[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

Looks like kukan drama channel on youtube will be uploading this drama, they usually have eng subs to go with it as well. 

This drama was supposed to be uploaded by mango tv as well, but youku, the one that owns the drama, just terminated their airing rights the day before. Hope this doesn't affect kukan drama to upload this with subs.

• Like 2

This drama till now is doing good.

But I don't like the fact they made Xuanji character somehow similar a bit to Jinmi in Ashes of Love :sweatingbullets: (though she's cute!)

She isn't talk so much in the novel, that's why people called her "the liuli glass beauty".

• Like 1

Good news Love and Redemption debuted at #1 online drama viewing according to Vlinkage.

20 hours ago, Rivajuu said:

This drama till now is doing good.

But I don't like the fact they made Xuanji character somehow similar a bit to Jinmi in Ashes of Love :sweatingbullets: (though she's cute!)

She isn't talk so much in the novel, that's why people called her "the liuli glass beauty".

does the novel has English translation.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

I'm at ep4 and the show is quite good , it's rather early in the story and they show the female lead character's hidden power.

I am in the middle of ep 3...the ML does look like li hongyi...:D

Just saw ep 1 because of the reviews. So far, I like it!!! It gives me TTOPB vibe, but I'm not complaining. I love the cherry blossoms animation :). The ML is handsome, never watch the actor in anything before, so he is growing on me already. I already see the chemistry between the FL and ML :). So far, it doesn't explained why they both have to be reborn???? Haven't read the novel either, but I wish I did!!! I love reading novel and see the comparison. Anyways, hope to see more discussions from you guys^_^.

• Like 2

Just saw a bit of EP3 and I am so loving the chemistry between XuanJi and SiFeng^^!!! They're so cute!!! Lol that funny scene when she landed inside his bath; getting ML all shy and red :D!!! I love the characters, even the sister siblings are so nice to watch. I'm not reading spoils, so I will keep going^^. SiFeng actor is very handsome, I love his style---reminds me of old school kungfu. The girls' hairstyle is nice too. Hao Chen seems mysterious, but he's cute too^^.

• Like 2

lol love EP 3 when LingLong and XuanJi cheered on Sifeng, like they are fangirling him :)!!! I like how SiFeng is slowly becoming more open and showing his softer side; not Mr/ Cold face all that time :). Cheng Yi actor has a really nice smile :)!!!!! 

• Like 2

I am so happy to have found this forum because I need to rant about my love for this drama hahahhaa I can read chinese subtitles so I’ve watched up until episode 17 now. I understand not everyone here has watched that much so I will definitely not spoil anything unless you want me to lol I’ve also read the book and to be honest there’s been some changes that makes it hard for me to see how closely they will follow it until the end. But anyway love this drama and would love to talk to you all about it as it proceeds!! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dramalove said:

I am so happy to have found this forum because I need to rant about my love for this drama hahahhaa I can read chinese subtitles so I’ve watched up until episode 17 now. I understand not everyone here has watched that much so I will definitely not spoil anything unless you want me to lol I’ve also read the book and to be honest there’s been some changes that makes it hard for me to see how closely they will follow it until the end. But anyway love this drama and would love to talk to you all about it as it proceeds!! 

I don't mind you spoiling :) just make sure to use the spoiler brackets. 

Since you read the book, can you explain something for me... Thank you in advance! 

Spoiler

Why is there 10 lifetimes? Is the current story line right now the 10th lifetime? Why does the male lead suffer so much lol?

Anyone, please feel free to write down your opinions...because I love reading everyone's opinions on dramas! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoyceDreamer said:

I don't mind you spoiling :) just make sure to use the spoiler brackets. 

Since you read the book, can you explain something for me... Thank you in advance! 

Reveal hidden contents

Why is there 10 lifetimes? Is the current story line right now the 10th lifetime? Why does the male lead suffer so much lol?

Anyone, please feel free to write down your opinions...because I love reading everyone's opinions on dramas! 

Please don't open this if you don't want to be spoiled!! But to answer JoyceDreamer's question....

Spoiler

Yes this is their tenth lifetime together, and they have previously went through 9 lifetimes together. Basically they are being punished by the heavens so they have to go through all of these lifetimes where the female lead is destined to kill the male lead. To be honest the book feels way less sad than the way it is being portrayed in the show so I'm confused about the direction they're taking with the show haha

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Just saw a bit of EP3 and I am so loving the chemistry between XuanJi and SiFeng^^!!! They're so cute!!! Lol that funny scene when she landed inside his bath; getting ML all shy and red :D!!! I love the characters, even the sister siblings are so nice to watch. I'm not reading spoils, so I will keep going^^. SiFeng actor is very handsome, I love his style---reminds me of old school kungfu. The girls' hairstyle is nice too. Hao Chen seems mysterious, but he's cute too^^.

agree... i also like the chemistry between Xuan Ji and Si Feng.

Lovelable couple

the male lead is the one who play "Noble Aspiration" together with Li Xi Feng.

1 hour ago, dramalove said:

Please don't open this if you don't want to be spoiled!! But to answer JoyceDreamer's question....

Hide contents

Yes this is their tenth lifetime together, and they have previously went through 9 lifetimes together. Basically they are being punished by the heavens so they have to go through all of these lifetimes where the female lead is destined to kill the male lead. To be honest the book feels way less sad than the way it is being portrayed in the show so I'm confused about the direction they're taking with the show haha

I love spoiler..

I dont mind with the spoiler as i cannot read the chinese novel and my chinese is very limited.

i watch the raw quite suffer..

Wow... so many lifetime.. no wonder the original eps is like 80 but they reduce to 59..

i dont mind to watch 80 eps.. love it love it love... thumb up for this series.

there is a part on ep 16 where SiFeng Tatto appear. what is the Tattoo means?

Hopefully the last lifetime it is happy ending.

8 hours ago, dramalove said:

may i know whether the book has happy ending?

from the ending theme look like they have happy ending.. i can see SiFeng married Xuan Ji and bring her to the sky.... and make me curious.. is who betray who first?

it is look Si Feng betray Xuan Ji first when they are immortal..

and that is why Xuan Ji keep hurting Si Feng in the mortal

and Xuan Ji can not remember Si Feng.

I notice that the Merman and Hao Chen (Xuan Ji teacher) know Xuan Ji identity that she was the God Of War.

https://mydramalist.com/photos/4jzeJ_3

so sad... 13,14,16 aug no new episode for this series...

they on air from Mon to Wed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramalove said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Why are they being punished by the heavens? Who is that senior brother that helped the FL in the mortal world to cultivate? As for the ML, is he really the star of mosha? Why does he have to suffer? Because he loves her? 

21 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

I dont mind with the spoiler as i cannot read the chinese novel and my chinese is very limited.

Lol, same here! Therefore anyone who understand chinese, please explain for us! Thank you in advance! :)

• Like 1