[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

18 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

My biggest question is who is Hao Cheng? Is he just an immortal official in heaven that protects the heavens? Cause he somewhat acts like the heavenly emperor. 

Hao Cheng is the no. 2 in heaven, and yes, he's obsessed with protecting the heavens. Everything he does, all his motivations come from trying to protect the heavens.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

According to the spoilers I read online regarding Si Feng's dad:

Reveal hidden contents

Si Feng's bio dad is his master, that's why the netizens nickname him as little princess, since his dad is the eldest princess of their sect. It's a pun that the netizens play around with, especially since everyone's saying that Si Feng's following the road of the traditional female protagonist. 

But his master is only his bio dad in this life. His bio dad back when he was in heaven is the son of the emperor of heaven. So his dad was above in status and power to Hao Cheng's back when he was in heaven. Si Feng was the bird that Xuan Ji would confide to back when she was in heaven, and he was the only one to protect her when everyone else wanted her dead. He willingly went down to the mortal world with her for ten lives to help dissolve her hatred and bloodlust, it was a huge bet because he'd lose everything if it didn't pan out. I see netizens calling this drama an example against gambling since our male lead loses nine times out of ten lol. There are some really fun memes to come out of this, plus He Sheng Ming, the actor that plays Si Feng's master/dad has been a hoot, interacting with the other fans, and acknowledged by the show's fans as the top ace of the promotion, since youku and the production company have been pretty useless so far.

Very interesting... 

Spoiler

If he is a son of the emperor of heaven... does this title gives him any advantages lol? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Very interesting... 

Hide contents

If he is a son of the emperor of heaven... does this title gives him any advantages lol? 

There are different opinions on this, from what I see on douban.

Spoiler

So far, no, there's no advantages. Some people are saying that there could be other sons as well, so he's not special. But everyone agrees that the emperor of heaven has a very que sera sera attitude, even when heaven was in war, he wasn't that worried. It was Hao Cheng that came to organize the battles and take care of things. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

There are different opinions on this, from what I see on douban.

Hide contents

So far, no, there's no advantages. Some people are saying that there could be other sons as well, so he's not special. But everyone agrees that the emperor of heaven has a very que sera sera attitude, even when heaven was in war, he wasn't that worried. It was Hao Cheng that came to organize the battles and take care of things. 

The reason why I asked in the first place was because... Ten Miles of Peach Blossom, Ashes and Love, and the Pillow Book gave me this kind of stereotype that there would be at least some kind of respect. 

40 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

The reason why I asked in the first place was because... Ten Miles of Peach Blossom, Ashes and Love, and the Pillow Book gave me this kind of stereotype that there would be at least some kind of respect. 

Nope, there doesn't seem to be any respect. Even some viewers were confused, because Hao Cheng treats him with zero deference and worse. Plus, a lot of people in heaven don't seem to know about him or his identity, so there are guesses that he has a lot of siblings and isn't that special lol. But I do know that his identity in heaven is changed from the novel, so maybe there's some special reason for the change that will be shown later on in the drama. 

• Like 2

Someone just share spoiler..

Look at min 4:53 xuan ji body.. look like happen in the heaven

Spoiler

Just found out that in the novel, XJ's real identity is Mo Sha Xing, who is the most powerful Asura of the universe. She was good friends with the white emperor (Hao Chen's real identity), even had a crush on him. But a war erupted between the heavenly realm and the demonic realm, so the white emperor used XJ as a weapon to win the war. He poisoned her, cut off her head and other parts of her body and digged out her heart. Parts of her body were used to create heavenly weapons, and he replaced her heart with glass. He split her soul into two and made her the God of War using part of her soul. So XJ is actually both God of War and Mo Sha Xing. Honestly the most cruel and ruthless 2nd male lead I've ever seen. Not sure if the drama will change anything or retain all of it from the book.

Oh..  my poor Si Feng..... hisk hisk... need to suffer ... because xuan ji heart unable to love... no wonder there is part on trailers said "ni mei you xin" aka "you don't have heart"..

My heartache...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Just pondering... do you guys think Si Feng is the star of mosha... or will it follow the book that it's our FL in the end? 

I think the star of mocha is xuan ji...

14 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

Just pondering... do you guys think Si Feng is the star of mosha... or will it follow the book that it's our FL in the end? 

I think the star of mocha is xuan ji...

• Like 1

in the beginning sifeng said that he make a bet that Xuan ji will put his heart in her... ooo..

in the min 2:14 u can see Xuan ji body a lot of stitches...

I think Xuan ji is the mo Sha xin  before becoming god of war...

I think it follow the novel..

But strange... why si Feng and Xuan ji wearing wedding cloth. Are they married in heaven? But very sadly that her heart is not there..

• Like 4

on min 2:18

hao Chen asked si Feng what is his intention to Xuan ji..

si Feng said Xuan ji is human (Ren) but you (Hao Chen) not allow her to have heart to feel..

is my translation correct?

does this mean si Feng know that Xuan ji has no heart? 

• Like 2

Just saw ep 8^^! Oh boy what is SF gonna do to lift the lover's mask curse???!

Love to see XJ all powerful and mighty now^^. I love a strong, female lead :).

Question, XJ's voice actor sounds like Reba's voice actor? Is it her?

Also who voice SF's and HC's voices? Is not Yehua's voice actor, is it? One of them sounds similar.

So at this point, we know that XJ was born without her senses.

What are the sense she have now, and what are the missing senses she needs to find?

OMG that kiss and 

Spoiler

love making part :wub:

I feel like Chinese drama is low-key on kissing scenes/intimate scenes; so sometimes we only see the OTP do a peck or smooching kissing, but this kiss/intimate scene takes me back to TTPB :heart:.

Since XJ is unable to have feelings/a heart, then SF has to work hard to make her realize his feelings for her :).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Just saw ep 8^^! Oh boy what is SF gonna do to lift the lover's mask curse???!

Love to see XJ all powerful and mighty now^^. I love a strong, female lead :).

Question, XJ's voice actor sounds like Reba's voice actor? Is it her?

Also who voice SF's and HC's voices? Is not Yehua's voice actor, is it? One of them sounds similar.

So at this point, we know that XJ was born without her senses.

What are the sense she have now, and what are the missing senses she needs to find?

OMG that kiss and 

Hide contents

love making part :wub:

I feel like Chinese drama is low-key on kissing scenes/intimate scenes; so sometimes we only see the OTP do a peck or smooching kissing, but this kiss/intimate scene takes me back to TTPB :heart:.

Since XJ is unable to have feelings/a heart, then SF has to work hard to make her realize his feelings for her :).

I think voice are original actress actor voices.

XJ in beginning no heart.. 

the current lifetime #10 she only gain tasting sense.. that why she likes food... u also can see ep 6 during practice... Hao Chen teach her using food... remind me like Kung fu panda scene... lol.... some agree.. hahaha..

yeah... my poor baby SF need to work hard 10 times... if the last life time SF unable to gain her... I worried his soul and Xuan ji soul will disappear forever....

Ep 13 she will gain sense of smell...

So far 2 senses... up to ep 17.

• Like 3

I was listening to the ost, "Love Like Colored Glass." I'm curious to hear what everyone's thoughts are on this: What does love like colored glass mean for this story/drama? That phrase seems like it would be important/holds significant meaning to the story (or perhaps at least the ML's love for the FL since the lyrics seem to imply that) and "Love Like Colored Glass" is one of the main ost. Also, Zhou Shen (singer for this song) did an amazing job at singing this song!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Anyone know what is “Luo Huo ji du”?

https://productiveprocrastination.site/2020/08/08/eng-love-and-redemption-ep-1/

English sub up to ep 8

Preview for ep 18 to 21.

Xuan ji already start rebel ... yea...

Lou Hou Ji Du was the general of Shura Clan before he was divided to Lou Hou and Ji Du (God of War) in the book.

• Like 1