[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

larus

47 minutes ago, Rogue85 said:

I think Derek already changed now. He will choose her wife over her mother. He once said that he will die if Ah Reum will be gone to him and I think he's already a changed man now. Derek's love to his wife made him changed. Derek's saving Ah Reum from Tinker without hesitation is a sign of true love. He cannot live without Ah Reum so he save her without any hesitation and now Derek was in the hospital and her mother might killed her own son because of her evil works. I think Jihoon was now only the past love of Ah Reum that she's now already overcome and her focus now is to save her marriage with Derek. She didn't want his husband alone with his situation now and only with her mother so she decided to stay beside him and will cooperate again with the team of Jihoon to fight Helmes. 

New Still Cuts from MBC 

The Spies Who Loved Me 

starring Eric Mun, Yoo In Na and Lim Ju Hwan 

mbcdrama-now-16075794561166.jpg

Yoo In Na  as  Kang Ah Reum 

mbcdrama-now-16075794561165.jpg

Eric Mun  as  Jeon Jihoon 

mbcdrama-now-16075794561160.jpg

Lim Ju Hwan  as  Derek Hyun 

i dont think dereck has changed.changed of feeling probably because he wasn't expecting AR to know his secrets.his mother is the helmes' boss who oredered to kill sophie.i think i would agree on dir ban saying dereck cooperated with them because he wants to protect his mother.and also dereck's mother telling her son that she wouldn't allow him to join espionage if he doesn't want to do it is telling me that dereck made that choice to be a spy.

as for JH and AR's love/feelings for each other i think it's not really over between them.may be they're suppressing the feelings because of the circumstances  they are in right now.i think having them meet again is fate telling them to continue the love that they once abandoned.idk i just got that feeling because the nun-friend of JH was praying for them to meet again.perhaps to love again if the situation will be calmed and sophie's death will be brought to justice.:heart:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LAARNI said:

i dont think dereck has changed.changed of feeling probably because he wasn't expecting AR to know his secrets.his mother is the helmes' boss who oredered to kill sophie.i think i would agree on dir ban saying dereck cooperated with them because he wants to protect his mother.and also dereck's mother telling her son that she wouldn't allow him to join espionage if he doesn't want to do it is telling me that dereck made that choice to be a spy.

as for JH and AR's love/feelings for each other i think it's not really over between them.may be they're suppressing the feelings because of the circumstances  they are in right now.i think having them meet again is fate telling them to continue the love that they once abandoned.idk i just got that feeling because the nun-friend of JH was praying for them to meet again.perhaps to love again if the situation will be calmed and sophie's death will be brought to justice.:heart:

As Ah Reum said, she thinks that he met Jihoon again in order to settle all the misunderstandings between them and finally get over him. Jihoon already decided before that he will chose being an interpol police rather than being with Ah Reum. And now that he was promoted in his work, he cannot be with Ah Reum all the time. I think Derek really loves Ah Reum that he will hate her mother and will chose Ah Reum instead. His life become happiet with Ah Reum and I think there will be a friendship that will going to happen between Jihoon and Derek. 

Tonight's episode was full of heavy scenes. The mother of Derek who was also the boss of Helmes was arrested and the boss of Jihoon who was the mole was also arrested. It turned out that Derek really wanted her mother to be in the jail and he decided to be with her wife, Ah Reum. But I was trilled in the Episode Preview of what will gonna happened to Derek. There are many questions of why would that happened to Derek. 

I've read what some of you have had to say about Derek and JJH. My take is that KAR is trying to redeem herself off her 'wrongdoings' and feelings of guilt for leaving (giving up on) JJH by behaving differently with Derek when their marriage is faced with a crisis. On one hand you could say she has matured and is learning from the mistakes of her first marriage. On the other, it could be said that she might just be doing it for the wrong reasons. She has repeated many times that she doesn't want to do the same thing with Derek but seeing Derek as an opportunity to right what she perceives as her 'wrongs' with JJH isn't the way to go, girl. You've got to do it because your marriage with Derek is worth saving, not because you don't want to repeat the same tune.

@Phi I agree with you, I would certainly want a happy ending for JJH (fingers crossed, with his gal). As for Derek, I hope he puts his inner ghosts to rest.

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I've read what some of you have had to say about Derek and JJH. My take is that KAR is trying to redeem herself off her 'wrongdoings' and feelings of guilt for leaving (giving up on) JJH by behaving differently with Derek when their marriage is faced with a crisis. On one hand you could say she has matured and is learning from the mistakes of her first marriage. On the other, it could be said that she might just be doing it for the wrong reasons. She has repeated many times that she doesn't want to do the same thing with Derek but seeing Derek as an opportunity to right what she perceives as her 'wrongs' with JJH isn't the way to go, girl. You've got to do it because your marriage with Derek is worth saving, not because you don't want to repeat the same tune.

@Phi I agree with you, I would certainly want a happy ending for Derek (fingers crossed, with his gal). As for Derek, I hope he puts his inner ghosts to rest.

Yes agree with you I think areum just stick with derek because it feels right for her that's why I think they better part way.. and seeing tonight's episode derek is thinking the same way, he doesn't want areum just be stuck with him for the wrong reason that's  why he planning the 'ghost' thing.. but my question is why the writer spill out his plan already, could it be things going really bad that he end up being real ghost instead? Dang I don't feel good about it :huh: But let's be optimistic maybe derek's plan is working out and at the end he would taking over Helmes *finger crossed*

For jihoon yes he deserved happy ending but I don't think he need to be with areum for him to be happy.. I would prefer him and areum to keep their friendship and live happily ever after

Areum... wow she pulled the plan herself, finally girl you showing off your skill! But then as expected things won't get that easy she's facing off with Hera afterall, we'll see what would be her next move then..

Last two episode, I hope we don't get disappointed by the finale, feeling nervous already:sweatingbullets:

There’s so much I want to say about these two episodes but I will save it for when I have time to get my thoughts down. I just wanted to note that the writers are really going down to the wire for these final episodes. I thought 14 would solve the mystery and 15 and 16 would be the light, fluffy, romantic scenes but I guess not!!

Tonight episode, I cried so hard at the scene when Jihoon has to arrest chief Kang. I teared up in scenes from other episodes before but this one some how got me sob hard. Eric was so good in this scene. Not just crying but the anguish he emoted from his eyes that made the scene so moving.

As much as I dislike Derek for grandstanding Areum about don't lie to him while he hasn't been truthful to her all this time (doesn't matter what his reasons his inner self is telling us). I let it go once but he does it again and again... I do think he wants to change.  It's just the timing and how his indecision that caused the mess that almost ended up got Areum killed if Jihoon did not tell Derek Areum was at Tinker's car shop.

Back to the episode, Areum pulled up a good plan. They were like Mr. & Mrs. Smith when they do their hacking plan. :lol: I was clapping for them when they cracked opened Sophie's project! Good job team!!!!

I was wondering if Derek really killed Sophie like his mom told Areum... but from the preview, Jihoon is telling Areum that Derek is not the killer... lskdfjsdklfjdslf what a mother, she wants to drag her son down with her. *WORST MOM AWARD*

I don't think Derek will die as the preview suggested. Jihoon will probably help Derek go ghosting. Remember how Derek wanted to go ghosting when they were talking on the rooftop and Jihoon told him don't do that. I love how the writer doesn't make the 2 guys stabbing each other just to win the FL like most dramas. Jihoon doesn't need to help Derek if he is a selfish person and wanted to clear Derek away so he could get back to Areum.. We don't see it here.

I like the development between Jihoon & Derek. They started out with a forced collaboration because of Areum but they gradually become trusting each other. I personally believe there should be consequences for everything you do but I think Derek having to deal with the shame of what happened and having such kind of mother is enough of a punishment. I hope he'll get to have non psychotic friends with his new life (with or without Areum). Regardless, I can see Jihoon & Derek become friends after this is all over... and I like that.

With Tinker still out there, I wonder what damage he will create.. run off or trying to get Helmes' boss out.

Only 2 more episodes to go...

8 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@Phi I agree with you, I would certainly want a happy ending for Derek (fingers crossed, with his gal). As for Derek, I hope he puts his inner ghosts to rest.

You meant happy ending for Jihoon? :) 

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed AR sticks by DR after she found out everything.  I'm disappointed not because that ruins the chance of AR & JH to be together, but because she already told DR clearly that if he lies, that's the end of the marriage.  There is no consequence for lying.  And of course when he blocked the car for her, no way she would break up with him.  I don't wish couples to break up but there is too much baggage for both AR & DR if they stay together.

@RollyPenny Agree with you!  Derek and Areum together at the end feel awkward consider what's happening. I don't mind an ending with the 3 of them on their separate ways but remain friends. :) 

@sunnynotsunhee it's certainly not a typical light rom-com but the character growth and development makes up for that. :)

So not just Jihoon turning doodle artist for the day but Areum too hahaha

Eo4Un9JUwAIXcOd?format=jpg&name=orig

Eo4Un9KVoAADKtl?format=jpg&name=orig

Eo4Un_YVQAI_ljr?format=jpg&name=orig

I can’t believe there’s only 2 episodes left. I am torn between the ML and SL, but it looks like it will be a sad ending for Derek. I’m hoping he was not the dead body. Maybe he cut a deal with JH to help him become a ghost.

Not sure how they will reunite Ah Reum and JH though if they decide to go that route. I would like for them to get a second chance, and I want JH to finally be happy. However, it’s bittersweet because I feel really bad for Derek. I also don’t feel like 2 episodes are enough for Ah Reum to mourn the ending of her second marriage and start over with JH.

i haven't watched ep 14 but already seen some of the cuts.i am a hopeless romantic and i really hope JH and AR would be given the chance to be together again.their love deserves a second chance.whew!

as for DH i don't want him to die.getting the imprisonment for all the wrongs he has done would do then turn into a new leaf after.honestly the three of them deserves a happy ending.:heart:

IMG-20201211-075618.png

I think that Derek already knew their agreement with Jihoon that after all their problems, he wants to leave everything behind. I am hoping for Ah Reum and Derek's happy ending because I know that Jihoon was already promoted in his work. Ah Reum needs Derek by her side and Derek also needed a wife by his side too.

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-06-21-1.png

It's true that in marriage there are many problems that they gonna face together. After watching the Episode 14 yesterday, I cannot say now who will Ah Reum end up with but I don't want any of the three main leads to die but instead they all remains friends. 

IMG-20201211-075615.png

It's interesting: with Derek's mom already arrested, there isn't really a big reason for Derek to want to go on the run. Initially, I thought that one major reason that they might divorce is if Ah Reum (or Derek) decides that they can't survive being "ghosts". But with all that done, I wonder what other reason Derek might have for becoming a ghost, whether in the new identity sense or really becoming a ghost...

I do think the previews have a tendency to be misleading, though, and especially with character deaths, it's pretty unusual to show it so plainly in the preview. I expect the writer to throw in another twist haha.

7 hours ago, LAARNI said:

i haven't watched ep 14 but already seen some of the cuts.i am a hopeless romantic and i really hope JH and AR would be given the chance to be together again.their love deserves a second chance.whew!

as for DH i don't want him to die.getting the imprisonment for all the wrongs he has done would do then turn into a new leaf after.honestly the three of them deserves a happy ending.:heart:

There should be consequences of your actions.. but I think with mom framing her son as Sophie's murder, DR would face a capital sentence or life in imprisonment than just being charged for espionage (which probably reduced or not charged if he becomes informant).  I'm guessing maybe that's why Jihoon helps DR to fake a death to ghost... If it's true, is he ghosting alone or with Areum...

Derek is not lucky to have a mom like this but he is a very lucky guy for having many chances.  Some don't have such luck.

4 hours ago, memory magnet said:

It's interesting: with Derek's mom already arrested, there isn't really a big reason for Derek to want to go on the run. Initially, I thought that one major reason that they might divorce is if Ah Reum (or Derek) decides that they can't survive being "ghosts". But with all that done, I wonder what other reason Derek might have for becoming a ghost, whether in the new identity sense or really becoming a ghost...

I do think the previews have a tendency to be misleading, though, and especially with character deaths, it's pretty unusual to show it so plainly in the preview. I expect the writer to throw in another twist haha.

Ghosting as new identity because they were talking about DR retiring in Malta and DR said he prefers Bahamas.  As for why he wants to ghost, when Jihoon asked what about AR if DR goes ghosting? DR said isn't it better if he leaves... Then Jihoon asked if it's because DR feels ashamed to face AR after this because he lost her respect and that AR would be better without him.  Jihoon scolded DR for trying to do that because he knew how that feels

haha agree!  From what we've seen, this writer is capable of throwing any twist. That's why I don't think DR is dead.  Sophie & Peter's death, there was no preview of that..

I don't know if it's a spoiler... but notice the new hair... I wonder if there is a time jump

130430932_704570543824106_90067911491281

Source: IG

On 12/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, memory magnet said:

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-56-06-1.png

The Episode Preview was very interesting and intriguing as the next final two episodes. Now that the Helmes boss is in jail, what will gonna happen to Tinker and the revelation who really killed Sophie. Yoo In Na was very perfect for the role of Ah Reum who a smart, beautiful, talented and independent woman and can solved problems. 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-54-09-1.png

For me, I don't want Ah Reum to lose another husband again. It's very painful on her part. I know Derek did not want also wanted to see her wife suffer if he will going to die. But I'm still hoping that Derek will not die in the end but will be together with Ah Reum again. Derek loves Ah Reum very much that he cooperated to the police so that her mother will be arrrested. Yes, we are all expecting that the writter will have another twist even in the last 2 episodes of this drama series. 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-58-43-1.png

I never imagined that the Helmes boss will be easily captured and put into jail, but because of Ah Reum's help and the team, they easily do that. I'm saddened that they didn't caught Tinker in that moment. I think there's more of Tinker in the upcoming episodes. 

wow Derek's mom is just a psycho huh 

If she can't be happy her son can't too 

I guess since Derek's mom has no problem framing him, it would be easier for him if he disappeared instead? I feel like Jihoon would help him "become a ghost" if he wanted to. We only see Derek's ring (?) on the dead body only so it is likely not Derek (maybe that's why he kept Peter's body? so he can disappear using Peter's body as his "corpse"?)

I agree that Derek probably didn't kill Sophie. Also Tinker isn't arrested so maybe he will try to help his boss or go after Derek (so another reason for Derek to disappear to keep Ah Reum safe)?

Hopefully we will find out who killed Sophie. Jang doo bong disappeared in this episode so he will probably return for solving who killed Sophie?

Maybe Jihoon is the only person keeping in touch with Derek...and Jihoon and Derek work together in secret to keep Ah Reum safe but Ah Reum does not end up with either one of them again...

If Derek really disappears without letting Ah Reum know I don't think Ah Reum will choose any one of them again...

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-06-21-1.png

Derek and Ah Reum 

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-05-59-1.png

Screenshot-2020-12-11-10-05-14-1.png

I am saddened knowing that there will be a possibility that Ah Reum and Derek will have their separate lives but I am still hoping that there is still a way that they will be still together. I prefer Jihoon to focus in her work as an interpol police because he was being promoted and still become friends with Derek and Ah Reum.

I still don't want any of the three main lead to die and have a tragic ending. We will wait each characters to decide what will gonna happen in the end. Derek was not that bad and I think he already changed by his love to Ah Reum and he was only forced to do what his mother wanted him and controlled him before. 

I liked the fact that Derek choses his wife Ah Reum over his own mother. I think he can't handle anymore the wrong doings of his mother.  

After watching E14, I would say I am completely sold on KAR as a part-time agent for the team (reminds me of Terius Behind Me's ending). She is such a pro and her collaboration with JJH in the lab was smooth beyond words. More so, the way she handled her MIL, sniping the thread and poking her with pins, and then bargaining for her freedom was so calmly executed. I agree with her MIL, she would have made a fine asset to Hermes!

I am glad Yoo In-Na got a chance to play this character. She has been the supporting actress for so long, with the exception of two dramas where she was the female lead and I hope she breaks out of that 'glass ceiling'. She may have been a little late to the game but she certainly makes up for it with her commitment to her trade and her perseverance in sticking to this line of work. Hwaiting Yoo In-Na-ssi :hwaiting:

Can't wait for next week, though it means we will have to say goodbye to the trio.

p.s. agree @shipper the mum won't let others be happy if she ain't happy. And the way she told her son that she is proud of him for handing her to the cops....extremely optimistic view of things and rather bent perspective. And I thought he didn't know how to dispose of Peter's body, now you put it that way....what a great idea. I think the ending will be left open ... especially if KAR and JJH end up as colleagues, they become 'partners in crime', but not in matrimony.

1 hour ago, shipper said:

I guess since Derek's mom has no problem framing him, it would be easier for him if he disappeared instead? I feel like Jihoon would help him "become a ghost" if he wanted to. We only see Derek's ring (?) on the dead body only so it is likely not Derek (maybe that's why he kept Peter's body? so he can disappear using Peter's body as his "corpse"?)

I agree that Derek probably didn't kill Sophie. Also Tinker isn't arrested so maybe he will try to help his boss or go after Derek (so another reason for Derek to disappear to keep Ah Reum safe)?

Maybe Jihoon is the only person keeping in touch with Derek...and Jihoon and Derek work together in secret to keep Ah Reum safe but Ah Reum does not end up with either one of them again...

If Derek really disappears without letting Ah Reum know I don't think Ah Reum will choose any one of them again...

hah great thought on Peter's body.  Probably it is used for Derek's disappearing act.  But how do they explain Peter's disappearance?  Doo-bong knew Peter is dead.  Does that mean Jihoon will cut a deal with Doo-bong so he keeps quiet.  It's for his benefits anyway.  I hope Jihoon runs the ghosting by Interpol team as a thing they should do for Derek in exchange of the information he gave them instead of doing the ghosting on his own because that puts his career in great risk for helping 'criminals'.

I don't know how the ending will be but if Derek and Areum are together it doesn't feel right.  I feel AR sticks by DR because she feels sorry to leave when he's down, just like how she left Jihoon when he had nothing.  And especially after DR saved her from the car accident (most over-used trope to keep someone feels sorry and stays :joy:), how could she leave him?  Like DR's mom pointed out, when was the last time they watched a movie together..  It's a couple who just celebrated their 1 year anniversary, still very much in their honeymoon phase, not a 10 year old couple to be somewhat 'lazy' on these things..   If Jihoon got to the car shop firs, he would probably do the same.. then would Areum be sorry for him?  If the writer wants to brings JiReum back, she would had done that... but it would spoil the whole plan :joy:

Now, if AR's precog about one husband stabbing another is true, it maybe how the writer ties that with the fake death for ghosting.  I do think Tinker will wreck so havoc before the whole thing wrapped up...

Mini-spam for this selfless guy because he deserves some :)

He's so handsome.  I got why Inna said during presscon that she often looked at his face often :)

Eo4b4mYWEAEJz6D?format=jpg&name=orig

Such a cute geek

Eo7FRiAXUAEpck8?format=jpg&name=orig

I love this frame so much even though it's painful

Eo7AkxxUcAEfPk4?format=jpg&name=medium

@Phi ooh you probably right, the vision areum had about her husband stabbing another, jihoon would prolly helping derek with the ghosting and make as if it's self defence and like @shipper said maybe theyll using peter's body

---

But then jihoon would feel guilty hiding this from interpol and choose to resign and then time jump derek and jihoon are seen working together on a mission for new company they've established. as for areum she remarried again with a spy and so the story continued to season two, woohoo :lol:--- just my random thought LOL :P

1 hour ago, RollyPenny said:

@Phi ooh you probably right, the vision areum had about her husband stabbing another, jihoon would prolly helping derek with the ghosting and make as if it's self defence and like @shipper said maybe theyll using peter's body

---

But then jihoon would feel guilty hiding this from interpol and choose to resign and then time jump derek and jihoon are seen working together on a mission for new company they've established. as for areum she remarried again with a spy and so the story continued to season two, woohoo :lol:--- just my random thought LOL :P

haha that's exactly how you start season 2!! :lol:

I'm probably think too much into this but the dead body's hand doesn't look too decomposed, so the face must still be recognizable? Are they going to do something to his face if it's really Peter's body?

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-05-50.png

Screenshot-2020-12-12-16-04-38.png

So, Derek's mother said to Ah Reum that her son was the one who killed Sophie. She didn't want her son and Ah Reum to be happy. I know that Derek was only controlled by her mother since his childhood and now Derek decided to do the right things. He wanted to quit the Hermes organization. 

I hope that Derek will follow what Jihoon advised him in the rooftop of the hospital that leaving Ah Reum behind was not a very good idea. Both him and Ah Reum will suffer the pain of that descision.  

Archived