Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do enjoy the 2 episodes.  Though, while it is still quite interesting and fast pace, EP2 seems to be a tad less energetic than the 1st one.  That said, rating fluctuates often so I'm not concerned. 

Finally caught up to the last 2 episodes...   The ending is satisfying cuz 1. Derek is alive (and maybe occasionally stalking his wife which is understandable) 2. Ah Reum fulfils h

So I finally caught up with this drama, it's not my cup of tea ( in general the dramedy  spy type) and I started solely due to Inna . Im actually sold . Aside few things here and there the drama is go

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Where's My Oppa? 1

Im Joo Hwan Is Startled By Yoo In Na’s Sudden Confrontation In “The Spies Who Loved Me”

70c632ea892c482a93b0638366cbc2c9.jpeg?s=

Nov 19, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s “The Spies Who Loved Me” revealed new stills of Im Joo Hwan and Yoo In Na ahead of tonight’s episode!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice — and she unknowingly married an undercover spy both times.

Shinhwa’s Eric plays Kang Ah Reum’s ex-husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan plays her current husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Ah Reum resolved to dig up the secrets Derek Hyun was hiding after finding out that his younger brother Tinker (Lee Jong Won) had been the suspicious person who had ransacked Sophie’s (Yoon So Hee‘s) house. In addition, she also discovered the bugging device that Derek Hyun had placed in the Foreign Ministry. Viewers are curious to find out whether or not Kang Ah Reum will finally be able to take off his mask and figure out his true identity.

New stills show that she might be one step closer to her goal as she finds her husband looking through her desk at her wedding dress shop. Knowing that he has been caught red-handed, Derek Hyun looks nervous as he locks eyes with Kang Ah Reum, who folds her arms crossly. He then sits meekly at the table as she confronts him about the matter.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1438871wpp/im-joo-hwan-is-startled-by-yoo-in-nas-sudden-confrontation-in-the-spies-who-loved-me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Loving tonight's episode :elated:

It's worth the wait

- yess Eric is Soo hot in that black suit :love:

- Areum looks so calm yet fierce confronting derek but after derek is gone we can see that she actually terrified 

- that scene with derek tying areum's hair is soo sweet I loove it, love how just with a simple act can describe how much affection derek has for Areum

- interpol team chemistry is just amazing, they're hillarious too especially the boss, I always waiting what he would say next but how come they are not anticipating the hacker would betray them? Or they expecting it already hmm..

- that ending and derek is going to be jailed in the next episode??

woah couldnt wait for what's going to unfold next week,just hoping there'll be no baseball match 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Episode 8 was really good.

Ji Hoon and Ah Reum were both great in baiting their respective targets, but wow, that confrontation between Ah Reum and Derek was so well-executed and gripping. 

I find it interesting how Ah Reum found the USB flash drive in this episode already. I was expecting it to come much later, maybe episode 10, even episode 14, as like the "final piece of the puzzle." I thought it would be a bigger reveal, I mean doesn't it contain the information they're all looking for? Or will Ah Reum not check the contents? Would the second half of the drama revolve more around Ji Hoon protecting Ah Reum (and taking down Helmes)?

Is Derek going to betray Helmes for Ah Reum? The preview seems to suggest that Ah Reum is going to be more open to Ji Hoon as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

EP.8 is a good episode.  I'm a bit surprise Areum unmasked Derek this quickly just half way in the series, same with the USB... Though I see the point of revealing the USB as potential driving point for other conflicts like now everyone is aware it's on the server but a removable device.  With the spy camera installed at her shop, Derek (+ his goon, Tinker) and Jihoon can see that she found the USB... In the preview for next week, Tinker is seen at the wedding shop, attacking Areum? The mysterious person in the video call with Tinker in previous episode, I think it's a woman cuz he/she is seen in EP9 preview again wearing a colorful scarf... the way her hand/fingers moving while petting the lizard seems to be a woman to me... if so, could it be Derek's mother?

For the first time from the beginning, Derek tying her hair touch me more than the other things he did... because like Jihoon's dishwashing, massaging, and cure packet moments.. the hair tying is more relatable than the all the sweet words.

I was hoping Derek could walk the talk after he's been telling us how he wanted to tell AR the truth and that but he denied it till the end after she told him everything she found.. He shrugged it off as if she's delu from watching too much movies lol... It was Areum who told him his real job, not the other way around.

I love Jihoon's noodle moment and letting Areum know that she's no pressure to tell him what she found if she doesn't trust her...  I wonder why it's a trust issue other than holding it back because Derek is husband. I understand her worry and/or curiosity on Derek that she hasn't disclosed to Jihoon/police yet. I hope she will tell them because like Jihoon' concern, holding it off could be complicit, aside from the growing danger as she's getting closer to the bad guys.

Jihoon and Areum are so much on the same wave length despite her rumbling on Jihoon XD  Like what inspired Jihoon's little opp to get Peter to corporate to find Sophie's killer and Areum's thinking when she came up with a trap on Derek.  I love the fight scene!

EnRKNu0VkAMv_cI?format=jpg&name=large

EnRKN-6VQAEGRgP?format=jpg&name=large

EnRKOMiVgAgNvct?format=jpg&name=large

22 hours ago, memory magnet said:

Episode 8 was really good.

Is Derek going to betray Helmes for Ah Reum? The preview seems to suggest that Ah Reum is going to be more open to Ji Hoon as well.

I really hope for all the talks, he will betray Helmes, and not so late that it endangers Areum's safety. I think she'll probably tell Jihoon what she knows and she seems pissed that she wants to also catch the big boss.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, RollyPenny said:

- interpol team chemistry is just amazing, they're hillarious too especially the boss, I always waiting what he would say next but how come they are not anticipating the hacker would betray them? Or they expecting it already hmm..

- that ending and derek is going to be jailed in the next episode??

woah couldnt wait for what's going to unfold next week,just hoping there'll be no baseball match

I think they probably anticipate Helmes/Derek is also trying to extract data but didn't show us. But it would not surprise me if they didn't because writer has been making them fail often so the story can keep on going... :joy:

Looks like Derek is cuffed but I don't think he goes to jail yet..

No more baseball I think :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Spies Who Loved Me: Episode 7

by LollyPip

Spies07-00228.jpg

It’s time to get inside the head of our second spy husband and see what makes him tick. Surprisingly, he may not be as malicious as we’ve assumed and does indeed hold some affection for his wife. But it’s whether that affection is healthy, or a symptom of a major personality issue, that’s the problem.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Spies07-00014.jpgSpies07-00015.jpg

One morning, as he watches Ah-reum make breakfast, Derek thinks about how he started telling lies at a young age because he enjoyed fooling people. “The lies I fabricated were for my own satisfaction and enjoyment. But after meeting my wife, I learned that my lies could give satisfaction to someone other than myself. In fact, it was even more satisfying.”

He tells Ah-reum that she’s not gaining weight, it’s just that her dress shrunk, and that a pimple makes her look like Marilyn Monroe. He admits to himself that he’s sometimes tempted to tell her who he really is, and he even calls out, “I’m a spy,” as she’s running the blender, though she doesn’t hear.

He knows she’ll eventually find out the truth, but he’s always told himself that by then, she’ll love him enough to forgive him. However, watching Tinker confronting Ah-reum at the garage, Derek realizes for the first time that his secret could endanger Ah-reum, and he’s scared.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/the-spies-who-loved-me-episode-7/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the great comments/posts etc.

Thanks @larus for the article

@RollyPenny and @memory magnet and of course mvp @Phi I couldn't have said it better.

-INTERPOL team rocks LOL that scene

-JH telling AR if you don't trust me you don't have to tell me. (To later find out he KNEW she was at that place following Tinker definitely gives food for thought for her

-Interesting to see Derek's perspective when AR was confronting him about being a SPY and he still CONTINUALLY tried to deny it (when she just kept giving great evidence etc to him). To the point, ok he stopped acting. Poor AR was like all those lies then WHAT was real? When Derek feared losing her, yeah that is true that was BIG chance he would. Not looking good for him.

-I love that they do not FORCE that AR and JH will get together. He is just caring and worried for her. She is grappling with a marriage based on a LIE and she did with JH but though even nice gentleman gestures were for SHOW and not really (sincere) I feel and that felt so different.

-Derek seems SERIOUS to get out to keep AR. Now DOES she want to stay with him? Even Tinker is like WOAH are you invested too much now?

-Hani in her cameo as the North Korean spy double crossing INTERPOL and HERMES lol. Hey who ever gives her the money. I wonder is she REALLY handing it first to Derek ? (I Guess so if she is wearing those eyeglasses right? Or Nope?

-Poor colleague fronting the money for the Interpol team. What about boss who has glasses (he guilted everyone what is his DEAL as all has their excuses).

-Cannot wait to see 2 episodes hopefully this week.

• Like 5

Eric posted that after an extra confirmed with Covid positive (this extra was working on tvN's Queen Cheorin) today's filming was immediately canceled.  Inspection, safety measure and quarantine protocols are carried out. Filming will resume when it's safe to do so.  https://www.youtube.com/post/UgydaokEi6MMEw5Pl0h4AaABCQ

I hope everyone is safe.  Take this as some needed break and some R&R

Some photos from today aside the unfortunate news

Eric, Inna & Juhwan picking their favorite moments from the first half of the drama + watch points for the 2nd half

202011241132310310_2_20201124113408419.j

202011241132310310_3_20201124113408432.j

202011241132310310_4_20201124113408459.j

Spoiler

202011241132310310_5_20201124113408475.j

EnkJvnuUUAU7njU?format=jpg&name=orig

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000360889

• Like 5

The Spies Who Loved Me: Episode 8

by LollyPip

Spies08-00212.jpg

A lot of truths come out in this episode, between our dressmaker and her two husbands. One is caught in a lie while the other volunteers the truth, but only one is doing this for the right reasons. They’ve both lied to her in the past, and she has a big decision to make – who to forgive, and who to put her trust in again.

EPISODE 8 RECAP

Derek meets with Peter by the river, neither of them aware that they’re being followed by Ah-reum and Ji-hoon, respectively. Peter asks Derek if he found Sophie’s killer, would he kill him. Derek asks why Peter did nothing, and Peter says that he knew he wasn’t good enough for Sophie. He says that only a bad guy would be with a woman knowing he’s bad for her, which seems to hit a nerve for Derek.

From a distance, Ah-reum recognizes Peter as the “stalker” from Sophie’s bachelorette party, and she wonders what Derek is doing with him. She goes back to her office for a soju, furious that Derek has been doing this kind of thing behind her back. She gets several notifications from the “courier” (Ji-hoon), so she calls him and they arrange to talk in person.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/the-spies-who-loved-me-episode-8/

• Like 4

So many drama production affected. I hope everyone is safe and well.

201124 Shinhwa’s Eric AguTV Updates:

Hello, this is Jeon Ji Hoon of TSWLM.
An extra performer, who had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, was at the set today, so filming was canceled and everything was shut down immediately. Filming will be carried out safely again after necessary inspection and procedures according to quarantine guidelines. Everyone, please make sure to wear mask and wash your hands as part of daily routine. I hope everyone make safety your top priority and please stay healthy.

38249cdde980a3cd20725e683068ea302742d912

Source: AguTV
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

This is the trans for the article Eric shared.

201124 The Production of ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ Suspended Filming Due to COVID-19

On the 24th, an official informed The Daily Sports that MBC’s Wed-Thu drama, ’The Spies Who Loved Me’ is currently suspended due to COVID-19.

An extra performer who previously took part in the filming of tvN’s new drama, ‘Mr. Queen’ tested positive for COVID test. Accordingly, the staff and actors who had contact with him will be tested for COVID-19.

Meanwhile, the cast of ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ is also facing red light because of their overlap contact with the ‘Mr. Queen’ extra cast member, who is confirmed positive of COVID-19.

The production official added, “We stopped filming immediately after confirming the facts. Following the guidelines of health authorities, the extra performer proceeded to take the test. In addition, staff members who have been affected are in self-quarantine at the moment and will undergo additional tests based on the extra cast member’s test results. We will make every effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of the cast members and staff.

Amid the third wave of COVID-19 nationwide, news of COVID-19 tests and suspension of filming on the sets of dramas are being reported one after another.

Starring Moon Jung-hyuk (Eric) and Yoo In-na, ‘The Spies Who Loved Me’ is a thrilling secret romantic comedy about two secretive husbands and a woman who caught up in a spy war. It airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:20 p.m.

Source: ISplus, Newsen
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

I am so bummed to hear they stopped filming but it's good that they are being careful. Hopefully everyone is healthy and can take advantage of this time to rest before they finish the rest of the filming. I wonder what/how many more episodes they still need to film. 

I love AR as a strong FL. I truly believe that Derek was in love with AR but I hate that he treated her like she was dumb, basically gaslighting her, when she methodically listed out everything that seemed suspicious about him. I really hope that AR does seek out JH help. She can be a strong female lead still but I worry she might be too in over her head and would like to see her get JH help because he is a professional after all. I would also think that he would get more involved now since she found about from DL that he was at the junkyard with her and because I think that's the point of the whole drama. I wonder what Derek's motivations are for being a spy because when he was thinking to himself when she confronted him, he said he wasn't just doing it for his benefit. There must be some other reason for his actions. I hope now that AR knows about Derek and she has the flash drive that the story will pick up the pace a bit more. I'm enjoying the spy elements of the drama more than I thought I would. 

The three main leads are seriously the chemistry kings and queen. I don't really care who AR ends up with because I find she has great chemistry with both of her spy husbands. That makes for a great drama because I am not crazily invested in one couple or another but really just enjoying the intricate relationships that the characters all have with each other. 

• Like 4
On 11/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, mintandpeach said:

Also how cool it would be if derek, ji hoon and ah reum can work together to catch sophies killer, so coooool right?? but since we know they are going to stab each other, let's consider it as a accident probably when they are catching the killer. AHHH i want the 3 of them to work together, probably jihoon will know how derek treasures ah reum if the three work together. Derek's mission is to get the files and ji-hoon's mission is to find the killer, so they can help each other if ah reum tries to make it work. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE but i want that.

FINALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!! what I dreamt of, or let's say what i wanted is happening... three of them are working together. eric and ju hwan walking in suits in slomo arghhhhhhh my heart !!!!!!!!!. 

I watched ep 9, so fun 

- Kang ah reum is basically blackmailing derek that if he doesn't co-operates with the interpol she might report him.

D : you didn't .......

KAR : what ? you think I reported you ? NO, i didn't. (smirks) NOT YET (!!!!!!)

I mean she is trying to get him in by scaring him (smart of her)

- KAR also gave derek a ultimatum to save their marriage.

- the drink scene LOLOLOL

- i am growing more suspicious ofthe chief, what's wrong with his family picture in this ep???

- i like how KAR is taking derek's side although behind his back. but she is still trying to help derek, and putting efforts to save her family.

- also i like how ah reum directly asked jihoon that she needs his help.

- jihoon has still not told KAR about the spying derek does on KAR. KAR has not told anyone about the fact that she has the drive. why ??? probably saving the best for later.

- peter said that helmes has informers in interpol, can it be chief ?

- it's good that jihoon and ah reum talked their hearts out about their pasts so now they can work for present.

- "i thought you still had feelings for my wife but it seems like they were for me ":joy::joy::joy::joy:

- tinker is tapping derek's calls OMG that's scary ......

- the guy attacking ah reum is tinker, saw it clearly, what does he knows about ah reum?? he took away the necklace. why??

- THIS !!!!!!!!!!BBzimpz.png

17 hours ago, sunnynotsunhee said:

The three main leads are seriously the chemistry kings and queen. I don't really care who AR ends up with because I find she has great chemistry with both of her spy husbands. That makes for a great drama because I am not crazily invested in one couple or another but really just enjoying the intricate relationships that the characters all have with each other. 

i agree, the writers probably wanted this and the actors surely delivered it in the best way possible.

• Like 5

Wow ep 9 didn't go the way I expected it to, but very fun!

I thought we'd see Ah Reum checking the flash drive but I guess that's setting up for the bigger reveal later. (It did seem pretty weird of her to realize it was an important thing that Sophie left her yet didn't do anything about it)

The scene where Ji Hoon asked why Ah Reum couldn't believe in him but could believe Derek, Eric Mun was really good in that one

Something's definitely off about the chief, wonder if he'll sabotage the plan about Dong Ran's wedding and catching Dong Tak. For sure they're not going to succeed there, otherwise the drama would pretty easily resolve itself but there are 6 more episodes to go.

Tinker probably placed a bug in that necklace; Ah Reum surely has to realize soon that it was him who attacked her.

• Like 4

My takeaways for ep.9

-Ji hoon..how come he always losing his target haha I know this has to happen for the story sake but if he were a real spy he would've been fired in his next performance review the boss is too good on him:joy::joy:

- jihoon and derek are finally started working together, yeay loving their awkward chemistry 

- I think Areum is hiding the usb somewhere, and not going to reveal it until Sophie's murderer is found

- somehow I'm a bit disappointed Areum told everything to do rae already I think it would risk areum's plan and it could harm dorae too, I don't we'll see how the story goes

• Like 3

I expected some big mess to happen at the wedding, but Dong Taek didn't even make it inside the venue HAHAHA Ayoo, poor Ji Hoon and Interpol team can't catch a break.

The ending hinted as if it was Derek who leaked the info, but the preview seems to suggest a mole in the team so — the chief? It's really going to be so sad if he's the mole considering how much he seems to genuinely care for Ji Hoon.

Also, anyone else notice that some scenes in the previews haven't been shown at all? Were they cut out? Are they for future episodes?

Spoiler

Episode 9's preview had Derek at the police station, while episode 10's preview shows him and Ah Reum with tofu, I think? Possible ending — he gets jailed for being a spy and Ah Reum waits for him to serve his time?

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이