Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

I can’t believe there’s only 2 episodes left. I am torn between the ML and SL, but it looks like it will be a sad ending for Derek. I’m hoping he was not the dead body. Maybe he cut a deal with JH to help him become a ghost.

Not sure how they will reunite Ah Reum and JH though if they decide to go that route. I would like for them to get a second chance, and I want JH to finally be happy. However, it’s bittersweet because I feel really bad for Derek. I also don’t feel like 2 episodes are enough for Ah Reum to mourn the ending of her second marriage and start over with JH.

• Like 4
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally caught up to the last 2 episodes...   The ending is satisfying cuz 1. Derek is alive (and maybe occasionally stalking his wife which is understandable) 2. Ah Reum fulfils h

I do enjoy the 2 episodes.  Though, while it is still quite interesting and fast pace, EP2 seems to be a tad less energetic than the 1st one.  That said, rating fluctuates often so I'm not concerned. 

So I finally caught up with this drama, it's not my cup of tea ( in general the dramedy  spy type) and I started solely due to Inna . Im actually sold . Aside few things here and there the drama is go

i haven't watched ep 14 but already seen some of the cuts.i am a hopeless romantic and i really hope JH and AR would be given the chance to be together again.their love deserves a second chance.whew!

as for DH i don't want him to die.getting the imprisonment for all the wrongs he has done would do then turn into a new leaf after.honestly the three of them deserves a happy ending.:heart:

• Like 4

IMG-20201211-075618.png

I think that Derek already knew their agreement with Jihoon that after all their problems, he wants to leave everything behind. I am hoping for Ah Reum and Derek's happy ending because I know that Jihoon was already promoted in his work. Ah Reum needs Derek by her side and Derek also needed a wife by his side too.

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-06-21-1.png

It's true that in marriage there are many problems that they gonna face together. After watching the Episode 14 yesterday, I cannot say now who will Ah Reum end up with but I don't want any of the three main leads to die but instead they all remains friends. 

IMG-20201211-075615.png

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting: with Derek's mom already arrested, there isn't really a big reason for Derek to want to go on the run. Initially, I thought that one major reason that they might divorce is if Ah Reum (or Derek) decides that they can't survive being "ghosts". But with all that done, I wonder what other reason Derek might have for becoming a ghost, whether in the new identity sense or really becoming a ghost...

I do think the previews have a tendency to be misleading, though, and especially with character deaths, it's pretty unusual to show it so plainly in the preview. I expect the writer to throw in another twist haha.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, LAARNI said:

i haven't watched ep 14 but already seen some of the cuts.i am a hopeless romantic and i really hope JH and AR would be given the chance to be together again.their love deserves a second chance.whew!

as for DH i don't want him to die.getting the imprisonment for all the wrongs he has done would do then turn into a new leaf after.honestly the three of them deserves a happy ending.:heart:

There should be consequences of your actions.. but I think with mom framing her son as Sophie's murder, DR would face a capital sentence or life in imprisonment than just being charged for espionage (which probably reduced or not charged if he becomes informant).  I'm guessing maybe that's why Jihoon helps DR to fake a death to ghost... If it's true, is he ghosting alone or with Areum...

Derek is not lucky to have a mom like this but he is a very lucky guy for having many chances.  Some don't have such luck.

4 hours ago, memory magnet said:

It's interesting: with Derek's mom already arrested, there isn't really a big reason for Derek to want to go on the run. Initially, I thought that one major reason that they might divorce is if Ah Reum (or Derek) decides that they can't survive being "ghosts". But with all that done, I wonder what other reason Derek might have for becoming a ghost, whether in the new identity sense or really becoming a ghost...

I do think the previews have a tendency to be misleading, though, and especially with character deaths, it's pretty unusual to show it so plainly in the preview. I expect the writer to throw in another twist haha.

Ghosting as new identity because they were talking about DR retiring in Malta and DR said he prefers Bahamas.  As for why he wants to ghost, when Jihoon asked what about AR if DR goes ghosting? DR said isn't it better if he leaves... Then Jihoon asked if it's because DR feels ashamed to face AR after this because he lost her respect and that AR would be better without him.  Jihoon scolded DR for trying to do that because he knew how that feels

haha agree!  From what we've seen, this writer is capable of throwing any twist. That's why I don't think DR is dead.  Sophie & Peter's death, there was no preview of that..

I don't know if it's a spoiler... but notice the new hair... I wonder if there is a time jump

130430932_704570543824106_90067911491281

Source: IG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, memory magnet said:

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-56-06-1.png

The Episode Preview was very interesting and intriguing as the next final two episodes. Now that the Helmes boss is in jail, what will gonna happen to Tinker and the revelation who really killed Sophie. Yoo In Na was very perfect for the role of Ah Reum who a smart, beautiful, talented and independent woman and can solved problems. 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-54-09-1.png

For me, I don't want Ah Reum to lose another husband again. It's very painful on her part. I know Derek did not want also wanted to see her wife suffer if he will going to die. But I'm still hoping that Derek will not die in the end but will be together with Ah Reum again. Derek loves Ah Reum very much that he cooperated to the police so that her mother will be arrrested. Yes, we are all expecting that the writter will have another twist even in the last 2 episodes of this drama series. 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-58-43-1.png

I never imagined that the Helmes boss will be easily captured and put into jail, but because of Ah Reum's help and the team, they easily do that. I'm saddened that they didn't caught Tinker in that moment. I think there's more of Tinker in the upcoming episodes. 

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow Derek's mom is just a psycho huh 

If she can't be happy her son can't too 

I guess since Derek's mom has no problem framing him, it would be easier for him if he disappeared instead? I feel like Jihoon would help him "become a ghost" if he wanted to. We only see Derek's ring (?) on the dead body only so it is likely not Derek (maybe that's why he kept Peter's body? so he can disappear using Peter's body as his "corpse"?)

I agree that Derek probably didn't kill Sophie. Also Tinker isn't arrested so maybe he will try to help his boss or go after Derek (so another reason for Derek to disappear to keep Ah Reum safe)?

Hopefully we will find out who killed Sophie. Jang doo bong disappeared in this episode so he will probably return for solving who killed Sophie?

Maybe Jihoon is the only person keeping in touch with Derek...and Jihoon and Derek work together in secret to keep Ah Reum safe but Ah Reum does not end up with either one of them again...

If Derek really disappears without letting Ah Reum know I don't think Ah Reum will choose any one of them again...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-06-21-1.png

Derek and Ah Reum 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-05-59-1.png

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-05-14-1.png

I am saddened knowing that there will be a possibility that Ah Reum and Derek will have their separate lives but I am still hoping that there is still a way that they will be still together. I prefer Jihoon to focus in her work as an interpol police because he was being promoted and still become friends with Derek and Ah Reum.

I still don't want any of the three main lead to die and have a tragic ending. We will wait each characters to decide what will gonna happen in the end. Derek was not that bad and I think he already changed by his love to Ah Reum and he was only forced to do what his mother wanted him and controlled him before. 

I liked the fact that Derek choses his wife Ah Reum over his own mother. I think he can't handle anymore the wrong doings of his mother.  

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After watching E14, I would say I am completely sold on KAR as a part-time agent for the team (reminds me of Terius Behind Me's ending). She is such a pro and her collaboration with JJH in the lab was smooth beyond words. More so, the way she handled her MIL, sniping the thread and poking her with pins, and then bargaining for her freedom was so calmly executed. I agree with her MIL, she would have made a fine asset to Hermes!

I am glad Yoo In-Na got a chance to play this character. She has been the supporting actress for so long, with the exception of two dramas where she was the female lead and I hope she breaks out of that 'glass ceiling'. She may have been a little late to the game but she certainly makes up for it with her commitment to her trade and her perseverance in sticking to this line of work. Hwaiting Yoo In-Na-ssi :hwaiting:

Can't wait for next week, though it means we will have to say goodbye to the trio.

p.s. agree @shipper the mum won't let others be happy if she ain't happy. And the way she told her son that she is proud of him for handing her to the cops....extremely optimistic view of things and rather bent perspective. And I thought he didn't know how to dispose of Peter's body, now you put it that way....what a great idea. I think the ending will be left open ... especially if KAR and JJH end up as colleagues, they become 'partners in crime', but not in matrimony.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, shipper said:

I guess since Derek's mom has no problem framing him, it would be easier for him if he disappeared instead? I feel like Jihoon would help him "become a ghost" if he wanted to. We only see Derek's ring (?) on the dead body only so it is likely not Derek (maybe that's why he kept Peter's body? so he can disappear using Peter's body as his "corpse"?)

I agree that Derek probably didn't kill Sophie. Also Tinker isn't arrested so maybe he will try to help his boss or go after Derek (so another reason for Derek to disappear to keep Ah Reum safe)?

Maybe Jihoon is the only person keeping in touch with Derek...and Jihoon and Derek work together in secret to keep Ah Reum safe but Ah Reum does not end up with either one of them again...

If Derek really disappears without letting Ah Reum know I don't think Ah Reum will choose any one of them again...

hah great thought on Peter's body.  Probably it is used for Derek's disappearing act.  But how do they explain Peter's disappearance?  Doo-bong knew Peter is dead.  Does that mean Jihoon will cut a deal with Doo-bong so he keeps quiet.  It's for his benefits anyway.  I hope Jihoon runs the ghosting by Interpol team as a thing they should do for Derek in exchange of the information he gave them instead of doing the ghosting on his own because that puts his career in great risk for helping 'criminals'.

I don't know how the ending will be but if Derek and Areum are together it doesn't feel right.  I feel AR sticks by DR because she feels sorry to leave when he's down, just like how she left Jihoon when he had nothing.  And especially after DR saved her from the car accident (most over-used trope to keep someone feels sorry and stays :joy:), how could she leave him?  Like DR's mom pointed out, when was the last time they watched a movie together..  It's a couple who just celebrated their 1 year anniversary, still very much in their honeymoon phase, not a 10 year old couple to be somewhat 'lazy' on these things..   If Jihoon got to the car shop firs, he would probably do the same.. then would Areum be sorry for him?  If the writer wants to brings JiReum back, she would had done that... but it would spoil the whole plan :joy:

Now, if AR's precog about one husband stabbing another is true, it maybe how the writer ties that with the fake death for ghosting.  I do think Tinker will wreck so havoc before the whole thing wrapped up...

Mini-spam for this selfless guy because he deserves some :)

He's so handsome.  I got why Inna said during presscon that she often looked at his face often :)

Eo4b4mYWEAEJz6D?format=jpg&name=orig

Such a cute geek

Eo7FRiAXUAEpck8?format=jpg&name=orig

I love this frame so much even though it's painful

Eo7AkxxUcAEfPk4?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Phi ooh you probably right, the vision areum had about her husband stabbing another, jihoon would prolly helping derek with the ghosting and make as if it's self defence and like @shipper said maybe theyll using peter's body

---

But then jihoon would feel guilty hiding this from interpol and choose to resign and then time jump derek and jihoon are seen working together on a mission for new company they've established. as for areum she remarried again with a spy and so the story continued to season two, woohoo :lol:--- just my random thought LOL :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, RollyPenny said:

@Phi ooh you probably right, the vision areum had about her husband stabbing another, jihoon would prolly helping derek with the ghosting and make as if it's self defence and like @shipper said maybe theyll using peter's body

---

But then jihoon would feel guilty hiding this from interpol and choose to resign and then time jump derek and jihoon are seen working together on a mission for new company they've established. as for areum she remarried again with a spy and so the story continued to season two, woohoo :lol:--- just my random thought LOL :P

haha that's exactly how you start season 2!! :lol:

I'm probably think too much into this but the dead body's hand doesn't look too decomposed, so the face must still be recognizable? Are they going to do something to his face if it's really Peter's body?

• Like 1

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-05-50.png

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-04-38.png

So, Derek's mother said to Ah Reum that her son was the one who killed Sophie. She didn't want her son and Ah Reum to be happy. I know that Derek was only controlled by her mother since his childhood and now Derek decided to do the right things. He wanted to quit the Hermes organization. 

I hope that Derek will follow what Jihoon advised him in the rooftop of the hospital that leaving Ah Reum behind was not a very good idea. Both him and Ah Reum will suffer the pain of that descision.  

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 2

I would hate it if Derek let AR go and AR actually does leave him because in a sense she would essentially be giving up on him just like she did with JH. I would like to think AR loved Derek in her own way (obviously not the way she loved JH). Maybe AR and Derek agree to part ways on both sides, Derek lives somewhere on a remote island, and many years later in a time skip, AR meets JH again by fate at that church in Jeju. What happens after they meet might be a cliffhanger, who knows. I loved the way they met there in the first place, how they met there again when they were there for Sophie's bachelorette, so it only seems fitting they would reunite there again. It also takes me back to the promotional posters and teasers they shot where it looked like Jeju or something like it was in the background. I really liked this teaser where they walk towards each other with the church and windmills (?) in the background and keep going back to it: 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

'ghosting' per se is a bad idea for me if emotions are involved.i remember ethan hunt, tom cruise' character in mission impossible also went into ghosting.although ethan hunt was so brave in saving the world from bad guys, he still checks up on his wife from time to time but always from a distance.personally it pains me to see people who are truly in love for each other but they just can't because of the circumstances that they are in and this kind of guilty feelings of could have beens will always hunt them until the end.

so if DH would go for ghosting and leave AR behind then i guess he will be in pain for all the beautiful memories that they had and will always feel guilty until the end.i guess this is what he meant when he said living in the pit of fire.

i hope nobody dies anymore in the end.i rather see the criminals all in prison than being dead.:heart:

• Like 4
7 hours ago, LAARNI said:

'ghosting' per se is a bad idea for me if emotions are involved.i remember ethan hawke, tom cruise' character in mission impossible also went into ghosting.although ethan hawke was so brave in saving the world from bad guys, he still checks up on his wife from time to time but always from a distance.personally it pains me to see people who are truly in love for each other but they just can't because of the circumstances that they are in and this kind of guilty feelings of could have beens will always hunt them until the end.

so if DH would go for ghosting and leave AR behind then i guess he will be in pain for all the beautiful memories that they had and will always feel guilty until the end.i guess this is what he meant when he said living in the pit of fire.

i hope nobody dies anymore in the end.i rather see the criminals all in prison than being dead.:heart:

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-02-47-1.png

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-03-10-1.png

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-03-23.png        

For me, it's much better if Jihoon will find another woman in his life that will understand his kind of work. Ah Reum gave up on him and already move on so I don't think they will be together again. Ah Reum didn't want Derek to be alone again without her and his mother in the jail. I'm against the idea that Ah Reum will suffer if his second husband will die. I'm hoping for a happy ending for the three main lead. 

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 2

I'm glad I stayed on viewing this drama. I like Eric Mun's acting and the storyline was interesting. I searched for this drama and found it. The first episode was lukewarm and boring but eventually enjoying the subsequent episodes. There are lots of funny and witty bantering. The bromance between Ji-hoon and Derek are more appealing than their love stories with Ah-reum. :approves:

• Like 6
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

I'm glad I stayed on viewing this drama. I like Eric Mun's acting and the storyline was interesting. I searched for this drama and found it. The first episode was lukewarm and boring but eventually enjoying the subsequent episodes. There are lots of funny and witty bantering. The bromance between Ji-hoon and Derek are more appealing than their love stories with Ah-reum.

image-3a753de0-caa8-4a85-9066-08197f982c

I'm excited and curious about the final two episodes next week. I'm sure that there will gonna be more shocking twists and revelations that this drama is continously showing the viewers. I enjoyed watching it because of the perfect casting, very good lead stars like Eric Mun, Yoo In Na and Lim Ju Hwan who played Jihoon, Ah Reum and Derek. All the supporting characters were great too. The storyline was well written and directed. Hoping that many viewers will appreciate this kind of drama series. They finished filming it during the period of pandemic so it's not easy to do a drama series now. 

Edited by Rogue85
  • Like 3

The Spies Who Loved Me: Episode 11

by TeriYaki

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1100145-copy.jpg

A betrayal places our designer and both her ex-husband and husband in grave danger so she considers enlisting the help of a powerful ally. But first, some unexpected setbacks drive home the fact that they need to work together to survive because it’s getting harder to tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

TheSpiesWhoLovedMe-E1100001-copy.jpg

Derek poses for a mug shot and when Ah-reum joins him, she narrates that her current husband is a criminal and by association, she’s his accomplice. Luckily, her ex-husband is in law enforcement and she’s hopeful he’ll help them start a new life. When Ji-hoon joins them for his mugshot, Ah-reum admits, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

At Dong-ran’s wedding after Dong-taek’s disappearance, Ah-reum tells us, “Perhaps, the three of us working together was a mission impossible from the start. When love is part of the equation, three is a crowd.”Shocked by the news of Dong-taek’s escape, Derek denies being the leak. After Ji-hoon is summoned by Jin-min, Ah-reum returns to Dong-ran, leaving Derek alone.

Ah-reum confirms that Dong-ran doesn’t know Dong-taek’s whereabouts and slips out to call Ji-hoon, unaware that Dong-ran is eavesdropping. After their call, Ah-reum removes the camera she’d hidden in the empty suite.

At Gulliver Publishers, Jin-min’s rage rises when Young-gu reports that Dong-taek just landed in Japan. After hurling a book at Ji-hoon’s head, Jin-min has to inform his team, “We have a leak.” His attention on Ji-hoon, Jin-min asks, “Can we trust Derek,” and he quietly answers, “Yes.”

A taxi drives onto an empty lot and Derek jumps out and turns off Ji-hoon’s phone, “Are you crazy? You can be traced.” Derek scolds Ji-hoon for not being more careful, especially when there’s a leak on his team.

• Like 5

Looks like Young-goo collecting his promotion :)

EpCMfRGXMAIPN3p?format=jpg&name=orig

This pic was posted back in October and we thought it was just when he wore it for the scene he wore it to meet Areum to reveal his Interpol identity.  The selfie pic is probably for the promotion scene as well as there are 4 silver stars on his shoulder mark compared to 2 silver stars on the uniform he wore to meet Areum... Promotion ceremony coming up!

EpCMfRGXcAAUfS7?format=jpg&name=orig

ElfvoagWoAE5Oyj?format=jpg&name=orig

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이