[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

I can't get over this drama...really suffering from post drama depression. Even listening to the OST makes me sad. I'm in a constant state of wanting to relive the story = rewatching clips vs rewatching clips = even more sadness.

Me tooo I'm the same.. i keep re watching the earlier part. Shy sifeng is sooooo cute. Love him so much. I wish there were more scenes of them together..im listening to the ost too.. i hope more people watch this show. Its really the best!!

• Like 3

Almost a week since love and redemption ended. Still having "post drama syndrome". watching short clips of L&R and listening to OST on daily basis. ;)

Dropping mseg here..just to say hi...how yall doing so far? 

Btw, L&R still strong at no 1 for 6th week. congratulation. no doubt!!:thumbsup:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Minnieee33 said:

im waiting for the mini concert on Sep 20. Youku said something about hitting 1 hundred million likes and give us fans a bonus of 11th life LOL 

Oh woww... congrats :wow1:

11th life? :joy: so they get reincarnated again?

I can't wait to see the concert... the casts can sing really well.. :wub: i miss them alreadyyyy....:highonflowers:

The ost has been playing non stop on my playlist :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Lyn Hizole, yes God of War is also Star of Mosha.

Like many of us, I can't wait until their concert too!l I hope they also invited Yisa Yu, Ayunga, and Zhou Shen to sing Lover's Curse and Love Like Colored Glass. Those are my two favorite songs for this drama!

On another note, sigh, I've been wanting to wait until this whole arc (XF pretending that he's Star of Mosha and XJ being manipulated by the sects and urgh worst of all, being manipulated by HC) ends before posting something, but I couldn't wait any longer haha! Apologies for my long post in advance :D 

This arc isn't excruciatingly horrible, but I'm not going to lie, I am a bit disappointed with how the screen writer told this part of the story/this arc to us as the viewers. I tried really hard to not be frustrated with XJ in this arc, but I was still somewhat frustrated, which is sad because I really like her character. It becomes a barrier to me as a viewer when I cannot empathize with the main characters (in this case, it was XJ). I don't think it's the character's fault per say, but I think it comes down to how the screen writer showed us this part of the arc. It made sense that XJ was swayed by her family and peers because she grew up with them and being filial is critical. Plus, everyone around her was also manipulating her and using her as a weapon to kill. It also made sense that the screen writer was trying to show the viewers that SF was the key to trigger or stop the inner demon within her. All of that was fine. However, I wished there would've been more scenes dedicated to help the viewers understand the impact SF has on XJ (and really, more scenes to help us empathize with XJ). For example, each time SF "lied to her" (or when there was a misunderstanding), there could've been a scene where her pillar was slowly breaking, and then they could've showed a scene where XJ's eyes were turning blue to symbolize how her "inner demon/uncontrollable hatred" was coming out.

Lastly, it would've been nice if they hid the fact that SF was not Star of Mosha. Hiding this secret may have provided a bigger impact and twist later on in the story when it's revealed. I think this would have helped the viewers be able to emphasize more with XJ's character (because like XJ, we may then believe that SF is truly evil and has always lied), and thus will help prevent the viewers from being frustrated with XJ.

Anyhow, I'm excited for the upcoming episodes where things are going to get real intense with XJ remembering everything and our introduction to Luo Huo Ji Du! And congrats to Love and Redemption for being #1!!!! Well deserved :heart:

:sparklyeyes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ayang23 said:

@Lyn Hizole, yes God of War is also Star of Mosha.

Like many of us, I can't wait until their concert too!l I hope they also invited Yisa Yu, Ayunga, and Zhou Shen to sing Lover's Curse and Love Like Colored Glass. Those are my two favorite songs for this drama!

On another note, sigh, I've been wanting to wait until this whole arc (XF pretending that he's Star of Mosha and XJ being manipulated by the sects and urgh worst of all, being manipulated by HC) ends before posting something, but I couldn't wait any longer haha! Apologies for my long post in advance :D 

This arc isn't excruciatingly horrible, but I'm not going to lie, I am a bit disappointed with how the screen writer told this part of the story/this arc to us as the viewers. I tried really hard to not be frustrated with XJ in this arc, but I was still somewhat frustrated, which is sad because I really like her character. It becomes a barrier to me as a viewer when I cannot emphasize with the main characters (in this case, it was XJ). I don't think it's the character's fault per say, but I think it comes down to how the screen writer showed us this part of the arc. It made sense that XJ was swayed by her family and peers because she grew up with them and being filial is critical. Plus, everyone around her was also manipulating her and using her as a weapon to kill. It also made sense that the screen writer was trying to show the viewers that SF was the key to trigger or stop the inner demon within her. All of that was fine. However, I wished there would've been more scenes dedicated to help the viewers understand the impact SF has on XJ (and really, more scenes to help us emphasize with XJ). For example, each time SF "lied to her" (or when there was a misunderstanding), there could've been a scene where her pillar was slowly breaking, and then they could've showed a scene where XJ's eyes were turning blue to symbolize how her "inner demon/uncontrollable hatred" was coming out.

Lastly, it would've been nice if they hid the fact that SF was not Star of Mosha. Hiding this secret may have provided a bigger impact and twist later on in the story when it's revealed. I think this would have helped the viewers be able to emphasize more with XJ's character (because like XJ, we may then believe that SF is truly evil and has always lied), and thus will help prevent the viewers from being frustrated with XJ.

Anyhow, I'm excited for the upcoming episodes where things are going to get real intense with XJ remembering everything and our introduction to Luo Huo Ji Du! And congrats to Love and Redemption for being #1!!!! Well deserved :heart:

I totally agree with your suggestions! That would have made the drama even better than what it currently is 100%. I feel like viewers were always certain that SF is not evil and so it's hard for us to empathize with XJ and not dislike how little trust she had in SF. With that being said, I definitely still love her and their love story. What frustrated me about the drama is the fact that LL and MY didn't trust SF despite what he has previously done for them - that was really heartbreaking.

Also...were WT and LL ever intimate with each other? Were SF and XJ prior to their marriage? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

I totally agree with your suggestions! That would have made the drama even better than what it currently is 100%. I feel like viewers were always certain that SF is not evil and so it's hard for us to empathize with XJ and not dislike how little trust she had in SF. With that being said, I definitely still love her and their love story. What frustrated me about the drama is the fact that LL and MY didn't trust SF despite what he has previously done for them - that was really heartbreaking.

Also...were WT and LL ever intimate with each other? Were SF and XJ prior to their marriage? 

YES! I AGREE! I was also frustrated with Minyan and Linglong too, but more so with Minyan bc he has gone through various life and death situations with SF! Plus, Minyan learned how the fox lady, although she's a demon, wasn't evil. So that should've already taught him that not all demons are evil. Urgh oh well lol. Maybe he's like that bc of how the sects are/how he was raised.

I think WT and LL were only intimate (hugged/held each other) when she was still merged with the flower demon girl, but there weren't too many scenes dedicated to show that. As for SF and XJ, I'm not sure. If you mean intimate as in spending the night together, I think I heard in the book/story yes, but I heard that in the drama they didn't make it clear. We'll just have to find out when we watch the subbed episodes!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Spoiler

LL never intimate with WT. Her body was saved by SF.

WT did intimate with the demon flower and when WT kill her.. i think the Demon Flower try to say their baby.. but WT killed her..

SF and XJ. too bad ep 52 look like did not because SF think he will die soon and he did not want to ruin XJ future.. but in other cut scene.. they have different dialog where XJ want to tie SF so he cant run.. i think that cut scene they did intimate.. but they change the scene from intimate become not..

so you choose your own plot.. hahaha :D

have you reach ep 59?

18 hours ago, Lyn Hizole said:

Is God of War also the Star of Mosha? I am really dying in curiosity 

Spoiler

Yes, Mosha Xin is Luo Hou Ji Du..

Bailin create god of war from Luo Hou Ji Du..

Which ep are you now?

Wedding kiss bts with eng sub
https://youtu.be/ykMl7hVv8B8

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Hide contents

LL never intimate with WT. Her body was saved by SF.

WT did intimate with the demon flower and when WT kill her.. i think the Demon Flower try to say their baby.. but WT killed her..

have you reach ep 59?

Spoiler

Woa... i thought WT not get intimite with the flower demon THAT far... no wonder LL's reaction is like that, because i think she shared consciousness with the flower demon.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 12:04 AM, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

How do HC and TS not recognize SF as XX earlier on? His appearance hasn't changed at all LOL 

Even TS cant recognize XJ as god of war.

Ep 32,  TS said because they are mortal so their body dont have god aura that why they cant recognize..

2 minutes ago, eclipse02 said:
  Hide contents

Woa... i thought WT not get intimite with the flower demon THAT far... no wonder LL's reaction is like that, because i think she shared consciousness with the flower demon.

Yes.. LL share mind with Flower Demon.. so her mind got abuse... not the body.. hahaha :D

On 9/11/2020 at 8:02 AM, JoyceDreamer said:
  Hide contents

What did the white emperor said to Si Feng up in heaven when Si Feng visited him. He showed Si Feng something and I have no idea what he was saying... and what is Si Feng's identity... I know it was mentioned as the son of heaven but is it? 

Spoiler

Bai lin ask.. why he can enter his place cos only those have heaven aura can enter in.. so he use his magic to check SF past.. and reveil that SF was actually Xi Xuan.. son of heaven emperor and Demon bird daughter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Love and Redemption review from Dramapanda!!! Loved the author of the article's signature phrase/move for each character :joy: SF's was spitting put blood and XJ's was saying, "Sifeng, Sifeng, Sifeeeng!!!!" So on point haha

https://dramapanda.com/2020/09/love-and-redemption-drama-review-the-cast-characters-and-ten-lifetimes-between-sifeng-and-xuanji.html

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Phew, just watched episode 45-48 and thank goodness I decided to wait to binge watch these episodes!

Spoiler

In case folks have not watched the episodes yet, I'll put this in spoiler. It was really heart breaking to see the whole scene where manipulative HC framed SF by of course stabbing himself (Urgh!). I knew HC was going to do that from spoilers I've seen, but it was still annoying to see it when the stabbing actually happen lol. Then the saddest part was when XJ misunderstand and stabs SF while saying all those horrible dialougues such as "I regret knowing/meeting you."

I was relieved when she finally remembered everything. Poor XJ, the ultimate character who has been used over and over/treated as an object by some characters.

Can someone explain to me...

Spoiler

Why didn't the lover's curse trigger after XJ stabs SF (in the scene where she says she regrets meeting him after she misunderstands that he killed HC)?

How come XJ went into the water when Wutong went into (this is where she remembers everything)....not sure what that place was but I think he officially dies?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Phew, just watched episode 45-48 and thank goodness I decided to wait to binge watch these episodes!

Hide contents

In case folks have not watched the episodes yet, I'll put this in spoiler. It was really heart breaking to see the whole scene where manipulative HC framed SF by of course stabbing himself (Urgh!). I knew HC was going to do that from spoilers I've seen, but it was still annoying to see it when the stabbing actually happen lol. Then the saddest part was when XJ misunderstand and stabs SF while saying all those horrible dialougues such as "I regret knowing/meeting you."

I was relieved when she finally remembered everything. Poor XJ, the ultimate character who has been used over and over/treated as an object by some characters.

Can someone explain to me...

Hide contents

Why didn't the lover's curse trigger after XJ stabs SF (in the scene where she says she regrets meeting him after she misunderstands that he killed HC)?

How come XJ went into the water when Wutong went into (this is where she remembers everything)....not sure what that place was but I think he officially dies?

Spoiler

About the love curse, i need to rewatched it again with the english sub first..

About that place is because mount Bouzhou is where the heaven criminals were prison (Wu Zhi Qi before) this where Wutong fell into. And also the place for reincarnation, the place has pond that is where Xuanji fell into. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1