[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

larus

The Spies Who Loved Me: Episode 13

by TeriYaki

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1300051-copy.jpg

In spite of the fact that our designer’s marriage has been tested by her husband’s many lies, she’s still determined to stay by his side if he can give up his life of espionage. Unfortunately, his connection to his team is even deeper than she ever imagined and she’s faced with a difficult decision. What she can count on is the help and support of her ex-husband but having him in her life is definitely causing problems.

EPISODE 13 RECAP

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1300033-copy.jpgTheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1300034-copy.jpg

As Ah-reum sobs through her apology for leaving Ji-hoon, he hugs her and insists that she did nothing wrong. When Ji-hoon looks up, Derek is staring at them.

Ji-hoon walks over to Derek, “You wouldn’t believe me whatever I say. So go ahead and punch me.” Seeing Ah-reum grab Ji-hoon’s wrist when she urges him to go, Derek shouts, “Whatever this is. I want it to stop.” When Ji-hoon tries to take responsibility for what happened, Derek punches him and then hisses at Ah-reum, “I told you not to lie to me.”

Derek threatens to call Jin-min to tell him where to find Ji-hoon. Ji-hoon does his best to reason with Derek but he’s too angry and their argument escalates. After Ji-hoon hits Derek, Du-rae finds them rolling around on the floor tangled up in some wedding dresses.

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1300052-copy.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/the-spies-who-loved-me-episode-13/

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the predictions were right after all about Derek faking his death AND the time skip next episode. Looks like we're gearing up for a 10(?) minute reunion at the end (I hope it is longer, anyway, though something shorter is definitely possible and very expected for a kdrama). Possibly open ending or staying as friends is most likely now.

Ah Reum's voiceover in the preview, "Keep running until the end" — I wonder if that's directed at Ji Hoon or Derek after she is likely to find out that Derek's alive.

5 hours ago, memory magnet said:

So the predictions were right after all about Derek faking his death AND the time skip next episode. Looks like we're gearing up for a 10(?) minute reunion at the end (I hope it is longer, anyway, though something shorter is definitely possible and very expected for a kdrama). Possibly open ending or staying as friends is most likely now.

Ah Reum's voiceover in the preview, "Keep running until the end" — I wonder if that's directed at Ji Hoon or Derek after she is likely to find out that Derek's alive.

I'm thinking now if Derek will soon wanted to see his wife Ah Reum again. I know Ah Reum really believed that his husband, Derek was not dead. I think there will be again a story twist. I'm waiting for tonight's final episode of The Spies Who Loved Me and curious about what will be the ending. Congratulations to the casts, staff and crew and the director abd writter for giving us this wonderful drama every Wednesday and Thursday night. I'm hoping that this drama series will win many awards because it's a quality and full of great actors and actress in it. 

a few hours from now I'll be saying goodbye to my favorite spy couple JH and AR.it has been a roller coaster ride with this drama.always anticipating the next episode.

if I'll have my way i would really love to end this drama with JH and AR get back together again and for good.after all their love deserves a second chance.but hey!that's just me.:sweatingbullets:

anyway, thank u all for sharing your thoughts and it has been a joyride with you all.till next time.stay safe!:heart:

I feel so sad that this show will be over soon. I wanted to watch in real time and participate more with the discussion, but I didn’t want to deal with all the pre-emptions. It has definitely exceeded my expectations.

Also didn’t hurt that there were so many eye-candies. Thank you, Show, for introducing Tinker and Young-goo (he reminds me of Seo Kang Joon). :D

Of course AR/Derek/JH were their usual beautiful selves, but also Doo Rae, Seo Ra, Peter, Sophie, Dong Ran, and Dong Taek. Just a drama full of beautiful people and great characters. 

Can’t forget the director too. He seemed suspicious at first, but he turned out to be a good guy who was always rooting for JH and the funniest character of all. 

:heart1:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

Omoo they granted our wish!:happydance:

Though the action scene need more improvement but I'm satisfied with the ending :loveu:

Btw what happened with tinker? Did he just disappeared like that?? Too bad because I want to know derek and tinker's past too 

I know it's a low chance but I'm craving for season 2! There are still a lot more to explore please please pretty please:Please:

30 minutes ago, Rilabear said:

I feel so sad that this show will be over soon. I wanted to watch in real time and participate more with the discussion, but I didn’t want to deal with all the pre-emptions. It has definitely exceeded my expectations.

Also didn’t hurt that there were so many eye-candies. Thank you, Show, for introducing Tinker and Young-goo (he reminds me of Seo Kang Joon). :D

Of course AR/Derek/JH were their usual beautiful selves, but also Doo Rae, Seo Ra, Peter, Sophie, Dong Ran, and Dong Taek. Just a drama full of beautiful people and great characters. 

Can’t forget the director too. He seemed suspicious at first, but he turned out to be a good guy who was always rooting for JH and the funniest character of all. 

Yes, young goo and seora especially, I didn't know them before but they really rocks:approves:

And another yes for director ban super super hillarious I think the whole ensemble is really spot on kudos for the casting 

I was so ready for the 3 of them going their separate way, especially EP.15 it just seems like the writer holding of any hint of possibility.  It kinda sucks a little when they do that to built anticipation for the finale but I hate whichever couple at the end barely has any time to build a connection and people who ship other ship will just shrug it off as ah because xyz is the main lead... than merit and if it feels right.

I often hate time jump but I think it's done well here with the 2 year jump that is early enough in the finale to sneak in another mission.  I like the little snark they brought back this episode after the heavy emotional EP.15.

I like how sharp Jihoon was with something was off with Derek's mom's eyes that he wanted to show her the 'suicide' video, and of course mom knows her son well and could tell right away DH faked it.  "Eyes don't lie" :thumbsup::thumbsup:  Though it's a bit weird the examiner just ID the dead body as Derek based on visual observation (ID card, wedding ring and the dashcam...).  Don't big case like this need proper autopsy? It's not like they can't get DH's DNA...

The scene of Young-gu meeting up with his new informant Areum at the restaurant is hilarious.  I really thought it was Tinker that she met up lol.  She really has the knack at this.  Jihoon & Areum doing mission together has so much good energy.  When she shouted out "yeobo" to Jihoon and threw the gas pistol to him I was like yes!  How I wish there was more scene of them together... It's much better than the 10 minutes time jump but they are just so cute, I want more!!

Yong-gu and Seora hahaha I honestly didn't think they become a pair.  His persistent pay off :)

Some characters I wish to know.. Doo-bong, he just disappeared after killing Peter.  Tinker, what does he do after? Continue the spy path with a different organization or turning a good leaf? 

I feel sorry for Derek but I'm happy he doesn't die.  It would be nice to see him with a happy life, sipping cocktails somewhere in the Bahamas... The scene he walked out of the police station the a preview (EP9) didn't not see its light right or I am missing something?

I'm not quite sure what to make of the scene of Areum bumping into Derek at the hotel some time in the past.  She said "if I had turned around to face him, what would happened? It would change everything."  I am taking it as she by choosing not to turn around (knowing it might had change thing), she consciously moving on.  I don't get the purpose of this scene.

How I wish to see a season 2 of this with the espionage.  I want to see more of AR & JH in mission.  It would be so nice if the rating is higher...

Jihoon looks extra handsome when he suits up!  Areum fainting outside Chief Jeon Jihoon's office was also me squealing each time he's on screen lmao.

I didn't see Inna before except Queen Inhyuk but she really shines in role like this. I wish Eric and Inna gets to work with each other again because the chemistry is so good (even if they didn't have so many lovey dovey scenes for obvious reason that she was married to DH).

I am happy with the ending. :heart4:

13 hours ago, Rilabear said:

I thought Young-goo looks like Yoon Shi Yoon :)

The Spies Who Loved Me 

Still Cuts from MBC 

mbcdrama-now-mbcdrama-now-16082559185728

Lim Ju Hwan and Yoo In Na 

( Derek and Ah Reum ) 

mbcdrama-now-mbcdrama-now-16082559185726

Yoo In Na  as  Kang Ah Reum 

mbcdrama-now-mbcdrama-now-16082559185725

Lim Ju Hwan  as  Derek Hyun 

Spoiler

mbcdrama-now-mbcdrama-now-16082559185727

Eric Mun  as  Jeon Jihoon 

Finally, The Spies Who Loved Me aired their last episodes yesterday night. Congratulations to all the casts, director, writter,  staffs and crews of this wonderful MBC drama series. Yoo In Na, Eric Mun and Lim Ju Hwan really did a great job in this drama series. They are very good actor and actress that sometime you will forget that it's only a drama because you are will cry when Ah Reum, Jihoon and Derek cried in the scenes. But you also smiles when they laughed and smiled. Yes, this drama was full of emotions... a roller coaster ride of emotions. It's a highly recommended drama to everyone but prepare yourself to experience the different emotions that you will experience while watching this drama until the end....  I will also miss this drama, watching it every Wednesday and Thursday night. Even all the supporting casts did a good job like Kim Tae Woo, Bae In Hyuk, Lee Jong Won, Cha Joo-Young, Jung Suk-Yong , Sojin, Lee Joo-Woo, and Yoon So-Hee. 

Derek decided to live alone, changed his identity and leave Ah Reum because he thinks it's the only way he can saved her wife. He is now free to travel anywhere he wants but I think he was lonely inside without the one he loves, his wife, but that was his descision and he cannot change it anymore. I hope Derek can survived even without Ah Reum, his mother and friends. He was left nothing but I'm hoping that he can also find his true happiness too like Jihoon and Ah Reum who come back together after all that happened to them. 

11 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@RollyPenny depending on whose wish you are referring to but yes I am over the moon and I feel like the ending has left me with a happy moment in my life too!:gangnamstyle:

That areum being part of interpol team, thats what I meant:D

9 hours ago, Phi said:

I was so ready for the 3 of them going their separate way, especially EP.15 it just seems like the writer holding of any hint of possibility.  It kinda sucks a little when they do that to built anticipation for the finale but I hate whichever couple at the end barely has any time to build a connection and people who ship other ship will just shrug it off as ah because xyz is the main lead... than merit and if it feels right.

I often hate time jump but I think it's done well here with the 2 year jump that is early enough in the finale to sneak in another mission.  I like the little snark they brought back this episode after the heavy emotional EP.15.

I like how sharp Jihoon was with something was off with Derek's mom's eyes that he wanted to show her the 'suicide' video, and of course mom knows her son well and could tell right away DH faked it.  "Eyes don't lie" :thumbsup::thumbsup:  Though it's a bit weird the examiner just ID the dead body as Derek based on visual observation (ID card, wedding ring and the dashcam...).  Don't big case like this need proper autopsy? It's not like they can't get DH's DNA...

The scene of Young-gu meeting up with his new informant Areum at the restaurant is hilarious.  I really thought it was Tinker that she met up lol.  She really has the knack at this.  Jihoon & Areum doing mission together has so much good energy.  When she shouted out "yeobo" to Jihoon and threw the gas pistol to him I was like yes!  How I wish there was more scene of them together... It's much better than the 10 minutes time jump but they are just so cute, I want more!!

Yong-gu and Seora hahaha I honestly didn't think they become a pair.  His persistent pay off :)

Some characters I wish to know.. Doo-bong, he just disappeared after killing Peter.  Tinker, what does he do after? Continue the spy path with a different organization or turning a good leaf? 

I feel sorry for Derek but I'm happy he doesn't die.  It would be nice to see him with a happy life, sipping cocktails somewhere in the Bahamas... The scene he walked out of the police station the a preview (EP9) didn't not see its light right or I am missing something?

I'm not quite sure what to make of the scene of Areum bumping into Derek at the hotel some time in the past.  She said "if I had turned around to face him, what would happened? It would change everything."  I am taking it as she by choosing not to turn around (knowing it might had change thing), she consciously moving on.  I don't get the purpose of this scene.

How I wish to see a season 2 of this with the espionage.  I want to see more of AR & JH in mission.  It would be so nice if the rating is higher...

Jihoon looks extra handsome when he suits up!  Areum fainting outside Chief Jeon Jihoon's office was also me squealing each time he's on screen lmao.

I didn't see Inna before except Queen Inhyuk but she really shines in role like this. I wish Eric and Inna gets to work with each other again because the chemistry is so good (even if they didn't have so many lovey dovey scenes for obvious reason that she was married to DH).

Agree 100 %:approves:

Now I'm saying goodbye to this drama, thank you all for your insight, I'm gonna miss the excitement every wed and thus waiting for this drama :byebye2:

201216 Yoo In Na: “It Takes At Least 8 Hours to Praise Shinhwa’s Eric… A Person Whom I Respect" + Translation of The Video Clip

Actress Yoo In Na expressed her incredible admiration for Eric, saying, “It takes at least 8 hours to praise Eric.

On KBS Cool FM’s ‘Jung Eunji’s Music Plaza,’ which aired on the afternoon of the 16th, Yoo In Na thanked Eric for his text message about seeing her in person, saying, “Praising Eric takes at least 8 hours. I’ve never met anyone with such a great personality in my life.

She said, “I tell people around me that from now on, I’m writing Moon Jung Hyuk as the person I look up to the most. Thank you, Eric, I can’t believe you sent a text message.

Eric worked with Yoo In Na in MBC drama ’The Spies Who Loved Me.’

Source: News1
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

This is translation of the video clip.  The **** are censoring for phone number and brand items:

Link to the video clip is here >> instagram.com/p/CI3BPodBjBi/

0:00 – 0:06
Yoo Inna: Okay..Oh?! I received an eyewitness account. I will definitely introduce this one. The number is **** and it says,

0:07 – 0:50
“Hello! Yoo In Na, congratulations on your return as a honey voiced DJ. Okay, I will begin my eyewitness account. The night before the last day of filming for ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’, we were filming an action scene at an indoor lobby inside a hotel. Yoo In Na set up an assortment of snacks on a table like a mini-convenience store so that all the actors and film crew could enjoy themselves. There are rare items, hard to get hold of these days, such as **** and ****. And she hand delivered **** to each and everyone present. We were able to successfully finish the filming that night thanks to sweet Yoo In Na. This has been the ex-husband, Jeon Ji Hoon and I ate **chips that night. That is all for the eyewitness account. Thank you everyone~”

0:50 – 1:11
Yoo Inna: This is my ex-husband, Jeon Ji Hoon. For those who haven’t watched the drama must be thinking ‘Oh wow, Yoo In Na is so cool..who is her ex-husband?’, but it’s a drama that airs tonight at 9:20pm. This is our last week. I think this message is from Eric who appears in the drama.

1:12- 1:39
Yoo Inna: Oh my~ thank you so much. I honestly need at least 8 hours to praise Eric. Seriously. It was the first time in my life meeting someone with such an outstanding personality so I’ve been telling those around me that from now on, I will write down Moon Jung Hyuk as the person that I look up to the most. Anyway, thank you, Eric. I can’t believe you surprised with such a text message.

I posted these at Eric's thread before might as well share it here as he had such high praises for Inna's work ethic.  That was the time she had to take an absence from the presscon of a movie.  She was just recovering from her illness when they filmed that fight scene in the last episode.   I love how Eric and Juhwan must have getting close and comfy enough for him to joke or 'I hate you' is really 'I love/like you' in disguise :lol:

201208 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Updates:

I finished filming the last scene with Areum in the early morning yesterday. Thank you to each and every one on ‘TSWLM’ team who happily and safely gave their all to their assigned duties on the set throughout the many ups and downs and difficult situations. Areum, who plays the role of ‘Me’ in ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’, managed an incredible amount of lines and scenes even while visiting the hospital in the last 3 days for health issue. The set of ‘TSWLM’ was able to have a happy atmosphere because she took such good care of staff members and co-stars even when she was sick or didn’t get any sleep. I’ll cheer for you when I see you on TV from now on~ To handsome Tinker and Derek, who came to congratulate us on our last shoot even though they didn’t have filming schedule yesterday, thank you~

ps. but i hate you so much derek hyun.

e15bcc74e200ff0968c8389b6afd4e83478ef97c

ec5774eefc33481c1338cc4b5a403ebb3ad569bf

Spoiler

46afd5722eeca70101a101af7ecac5236556530c

Source: AguTV

Finally caught up to the last 2 episodes...

The ending is satisfying cuz

1. Derek is alive (and maybe occasionally stalking his wife which is understandable)

2. Ah Reum fulfils her spy potential by joining as an informant and we get to see her on a mission

(Honestly she's a trouble magnet...might as well put it to good use lol)

3. Ah Reum and Jihoon get a chance to start developing their relationship again:)

It's funny how they showed Director(?) Pan trying to convince his wife of 20 years that he's a policeman:P...he was all for Jihoon coming clean to Ah Reum at the beginning...probably cuz he lied to his wife and never managed to convince her after many years

Young Gu has the best life in this story lol

(can't believe he actually got the girl):w00t:

I guess Peter has the saddest ending... couldn't even die with a proper burial :(

Dong Ran showing up is slightly surprising but nice 

I really liked this drama cuz everyone was amazing in it including both the leads and the writer and director

(But it's so underrated:tears:)

Also it's so nice to know that the leads became great friends behind the scenes :D

And finally it was great watching this drama while discussing theories with you all :lol:

Congratulations to The Spies Who Loved Me casts, director, writter, staffs and crews for giving us this wonderful romance, comedy, action drama series. I know that there are some difficulties while filming because of some health safety and guidelines but happy because they finished it safely and everyone were healthy. 
           Yoo In Na, Eric Mun and Lim Ju Hwan did a great job in portraying Ah Reum, Jihoon and Derek and also the supporting casts, they also did well.
          I hope that Yoo In Na and Lim Ju Hwan who played as Ah Reum and Derek and they called now Apple Couple will do a series again because they really have that natural onscreen chemistry that the viewers had noticed. I want Derek and Ah Reum to be together in the end but we all know that it's Jihoon and Ah Reum were the main lead and must comeback as a couple again. I'm still happy because Derek was not dead and free now but I think he was very lonely without Ah Reum.  Ah Reum said that Derek might find a new love in one of his travel. I hope that Derek will find his true happiness in one of his travel. 

I'm curious what happened to the mother of Derek and also to Tinker and Dong Boo, and also to the brother of Dong Ran after two years. I think they must show us what happened in the final episode. 

I'm also waiting for a Ah Reum, Jihoon and Derek reunion after 2 years but the writter decided that Derek will not appeared in front of Ah Reum and Jihoon . I think it was hard if he will see Ah Reum and Jihoon together again. 

Sweet and happy memories of

Ah Reum and Derek

Screenshot-2020-12-16-22-59-14-1.png

Yoo In Na   and  Lim Ju Hwan 

Screenshot-2020-12-17-16-04-24-1.png

Screenshot-2020-12-16-22-54-47-1.png

Apple Couple

Derek and  Ah Reum 

Come to think of it, YIN has always had good chemistries with all her co-stars. I even liked the interactions between Areum and Doo Lae ! Just liked best friends did. 

All in all, I did enjoyed The Spies Who Loved Me.  I found that it was not a spy story but a life story of "ME"

Well done all.

Finally got the time to watch the last episode!

I've seen some mixed reactions about the ending elsewhere, but personally I loved it!

Initial thoughts were, if Ji Hoon and Ah Reum were endgame anyway, why'd Derek have to go through faking his death—but then, it made sense in the context of the story, he was basically stuck between a rock and a hard place. His situation was tragic even without the real death, just imagining all he went through as his mother's son. At least I do think he found his own sense of happiness.

Some parts still didn't feel 100% right with how the last couple of episodes went (Derek saving Ah Reum only to give up on her anyway etc etc) but I truly loved the conclusion. Not necessarily because Ji Hoon and Ah Reum are back together (it was maybe slightly rushed) but because we got to see them working as a team. It was very fun. Such a stark contrast between ep 16 and ep 15; 15 was all anguish, and 16 brought us rightfully back to the lighthearted stuff. I'm really glad we didn't get the 5-minute reunion but instead got a full mission. I wish we had a full episode or even 2-3 episodes of those missions, I just want to see the pair taking down other people together, then them becoming a couple again would have felt more natural. Still, a really good ending.

Overall, a solid drama, and one that I think I will remember most for how good and natural the acting was. Not bad considering this was the writer's first drama, and the slight pacing/writing problems are probably because of that transition from movie-length to 16-ep drama. It was not perfect, but enjoyable, and definitely underrated (I feel like all the dramas I've enjoyed this 2020 have been sadly underrated, two of them from MBC too sigh).

Yoo In Na Shares Why She Chose “The Spies Who Loved Me,” How She Prepared For Her Role, And More

bf90a7364cf94dc19ea43b8b075ae371.jpeg?s=

Dec 20, 2020
by S. P

Yoo In Na sat down for an interview to discuss her recently-concluded drama “The Spies Who Loved Me.”

“The Spies Who Loved Me” was a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently got caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na starred as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who got married twice — and accidentally married an undercover spy both times. Shinhwa’s Eric played her previous husband Jun Ji Hoon, while her second husband Derek Hyun was played by Im Joo Hwan.

Yoo In Na began the interview by sharing her thoughts on the end of the drama. “I can’t believe the drama is already over,” she said. “Although we experienced difficulties with the filming locations and time constraints due to the situation this year, it was thanks to the hard work of the director, writer, actors, and staff that we were able to end filming safely. I’m going to miss everyone very much.”

When asked what drew her to the drama, Yoo In Na responded, “I found the mix of romance, action, thrill, and comedy to be refreshing.” She continued to describe the plot, explaining that the personal story of each character left an impression on her and that she always eagerly awaited what would happen next in the script.

Yoo-In-Na-1.jpg

The role of Kang Ah Reum required Yoo In Na to put herself in the shoes of a woman stuck between her ex-husband and her current husband. Yoo In Na shared how she took on a different persona based on who she was with, saying, “I treated Jun Ji Hoon like an old friend and lover, but I tried to act more cautious and respectful around Derek Hyun. I figured that since Derek Hyun was the partner that Kang Ah Reum sought out after her first marriage failed, she would want to be more cautious. I think I was a little more comfortable acting as someone who jumped head-first into their first relationship.”

Yoo In Na revealed that she had been excited at the thought of showing viewers a never-before-seen side of herself as a wedding dress designer who had all the makings of a talented spy. Going into detail about how she prepared for her unique role, she explained, “Before filming, I sought advice from a real wedding designer and practiced sewing at home whenever I had the time. In addition, I also practiced shooting for the action scenes. I didn’t want to look awkward holding a gun, so I worked hard to research different poses. I felt really pressured at the time, but looking back, it’s become an enjoyable memory.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1444428wpp/yoo-in-na-shares-why-she-chose-the-spies-who-loved-me-how-she-prepared-for-her-role-and-more

Archived