KBS DRAMA

If you cheat, you die

202011023495_20201102195911872.png?type=

Network: KBS

Episodes: 16

Genre: Thriller, Romance

Airdate: December 2nd, 2020 - January 28th, 2021

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

Director: Kim Hyung Suk (My Golden Life)

Writer: Lee Sung Min (Queen of Mystery 1 & 2)

Story:

It  is described as a story of several individuals who deal with marriage, divorce, and affairs with a guilty conscience. 

Cast:

Cho Yeo-jeong as Kang Yeo-joo

An author of best-selling mystery novels that is quite popular for her writing way. She ends her stories by killing her immortal male characters for being an unfaithful person. So she is dubbed the "Praying Mantis".

Go Joon as Han Woo-sun

Husband of Yee-joo, a divorce lawyer who gets overly passionate and emotionally involved with his work

Kim Young-dae as Cha Soo-ho

A part-time worker at a convenience store, actually an agent of the National Intelligence Service.

Yeon Woo as Mi-rae

A college student who looks innocent but deep inside, carries a complicated personality.

Kim Ye-won as An Se-jin

The only female detective in the violent crimes department.

Supporting Cast:

People around the couple (Yee-joo and Woo-sun)

Song Ok-suk as Yeom Jin-ok

Jung Sang-hoon as Son Jin-ho

People around An Se-jin

Lee Si-eon as Jang Seung-cheol

Oh Min-suk as Ma Dong-kyun

Bae Noo-ri as Eom Ji-eun

Han Soo-yeon as Park Hye-kyeong

Hong Soo-hyun

Na Young-hee

Character Chart:

1605507960292-290820.jpg

Highlight-Reel:

Teaser:

Spoiler

Script Reading:

Spoiler

OST:

Spoiler

Other Posters:

ElNgcCZXIAcXYsn?format=jpg&name=medium

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon, And Yeonwoo Confirmed + Kim Young Dae Reported To Star In New Drama About Affairs

Jun 22, 2020
by U. K
14a9c6ae9ab642ad8f49e5c592af18dd.jpeg?s=

Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon are confirmed to lead the upcoming KBS 2TV drama “If You Cheat, You Die” (literal translation)!

On June 22, a source from Jo Yeo Jeong’s agency High Entertainment shared, “It is true that Jo Yeo Jeong is starring in ‘If You Cheat, You Die,” and a source from Go Joon’s agency Story J Company also confirmed, “Go Joon will star in ‘If You Cheat, You Die.’ The script reading took place today.”

“If You Cheat, You Die” is described as a story of several individuals who deal with marriage, divorce, and affairs with a guilty conscience. Jo Yeo Jeong will play the bestselling novelist Jang Yeo Joo, while Go Joon take on the role of Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1408328wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-go-joon-and-yeonwoo-confirmed-kim-young-dae-reported-to-star-in-new-drama-about-affairs

52 minutes ago, triplem said:

I think your husband will cheat with the uni student.

I do not think so.He knows that if he cheats he dies. He won`t risk it.  

I am looking forward to see Go Joon at the press conference to see what he will wear this time. His fashion sense at the press conference of his current drama was teribble. I hope the "wife" will help to dress his super body much better. :D

I think Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon will make a good couple on screen.

optimize

I am glad that Jung Sang Hoon will be in this drama. He is hilarious. And this is a comedy so I can`t wait to see him again. Maybe he will share screen time with Go Joon.

Jung Sang Hoon is in 3 dramas this year :scream: good on him. TMB is finishing so I'm glad there will be two more dramas of him this year. He's a funny guy

So this drama is supposed to be a comedy?

@0ly40, thank you for starting the thread.
Waves to @larus, @triplem, @Ameera Ali, and @snowlou

I am so thrilled to have Go Joon in an upcoming Drama. And I think I like the pairing of him with Jo Yeo Jeong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cho Yeo-jeong and Go Joon Confirm Starring in "If You Cheat, You Die"

photo1200574.jpg

Actors Cho Yeo-jeong and Go Joon are starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "If You Cheat, You Die".

According to their agencies, the two have confirmed roles in "If You Cheat, You Die" and the script reading was scheduled to happen on the 22nd.

"If You Cheat, You Die" is a funny story about grown-ups who do bad things with guilt going through horror. Cho Yeo-jeong is a best-selling author with an extraordinary family history, and Go Joon was offered to play the role of a successful divorce lawyer.

Meanwhile, "If You Cheat, You Die" premieres later this year.

"If You Cheat, You Die" is directed by Kim Hyoung-seok, written by Lee Seong-min-II, and features Cho Yeo-jeong, Go Joon, Yeonwoo, Kim Young-dae, Bae Noo-ri, Kim Ye-won. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/10~Upcoming, on KBS.

source

8 hours ago, snowlou said:

So this drama is supposed to be a comedy?

Yes, it is a romantic comedy. We can always count on Jung Sang Hoon to make us laugh. I am curious what role he will play. Go Joon can be funny too.

Kim Young Dae will be a NIS agent who meets the heroine.It is just a job or the story needs an NIS agent? Maybe she is making a research for her new book.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon & Yeonwoo - Premieres on October 28th
July 20 2020

Cho Yeo-Jeong & Go Joon cast in KBS2 drama “If I Cheat, I Die”

If-I-Cheat_I_Die-SI01.jpg

Cho Yeo-Jeong and Go Joon are cast in KBS2 drama series “If I Cheat, I Die” (literal title). The genre of the drama series is a comedy-mystery-thriller. The duo will play lead characters who are husband and wife. Cho Yeo-Jeong will play mystery writer Kang Yeo-Joo. Because of her job, she is constantly thinking about ways to kill people. Meanwhile, Go Joon will play her husband Han Woo-Sung. He is a divorce lawyer.

“If I Cheat, I Die” will first air October, 2020 in South Korea (takes over KBS2’s Wednesday & Thurday 9:30PM time slot after “Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kang Yeo-Joo (Cho Yeo-Jeong) is a best-selling writer. She only writes crime stories, dealing with cruel murder cases. She constantly thinks about how to murder people for her novels. Kang Yeo-Joo is married to Han Woo-Sung (Go Joon). He is a lawyer, specializing in divorce. He wrote a memo to his wife stating “If I cheat, I die.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/cho-yeo-jeong-go-joon-cast-in-kbs2-drama-if-i-cheat-i-die

Kim Young Dae And More Confirmed To Join Jo Yeo Jeong And Go Joon In New Drama

Jul 27, 2020
by U. Kim
0da9bdb5523343f08ef08d30d427e841.jpeg?s=

Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon’s upcoming KBS drama “If You Cheat, You Die” (literal translation) has finalized the rest of its cast lineup!

In addition to Yeonwoo, who was previously confirmed to appear in the drama, KBS shared that Kim Young Dae, Song Ok Sook, Jung Sang Hoon, Lee Si Eon, Kim Ye Won, and Oh Min Seok are also joining the drama.

“If You Cheat, You Die” is described as a comedy mystery thriller about adults who do bad things with a guilty conscience. Jo Yeo Jeong will play the bestselling crime mystery novelist Jang Yeo Joo, who’s always thinking about different ways of killing people. Go Joon takes on the role of her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who has made a written promise with his wife that states, “If you cheat, you die.”

Kim Young Dae will play Cha Soo Ho, a convenience store part-time worker with a pretty face who gets involved with Kang Yeo Joo and tries to protect her. Song Ok Sook will be the professional housekeeper Yeom Jin Ok, while Jung Sang Hoon will take on the role of Han Woo Sung’s best friend Son Jin Ho.

Lee Si Eon will play the experienced detective Jang Seung Chul, and Kim Ye Won will transform into Ahn Se Jin, the only female detective of the violent crimes department. The two characters joined the same police department in the same year and share a close bond as colleagues. On the other hand, Oh Min Seok will play Ma Dong Gyun, a chief at the National Intelligence Service.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1415187wpp/kim-young-dae-and-more-confirmed-to-join-jo-yeo-jeong-and-go-joon-in-new-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon & Yeonwoo - Premieres on December 2nd

First look at Jo Yeo-jung, Go Joon in new stills for If You Have an Affair, You’ll Die

by tccolb

0000864358_001.jpg

New character stills have been released for KBS’s new mystery-comedy If You Have an Affair, You’ll Die, featuring lead actors Jo Yeo-jung (9.9 Billion Won Woman) and Go Joon (Oh My Baby).The drama involves Jo Yeo-jung and Go Joon in a marriage sealed by contract, which includes the literal and quite ominous clause: “If you have an affair, you’ll die.” As the story unfolds for both the leading and supporting characters, though, the drama aims to explore human nature and how, despite feeling guilty, people continue to behave in shocking and dishonorable ways.

Jo Yeo-jung takes on the role of best-selling crime novelist Kang Yeo-joo, who is revered as the queen of mysteries. Her mind is often pre-occupied, trying to think of different ideas and methods for killing people off in her stories. She always strives to write the most bizarre and surprising deaths (So, maybe a little makjang meets Game of Thrones?).

Go Joon plays divorce lawyer Han Woo-sung, who is the picture-perfect dream husband to Jo Yeo-jung. He enjoys success in his career, being highly skilled, professional, and charismatic. But he also has a gentle side, which is brought out by his wife, and he showers her with sweetness and romance.

Written by Lee Sung-min (Mystery Queen) and directed by PD Kim Hyung-seok (My Golden Life, Oh My Venus), KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama If You Have an Affair, You’ll Die is currently set to premiere on December 2.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/first-look-at-jo-yeo-jung-go-joon-in-new-stills-for-if-you-have-an-affair-youll-die/

Go Joon Transforms Into Charismatic Lawyer And Loving Husband In New Drama With Jo Yeo Jeong

Oct 23, 2020
by C. Hong
b15557d202ae401caff4ecbcb91b47d7.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming drama “If You Cheat, You Die” (literal translation) has released new stills of Go Joon in character as Han Woo Sung.

“If You Cheat, You Die” is about the marriage between a wife who is a murder mystery writer and thinks only about how to kill people all day long and a husband who is a divorce lawyer and has a contract with his wife that “if you cheat, you die.”

Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Kang Yeo Joo, the bestselling crime novelist known as the “queen of mystery.” Go Joon stars as Han Woo Sung, the expert divorce lawyer who is the perfect husband in terms of sexiness, charisma, and affection.

In the new stills, Go Joon embraces his character’s natural charisma in a tailored suit as he goes about his day as a divorce lawyer. Every day, he handles unexpected situations such as a client going down on his knees before him to make a request.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433250wpp/go-joon-transforms-into-charismatic-lawyer-and-loving-husband-in-new-drama-with-jo-yeo-jeong

Posters

Spoiler

Stills

Jo Yeo Jeong’s Drama “Cheat On Me If You Can” Reveals New Poster + 1st Glimpse Of Kim Young Dae In Character

98d6642948244f408b4ff22a2bc500b1.jpeg?s=

Oct 29, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Cheat on Me If You Can” has shared its first sneak peek of Kim Young Dae in his dashing role!

“Cheat on Me If You Can” is a new comedy-mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong will star as murder mystery novelist Kang Yeo Joo, who spends all day thinking up different ways to kill people, while Go Joon will play her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who has made a promise in writing with his wife that states, “If you cheat, you die.”

In a playful new poster for the drama, Jo Yeo Jeong sits on a spooky basement staircase in red heels with a skeleton for company. In spite of her innocent-looking white dress, the poster hints at danger ahead through the ominous title of Kang Yeo Joo’s book, which invites her husband to “Cheat on me if you can.”

On October 29, the upcoming drama also released its first stills of Kim Young Dae in his role as Cha Soo Ho, a handsome part-time worker at a convenience store who tries to protect Kang Yeo Joo after the two wind up crossing paths.

In contrast to his youthful, pretty face, Cha Soo Ho exudes an intimidating aura of strength and resilience as he stands at his store counter—and as he faces off with a co-worker while blocking their path.

The producers of “Cheat on Me If You Can” commented, “Kim Young Dae will show a variety of transformations as Cha Soo Ho, a young man who looks cold but is stubborn and steadfast in his own beliefs.”

“In addition to his obviously flawless looks, Kim Young Dae will play a crucial role in the drama by adding to the mystery of the story together with actors Jo Yeo Jong and Go Joon,” they continued, “so please show a lot of anticipation.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434557wpp/jo-yeo-jeongs-drama-cheat-on-me-if-you-can-reveals-new-poster-1st-glimpse-of-kim-young-dae-in-character

Jo Yeo Jeong And Go Joon’s Marriage In “Cheat On Me If You Can” Is Risky Business

Nov 2, 2020
by M. Kang

The main poster for Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon’s new drama has been revealed!

The two transform into the most suspicious couple for “Cheat on Me If You Can,” KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday comedy-mystery thriller. Kang Yeo Joo (Jo Yeo Jeong) is a best-selling murder mystery novelist and her husband Han Woo Sung (Go Joon) is a divorce attorney that married her after signing a written promise that states, “If you cheat, you die.”

jo-yeo-jeong-go-joon.jpg

The poster revealed on November 2 gives a glimpse of the couple’s dynamic. Seated in her study, Kang Yeo Joo holds a bloodstained knife and has a stone cold expression. The tension rises as drama fans wonder whose blood is on the knife. Behind her is Han Woo Sung, who trembles in fear and holds on to his necktie as if he feels suffocated.

Despite sharing the same space, the two give off entirely different vibes. How their relationship will progress as the series unravels is a mystery of its own.

The production team of “Cheat on Me If You Can” has stated, “We will show Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon’s ‘killer chemistry’ through unpredictable incidents.” They added, “We will present you with fun and thrill with interesting characters and exhilarating events. Please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435332wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-and-go-joons-marriage-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can-is-risky-business

Watch: Go Joon Acts Suspiciously In Front Of Jo Yeo Jeong In “Cheat On Me If You Can” Teaser

26afe6e53ff0407095960bed52454d60.jpeg?s=

Nov 4, 2020
by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Cheat on Me If You Can” released a hilarious new teaser!

“Cheat on Me If You Can” is an upcoming comedy-mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong will star as murder mystery novelist Kang Yeo Joo who spends all day thinking up different ways to kill people, while Go Joon will play her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who has made a promise in writing with his wife that states, “If you cheat, you die.”

In the new teaser video, Kang Yeo Joo and Han Woo Sung are trying to take an adorable selfie together. The two stand close together with loving smiles. Suddenly, however, he receives a message that reads, “What are you doing, honey?” from someone whose name is saved as two pink hearts.

The atmosphere turns cold as Han Woo Sung quickly tries to remedy the situation. He plucks the message out with his hand and smashes the text into pieces. Kang Yeo Joo’s expression turns rigid with suspicion as the smile disappears from her face.

Han Woo Sung desperately tries to explain, “It’s my grandmother. Grandmother’s old nickname is honey,” and he quickly leaves the spot, leaving Kang Yeo Joo alone. The new message, “‘Cheat on Me If You Can’ premieres on Wednesday, December 2,” appears on the phone screen.

The production team commented, “This witty teaser video with a frightening twist portrays a moment that any couple could imagine. From their expressions to their reactions, Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon had great chemistry, producing an even funnier image.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435733wpp/watch-go-joon-acts-suspiciously-in-front-of-jo-yeo-jeong-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can-teaser

Go Joon and Jo Yeo-jung play a happily married in new promos for Cheat on Me, if You Can

by tccolb

202011023495_20201102195911872.png

New promos have been released for KBS’s new mystery-comedy Cheat on Me, if You Can (a.k.a. If You Have an Affair, You’ll Die), featuring a new poster and two video teasers.

The drama stars Jo Yeo-jung (9.9 Billion Won Woman) and Go Joon (Oh My Baby) as a couple who agreed to marry with some curious conditions. Bound by a signed legal contract, the terms of their marriage includes a notable stipulation: “If you have an affair, you’ll die.”

In the newly released poster we get the sense that this may not be entirely a joke with Jo Yeo-jung posed at her desk, wielding a bloody knife. The knife, along with most of the props, is also a nod to the character’s job. As a successful and best-selling crime novelist, Jo is famous for the inventive and numerous ways she kills off people in her books. While Go Joon, who looks warily at Jo from behind, works as a divorce lawyer.

The first teaser is edited like a phone screen, showing Jo Yeo-jung and Go Joon trying to take a selfie together. They giggle and smile while adjusting the camera angle, when suddenly a text message pop-ups: “Honey, are you busy?” Alarmed, Go Joon grabs the message and rips it up, while Jo Yeo-jung turns to look at him.

He stammers, “It’s my grandma, grandma… it’s an old nickname of mine… honey…” before running away. The teaser comes to a close as Jo Yeo-jung turns back to the camera and a second text message pops-up: “KBS, Wednesday-Thursday drama / Cheat on Me, if You Can / Premieres Wednesday, December 2.”

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/go-joon-and-jo-yeo-jung-plays-a-happily-married-in-new-promos-for-cheat-on-me-if-you-can/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] If you cheat, you die, 바람피면 죽는다 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon & Yeonwoo - Premieres on December 2nd

Watch: Jo Yeo Jeong Cooks Up Different Ways To Punish Her Unfaithful Husband Go Joon In “Cheat On Me If You Can” Teaser

Nov 16, 2020
by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Cheat on Me If You Can” released a new teaser!

The comedy-mystery thriller is about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. Jo Yeo Jeong will star as murder mystery novelist Kang Yeo Joo who spends all day thinking up different ways to kill people, while Go Joon will play her husband Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer who has made a promise in writing with his wife that states, “If you cheat, you die.”

The trailer starts off with Kang Yeo Joo narrating, “She found out that her husband had an affair and decided to become a widow rather than get a divorce.”

Then her mind drifts into her imaginary world where she catches Han Woo Sung cheating on her. She raises a knife to stab him, but before anything could happen, she presses the backspace button and says, “Wait. This isn’t it.” Then she brainstorms different weapons she can use to get her revenge, such as a wrench, plastic hammer, and gun.

Towards the end, Kang Yeo Joo approaches her husband with a rather large pair of scissors, and he looks horrified as he attempts to stop her. The other woman flees the scene as Han Woo Sung suffers unimaginable pain. Kang Yeo Joo smirks in satisfaction, and her voiceover says, “Don’t worry. I’ll fix it for you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438054wpp/watch-jo-yeo-jeong-cooks-up-different-ways-to-punish-her-unfaithful-husband-go-joon-in-cheat-on-me-if-you-can-teaser

Archived