[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

larus

6 hours ago, joonminfan said:

I believe Peter was helping her win. Every time he discards a tile, Seora is able to make a combination of tiles that helped her win in the end.

That's true. It's just a side piece but I can't help but think of that epic mahjong game in Crazy Rich Asian.

3 hours ago, memory magnet said:

Finally caught up with this drama after a busy last few weeks. It's definitely enjoyable and I love our leads. I hope the ratings rise or it gets more attention (through iqiyi) because it deserves a bit more hype, for an overall decent storyline and solid acting. I can understand, though, why it might not be getting so much attention—some may want stronger, more thriller-type spy elements, while some may want more of the romance/love triangle. The drama kinda falls squarely in the middle, which is great for me as it becomes a really easy to watch drama, but maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally, I don't really mind who Ah Reum ends up with, though if I had to pick, I feel that her relationship with Ji Hoon was more natural. Still, like what others have said, I feel that she and Derek do love each other, just that the lies and fake niceness will eventually unravel them. Ever since I read the premise, I kept wondering how they'd actually break them up—I keep thinking how it would be such a weird, rushed thing to have her go back to Ji Hoon, unless there's some kind of significant time skip (personally not a fan of those, but let's see).

I hope Derek is not the killer, seems like a cop-out way to get them to divorce. I also think that he's more of a red herring or distraction right now, like it'd be too easy if he was directly involved in the murder. Based on the premonition as well, the two husbands are bound to get into a fight with blood shed, but I doubt either will get killed—bit too dark considering what this drama has shown us so far.

We'd be reaching the halfway point next week, so based on the preview too, things will be ramping up! I'm excited to see Ah Reum discover more about Derek. And can she and Ji Hoon work together instead of doing things independently, I love Yoo In Na playing a badass FL, but they're both keeping stuff from the Interpol team and you just know it's going to bite them back later on at the worst possible moment.

I agree with you on this one.  It's not a typical rom-com or all espionage so it might not be for everyone who only likes certain genre. This is probably why I'm not invested so much in the ships and who Areum ends up with or none at all.  Not because there is no chemistry but the direction of the plot so far.

All the lies are probably enough to break a marriage. They don't need to force Derek to be a killer if it doesn't make sense. I hope he isn't the killer but it is possible that he might be indirectly involved from how things are going. I am puzzled he didn't show any sadness or shock hearing about Sophie's death but he looked pissed when he came out of the bathroom in the early episode.  She was his GF at one time. 

I'm also curious why Jihoon replaced Derek with a bunch of balloons from the dashcam footage that showed he was near Sophie's murder site. There was a time laps of Derek seen arriving in Jeju but he didn't come to Areum right away until he came to pick her up at the police station. This explains it, though we don't know why he was there for....  I can understand why Jihoon doesn't want to tell Areum about Dereck seen at the park in case she could not hold it and confront Derek but why he didn't let Dir. Ban and the team know... What makes him keep that from the team?  Anyone has any theory? :)

I heard there might be no broadcast this Wednesday because of baseball playoff again.  The canceling of episodes certainly disrupts the flow and momentum... *sighs*

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mintandpeach said:

okay since we all suspect chief. Imagine how sad it would be for jihoon to be betrayed by him. The chief was the only one who comforted him during his wedding, during the moment he came back from that bomb attack, everytime it was the cheif with jihoon. how much heartbroken will he be to find out that the chief was the mole. 

- It was not their wedding anniversary it was just a photoshoot for ah reum's work purpose where she basically threw icing at derek's face to bring out his true colours. if that's what you're reffering to. hmm i also find it strange that he doesn't know about it, but the first time he met ah reum he saw her in white so probably that's why this car is white.  The car jihoon uncovered, i don't think it was an evidence it was a gift for ah reum, derek and tinker talked about it in the first week i guess.

- That DDK group family is so suspicious mannnnn!! apparently the wheel chair lady can walk. like whatttttt! i was shocked. They really have a major role in all this scam. AGREED with you @Phi , tinker was also talking to someone on the computer in ep 7, they didn't show us the face but it can be the old man as you pointed out.

- ahh that man will hurt jihoon so bad, that's all i can see. i feel bad for jihoon. But anyways, no matter what jihoon will solve this mission at any cost, from what i have seen ji hoon is a emotionally stable person when it comes to hard times. Although he carries his emotions on his face as the ceo said, but he still have a lot going on. A genious spy he is.

let's talk about ep-8 preview shall we?

we saw sophie in there too right?? what if (a very very very big IF) SOPHIE IS NOT DEAD AT ALL, so many plot twists i can think off, probably because i am a proffessional overthinker LOL. instead of selling the files to derek -an agent of helmes she might want to sell the files to the boss of helmes at a much costlier price, all this while she was trying to use her death in order to find the boss and reach out to him, since no one knows who the boss is, peter also worked for helmes, dereck also, strange she dated two guys from the same agency right ?? She sends hani - the new hacker we are gonna get, her real name is hani and she is a member of girl group exid, and will be working as a hacker here in this drama - to do the same, as we saw hani and dereck together as well.

Yeah. I don't think the car is evident. Derek had it covered because it's a surprised anniversary gift for her.  This was why I thought the cake scene was their wedding anniversary.  Thanks for clearing that up :) 

It's also possible Tinker is working behind Derek's back and taking direct order from that mysterious person who could be their boss or someone else completely. I do feel like he could the father of the DDK kids...

haha before EP8 preview, I had that big IF too just because she seems to be planning something, the way she packed her suitcase... why all swim wears... but I think she is dead because you can't do a funeral without a dead body and Areum as her best friend probably saw her at the mortuary? But who knows, writer might pull as Michael Scofield and have Sophie come back from the dead. :lol:

Still, I don't know what to make of Sophie in the preview... maybe a flashback? Did the Interpol team reach out to hacker Hani first or Derek?  He told her to give "it" to him first before giving "it" to the Interpol. But we saw her about to hand Jihoon something... which team is she really working for? :poledance:    She is so pretty!!!!!!!!!

@Phi my guess is maybe Ji Hoon didn't want the team to go after Derek right away, maybe he's trying to gather more concrete evidence first, to avoid Ah Reum getting "hurt" by finding out that Derek is (possibly) involved. (Although, you could argue that Ah Reum is still in danger because of Ji Hoon not sharing this info with her and with the team.)

Also, baseball game again? I love that sport but that's definitely frustrating for the viewers to get only an episode a week, like getting delayed once is enough. MBC did that too for another Wednesday-Thursday drama I was watching earlier this year, but thankfully it was only canceled once.

3 hours ago, memory magnet said:

@Phi my guess is maybe Ji Hoon didn't want the team to go after Derek right away, maybe he's trying to gather more concrete evidence first, to avoid Ah Reum getting "hurt" by finding out that Derek is (possibly) involved. (Although, you could argue that Ah Reum is still in danger because of Ji Hoon not sharing this info with her and with the team.)

Also, baseball game again? I love that sport but that's definitely frustrating for the viewers to get only an episode a week, like getting delayed once is enough. MBC did that too for another Wednesday-Thursday drama I was watching earlier this year, but thankfully it was only canceled once.

I went back and checked. Jihoon actually asked Areum to watch the dashcam footage if she can identify someone. And Areum in a voice over said "I think he knows something."  So he is sharing info with her even before his team. Maybe like you said, he wants 100% ID from Areum before telling the team.  I just hope she starts sharing what she found with Interpol team because it's getting dangerous as Tinker was telling the mystery man in a video call that he doesn't worry about Peter but more concerns about Derek's wife.

Yeah it's unfortunate if they cancel again for this Wednesday.  I'm sorta glad it goes back to odd-even episode each week cuz it affects the cliffhangers and all.  But it really sucks this will also affect the momentum and probably rating.

Hi, I've been following this drama and so far is really fun to watch so hillarious and getting more and more interesting in each episode so sad the rating is not that good..

Anyway here's my theory on this drama

- yes I think the  kang tae ryong is sort of double agent in here because the kind of close up him changing his expression while shooting, well in drama land they usually doing that on purpose, means he has a secret, right? :D. What's more intriguing is that the way he dressed, it seems like he always dressed like a Moslem guy though I think it never explicitly said that the chief is Moslem but I assume he was but then in one episode (I forget) he mention about the pork the restaurant is good which is don't make any sense to me  because Moslem doesn't eat pork so yeah I hope this is part of the clue of him being fake or else..

- I think derek is not the one killing sophie, they'll make like derek doing it but the real villain might be someone close to him. I suspect it's his mother if it's true then  it'll be a great plot twist haha

@RollyPenny  true, highly possible Chief Kang Tae-rong is not the mole for Helmes but he could also be double agent for CIA or another international organization. Though his sudden change of expression and pretending to be a bad shooter gives me a vibe he might be working for the bad guys... *fingers crossed* he's not.

On your theory of Derek's mother, it's possible to she is the mysterious person in the video chat with Tinker instead of an old guy... I'm putting DDK's chairman & Derek's mother to the potential big boss of Helmes.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:30 AM, Phi said:

@RollyPenny  true, highly possible Chief Kang Tae-rong is not the mole for Helmes but he could also be double agent for CIA or another international organization. Though his sudden change of expression and pretending to be a bad shooter gives me a vibe he might be working for the bad guys... *fingers crossed* he's not.

On your theory of Derek's mother, it's possible to she is the mysterious person in the video chat with Tinker instead of an old guy... I'm putting DDK's chairman & Derek's mother to the potential big boss of Helmes.

Yea but I think of it again and if it's true that Derek's mother is the big  boss then it would be so typical right, evil mother in law :lol:

Well whoever the real villain is, I like how they keep the balance between mystery and love story..excited for the next episode :heart:

The Spies Who Loved Me: Episode 6

by TeriYaki

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E0600695-copy.jpg

Our designer struggles with how much she really wants to know about her current husband because the truth could change their relationship forever. In spite of the fact that she’s acting as if everything is fine, it’s proving difficult to ignore her husband’s troubling associates and she reaches the same conclusion as her ex-husband — that she may be in serious danger.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E0600025-copy.jpg

A young girl holds a candle in front of a bathroom mirror at the stroke of midnight to see the face of her future husband. In voiceover, Ah-reum reveals that she saw two men as we see the girl run away. When she returned for a second look, the mirror was cracked and bloodied because one of her husbands had stabbed the other.

In the present, Ji-hoon stares at the camera in Ah-reum’s chandelier while Derek watches the live feed. When Ah-reum screams, Ji-hoon runs to her just as a rat scurries away. Ji-hoon questions Ah-reum about her current security camera setup and confirms that the only people who visit her office are Du-rae and Ms. Yoon.

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E0600112-copy.jpg

At Dongpoomloo, Doo-bong warns Peter that he’ll have to take the blame for Helmes’ failed mission. Annoyed by Peter’s unwavering loyalty to Helmes, Doo-bong plants the seed of suspicion when he concludes that with Sophie dead, everyone there is safe. As soon as Peter leaves, Doo-bong’s expression goes from amused to deadly serious.

Jin-min visits Gulliver Publishers and his excitement that Sophie’s stalker has been found is obvious. Tae-ryong reports, “The stalker is a Helmes agent and Doo-bong is trying to recruit him to his side,” which means that Doo-bong has valuable information about Helmes.

Worried about the collapse of the six-nation pact, Jin-min asks about Sophie’s fiancé. Ji-hoon only reports that he returned to pay his respects and says nothing about her U.N. connected ex-boyfriend. After the update, Jin-min approaches Ji-hoon to ask about Ah-reum and warns him to stay focused.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/the-spies-who-loved-me-episode-6/

New stills!!  I wonder if he's trying to get Peter to corporate with police for Sophie's case..

And it's the fountain pen fight scene that Inna said at the presscon that "you look so hot" :lol:

Well, he looks so cool and dapper already in these stills.  :hooray2:

Love the all black suit with the casually unbutton shirt. It's extra sexy :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Secret agent Jihoon vs corporate spy Peter

Why did Jihoon appear appear in front of Peter in police mode?

비밀경찰 전지훈 VS 산업스파이 피터

지훈이 경찰 모드로 피터 앞에 모습을 드러낸 이유는?

MBC 수목미니시리즈 <#나를사랑한스파이> 수목 밤 9시 20분 방송

EnERZT7UYAETnP_?format=jpg&name=orig

EnERZTiVgAErSU8?format=jpg&name=orig

EnERZTgVEAAA7C0?format=jpg&name=orig

Spoiler

EnERZTiUYAIEytV?format=jpg&name=orig

Source: MBC

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

Im Joo Hwan Is Startled By Yoo In Na’s Sudden Confrontation In “The Spies Who Loved Me”

70c632ea892c482a93b0638366cbc2c9.jpeg?s=

Nov 19, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s “The Spies Who Loved Me” revealed new stills of Im Joo Hwan and Yoo In Na ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice — and she unknowingly married an undercover spy both times.

Shinhwa’s Eric plays Kang Ah Reum’s ex-husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan plays her current husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Ah Reum resolved to dig up the secrets Derek Hyun was hiding after finding out that his younger brother Tinker (Lee Jong Won) had been the suspicious person who had ransacked Sophie’s (Yoon So Hee‘s) house. In addition, she also discovered the bugging device that Derek Hyun had placed in the Foreign Ministry. Viewers are curious to find out whether or not Kang Ah Reum will finally be able to take off his mask and figure out his true identity.

New stills show that she might be one step closer to her goal as she finds her husband looking through her desk at her wedding dress shop. Knowing that he has been caught red-handed, Derek Hyun looks nervous as he locks eyes with Kang Ah Reum, who folds her arms crossly. He then sits meekly at the table as she confronts him about the matter.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1438871wpp/im-joo-hwan-is-startled-by-yoo-in-nas-sudden-confrontation-in-the-spies-who-loved-me

Loving tonight's episode :elated:

It's worth the wait

- yess Eric is Soo hot in that black suit :love:

- Areum looks so calm yet fierce confronting derek but after derek is gone we can see that she actually terrified 

- that scene with derek tying areum's hair is soo sweet I loove it, love how just with a simple act can describe how much affection derek has for Areum

- interpol team chemistry is just amazing, they're hillarious too especially the boss, I always waiting what he would say next but how come they are not anticipating the hacker would betray them? Or they expecting it already hmm..

- that ending and derek is going to be jailed in the next episode??

woah couldnt wait for what's going to unfold next week,just hoping there'll be no baseball match 

Episode 8 was really good.

Ji Hoon and Ah Reum were both great in baiting their respective targets, but wow, that confrontation between Ah Reum and Derek was so well-executed and gripping. 

I find it interesting how Ah Reum found the USB flash drive in this episode already. I was expecting it to come much later, maybe episode 10, even episode 14, as like the "final piece of the puzzle." I thought it would be a bigger reveal, I mean doesn't it contain the information they're all looking for? Or will Ah Reum not check the contents? Would the second half of the drama revolve more around Ji Hoon protecting Ah Reum (and taking down Helmes)?

Is Derek going to betray Helmes for Ah Reum? The preview seems to suggest that Ah Reum is going to be more open to Ji Hoon as well.

EP.8 is a good episode.  I'm a bit surprise Areum unmasked Derek this quickly just half way in the series, same with the USB... Though I see the point of revealing the USB as potential driving point for other conflicts like now everyone is aware it's on the server but a removable device.  With the spy camera installed at her shop, Derek (+ his goon, Tinker) and Jihoon can see that she found the USB... In the preview for next week, Tinker is seen at the wedding shop, attacking Areum? The mysterious person in the video call with Tinker in previous episode, I think it's a woman cuz he/she is seen in EP9 preview again wearing a colorful scarf... the way her hand/fingers moving while petting the lizard seems to be a woman to me... if so, could it be Derek's mother?

For the first time from the beginning, Derek tying her hair touch me more than the other things he did... because like Jihoon's dishwashing, massaging, and cure packet moments.. the hair tying is more relatable than the all the sweet words.

I was hoping Derek could walk the talk after he's been telling us how he wanted to tell AR the truth and that but he denied it till the end after she told him everything she found.. He shrugged it off as if she's delu from watching too much movies lol... It was Areum who told him his real job, not the other way around.

I love Jihoon's noodle moment and letting Areum know that she's no pressure to tell him what she found if she doesn't trust her...  I wonder why it's a trust issue other than holding it back because Derek is husband. I understand her worry and/or curiosity on Derek that she hasn't disclosed to Jihoon/police yet. I hope she will tell them because like Jihoon' concern, holding it off could be complicit, aside from the growing danger as she's getting closer to the bad guys.

Jihoon and Areum are so much on the same wave length despite her rumbling on Jihoon XD  Like what inspired Jihoon's little opp to get Peter to corporate to find Sophie's killer and Areum's thinking when she came up with a trap on Derek.  I love the fight scene!

EnRKNu0VkAMv_cI?format=jpg&name=large

EnRKN-6VQAEGRgP?format=jpg&name=large

EnRKOMiVgAgNvct?format=jpg&name=large

22 hours ago, memory magnet said:

Episode 8 was really good.

Is Derek going to betray Helmes for Ah Reum? The preview seems to suggest that Ah Reum is going to be more open to Ji Hoon as well.

I really hope for all the talks, he will betray Helmes, and not so late that it endangers Areum's safety. I think she'll probably tell Jihoon what she knows and she seems pissed that she wants to also catch the big boss.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, RollyPenny said:

- interpol team chemistry is just amazing, they're hillarious too especially the boss, I always waiting what he would say next but how come they are not anticipating the hacker would betray them? Or they expecting it already hmm..

- that ending and derek is going to be jailed in the next episode??

woah couldnt wait for what's going to unfold next week,just hoping there'll be no baseball match

I think they probably anticipate Helmes/Derek is also trying to extract data but didn't show us. But it would not surprise me if they didn't because writer has been making them fail often so the story can keep on going... :joy:

Looks like Derek is cuffed but I don't think he goes to jail yet..

No more baseball I think :lol:

Archived