[Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이

larus

LOL Seola's handsome oppa reunited with Chef Moon again so soon :lol:  I heard he will play a medial rep for DDK.  Not sure if he only has a few scenes because I didn't see him in casting news.

200917 AguTV Shinhwa’s Eric’s Community Update:

Met CEO Kang Joon Soo again after ‘Eccentric Chef Moon’~ Good luck in 'The Spy Who Loved Me’ too!

40bf7650d29833664c7cc97f6033a02bad0e1f9b

Source: AguTV
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

Since I was on his YT channel, throwing in the 2 video he recited  a Korean and English poem

Stay Wild, a poem about life by English poet Ms Moem.  His voice, is so good for narration, dictation and voice-over. I was blown.  The bgm choice was perfect!  I wonder if it's the spy filming site at the end there

Video description by Eric:

stay wild a poem by ms moem.

stay wild my little sogum. (Segum is their dog)

i was in my bathtub going thru old vids in my iphone and i found this little clip

and i just had to make this video for you guys.

nothing special as usual but i hope you enjoy

good night~

-agu-

STAY WILD by Ms Moem

You were not born a statue
Nor rooted like a tree.
You were born a wild one;
A spirit pure and free.

No cage should hold you captive.
No title should define.
You’re flexible and fluid,
So can change at any time.

With nothing set in stone
And so much to explore
Wander down a million paths
And rattle every door.

Never stop adventuring.
Embrace your inner child.
Stay fearless & stay curious.
Stay positive. Stay wild.

Source: Ms Moem

Lake is a short poem by the famous Korean poet Jung Ji Yong. He was the pioneer of Korean modern poetry. Please turn on Caption for English sub.

LAKE by Jung Ji Yong

A face
I can surely block
with my two palms,

but my heart of longing,
big like a lake, and
I cannot help but close my eyes.

Source: jaypsong

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200920 MBC Update: Individual Poster for Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoo Inna and Im Ju Hwan + Premiered on October 21st

t/n: The sayings in quotation are the same writing on the individual poster.

Character poster for #JeonJiHoon (Moon Jung Hyuk)
Nothing about us was a coincidence, not one.
Jihoon, an Interpol secret agent disguised as a romantic travel writer!

665c51b25c224e8fde76a529042d67bab92dd668

Character poster for #KangAReum (Yoo Inna)
The war of marriage, I make the most beautiful armor.
Wedding dress designer Areum!

8fd149d262db9bd83e387bc85eaf059908db31d8

Character poster for #DerekHyun(Im Ju Hwan)
I’m good at pretending to believe people, so don’t lie.
Industrial spy disguised as a diplomat, Areum’s current husband Derek!

2bbbaf97fbb2ee3fd51e3ae31ba2c28e940c7618

The most thrilling and sweet deception in the world, a romantic espionage.

The Spy Who Loved Me premiere on October 21st :heart:

Source: MBC (1, 2, 3)

Eric, Yoo In Na, And Im Joo Hwan Star In Character Posters for MBC’s Upcoming Spy Drama

49a767fbc8454ffeac168ac691f37c98.jpeg?s=

Sep 21, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” (literal title) has revealed posters of the three main characters.

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a thrilling romantic comedy about a woman who gets caught up in espionage with her two secretive husbands. The drama will be a collaboration between producing director Lee Jae Jin of MBC’s “The Banker” and “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol” and writer Lee Ji Min of the films, “The Man Standing Next,” “Forbidden Dream,” and “The Age of Shadows.”

Shinhwa’s Eric takes the role of Jeon Ji Hoon, a secret Interpol agent who’s undercover as a travel photographer. He is the first husband of Kang Ah Reum, played by Yoo In Na. The two divorce but later reunite under less-than-good circumstances. In the new poster, he holds up a gun and poses charismatically next to his tagline, which reads, “Nothing between us was a coincidence. Not even one thing,” hinting at his past relationship with Kang Ah Reum.

Eric, Yoo In Na, And Im Joo Hwan Star In Character Posters for MBC’s Upcoming Spy Drama

Sep 21, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” (literal title) has revealed posters of the three main characters.

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a thrilling romantic comedy about a woman who gets caught up in espionage with her two secretive husbands. The drama will be a collaboration between producing director Lee Jae Jin of MBC’s “The Banker” and “My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol” and writer Lee Ji Min of the films, “The Man Standing Next,” “Forbidden Dream,” and “The Age of Shadows.”

Shinhwa’s Eric takes the role of Jeon Ji Hoon, a secret Interpol agent who’s undercover as a travel photographer. He is the first husband of Kang Ah Reum, played by Yoo In Na. The two divorce but later reunite under less-than-good circumstances. In the new poster, he holds up a gun and poses charismatically next to his tagline, which reads, “Nothing between us was a coincidence. Not even one thing,” hinting at his past relationship with Kang Ah Reum.

Derek Hyun is a sweet and doting husband to Kang Ah Reum, but when it comes to matters of business, he is cold and calculated and doesn’t hesitate to take any measures necessary. The poster features his cool and composed exterior as he stares at the road in front of him. His tagline reads, “I’m good at acting fooled. So don’t lie to me.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426763wpp/eric-yoo-in-na-and-im-joo-hwan-star-in-character-posters-for-mbcs-upcoming-spy-drama

MBC's new photo update.  hiiiiiiiicccc 40s is the new 30s  :hooray2:

200922 MBC’s Update: New Photos for Eric

Equipped with a free pass charm around the world
Areum’s ex-husband, Jeon Ji-hoon! ✈

Main Role: Interpol Secret Agent >>  Side Role: Travel Writer

MBC’s new Wed-Thu mini-series <#TheSpyWhoLovedMe>
First episode on Wednesday, October 21st

EiexZr8UcAEgNOW?format=jpg&name=orig

EiexZr8U4AArGxJ?format=jpg&name=orig

EiexZr9U8AE6UkI?format=jpg&name=orig

Spoiler

EiexZr8UYAAqxMc?format=jpg&name=orig

Source: MBC

Spoiler

Eric Becomes A Master Of Disguise In Upcoming Spy Rom-Com

bbe8956c5ad64c429ebd4396ae9a999d.jpeg?s=

Sep 23, 2020
by C. Lee

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” (literal title) gave a closer look at Eric’s character!

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a thrilling romantic comedy about a woman who gets caught up in espionage with her two secretive husbands. Shinhwa’s Eric stars as Jeon Ji Hoon, a secret Interpol agent who’s undercover as a travel photographer. He is the first husband of Kang Ah Reum, played by Yoo In Na. The two divorce but later reunite under less-than-ideal circumstances.

In the newly released stills, Eric shows off his duality as an Interpol agent and a travel photographer. When disguised as a photographer, Jeon Ji Hoon is as carefree as can be. He even looks off into the distance with a serious gaze, as if he’s missing someone.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427090wpp/eric-becomes-a-master-of-disguise-in-upcoming-spy-rom-com

2nd teaser

Watch: Eric And Yoo In Na Get Hearts Racing With Romantic Memories And Reunion In Spy Drama Teaser

c0504d1a95c14eb183d005b779776bc9.jpeg?s=

Sep 23, 2020
by J. K

The upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” has shared a romantic new teaser!

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a thrilling romantic comedy about a woman who gets caught up in espionage with her secretive past and current husbands. Yoo In Na stars as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer, while Eric plays Jeon Ji Hoon, her ex-husband, a secret Interpol agent who is undercover as a travel photographer. Im Joo Hwan takes the role of Derek Hyun, a corporate spy and Kang Ah Reum’s current husband.

Kang Ah Reum had no idea that her ex-husband was a secret agent, but she and Jeon Ji Hoon become involved in an unexpected incident and she’s then swept up in a war between spies.

On September 23, the show revealed a second teaser video, which highlights the wistful and sentimental feelings between Eric and Yoo In Na’s characters. It’s a complete 180 from the thrilling first teaser, which was inspired by the James Bond series.

This new teasers shows Jeon Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum reuniting, with a white wedding veil first lifting to reveal Jeon Ji Hoon. His expression conveys many mixed emotions as he narrates, “I’ve been waiting for this moment.” Kang Ah Reum then walks down the aisle of an empty church, her steps echoing as she heads toward the door. “I wanted to avoid this moment,” she narrates.

The teaser shows memories of their happy days as a couple including passionate kisses and blissful smiles. Jeon Ji Hoon begins to walk toward her as he narrates, “That woman was my wife.” Kang Ah Reum says, “That man was my husband,” and she stands in place as though time has stopped.

“We shouldn’t have met,” narrates Jeon Ji Hoon, and Kang Ah Reum says, “Back then, and now too.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427288wpp/watch-eric-and-yoo-in-na-get-hearts-racing-with-romantic-memories-and-reunion-in-spy-drama-teaser

Thank you for all the updates.  The first teaser make me thought it's not much of romance but a spy war (partly because of the writer's favorite gene in espionage and political games... Then they drop that 2nd teaser bring us right back to rom-com again!   But it feels quite dooms now that I read what they said in the teaser.... Their voice are really nice.  Inna's soft voice in contrast of Eric's deep manly voice!  

Lastly, thanks god they did kiss scene justice!!! :heart2beat:

I love the color palette in the 2nd teaser. 

img.gif

uc?id=1_0TspQEldMl8m5c-B51nMO2TGLpVx3lj

40ce5147f7f81e8f55368d21f36d39c29fed5666

Yoo In Na Accidentally Marries A Spy Twice In Upcoming Rom-Com “The Spies Who Loved Me”

c290881e36ec495387f12d2b13621127.jpeg?s=

Sep 24, 2020
by E. Cha

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” has unveiled its first stills of Yoo In Na in her starring role!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star in the drama as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets.

Shinhwa’s Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan will play her second husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

In the newly released photos from the upcoming drama, Yoo In Na displays laser focus as the meticulous Kang Ah Reum, who is passionate about her work as a wedding dress designer. However, she also looks perfectly at ease at the shooting range, suggesting that the character may also be right at home in future action scenes.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427401wpp/yoo-in-na-accidentally-marries-a-spy-twice-in-upcoming-rom-com-the-spies-who-loved-me

Eric and Yoo Inna reminisce about past love in new teaser for The Spy Who Loved Me

by tccolb

tswlm2t12.jpg

A new video teaser has been released for MBC’s upcoming rom-com The Spy Who Loved Me, featuring Eric (Unique! Chef Moon) and Yoo Inna (Reach of Sincerity).

The story kicks off when ex-husband Eric suddenly re-appears in Yoo Inna’s life, coinciding with the mysterious disappearance of Yoo’s best friend. As she tries to search for her friend’s whereabouts, though, the situation becomes more convoluted when it turns out that it’s not just Eric who has been hiding secrets from her. Current husband Im Joo-hwan (The Game: Towards Zero) also seems to be somehow involved in what has happened with her friend. Yoo becomes caught between her past and present relationships as she tries to come to terms with the fact that both Eric and Im Joo-hwan are not who she thought they were.

The newly released video teaser continues the wedding theme from the previous video, but this time focuses on Eric and Yoo Inna’s relationship.

It starts with a wedding veil being blown away by the wind, revealing Eric standing behind it. He narrates, “I had waited for this moment.” Cut to Yoo Inna walking up an aisle in the church as she says in voice-over, “I had wanted to avoid this moment.” Eric continues, “That woman, she was my wife.” And Yoo parallels his lines as she explains, “That man, he was my husband.” As they speak, there is a sequence of shots flashing back to happier days when the two were dating and in love.

It transitions to Eric and Yoo Inna meeting again in the present, set against an eerie sunset backdrop. Eric walks up to Yoo from a distance and he stops to stand face-to-face with her. The teaser comes to a close with the two speaking in voice-over together, “We shouldn’t have met. Then and now as well. The Spy Who Loved Me premieres October 21.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/eric-and-yoo-inna-reminisce-about-past-love-in-new-teaser-for-the-spy-who-loved-me/

“The Spies Who Loved Me” Promises Thrilling Romance With Poster Starring Eric And Yoo In Na

689c0fad9bb244549a24847306461ecf.jpeg?s=

Sep 28, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” has unveiled its main poster featuring Shinhwa’s Eric and Yoo In Na!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets. Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol.

The new poster gives viewers a glimpse of the thrill of the chase as Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum sit on the back of a motorcycle while traversing the city by night. Jun Ji Hoon shoots a charismatic look towards the camera, and a wedding veil flows dramatically behind Kang Ah Reum, giving her an alluring aura.

Viewers are already anticipating Eric’s transformation into Jun Ji Hoon, an Interpol spy going undercover as a travel photographer. Although skilled as a wedding dress designer, Kang Ah Reum will also discover a hidden talent for espionage as well when she gets caught up in a spy war with her ex-husband and her corporate spy current husband Derek Hyun (played by Im Joo Hwan).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428288wpp/the-spies-who-loved-me-promises-thrilling-romance-with-poster-starring-eric-and-yoo-in-na

7 hours ago, larus said:

“The Spies Who Loved Me” Promises Thrilling Romance With Poster Starring Eric And Yoo In Na

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Spies Who Loved Me” has unveiled its main poster featuring Shinhwa’s Eric and Yoo In Na!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets. Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol.

The new poster gives viewers a glimpse of the thrill of the chase as Jun Ji Hoon and Kang Ah Reum sit on the back of a motorcycle while traversing the city by night. Jun Ji Hoon shoots a charismatic look towards the camera, and a wedding veil flows dramatically behind Kang Ah Reum, giving her an alluring aura.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428288wpp/the-spies-who-loved-me-promises-thrilling-romance-with-poster-starring-eric-and-yoo-in-na

I really like this poster.  It's clean and sexy with all that jewel tone colors.  Eric & Inna's chemistry is already oozzing. 

From the article it's said, “The poster reveals the hidden plot twist of the drama in an intriguing way. Eric and Yoo In Na’s synergy is displayed in a single picture.” Raising anticipation for the drama, they added, “It will be hot and electrifying, as a romantic spy drama should be.”  ~~ I was looking for the hidden plot twist but couldn't see any B)

I heard the poster is a homage to the classic Hong Kong movie 天若有情 (A Moment of Romance).  It's no wonder they were planning to film in Hong Kong if it weren't for the pandemic.

120262920_2945372822232959_3561591986617

Ei-bXhvXsAAnDcj?format=jpg&name=orig

Inna's stylist posted some old pic and this was one for The Spies Who Loved Me.  Areum and Jihoon

EirSAWGX0AIv0l9?format=jpg&name=orig

Im Joo Hwan Shows Contrasting Charms In Upcoming Rom-Com “The Spies Who Loved Me” With Yoo In Na And Eric

1175f5b7f0404e3c852687ba4eec95ed.jpeg?s=

Sep 29, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “The Spies Who Loved Me” released new stills of Im Joo Hwan!

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful new romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets. Shinhwa’s Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol, while Im Joo Hwan will play her second husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Derek Hyun is a corporate spy who has disguised himself as a diplomat, and although he’s an endlessly sweet husband to Kang Ah Reum, he’s also a cold figure who won’t hesitate at anything for his business. With the appearance of Kang Ah Reum’s ex-husband, the world Derek Hyun has perfectly constructed will begin to waver.

The newly released stills reveal the two different sides of Derek Hyun. In the first photo, Derek Hyun looks romantic and sweet with the bouquet of flowers he’s bought for his wife. On top of the charming gesture, he’s smiling like he couldn’t wish for anything more. However, the second still depicts Derek Hyun exuding a cold aura with his sharp gaze. Without his gentle expression, he has completely transformed into a cold-hearted corporate spy. Although his feelings towards Kang Ah Reum are genuine, Derek Hyun’s secretive air adds tension to the story since he’s hiding his true identity.

Im-Joo-Hwan1.jpg

Furthermore, Im Joo Hwan revealed his reason for choosing to star in the drama. He shared, “Having done a lot of dramas with elements of melodramas or thrillers, I wanted to try acting in a romantic comedy. Above all, the character of Derek Hyun felt charismatic.” He continued, “Derek Hyun is a figure who doesn’t know much about love. Through Kang Ah Reum, he’ll learn what love is and why that is love. It’s interesting because he’s a character I can express many emotions through.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428519wpp/im-joo-hwan-shows-contrasting-charms-in-upcoming-rom-com-the-spies-who-loved-me-with-yoo-in-na-and-eric

Eric is showing off his teeth for a toothpaste CF lol   :ok:

Shinhwa’s Andy Visits Eric On The Set Of His Upcoming Spy Drama with Yoo In Na

Oct 1, 2020
by C. Hong

86b343378dd540be8ab58c207882289e.jpeg?s=

Shinhwa’s Andy recently came to support his fellow member!

On October 1, Eric posted a photo of himself and Andy on Instagram and wrote, “Is everyone having a good Hangawi [another name for Chuseok]? (feat. CEO Andy who came to visit the set of ‘The Spies Who Loved Me.'” The “CEO” is a reference to Andy’s current job as the founder of TOP Media since 2005.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFy6SikhvO3/?utm_source=ig_embed

Eric is starring in the MBC drama “The Spies Who Loved Me,” which is about a woman who is caught between her ex-husband and her current husband, both of whom happen to be spies. Eric stars as the ex-husband and undercover Interpol agent, Yoo In Na stars as the wedding designer wife who is thrown into the world of espionage, and Im Joo Hwan stars as her current husband who is a corporate spy.

Shinhwa recently celebrated the marriage of Jun Jin to his non-celebrity fiancée last week.

“The Spies Who Loved Me” premieres on October 21. Check out a teaser here!

In the meantime, check out Eric in the drama “Eccentric! Chef Moon” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) + Soompi

Chuseok Greeting from Eric, Inna & Juhwan

ENG SUB

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF18uCkBsCH/?utm_source=ig_embed

The posters are all so beautiful!!  You can feel the chemistry oozing right from the 1st pic!!  :heart2:

201005 MBC Update: “The Spies Who Loved Me” - Special Posters Released With Eric & Yoo Inna

Caption for the 1st photo:

We met and fell in love like fate, but had no choice but to break up
Ji-hoon and Ah-reum’s “Sweetest Deception”

cd842eb8fae853eee3d0b4c9e46e98eca57ab6fe

Caption for the 2nd photo:

Sweet or dangerous “Marriage, it became a part of my operation”

cfd7b3b4aa2b0808cdae28c012777b3a9feaacd9

MBC New Mini Series <The Spy Who Loved Me>
First broadcast at 9:20 pm on Wednesday, October 21 :heart:

Link for HD photos (2900 x 4096): 1st one, 2nd one

Source: MBC Drama (1, 2)

Eric And Yoo In Na Look Straight Out Of A Classic Film In Posters For “The Spies Who Loved Me”

Oct 5, 2020
by J. K

Eric and Yoo In Na’s upcoming drama shared a tantalizing new look at their chemistry!

On October 5, MBC’s “The Spies Who Loved Me” unveiled two special posters that showcase the romance and tension between two of its leads.

“The Spies Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will star as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who’s been married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets. Eric will star as Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol. Im Joo Hwan plays her current husband, who’s a corporate spy.

The first poster features Eric and Yoo In Na embracing in the glow of the setting sun as they gaze into each other’s eyes. Their characters met as though they were destined and they loved each other passionately, however they had no choice but to part. As they face each other again in the poster and it’s unclear whether they’re now friends or enemies, the tagline on the poster reads, “The sweetest trick.”

eric-yoo-in-na-1.jpeg

The black-and-white second poster highlights both the chemistry and danger in their relationship. While once again locked in an embrace, Yoo In Na is holding scissors while Eric has a gun. The tagline reads, “Marriage becomes a variable in the operation.”

eric-yoo-in-na-2.jpeg

The production team said, “These special posters portray the secrets hidden behind their seemingly perfect relationship.” They added, “There’s also a hidden secret behind the passionate love that was shared between Kang Ah Reum and Jun Ji Hoon. Please look forward to the unpredictable ‘secret romance’ between Jun Ji Hoon, who had to lie for the sake of love, and Kang Ah Reum, who could never have imagined his secret.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429633wpp/eric-and-yoo-in-na-look-straight-out-of-a-classic-film-in-posters-for-the-spies-who-loved-me

The last 2 pics must be Jihoon's and Ahreum reunion 5 years after their breakup. It was at her bff Sophie's bachelorrette party when he went to meet an informant.  That 3rd pic is a shocker!  :lol:  My reaction is definitely like the 2 girls on the left in that pic hahaha :lol:

love how bright the 1st photo is with the highly contrast green and red plaid shirt.  The beach pic is so pretty with all that aurora borealis colours in the backdrop.

201006 MBC Update: New Stills for Eric and Yoo Inna

"Why are you out there...?!"
Jihoon surrounded by colorful lights vs. shocked Ahreum
From the exciting first meeting to the extraordinary reunion!

MBC New Mini Series <The Spy Who Loved Me>
First broadcast at 9:20 pm on Wednesday, October 21 :heart:

Ejm0afvU0AQPo9c?format=jpg&name=orig

Ejm0afxUYAE4JFY?format=jpg&name=orig

Ejm0afzVoAA6nnC?format=jpg&name=orig

Ejm0afyVkAAGi_a?format=jpg&name=orig

Link for HD photos (1800 x 1284): 1, 2, 3, 4

Source: MBC Drama
Translation: EricMun.tumlbr

Archived