[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

Hi everyone, it’s been so long since I have been so passionate for a drama that I even lost my super old Soompi account and made a new one just to jump in this forum and follow the thread!

The ML is really handsome and a good actor, the FL is not a breathtaking beauty but I find her naturally cute and their chemistry is amazing! And also the lovely supporting characters, the intricate plot, the high quality special effects, it is really everything I would ask in a drama :love:

I was wondering what is the schedule of this drama, is it two episodes everyday except for Sunday? But I don’t see any new episodes released today :bawling:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Xuan Ji does love Si Feng though, it's just that her six senses are blocked that nobody believes her and she is half-oblivious of the fact. She's a bit cold right now because she doesn't know how to feel, but I read a comment on douban that suits her situation: just because she doesn't feel pain doesn't mean that she doesn't get injured. There's gonna be more sweet moments once they gather more pieces of the mirrors and her senses get recovered, although yes, also plenty of angst. 

Well ik she'll gain the 6 senses back which is why I think I'm just scared she falls out of love with him LOL she doesn't right?....cause that would really defeat the purpose of a romance drama imo

I'm on ep 14 and it's interesting how Xuanji doesn't have mercy...she's similar and yet so different from Jinmi in Ashes of Love. Interesting...I guess she's merciless because of SF

oh my heart...her blue eyes went away as soon as she saw SF. oh my heart

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Well ik she'll gain the 6 senses back which is why I think I'm just scared she falls out of love with him LOL she doesn't right?....cause that would really defeat the purpose of a romance drama imo

I'm on ep 14 and it's interesting how Xuanji doesn't have mercy...she's similar and yet so different from Jinmi in Ashes of Love. Interesting...I guess she's merciless because of SF

oh my heart...her blue eyes went away as soon as she saw SF. oh my heart

Nah, she won't fall out of love with him. Yes, there will be circumstances beyond their control that hinders them being with each other, but no, their feelings for each other won't change. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Could I ask what is Luo Hou Ji Du? Is it the same as Star of Mosha or Demon Maleficent Star? Mo Sha Xing? I'm quite confused. 

Luo Hou Ji Du is a Demon God Of War the most powerful one.. even heavenly cant defeat him.

He was HC best friend. When war between heaven and demon break, HC trick Luo Hou Ji Du by poison him.

HC split into 2. He made God Of war and then seal the heart (I believe is the MSX) into the lamp that hidden in Shao Yang Lake guarded by Torch Dragon (ep 1, you briefly will see there pink light by end of the series).

That is why HC can control the God Of War cos she has no heart to feel. or maybe HC also practice the unFeeling mantra in heavenly..

So the XJ = God Of War + MSX => Luo Hou Ji Du.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Omg major spoilers for the second half/latter end of this drama probably just came out.

:sparklyeyes:

Looks like our leads will be going through some intense trials!!! I'm excited to see how the story will unfold (though I feel bad for Sifeng)! I vaguely understood some parts, but if anyone understands Chinese and is willing to let us know what was said in the video, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

(Don't watch the mv if you don't want spoilers)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Nah, she won't fall out of love with him. Yes, there will be circumstances beyond their control that hinders them being with each other, but no, their feelings for each other won't change. 

that makes me feel so relieved...I'm re-watching the main theme's MV and the ending of it breaks my heart :'( they're fighting each other and oh my god why am I so attached to a drama LOL

I'm really hoping they're fighting for a good reason. :(:(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XxchinesedramacrazexX said:

Also can someone pls tell me whether the show has a happy or sad ending? I'm gonna have to stop watching if it's a sad one...like I really cannot bear getting post drama depression bc of a sad drama :'( it makes it even harder to move on

I have read that it has a happy ending with a sweet wedding but I’m trying to avoid the spoilers as much as possible. I think you can keep watching, don’t worry :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just watched EP 12!!! Lesson 101 from SiFeng, us women do not talk to strange men lol.

SF looks so handsome in the red wedding gown, ChengYi is so handsome in red :).

I'm glad the misunderstanding is clear up. Although I hope LL has some character development, because her playing hard to get kind of tired me out; but she is such a sweet sister.

And yay XJ gained her smell sense^^!!!!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

EP 15 was so cute because of XJ and SF's romance :)!!!

Yay she took off the mask, but there's more to it!!!

Anyways, the romance has sail!!!!!:kiss_wink:

Prepare yourself! another heartbreaking scenes in next ep.

I was crying at ep 18......I really hate hao chen even more!!!! *sorry*

• Like 2

some gifs for this week episodes or i suppose for tonite's?????

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

3VrnCVp.gif

bDtjMY9.gif

m77PZIB.gif

Spoiler

UuV9SEL.gif

sNn05GO.gif

hrfzRvQ.gif

cr:weibo

edit:

Anybody wanna join????

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2020/08/drifters-of-the-night-a-podcast-for-dreamers-s01ep4-is-this-worth-the-electricity-bills-love-and-redemption.html#more-25546

Our beloved PP subber joins the discussion above.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh my heart, Sifeng loves Xuanji so much that it hurts, it hurts me to see him kept torturing himself over and over again just to hear her say those 3 words to him but they r not meant to be..yet.  Haochen is only doing his job as the white emperor, Xuanji as the Goddess of War should not have a heart or be in love.  But i hope Sifeng and Xuanji will go against all odds and defeat this ' they r not destined to be together' mumbo jumbo and be a true couple in the end..please let it be a happy ending. 

Btw, love all the fight scenes.

• Like 7