[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

I'm only about 35 episodes in. I started watching this because my brain needed to be distracted from school work. The drama did it's job too well and so I binge watched like 30 episodes this weekend.

Liu Xue Yi is a hottie. If the story actually made HC/BL obviously in love with FL, with his looks and charisma, there woulda been a lotta ship jumpers lol. 35 episodes in, and i'm not convinced it's romantic love he feels. It's more like a coach who's sabotaging his star athlete's love life because the relationship isn't worth giving up a bright career lmaooo.  

This show did an excellent job casting all the male characters. By that I mean, they all look good. Really enjoying all the healthy friendships on the show too. yeah OTP is really cute, but all the additional relationships make the story really rich. Glad the 10th life for GoW is so wholesome compared to all the dog blood drama in the other lives. like wth, dang. talk about setting a girl up for failure!  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@crackaddict :lol: For now it kinda like that..but later on, it will get worst.. i have been rewatching the episodes again with the english subtitle... for now i only get to eps.43.. i kinda get the sense the way HC/BL treated Xuanji is like she is his creation, sort of Frankenstein style.. only he can control her..

5 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

I need help! Does anyone know where I can find Lover's Curse instrumental version? I love the entire OST but this is my favourite song and the instrumental is just so beautiful. I found the other instrumentals, but not this one :'(

Try this link.. it has many instrumental OST of the drama

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2020/09/cdramas-ost-love-in-between-the-romance-of-tiger-and-rose-and-the-winner-is-love-love-and-redemption-in-a-class-of-her-own-the-lost-tomb-reboot.html

https://www.mirrored.to/files/YS5VHRAR/L0v3_and_R3d3mption_O_T.zip_links

• Like 3

Regarding the live concert, I honestly have not watched that. But from the clips I have seen and people comment here and there, both Cheng Yi and Yuan Bing Yuan actually ignoring each other. In a way, this was an agreement beforehand. So no disrespecting happened here. If you want to place the blame, then blame the crazy fans that forced them to act like this in public. I honestly think it is unfair that Cheng Yi is the only one get the heat from all of this. Just because Yuan Bing Yuang is a woman thus perhaps looks more pitiful, the man is no less of victim than her in this situation. Moreover, I believe this all just a farce, public showing. They should be okay in reality.

I heard that this distance was ordered from their company. Anyway, it is illogical to even think that Cheng Yi let popularity goes into his head and acted like that out of arrogant. No one that stupid to act like Cheng Yi did if there was no certain order from the higher up. Especially when his career was in rising state. And his behavior was too much different from his usual behavior in BTS or in his previous interview this years. If you are truly his fans then perhaps you should be more concerned whether he was really okay deep inside. Yes, he might be overdid the "distance act" a bit. But I think this mainly cause by his unfamiliarity on how to deal with the media and crazy fans.

Their fans were fighting online before this. And, as I see it, this stage purpose was to dispel the illusion of CP fans. The CP fans of L&R has started to ship them in real life and with Cheng Yi other drama ongoing, this fans attitude was not favorable. Fans needs to understand that the character and the actor are two different identity. Who to say that these fans not already bullying the lead actress from The Promise of Chang An.

At this current situation, we better stay put and let those fan war in China died down instead of starting another war.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, eclipse02 said:

@crackaddict :lol: For now it kinda like that..but later on, it will get worst.. i have been rewatching the episodes again with the english subtitle... for now i only get to eps.43.. i kinda get the sense the way HC/BL treated Xuanji is like she is his creation, sort of Frankenstein style.. only he can control her..

Try this link.. it has many instrumental OST of the drama

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2020/09/cdramas-ost-love-in-between-the-romance-of-tiger-and-rose-and-the-winner-is-love-love-and-redemption-in-a-class-of-her-own-the-lost-tomb-reboot.html

https://www.mirrored.to/files/YS5VHRAR/L0v3_and_R3d3mption_O_T.zip_links

Thank you!! Unfortunately, these websites don't have the song either :( sigh I wonder why it's not in any of my usual websites

1. I hope in a country with so many regulations & power struggles, fans can speak up and help promote some change, for Cheng Yi and Crystal Yuan, as well as other actors, in situations like this.. for more fundamental rights as actors. Agencies should not have this much power over their actors to tell them how to act...not in a post performance show and not in life. I actually think fans have the power to do that, to promote more change. So keep posting your feelings, not just on here, but in all media content related to this show, to bring awareness, dialogue/discussion, and CHANGE!

2. Cheng Yi, you are 30 years old in an industry that is brutal, you will be asked to navigate a bunch of stuff like this within the restrictions of your culture. He could have distanced himself but not chosen to be outright arrogant, rude, and hurtful about it to his co-lead through his actions. His lack of personality and interpretation is what is so disappointing. He completely ignored Crystal answering a question, was talking to someone else on stage, and then bluffed when it was then directed towards him about his thoughts. Crystal poured her heart out in saying goodbye to the show, and how much it transformed her as an artist, crying. Next, all he said was "yeah, there's more to come, it's just the beginning. Now everybody be careful getting home tonight, it's late." When asked about the on screen couple, he didn't even acknowledge the question, but just said Si Feng was this and that. Then he says Si Feng is gone but Cheng Yi is here....all in self promotion, likely following orders from his agency.  It dishonors the character Si Feng, and what this character has done to transform him as an actor, a person, and his life. If he can't see that he got handed hands down one of the best Chinese drama storylines in the last 5 years, and can't discuss the work in a heartfelt way regardless of what rules were put on him (don't look at her, don't do this or that)....that's truly on him...no matter how much promoting you are gonna do, the Promise of Chang'an ain't gonna fly bro. lol. because the storyline speaks for itself. 

Cheng Yi, you can think deeper, be braver...grow a heart and have some courage like Si Feng!

Make a well thought out public statement from your heart, whether there needs to be an apology or not is up to you, but something from your heart about what the work meant to you.

ALSO, be more thoughtful about the future work you sign up for and how to act as a person/role model for your fans. Sometimes less is more.... You work super hard everyday, but you need to take a step back and think harder about your choices & their implications. Signing up for more shows with the same crew may not be the best way to go.....

Edited by Jane Hallmayer
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Thank you!! Unfortunately, these websites don't have the song either :( sigh I wonder why it's not in any of my usual websites

Looks like the instrumental version is only available for licensing. The company that appears to own the rights put up a clip with intermittent noise and a robotic voice over message advertising their contact number for interested parties.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Looks like the instrumental version is only available for licensing. The company that appears to own the rights put up a clip with intermittent noise and a robotic voice over message advertising their contact number for interested parties.

oh :(  that's really disappointing...why does it have to be that song out of all the other ones :( I've never had difficulty getting the instrumental versions in my other dramas so far sigh

On 9/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, ayang23 said:

Phew, just watched episode 45-48 and thank goodness I decided to wait to binge watch these episodes!

Hide contents

In case folks have not watched the episodes yet, I'll put this in spoiler. It was really heart breaking to see the whole scene where manipulative HC framed SF by of course stabbing himself (Urgh!). I knew HC was going to do that from spoilers I've seen, but it was still annoying to see it when the stabbing actually happen lol. Then the saddest part was when XJ misunderstand and stabs SF while saying all those horrible dialougues such as "I regret knowing/meeting you."

I was relieved when she finally remembered everything. Poor XJ, the ultimate character who has been used over and over/treated as an object by some characters.

Can someone explain to me...

Hide contents

Why didn't the lover's curse trigger after XJ stabs SF (in the scene where she says she regrets meeting him after she misunderstands that he killed HC)?

How come XJ went into the water when Wutong went into (this is where she remembers everything)....not sure what that place was but I think he officially dies?

Ok about the lover curse, because before, i'm watching it raw so i didn't notice. 

Spoiler

So the 2nd attack is when XJ with all the elders attacked SF 's shifu/father but SF blocked it. 

Make me wonder, when XJ stab SF in the Shaoyang barrier cave (after HC died), why the curse didn't seem triggered? Is it really a plot hole? Or is it because by then, SF was not triggered by love anymore, because he feel hurt, angry and apathetic? Or maybe it did happen for the 3rd time, but because SF manage to suppressed it, so the poison didn't reach his heart? :sweatingbullets: 

I tried to find clue when XJ kisses SF feather's poison in his heart to see how many poison feathers does he have .. but i didn't get a clear view about it.. because the angle of the shoot that they took to shoot the scene. And the glow effect of the dissappearance of the feathers also too blurry.

I also confused about something too, after the battle in front of Lize Palace, Xiao Yinhua attack XJ. So it made SF wanna to break the blood bind with her, to free her from the master & pet bind. But she stopped him, by defying his order, she then give her blood to him. Is it to safe him? Or something else? Because i remember when SF get really hurt by Rouyu sword, then SF got worst because of the conflict of energy from XJ's flower bead. XYH said SF need to have mortal blood to heal him. But XYH is demon, although she does have mortal body. :huh:

Edited by eclipse02
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, eclipse02 said:

Ok about the lover curse, because before, i'm watching it raw so i didn't notice. 

Reveal hidden contents

So the 2nd attack is when XJ with all the elders attacked SF 's shifu/father but SF blocked it. 

Make me wonder, when XJ stab SF in the Shaoyang barrier cave (after HC died), why the curse didn't seem triggered? Is it really a plot hole? Or is it because by then, SF was not triggered by love anymore, because he feel hurt, angry and apathetic? Or maybe it did happen for the 3rd time, but because SF manage to suppressed it, so the poison didn't reach his heart? :sweatingbullets: 

I tried to find clue when XJ kisses SF feather's poison in his heart to see how many poison feathers does he have .. but i didn't get a clear view about it.. because the angle of the shoot that they took to shoot the scene. And the glow effect of the dissappearance of the feathers also too blurry.

I also confused about something too, after the battle in front of Lize Palace, Xiao Yinhua attack XJ. So it made SF wanna to break the blood bind with her, to free her from the master & pet bind. But she stopped him, by defying his order, she then give her blood to him. Is it to safe him? Or something else? Because i remember when SF get really hurt by Rouyu sword, then SF got worst because of the conflict of energy from XJ's flower bead. XYH said SF need to have mortal blood to heal him. But XYH is demon, although she does have mortal body. :huh:

Spoiler

Those are my questions too!!!! I was confused bc SF's lover curse should've triggered right after XJ stabbed him, especially since she said all of those hurtful things to him like, "I regret meeting you." SF was clearly heartbroken. It would have made some sense if SF already had Juntian Chehai in his body, and that powerful weapon stopped the lover's curse from triggering, but then this stabbing scene happened before SF had it. Sigh. So unless they cut something out, that part is definitely a plot hole sadly.

I haven't watched ep 50-52 with eng subs yet, and so we'll see about the kiss/mini bed scene where she asks about the feathers.

I also didn't really get that part too where Yinghua gave her blood to SF. When I saw that scene I thought she broke the spirtual animal/blood bond between them both, but then later we see her and she says their bond isn't broken.

:idk:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ayang23 said:
  Hide contents

Those are my questions too!!!! I was confused bc SF's lover curse should've triggered right after XJ stabbed him, especially since she said all of those hurtful things to him like, "I regret meeting you." SF was clearly heartbroken. It would may some sense if SF already had Juntian Chehai in his body, and that powerful weapon stopped the lover's curse from triggering, but then this stabbing scene happened before SF had it. Sigh. So unless they cut something out, that part is definitely a plot hole sadly.

I also didn't really get that part too where Yinghua gave her blood to SF. When I saw that scene I thought she broke the spirtual animal/blood bond between them both, but then later we see her and she says their bond isn't broken.

:idk:

So we also wonder about the same thing too.. i guess it will remain as a mystery then :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

what i don't understand is why do fans of Love and Redemption expect Cheng Yi and Yuan Bingyan to act lovey dovey in real life? we all know this is only a drama and that these actors/actresses have their own separate lives outside of dramas. why do we imposed the same love as in the dramas onto them? and when Cheng Yi doesn't act lovey dovey and not close to Yuan Bingyan, then he loses fans? Are these really even his real fans to begin with? Can we please distinguish drama life from real life? i thought that was a very uncalled move.

people talk about how bad Cheng Yi has treated Yuan Bingyan. do people actually know if Yuan Bingyan wants to be approached like how his fans wanted him to????? i honestly don't see the way he is distant from her is any way, shape, or form bad at all. i don't expect Cheng Yi and Yuan Bingyan to be Sifeng and XJ because I know they're not. i know we all love SF and XJ, but please let's not expect CY and YB to be like SF and XJ because they're not. let's just praise the actor/actress for portraying such wonderful roles that we all love. it isn't really that complicated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The interaction was very cold. They didn’t even acknowledge each other or even cordial to each other. It was very odd and clearly showed tension. I think they shouldn’t have to be lovey dovey but there should be some semblance of professionalism. He didn’t even listen when she was talking. It was very rude. 

I think there were some tension with CY and the crew. In the interview they did together, he didn’t answer the question about how they collaborated. 

I haven’t finished the drama. Waiting on the eng sub but is LHJD’s soul just possessing XJ’s body? Are they really 2 different soul/spirit or the same? It’s really confusing. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ma911 S911 said:

The interaction was very cold. They didn’t even acknowledge each other or even cordial to each other. It was very odd and clearly showed tension. I think they shouldn’t have to be lovey dovey but there should be some semblance of professionalism. He didn’t even listen when she was talking. It was very rude. 

I think there were some tension with CY and the crew. In the interview they did together, he didn’t answer the question about how they collaborated. 

I haven’t finished the drama. Waiting on the eng sub but is LHJD’s soul just possessing XJ’s body? Are they really 2 different soul/spirit or the same? It’s really confusing. 

i don't know what is expected of asian actors/actresses, especially chinese because i don't ever pay attention to that kind of stuffs. i just watch the dramas and praise the actors/actresses for their amazing wonderful portraying of roles. i don't take it beyond that. i think these people have amazing talents. anything outside of the drama world, i could care less as long as they continue to deliver amazing dramas. but i know asian fans can be crazy to the point where they could bring down an actor/actress career. i just never understood why and i will never will. and i don't think i will ever want to. Cheng Yi seems a bit more introvert and since he's still new to popularity, i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say perhaps he's not quite familiar to his fame yet. i wouldn't judge him entirely just based on this incident. 

i'm saddened to see that his some of his fans have became anti-fans. it really makes me feel sad for these actors and actresses because of the amount of pressure and stress from their so-called fans. anyways, Cheng Yi, i love you and will continue to support you and your dramas, despite you being "cold" towards Yuan Bingyan. i could care less. i rather he kept his distant and said very little than him being overly affectionate and cross the boundary and be called a pervert or sexual harrassment. it's like damn if you do and damn if you don't. you can never please these fans. Peace!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, maryly09 said:

i don't know what is expected of asian actors/actresses, especially chinese because i don't ever pay attention to that kind of stuffs. i just watch the dramas and praise the actors/actresses for their amazing wonderful portraying of roles. i don't take it beyond that. i think these people have amazing talents. anything outside of the drama world, i could care less as long as they continue to deliver amazing dramas. but i know asian fans can be crazy to the point where they could bring down an actor/actress career. i just never understood why and i will never will. and i don't think i will ever want to. Cheng Yi seems a bit more introvert and since he's still new to popularity, i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say perhaps he's not quite familiar to his fame yet. i wouldn't judge him entirely just based on this incident. 

i'm saddened to see that his some of his fans have became anti-fans. it really makes me feel sad for these actors and actresses because of the amount of pressure and stress from their so-called fans. anyways, Cheng Yi, i love you and will continue to support you and your dramas, despite you being "cold" towards Yuan Bingyan. i could care less. i rather he kept his distant and said very little than him being overly affectionate and cross the boundary and be called a pervert or sexual harrassment. it's like damn if you do and damn if you don't. you can never please these fans. Peace!

Yes i also agree with you. Yes he did seem taking distancing with Yuan Bing Yan in the event. But that make me think there is something wrong with him that night, because his behavior seem odd, out of character, and he seem a bit distracted/not focus. But i don't find his answer is rude to her. Or he intentionally being rude at all. 

And from all the interviews he done with her and the behind the scenes, i find his interaction with her is on professional level, he treat her as his close collegue and kind of like a brother, who like to teased her and also protect her from harm. I don't see any indication that he treat her more than that (in term of love). If people believe that they also in love in real life, that mean their acting is that good, that convincing.

So i don't take this incident as a cause to erase all my good impression of him. How can people judge him just based on this one event? So please don't just jump to conclusion, and please see from a bigger view/perspective. And please don't be so mean to him anymore...:tears:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know much about Chinese cinema either, don't usually think too much about this type of stuff about fans. However, I think in this experience, I learned actually a lot more about Chinese actors on a deeper level, like what they go through, their lack of basic rights. Also the power of agencies and like ownership of their actors - How invasive is it for agencies to regulate their actors to that degree? I also learned about concept of a CP, and reflects on what love/couples mean in Chinese culture....and why there may be such a strong urge to fight for CPs or tear up CPs, etc etc. What does that tell us about Chinese people and their own desires about love, restrictions, how they feel about censorship? 

I think that's just as important as enjoying a piece of Chinese cinema. I respect everybody's own opinions and interpretations of the post fan show, their own reactions. I think it's never a bad thing for people to express their feelings, protest peacefully, or stir up dialogue. It gets us all to think a little deeper about the issues. That's also one of the points of artistic work, movies, art, all of it. Also, it pushes people to want to know the truth about things, to find out what happened.

I think it would alarm me more if the post show performance went down and NOBODY said anything. Like oh, nothing to talk about or discuss here, just business as usual. Wouldn't that be more disturbing? lol. 

Edited by Jane Hallmayer
  • Like 1

Wah dunno here also hot.. hahaha..

hmm... if you asked me.. just watch the Aug event when they promote this series... they were happy...

Then avoid watch 920 closing event.. if you watch.. it will haunt u..it was a big mess, a night mare and disasters.... avoid better... I am so stupid to watch the 2hour stupid unnecessary show of 920 closing event. Please don’t follow me.. don’t don’t watch the 920 event.. not 911 event ah.. 920 event "Liu Li closing". Avoid it at any reason !!!

If you want a nightmare that haunt you then you can watch 920 event with your own risk. Cos after I watch, I wake up in a snap  with my mouth wide open and splash my own hand to my own head and said “wakkkks?... “, then I sighed “It's all just a nightmare..” Well, get it over. Time to take shower, eat breakfast and time for work..

Well, Time to move on.. Liu Li is over... Series watch finished. Everything done and over.. There are a lot upcoming great series with great CP waiting for us to adore..

SF and XJ are characters that will always be remember in our heart..

CY is CY.. we understand. Don’t confuse. We got the message or I got the message... hahaha..

It was a great experience with SF and XJ that bring our emotion up and down like roller coaster for a month.

No harm feeling. It is open discussion. I am a person who also adore with SF and XJ character so much... Hahaha.. Well, Time to move on... yea....

Have a great wonderful day...

• Like 2