[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Omg is this the 11th life?!?!?! I need more haha!!

omg this is so beautiful :'( I was just starting to get over the heartbreak, but the songs and these clips are bringing back a whole lot of emotions LOL

Although I love this modern 11th life, in my mind, I envision XJ and SF back in the Heavenly Realm living out the rest of their long lives.

What do the 4 characters say at the end of the video????

I was reading through the comments and people also noticed that Bingyan and Chengyi didn't interact so much...that makes me so devastated. :(:( what's going on?? The fact they're being so distant and aloof with each other reminds me of how Deng Lun and Yang Zi also did the same after the success of Ashes and I'm just really confused as to why. DL and YZ are apparently still very close friends, but they just don't publicly show it. I hope it's the same for CY and BY

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I just finished watching the full concert, it was a cute event but sadly zero interactions between the main couple. CY got a lot of backlash, his Weibo fans dropped of 30 thousands :unsure:

I am sure he was told from his company to avoid interactions with BY since he has another drama airing but he was really stiff and deviated every question about SF and XJ, he avoids eye contact with BY, does not comfort her when she cries in the end, he comes off as not a gentleman, I am angry at his company because probably they put so much pressure on him and he ended up being too careful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Yeahh...i saw that too...zero interaction at all. Seems very very distant. I understand if the company asked to avoid aby interactions during public event but this is L&R concert, of coz fans would like to see at least little bit of interactions since they're the LEAD of this drama. Again, i think they're just be careful this time since the backlash they get last time. :unsure:

• Sad 3

Yes it break my heart seeing the after math of the mini concert done for Cheng Yi... i hope he can survive this and continue on for his journey in the industry...:bawling:

To lift up our moods, the english subtitle done by productiveprocrastination already reach to eps.52 :wub::heart2beat:

And so sweet of her to also subtitling for the cut scene of the kiss... :Megathanks:

And in eps.51, she also subtitling BTS of Haochen struggling to climb the mountain :loolz:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, poipoipo said:

Is the response still bad ?? Damn I wish i can read chinese..

Yes, the response is really bad.  CY's blog dropped 70 thousand fans. Most of the fans criticized CY as not a gentleman. He appeared too hard-hearted and avoided any contact with yby. When being asked about his attitude towards the lead CP in the drama, he answered only his attitude towards SF.

• Sad 3

Is his agency saying anything ?? I really don't understand what was he trying to achieve ? Its a fan meet! Its not like he's at court or something and has to be honest about if he likes yby. Even u can just fake being friendly loke platonic not like enemies on stage ?. I am so dissapointed tbh. Like I was looking forward to all his moves and dramas and now its just left me very disappointed and so betrayed. 

• Like 1

Hmm regards to the concert speculations, we don't know what's going on with CY. Why he didn't interacts with the FL, we don't know?? Maybe his company asked him not to, maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable being friendly in public, afraid of more gossips?? Anyway, since we don't know then let's not add more rumors into it. Let's just enjoy the drama, and the characters :). 

Saw that adorable cut scene where FL and ML got with each other on the 

Spoiler

bed :).

It's cute. XJ really loves her SF :)!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What the.hell is happening???? Wow!!!! CY -is he becoming arrogant after one successful project.  He is losing respect from the fans for the way be has treated YBY.  Inspite of this they have announced S2.  I doubt the same pair will be retained with this ruckus.

Fans Unhappy with How Cheng Yi Avoided Yuan Bingyan at Concert, Love and Redemption Season 2 Announced

SEPTEMBER 21, 2020ANNE J

cheng yi crystal yuan bingyan

Just like how The Untamed held a concert after the series ended, this summer’s hit fantasy romance Love and Redemption also held a concert that streamed live on Sept. 20 via Youku to give fans a proper farewell. It was almost a full attendance with Cheng Yi, Crystal Yuan Bingyan, Liu Xueyi, Bai Shu, Hou Mengyao, Mickey He Shengming, Han Chengyu, Fu Fangjun, Yao Yichen, Yang Xizi and Li Xinze as well as Director Yin Tao reunited once more. 

love and redemption concert

Sifeng and Xuanji No More?

However, fans were turned off by the little to no interaction between Cheng Yi and Crystal Yuan Bingyan who play the main couple, Sifeng and Xuanji. It feels like they were separated for most of the night on purpose and during instances when they had to stand next to each together, it’s like they had to keep each other at arm’s length. It’s assumed that such a directive may have come from the production company H&R Century Pictures to avoid excessive shipping from ‘CP (couple pairing) fans.’

However, viewers thought it was too extreme. While it’s understood that the actors are not like their characters, many were dismayed and wanted their money back because the concert that was supposed to be a sweet tribute shattered the memory of Sifeng and Xuanji in their hearts.

cheng yi avoiding yuan bingyan

Cheng Yi who rose to fame because of the drama drew the most flak for looking like he was purposely avoiding Yuan Bingyan without giving her a single glance. People felt bad for her and said that it’s not fair for her to be isolated just because she is not under the management of H&R Century Pictures like most of the cast. Cheng Yi and Yuan Bingyan filmed a short-clip in the modern day to reflect the 11th lifetime between Sifeng and Xuanji which was shown at the end.

Fans were dismayed with Cheng Yi for his inaction even as Yuan Bingyan teared up. On the other hand, actor Bai Shu who played Xuan Jie’s diehard supporter and spiritual animal Teng She in the drama warmed hearts when he acknowledged Yuan Bingyan and said, “Xuanji, don’t cry.” According to reports, Cheng Yi lost 60,000 Weibo fans overnight from 12.34 million to 12.28 million.

Spoiler

love and redemption farewell concert

Love and Redemption Season 2

On a much lighter note, the Love and Redemption producer announced that season 2 is happening when he said in his closing speech, “Thank you for liking Love and Redemption this summer and making it better. Let’s meet again in Love and Redemption 2.”

I don’t want to pin the blame on anyone but just from a viewer’s standpoint, it is a bit sad to see the awkwardness between Cheng Yi and Yuan Bingyan when I’ve seen enough behind the scenes videos to know that the two can get along pretty well. Yuan Bingyan had previously gotten backlash for kissing Cheng Yi at their presscon when their sweet interactions went a bit overboard in the eyes of some netizens. Seems like the opposite has happened this time. Whoever handles PR needs to do better.

Cr: https://dramapanda.com/2020/09/fans-unhappy-with-how-cheng-yi-avoided-yuan-bingyan-at-concert-love-and-redemption-season-2-announced.html

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3

I can’t imagine L&R 2 happening at this point, otherwise the company would not let CY be so cold at the concert? To be honest I am not even interested in a sequel because the drama was beautiful and I enjoyed the ending very much, I was hoping for a new collaboration between the leads because their chemistry was really good, but after CY’s behavior I don’t know what to think. It’s difficult to rise to fame so rapidly, every step you take is seen and judged by the audience, I still hope he was nice to BY offscreen.

• Like 4

I think the PR person is to be blamed. Like he is a rising star and is soo popular and you go and sabotage him by asking him to deliberately not talk to yby. Its like who had this bright idea. We should make cheng yi appear like a jerk to all his new swooning fans. We love cheng yi because we associate him as sifeng who loved xuanji. And now someone made him look like he's a heartless jerk! What a great way to make him August or September boyfriend. OH and this was a LAR event!! Its not an event for a new show???? Im so mad. I can understand the anger on weibo. Im just directing my anger to whoever it is who told him that he has to distance himself from yby. Because that's the most illogical thing imo to do esp when the drama is so popular and esp when u r so popular because you r playing the part of the perfect  boyfriend or husband or man of every girls dreams. And yea this image is shattered literally overnight. 

• Like 4

I just saw the above article and was so unhappy about CY, the way he has treated BY.  I don't like when the male disrespects female, that too in a.public event.  So I read the discussion posts on MDL, so many theories from members.  It seems CY was not natural at all and was gloomy.  I am not going to watch this show after so many backlash. So, it seems his agency must have instructed him to behave like that.  What kind of bu**sh** agency is that?  This has made him loose face and has earned more anti-fans now.  The chemistry between these two in the drama, the BTS and the press conference, my monitor was on fire.  So, I try to understand CY.  But he should also have loosened a.little and.didnt show obvious attitude like that.  It seems.the actor who played TS was so.supportive of YBY.  So happy for him.  Hope he gets good roles.in the future and gain lot of fans.

It seems.CY's agency CEO has posted some nonsense in his social media account about this incident.

So I will support the whole cast and.follow them in the.future too. JAIYOU!!!!!

• Like 4

Can chengyi do some sort of explanation bout his attitude yesterday? :phew::sweatingbullets:

Btw, Love and Redemption still going strong at No 3 this week.

10 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I just saw the above article and was so unhappy about CY, the way he has treated BY.  I don't like when the male disrespects female, that too in a.public event.  So I read the discussion posts on MDL, so many theories from members.  It seems CY was not natural at all and was gloomy.  I am not going to watch this show after so many backlash. So, it seems his agency must have instructed him to behave like that.  What kind of bu**sh** agency is that?  This has made him loose face and has earned more anti-fans now.  The chemistry between these two in the drama, the BTS and the press conference, my monitor was on fire.  So, I try to understand CY.  But he should also have loosened a.little and.didnt show obvious attitude like that.  It seems.the actor who played TS was so.supportive of YBY.  So happy for him.  Hope he gets good roles.in the future and gain lot of fans.

It seems.CY's agency CEO has posted some nonsense in his social media account about this incident.

So I will support the whole cast and.follow them in the.future too. JAIYOU!!!!!

really?? what is it?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nur_Yana said:

Can chengyi do some sort of explanation bout his attitude yesterday? :phew::sweatingbullets:

really?? what is it?

I think this is Google translated coz some.parts do not make sense. 

""What’s even more embarrassing: Huanrui Century’s CEO Zhong Kai posted on Weibo: "The "Liu Li" is over. You can follow Huanrui’s accountability for breach of contract by a company and its artists. Honesty and compliance are the foundation, but you No." Is Cheng Yi going to sue Yuan Bingyan? You can't get together well, and you don't have to go to court, right?"

i hope the agency issue some statement to save CY.  He is really an upcoming good artist who can act.  He lost so many fans on the Weibo and the comments posted are also very harsh.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, eclipse02 said:

@Nur_Yana I don't think he can.. poor Cheng Yi.. :bawling:

and today he also has to go shooting.. i hope he's okay, now it's the martial art part of Meng Xin Chang'an.. i hope he stay focus and take care of himself.. i hope his family and friends can help him to get through this..

Let's hope for the best. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1