mysterious rich college girl. So the writer either really wants us to know that Yeo Joo doesn't know that her husband is cheating on her, or really wants us to think she doesn't know he's cheating. So truth or red herring - your guess is as good as mine.

Also: Soo Ho and Yeo Joo are definitely going to have something later, at least on his side. So far we have: that entire bookstore scene, Yeo Joo having her first genuine smile while talking to him, and a whole lot this episode. Soo Ho had a bunch of lines that could be taken as romantic in a different context, though obviously there's nothing there yet. Such as being mad he has to watch them act like a couple, annoyed that they’re close while eating, and noting that she smiles around her husband. The writer is foreshadowing hard. They also showed him spearing his lunch meat with his fork violently, which seemed excessive until we see Yeo Joo do the same thing later with the meat thermometer.

And back to the one telescope scene: The shot from behind could also have been to emphasize that what we're seeing now is private, or more private than what was shown before, even though nothing has changed. This correlates with the music change during that shot, the romantic overtones of noting she actually smiles in front of her husband, and the long profile shot ending the scene.

Random, but it was really funny how Soo Ho had that whole thing about not needing to think, and then once he's inside we hear his whole inner monologue. Clearly that's not going to take lol.

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 3

by quirkycase

CoMIYC03-01294.jpg

Our eccentric crime author’s interest is piqued by the disappearance of an acquaintance, but her curiosity does not go over well with the authorities or her husband who fears what this case could reveal about his misdeeds. As our stoic lead carries out her own little investigation – in between bouts of inspiration for her next novel – her mysterious assistant continues to follow orders to surveil her, although even he is baffled by what makes this bizarre writer worth all this effort.

EPISODE 3

In the basement, Ms. Yeom slams the freezer door shut in alarm. We cut to a crowded bus where a woman bumps into Soo-ho, leaving a lipstick stain on his bag. As he steps off the bus, a voice reports the target is on the move and describes Soo-ho’s clothing.

Several men stealthily tail him, and the one on the roof reports to the surveillance team that they’ve lost him. Soo-ho does some impressive on-the-go clothes swapping, but it’s of little use – that lipstick stain turns out to be some sort of tracker.They chase Soo-ho through alleys until he’s cornered. Soo-ho quickly and efficiently takes out two of them, but there’s plenty more left. Not that it’s a problem for Soo-ho who incapacitates them with ease. He even swipes the leader’s gun. The man begs him not shoot and cringes as Soo-ho pulls the trigger … and the man is splattered with paint.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-3/

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 4

by quirkycase

CoMIYC04-00613.jpg

The investigation into the missing actress picks up, and our detectives make some headway with the continued unwanted help of a certain morbid novelist. While she’s sleuthing around, her assistant’s suspicions grow, and he finds himself with more questions than his superiors would like. Meanwhile, our heroine’s cheating husband and his bestie might be out of their depth as they attempt to deal with a blackmailer.

EPISODE 4

Yeo-joo pulls Woo-sung out of his reverie by asking, “How much is it?” She reads his expression eerily well, guessing that someone he doesn’t want to say no to asked him for too much money. What kind of insurance is it? He’s confused until she reminds him he said he got a spam call about insurance.

She advises him to get a life insurance plan. He might get in an accident one day. Woo-sung gulps like it’s a threat as she says how lost she’d feel then. She’s not pulling in much money right now, so she’d feel reassured if he got life insurance. He reluctantly eats the piece of meat Yeo-joo holds out for him

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-4/

Cheat on Me, If You Can: Episode 5

by quirkycase

CoMIYC05-00376.jpg

The more information we get, the more something seems off about this case. Our detectives continue to be suspicious of our unconventional heroine whose composure never slips whether she’s being interrogated or examining a corpse. Her husband, on the other hand, takes the news of his mistress’s death hard and decides it’s time to make a change.

EPISODE 5

CoMIYC05-00021.jpg

Mi-rae pulls the drowning Woo-sung out of the water and resuscitates him with mouth-to-mouth. She and Consultant Nam ride in the ambulance as he’s taken to the hospital. After he’s treated, Woo-sung wants to thank Mi-rae, but Consultant Nam informs him she left for her part-time job.

Yeo-joo rushes in, and Woo-sung hurriedly shoos out Consultant Nam so his political run isn’t outed. As the couple walks out, Yeo-joo shocks Woo-sung by opining that this is what he gets for hanging around the no-good Consultant Nam. So much for keeping that secret.

A nurse runs up with a bag – it’s Mi-rae’s. Sharp as ever, Yeo-joo immediately ascertains it must be a female art student’s. Woo-sung says Consultant Nam was with a female student, so they take the bag with them.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/cheat-on-me-if-you-can-episode-5/

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying this drama and they posted ep 5-8 clips

Interesting learning about 

Cha Soo Hoo trying to learn why his target as NIS agent is to watch over author Kang Yeo Joo is understandable. I mean to have his agent friend to know he was FIRST and ONLY agent hired by her. Also we learned Agent Ma Dong Kyun dated her or was her prior hubby? (I wasn't sure.) Dang he is obsessed with her. But she is very suspicious as we saw she was in cahoots with the Baek Soo Jung's manager Kim Duk Ki now in Philippines. Very suspicious.

This interesting BOOK that Soo Hoo saw in the fridge and later no longer there. Interesting called the phantom book and he saw a hard copy (lol he should have taken it). But then to know that Agent Ma has a copy.

There is definitely more than meets the eye with Author Yeo Joo. She knew Soo Hoo was watching her and stalking her and she hired him. LOL. 

Her hubby lawyer Han Woo Sung thinks he is all slick and smart He is NOT as smart as his wife. If she did get rid of Baek Soo Jung then she is one scary woman. She could be next on that lawyer woman Park Hye Kyung from Law Firm S.

Introducing Ko Mi Rae, she is pretty and I guess to Han Sung she looks like CANDY (cinderella) but we learned earlier that she is FAR from it. Yeo Joo knew from her perfume choice and very vintage haute couture hand bag that she has some means. I noticed her heightened interest in Han Sung and wanting to know more about him. Yes he is handsome and she saved him. Now we learned she was curious about his wife and sad for his "predicament" that he "must" be unhappy with it.

Wondering how this will all pan out? Is Yeo Joo really that scary to mastermind REAL crimes and then write about them Then no wonder adds to authentic realism but then scary if she thinks she can get away with it.

Actress Cho Yeo Cheong is so pretty. I love the cat eye mascara style she has for the role. She is just gorgeous. But I love she is unpredictable. Actor Kim Young Dae, I am happy to see here after now I know of him thanks to Penthouse and Extraordinary You. (Will they have him bust out in Mandarin? I know in Penthouse he dis for a bit when one character was being bullied and he read aloud in various foreign languages what was written.)

@Jillia and @larus Thanks for your posts. I would love to see more activity on this forum. :bawling:

Last night saw more about Agent Ma. Oh so now we know a bit more about him with her pretty author. I KNEW it he was tied to her (marriage) and def has lingering feelings and cannot let go for sure it APPEARS to be that way.

Poor wife of the cop, cannot blame her not trusting her hubby as he is not taking her jealousy and concerns seriously.

But glad the partner said I have HIGH standards when inferred she was cheating with her partner. That handsome but scummy colleague --seriously you thinking touting yourself as hot and desired is going to make her want to date you? Jeez he deserved to have that coffee spilled on him.

The newscaster's boss CEO of her management company and former actress is interesting, she really did love that announcer as her real family member. All the best and people barely attended the funeral.

Why did the college student hide and be found by the wife when she is NOT guilty of anything , I agree. But dang the wife is a bit scary and accurate on her guesses.

The young cop asking former cops who trailed our lovely author , interesting what we learned.

Hmm so is Agent Ma just her protector despite all the mayhem she causes?!

preview of 13

ep 11 clips  in spoiler

Spoiler

Then today clips for ep 12 (I have to wait til I get home to watch) 

Spoiler

I saw ep 12 and I admit my interest is dwindling on the drama.

I will finish it for the cast but the author wife confronting her hubby and his assistant and the student. Ho hum. The dinner with the assistants we wife and son awkward. 

Seems like GMR continues to like the lawyer. Her driver/assistant is surprised she isn’t more a spoiled brat as she would be in her shoes. Lol. 

Seeing her constantly admire the mural, buy him shoes and calling him and being flustered despite knowing he is married. Sigh.

The cops learning more from SJ manger how he was lured by Agent Ma’s People and the author to deal with the apartment person who tried to blackmail her hubby at SJ building. 

The ending showing the lawyet hubby finally following her meet Agent Ma. Then same having them Agent/assistant following her. She lets on she is checking on him and knows about the convenience store female agent- she says he’s dating but we know he is not.

Yeah def feeling it is lukewarm now.

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020  (Go Joon is featured in this category :heart4:)

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

23 hours ago, Nodame said:

I saw ep 12 and I admit my interest is dwindling on the drama.

I will finish it for the cast but the author wife confronting her hubby and his assistant and the student. Ho hum. The dinner with the assistants we wife and son awkward. 

Seems like GMR continues to like the lawyer. Her driver/assistant is surprised she isn’t more a spoiled brat as she would be in her shoes. Lol. 

Seeing her constantly admire the mural, buy him shoes and calling him and being flustered despite knowing he is married. Sigh.

The cops learning more from SJ manger how he was lured by Agent Ma’s People and the author to deal with the apartment person who tried to blackmail her hubby at SJ building. 

The ending showing the lawyet hubby finally following her meet Agent Ma. Then same having them Agent/assistant following her. She lets on she is checking on him and knows about the convenience store female agent- she says he’s dating but we know he is not.

Yeah def feeling it is lukewarm now.

I'm quite surprised that the flasback from the first scene in episode 1 has been going on for so many episodes....I'm kinda lost...but nevertheless the cast is doing  a good job in keeping the suspense and mystery of the drama!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived