[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

I'm the type of person who gets really attached to characters and starts shipping the actors irl. I am a pretty hardcore CY and YBY shipper, so I understand why fans were upset. Trust me, I'm very emotionally attached atm and having a tough time moving on. I have a OneNote page full of episode descriptions lol Despite that, I remain firm in my belief that at the end of the day, dramas are dramas and real life is real life. Their love story and acting in the drama were amazing - I really felt all the emotions they portrayed and simply put, it was a beautiful and memorable ride. But that doesn't mean CP fans should expect them to end up together or have any sweet interactions IRL. Ik ik I sound like a hypocrite because like I said before, I also ship CY and YBY and ngl I was disappointed with the 920 event too. I'm having a very hard time letting go of the drama, but I think the event is also helping me move on which is a great thing tbh. Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is I'll continue to support both actors regardless of what happened at the concert. Actors are actors. They act, and they move onto the next project. If the actors end up actually falling in love...awesome! I'll be very happy haha but if they don't (which usually they don't) then that's just life for you. What happened at the event solidifies the fact that actors have their own pressures and as fans, we will never know what really went on and what problems they might have behind the scenes. If it was the company who asked them to ignore each other..oh well. If it was CY who wanted to for whatever reason

..oh well. Yeah I'm devastated and my heart was shattered, but all fans can do is provide our support and hope that they continue achieving success in their respective careers. Love and Redemption and its characters will always take up a special place in my heart 100%. I love YBY and CY. I love SF and XJ. But that's the distinction! They're separate entities. It sucks saying this and mt heart hurts a little lol but even if YBY and CY don't end up together IRL, I am happy that XJ and SF will live on forever. At this point, my only hope is that the next time they interact whether it's in private or in public, their attitudes with each other will be different (in a positive way) from 920. But even if they never contact each other again...then that's that. A job is a job after all as sad as that sounds. Hearts will be broken, but oh well. I admit it's hard to detach ourselves sometimes, but in my opinion, the purpose of watching dramas in the first place is to de-stress and escape our own troubles in life. If we're gonna get so heartbroken and angry over a drama, then what's the point? We're causing unnecessary hurt not only to ourselves by arguing and being upset, but we are also placing a lot of stress on the very actors we claim to admire and support. Just my two cents!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It was mentioned that it came from the agency to limit the lovey-dovey interaction due to the first conference back in August. Isn’t Crystal in the same agency as ChengYi? Aren’t they all pretty much in the same agency?! I don’t understand how people were saying that Crystal was outcast during the concert because she’s not one of the same agency?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A1mm3 said:

It was mentioned that it came from the agency to limit the lovey-dovey interaction due to the first conference back in August. Isn’t Crystal in the same agency as ChengYi? Aren’t they all pretty much in the same agency?! I don’t understand how people were saying that Crystal was outcast during the concert because she’s not one of the same agency?

Spoiler

Hmmm...

dun watch the 920 event.. in summary yes, she was really outcast during the event.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poipoipo said:

Yea forget about the conference. Anyway cheng yi has a new drama promise of chang an!! R u guys watching it??

I am planning of watching it after i finish watching Love and Redemption with english subtitle. And in between i might also want to watch his previous drama, The Lost Tomb 2, to balance the angsts in The Promise of Chang'an :sweatingbullets: at least the number of the episodes is not that many.. compare to Noble of Aspiration..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

I was going to watch The Promise of Chang'an but it seems very serious and depressing - I don't think I'm ready for that. What does everyone mean by the story is a repeat though? Is CY's version a remake? What was the original one?

I think it's an adaptation of the drama of Xiaozhuang Mishi, but maybe they might not follow the story exactly, the drama is only aired first-3rd part of total all eps. We don't know the development of the story later on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jane Hallmayer said:

No....the story line for Promise of Chang'An is terrible and a repeat! This is what I'm saying, he needs to think more with his newfound fame and actually pick some good stories...instead of working his butt off and being abused by this agency. 

I love your straightforward.....

:) You got my like... 

40 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

I was going to watch The Promise of Chang'an but it seems very serious and depressing - I don't think I'm ready for that. What does everyone mean by the story is a repeat though? Is CY's version a remake? What was the original one?

Better watch when u are ready.. anyway there are a lot great series releases...

It is the remake, dear...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

No....the story line for Promise of Chang'An is terrible and a repeat! This is what I'm saying, he needs to think more with his newfound fame and actually pick some good stories...instead of working his butt off and being abused by this agency. 

Promise of Chang’An was filmed before Love and Redemption. 

• Like 4

Crystal Yuan is being so much more thoughtful about how to navigate all of this, at least her PR team. She says she is appreciative of the opportunity that her character gave her in life, she is grateful and going to be selecting future parts she is passionate about, she's being appropriate with her fans/audiences....She's not hiding after what happened. She's communicating with her fans. She's rocking it! I hope she gets some endorsements too!

Edited by Jane Hallmayer
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, A1mm3 said:

Promise of Chang’An was filmed before Love and Redemption. 

really?? interesting

Crystal Yuan is being so much more thoughtful about how to navigate all of this, at least her PR team. She says she is appreciative of the opportunity that her character gave her in life, she is grateful and going to be selecting future parts she is passionate about, she's being appropriate with her fans/audiences....She's not hiding after what happened. She's communicating with her fans. She's rocking it! I hope she gets some endorsements too!

I wish there were eng subs... :(

11 hours ago, Jane Hallmayer said:

yea.. she answer it nicely..

agree with you.. ^_^

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:28 AM, pad-hari said:

Here someone posted a yt cut with TS and XJ from 920 event.  The guy is so sweet.  Luv him so much

Cr:as tagged

Spoiler

They went same University... 

I hope he won’t got scolded by ... someone whoever who monitor the event is... hahahahaha

• Like 4

On 9/24/2020 at 4:40 PM, A1mm3 said:

From what I understand, Crystal’s contract with Huanrui is for film and television only. Her other engagements are managed by a different agent. Rumours are that there is a power struggle among different factions within Huanrui amid its mounting financial problems and this results in its stable of artistes having to take sides. I also read that Crystal bypassed Huanrui when she accepted another drama role and it was cancelled in the end when Huanrui protested.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi...started watching this series...I am confused with that lover mask...

He didn’t get the three marks on arm till he saw her again 4 years later? And his first major action was when he misunderstand Xuanji wanted marry her 6th brother.

yet near end story how did it disappear..?...that kiss scene when she found him after 1.5 years...?

i love  the scene in cave when she removed his mask and he was in believe and the part where he was drunk...

overall love the story yet found last 10 chapters vert draggy...and too much exaggeration about h8m getting hurt sotting blood like countless times still don’t die...

yet others like the snake spirit and fox spirit die with one pounce...

I’m still stuck on this drama. Can’t move on from it. Am I really a 45 year old woman fangirling over a 30 year old dude from China?? :D Also...

Spoiler

How come the lover’s curse didn’t lift when XJ confessed to SF on the doc under the bridge after they came out of the mirror? 

And if the lize palace were all men 

Spoiler

How did the red gold bird reproduce?