Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞


Recommended Posts

This drama is so rocking..

can someone direct me to any chit chat on actual story details

6 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Just saw ep 8^^! Oh boy what is SF gonna do to lift the lover's mask curse???!

Love to see XJ all powerful and mighty now^^. I love a strong, female lead :).

 

Question, XJ's voice actor sounds like Reba's voice actor? Is it her?

Also who voice SF's and HC's voices? Is not Yehua's voice actor, is it? One of them sounds similar.

 

So at this point, we know that XJ was born without her senses.

What are the sense she have now, and what are the missing senses she needs to find?

 

 

she has her taste back, post ep 8 she gets her smell and eyesight (color distinction)

 

 

i guess pending should be 4-ear (distinghishing voices)

5-feeling (skin) and thus her heart

6- i assume this should be spiritual/ like unlocking of cultivation or sthg;;..her power

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahaha, the meme from Weibo.

HaoChen knows nothing about love.   Today is Qixi, we got some hot spoiler   

not gonna lie HC truly is the definition of a demon in heavens clothing  

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

This drama is so rocking..

can someone direct me to any chit chat on actual story details

she has her taste back, post ep 8 she gets her smell and eyesight (color distinction)

 

 

i guess pending should be 4-ear (distinghishing voices)

5-feeling (skin) and thus her heart

6- i assume this should be spiritual/ like unlocking of cultivation or sthg;;..her power

The ep 15 is the eye.. but this one i am bit confuse as she din touch any "ba huang" mirror fragments. Why suddenly she can different shapes the colour? She only found the sword at ep 16.

 

Arghh talking ep 15... i like the scene where sifeng so happy that she open the curse mask... kya...

 

So far only 2 fragments she touch.

1st fragment found in the lake ep 1, she accidentally hurt her hand with the fragment under the lake..

2nd fragments found in the li ze Palace ep 12, SF gave her the fragment and she found the smell sense

3rd suddenly eye senses at ep 15..  question mark for me.. 

 

I think the 6 sense is her true self that lock in the glass in the lake by hao chen..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

The ep 15 is the eye.. but this one i am bit confuse as she din touch any "ba huang" mirror fragments. Why suddenly she can different shapes the colour? She only found the sword at ep 16.

 

Arghh talking ep 15... i like the scene where sifeng so happy that she open the curse mask... kya...

 

So far only 2 fragments she touch.

1st fragment found in the lake ep 1, she accidentally hurt her hand with the fragment under the lake..

2nd fragments found in the li ze Palace ep 12, SF gave her the fragment and she found the smell sense

3rd suddenly eye senses at ep 15..  question mark for me.. 

 

I think the 6 sense is her true self that lock in the glass in the lake by hao chen..

they found one at that red fox place which the bird tried to steal away

it was in a painting i think

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

But the fox din give to them. If she gave then she would remember her past... that is strange...

 

In ep 15 when the bird stealed the mirror fragment, the fox chased after and attacked it.

The fragment then broke into 3 pieces, the bird and the fox both took 1 pcs and fly away.

The last one fell in Xuan Ji's hand and she has eye senses back at that time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rivajuu said:

 

In ep 15 a bird took the mirror and Xuan Ji got it back.

Is it? Let me rewatch.... I din see it.. I thought Linglong unable to get the fragments from fox cave... then they told Xuan ji that fox has the ba Huang mirror fragments in her cave.

 

O ya.. u right... somehow I missed out that part... hahaha

i only watch the sweet moment in the cave... lol..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for this drama since last year. So very happy that it finally aired albeit with lots of pending ever since early 2020.

 

The trailer was very interesting and I was immediately hooked. Then I hunted the novel as preparation.

Spoiler

 

Honestly, when I finished the novel, my verdict was the story was not really my taste. The female lead personality is good (believe me I hate lots of female lead characters) but the love story itself lack something. I felt that the author had very good ingredient in her hands but somehow she failed to make it something excellent.

10 lives is an intriguing background. But, the male lead seems to have nothing to do with that. Since the beginning, the novel has teased the reader about the female lead background as God of War. Even with lovers curse and demon identity, the male lead pale in comparison with the female lead. I got the feel that Si Feng just part of Xuan Ji journey, he was not integral in it. Then, nearly in the end, we were told that Si Feng was a minor God in his past life. But it didn't add to the story. Whether he was a God before or not, did not matter in the big picture or their love story.

Therefore, I am happy that the drama seems to deviate a little from the novel. From what I can infer from trailers, the drama put more weight on the male lead background thus elevate this character importance in the female lead journey.

 

 

So far I love this drama. The pace is good, the leads chemistry is also good. Perhaps this will be the first drama in this year that I finish without skipping to the end. Other dramas I have watched either has annoying female lead (damsel in distress or holier than thou attitude) or boring story.

It is quite refreshing to see the male lead is the one that becomes damsel in distress for once :lol:.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xienrue said:

I have been waiting for this drama since last year. So very happy that it finally aired albeit with lots of pending ever since early 2020.

 

The trailer was very interesting and I was immediately hooked. Then I hunted the novel as preparation.

  Hide contents

 

Honestly, when I finished the novel, my verdict was the story was not really my taste. The female lead personality is good (believe me I hate lots of female lead characters) but the love story itself lack something. I felt that the author had very good ingredient in her hands but somehow she failed to make it something excellent.

10 lives is an intriguing background. But, the male lead seems to have nothing to do with that. Since the beginning, the novel has teased the reader about the female lead background as God of War. Even with lovers curse and demon identity, the male lead pale in comparison with the female lead. I got the feel that Si Feng just part of Xuan Ji journey, he was not integral in it. Then, nearly in the end, we were told that Si Feng was a minor God in his past life. But it didn't add to the story. Whether he was a God before or not, did not matter in the big picture or their love story.

Therefore, I am happy that the drama seems to deviate a little from the novel. From what I can infer from trailers, the drama put more weight on the male lead background thus elevate this character importance in the female lead journey.

 

 

So far I love this drama. The pace is good, the leads chemistry is also good. Perhaps this will be the first drama in this year that I finish without skipping to the end. Other dramas I have watched either has annoying female lead (damsel in distress or holier than thou attitude) or boring story.

It is quite refreshing to see the male lead is the one that becomes damsel in distress for once :lol:.

 

Me too. I think the drama did justice to the story and the characters than the novel itself.

Ashes of love too. Jinmin acts so childish after all the pain she suffered while Jinmi in the drama so mature.....

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rivajuu said:

 

Me too. I think the drama did justice to the story and the characters than the novel itself.

Ashes of love too. Jinmin acts so childish after all the pain she suffered while Jinmi in the drama so mature.....

 

Yes, the drama gives a meatier character background to the male lead. It makes the love story more powerful. Ths is one drama that I am happy to be deviate from the original source.

Talking about Ashes of Love, my opinion until today is the actress should have showed a more devastated state of emotion after Xu Feng died and she realized her love. Actually, this is a common problem in chinese drama world. I often watch dramas where the female lead just failed in emoting a crushed and devastated feeling. Instead I got a smiling face (without even a hint of sadness in her eyes), a flat face, a cold face, etc. Nothing hinting that the character feels crushed inside.

I truly hope that the female lead in Love and Redemption will deliver.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dun understand why suddenly a red bird can get the mirror?

even linglong and Ying Hua unable to pull the mirror from the cave... lol..

 

so suddenly the red bird fly with the “bang Hua” mirror then it breaks into another 3 pieces. 
xuan ji hold 1 and gets her smell senses back..

1 with the fox.

the other one with the red bird.

so she need to gain another 2 fragments to gain 2 senses..

and I believe the last senses will be the lamp that hidden in the bottom of lake and guarded by ancient torch dragon... is it correct?

 

who is this red bird?

is from demon clan?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww the live broadcast of them reenacting the mask scene was cute! It may have been a little awkward because it has been probably a year or so since they've completed filming the drama, but regardless, still adorable!

 

On the other hand, does anyone know why Sifeng stuttered during the beginning of the drama? Was it because of the mask he was wearing, or was it because he was nervous around Xuanji?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Aww the live broadcast of them reenacting the mask scene was cute! It may have been a little awkward because it has been probably a year or so since they've completed filming the drama, but regardless, still adorable!

 

On the other hand, does anyone know why Sifeng stuttered during the beginning of the drama? Was it because of the mask he was wearing, or was it because he was nervous around Xuanji?

In the earlier episodes, it was mentioned that it was his first time out of the li ze palace so he had to pick up a new "language".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler


 

Crystal look shy when see the trailer of their kissing

from the trailer Xuan ji ask is Feng why the mole is gone...

Si Feng answer because the lovers curse lift up...

yeaaa finally... we know the answer of the ending

 

omo... that mean on trailer Xuan ji in deed dunno that siFeng is demon is actually happen in the 10th life..

 

i think got the whole story now...

The ending to be..

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:


 

Crystal look shy when see the trailer of their kissing

from the trailer Xuan ji ask is Feng why the mole is gone...

what happen? Why the mole gone?

 

omo... that mean on trailer Xuan ji in deed dunno that si Feng is demon is actually happen in the 10th life..

 

i think got the whole story now...


I’m pretty sure Xuan Ji actually said “why are the feathers gone” in that scene and the feathers are referring to the tattoo that Si Feng has because of the love curse. Afterwards Si Feng says “because the love curse has lifted” 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dramalove said:


I’m pretty sure Xuan Ji actually said “why are the feathers gone” in that scene and the feathers are referring to the tattoo that Si Feng has because of the love curse. Afterwards Si Feng says “because the love curse has lifted” 

Oh... My Chinese not so good... 

thanks... yea... lovers curse has been broken..

 

actually ep 18 she manage to grew the lotus ... but HC replace... arghh he so bad... make my sifeng sad...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..