MBC DRAMA 2020

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME

202009163909205.jpg

Drama: The Spy Who Loved Me

Hangul: 나를 사랑한 스파이

Genre: romance

Network: MBC

Episodes: 32 (16)

Director: Lee Jae-jin (The Banker, Woman With a Suitcase).

Writer: Lee Ji Min (The Man Standing Next, Illang: The Wolf Brigade, The Drug King)

Release Date: October 21, 2020

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST: part 1 Jung Yong Hwa(정용화) (CNBLUE) - Shall we kiss?

part 2 이민혁(Lee MinHyuk) - 너만 몰라 (Only You Don't Know)

part 3 Yoo Hwe Seung(유회승) (N.Flying) -Run To You

Official site:https://m.imbc.com/program/castview/1005082100000100000/0

Plot

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage.  Kang Ah Reum (Yoo In Na) dreams of becoming a world-renowned wedding dress designer.

The story is a about a woman who finds herself in a confusing situation involving both her current husband as well as her ex-husband. All three are hiding secrets that complicate their relationships with one another and she tries to uncover who is actually on her side.

Cast

Yoo In Na as Kang Ah Reum

Eric (Moon Jung Hyuk) as Jeon Ji Hoon

Lim Ju Hwan as Derek Hyun

Park So Jin as Bae Doo-rae

Bae In Hyuk as Kim Young-gu

Cha Joo Young as Hwang Seo-ra

Lee Jong Won as Tinker

Lee Joo Woo as Kim Dong Ran

Jeon Seung Bin as Peter

Kim Tae Woo as

Jung Seok Yong as Kang Tae-ryong

Oh Kyung Joo as

Jang Jae Ho as Kim Dong-taek

Moon Ji Ho as

Character descriptions

Kang Ah Reum (Yoo In Na) is a wedding dress designer and she dreams of becoming a world-renowned dress designer. She divorced Jeon Ji Hoon. After the divorce she met Derek Hyun (Lim Ju Hwan) and eventually remarried.

Jeon Ji Hoon (Eric) disguises himself as a travel writer but he is actually a secret agent for Interpol. He was married with Kang Ah Reum (Yoo In Na) but now they are divorced but his ex-wife did not find out his secret job as a spy.

Derek Hyun (Lim Ju Hwan) works as a diplomat and seems gentle and warm but, in reality, she is a cold-blooded industrial spy. He loves his wife sincerely and treats her sweetly but in the same time he hides her truth self from her. 

Bae Doo Rae (Park So jin)  is the close friend and business partner of Kang Ah Reum, who designs wedding dresses. Bae Doo Rae designs wedding shoes and is described as a realistic character who is confident in her single status. She isn’t afraid to give her close friend some harsh advice and has a vibe like a friend’s sister who lives next door.

Kim Dong Ran (Lee Joo Woo) is the second daughter of the conglomerate Dong Tak Group and the CEO of DDK Foods. She is a beautiful and clever woman who is regularly voted “the woman that female college students most look up to.” She seems to be born with a silver spoon in her mouth, but because she was born out of wedlock, she is in a constant fierce competition with her brother, Kim Dong Taek, about the inheritance.

Kim Young Goo (Bae In Hyuk) is the youngest member of the analytics department at the Bureau of Classified Industries. He is currently in disguise as the head of the sales department at the publishing company Gulliver. Despite his youthful appearance, he is extremely intelligent and graduated from KAIST (Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology).

Posters

cd842eb8fae853eee3d0b4c9e46e98eca57ab6fe

cfd7b3b4aa2b0808cdae28c012777b3a9feaacd9

Character chart

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 6

Yoo In Na And Shinhwa’s Eric Reviewing Offers To Star As Leads In New Romance Drama

Apr 1, 2020
by U. Kim
deb4b874d90742d0b6762b2cea1295eb.jpeg?s=

Yoo In Na may be returning to viewers with the upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” (tentative title) along with Shinhwa’s Eric!

On April 1, Ilgan Sports shared the words of a drama industry source who said, “Yoo In Na will be playing the main character Kang Ah Reum in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me.'” Xportsnews also reported that Shinhwa’s Eric was cast as the male lead Jeon Ji Hoon.

Sources from Yoo In Na’s agency YG Entertainment and Eric’s agency TOP Media stated to Newsen that the actors were reviewing offers to star in the drama.

“The Spy Who Loved Me” tells the story of the secret romance between three people who have surprising secrets. Kang Ah Reum, the character Yoo In Na is in talks to play, dreams of becoming a world-renowned wedding dress designer.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1391672wpp/yoo-in-na-and-shinhwas-eric-reviewing-offers-to-star-as-leads-in-new-romance-drama

Eric and Yoo In Na Reviewing Offer for Kdrama The Spy Who Loved Me

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/04/01/eric-and-yoo-in-na-reviewing-offer-for-k-drama-the-spy-who-loved-me/

Yoo In Na reportedly starring as female lead of romance drama 'The Spy Who Loved Me'

1585721907-20200401-yooinna.jpg

ccording to media outlet reports on April 1, actress Yoo In Na is currently in talks to star as the female lead of a new MBC drama, 'The Spy Who Loved Me'. 

Insiders say that Yoo In Na will be playing the drama's female lead Yoo Jung, a wedding dress designer. Although she believes that marriage is a mistake made by innocent and ignorant people, she grew up with the needle and thread as her two best friends and dreams of becoming a renowned dress designer. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/yoo-in-na-reportedly-starring-as-female-lead-of-romance-drama-the-spy-who-loved-me

• Like 5

Im Joo-hwan cast in new MBC drama The Spy Who Loved Me

by tccolb

0000507322_001_20200619044646381.jpg

A new drama is being planned on MBC called The Spy Who Loved Me and casting has been confirmed for actor Im Joo-hwan (The Game: Towards Zero). According to previous reports, Eric (Unique! Chef Moon) and Yoo Inna (Reach of Sincerity) are currently being courted as well.

The story is a spy melodrama about a woman who finds herself in a confusing situation involving both her current husband as well as her ex-husband. All three are hiding secrets that complicate their relationships with one another and she tries to uncover who is actually on her side.

There is not much yet known about Im Joo-hwan’s role (presumably he will be playing one of the husbands). The character is described as someone who has contrasting personalities, running both hot and cold. Although there are times when he is perfectly gentle and warm, there are also times he is distant and cool.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/im-joo-hwan-cast-in-new-mbc-drama-the-spy-who-loved-me/#comments

Actor Lim Joo-hwan appears in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’.

101555451.2.jpg

On the 18th, as a result of confirming the report, Lim Ju-hwan confirmed the appearance of the new MBC drama “The Spy Who Loved Me,” which will be broadcast in the second half of the year.

Earlier in the day, one media reported that Lim Joo-hwan played a character with a dual charm that transcends both gentleness and coolness in “The Spy Who Loved Me” (played by Lee Ji-min/Director Jae-jin Lee).

The Spy Who Loved Me’ is a melodramatic spy drama about the process of finding my real partner between a divorced ex-husband and a remarried husband. Earlier, Eric and Yoo In-na were reportedly reviewing their appearances.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202006181643724407

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20200617/101555485/2

I new actor Lim Ju Hwan from different articles over the years but I have not watched him yet in a drama. It will be the first time here. I am familiar with the other leads as I watched them in a couple of dramas. The last time I watch Yoo In Na was in Touch My heart and Eric in Chef Moon. I enjoyed seeing him as a chef, I even like the romantic couple but it was not a good drama IMO. I really hope this time will be better. 

• Like 6

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] The Spy Who Loved Me, 나를 사랑한 스파이 - Lim Ju Hwan - Premieres second half 2020

Yoo In Na, Shinhwa’s Eric, And Im Joo Hwan Confirmed To Star In New MBC Romantic Comedy

Jun 22, 2020
by E. Cha
fcd6467e16234f6dba80a42a47c6fdeb.jpeg?s=
Jun 22, 2020
by E. Cha

It’s official: Yoo In Na, Shinhwa’s Eric, and Im Joo Hwan will be starring together in a new drama!

On June 22, MBC announced that the three stars had been confirmed for the cast of its upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me” (literal translation).

“The Spy Who Loved Me” is a suspenseful romantic comedy about a woman who inadvertently gets caught up in the world of espionage. Yoo In Na will be starring as Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice, to two husbands who both harbor many secrets.

Eric will play the role of Kang Ah Reum’s first husband Jun Ji Hoon, a charming and unpredictable secret agent who works for Interpol. Meanwhile, Im Joo Hwan will play Kang Ah Reum’s second husband Derek Hyun, a highly intelligent corporate spy with a competitive streak.

Yoo In Na commented, “I’m delighted to be able to greet you in the role of the passionate Kang Ah Reum, who is overflowing with charm. The character has so much story to tell, and I’m looking forward to the very special romance that will be unfolding [in the drama].” She added, “I’ll work hard so that the viewers can enjoy the drama together with us.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1408235wpp/yoo-in-na-shinhwas-eric-and-im-joo-hwan-confirmed-to-star-in-new-mbc-romantic-comedy

I am confused about the genre. Some articles says that it is a romantic melodrama others that it is a romantic comedy.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, larus said:

Yoo In Na, Shinhwa’s Eric, And Im Joo Hwan Confirmed To Star In New MBC Romantic Comedy

I am confused about the genre. Some articles says that it is a romantic melodrama others that it is a romantic comedy.

*WAVES*  Hello again!! :)

I think it's suspenseful romantic comedy or romantic comedy thriller.  I haven't seen melodrama description in the Korean articles :)  Eric goes from a star chef and a father of a little girl to an Interpol secret agent and ex-husband in the same year hahahah

I really hope the script writer is good.  She doesn't have much on her portfolio as script writer but they seem to be good hits and are mostly about action, espionage, political thriller with some big name cast.  I hope she'll do well with her first mini series.EbKBPImX0AYdxdE?format=png&name=orig

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phi said:

I think it's suspenseful romantic comedy or romantic comedy thriller.  I haven't seen melodrama description in the Korean articles

The Dramabeans article mentioned that and I think my Google translate for the Korean article that was the source for Dramabeans article also mentioned that. But I see that article was deleated. Maybe it was a mistake. 

I kind of wanted to me more serious but I am alright with this genre. I hope it is well written. I am not worried that this writer doesn`t have many dramas on her portofolio. I saw good dramas written by newbies so I hope this time will be the same. I see that the writer has written movies so maybe it is a plus. The last Eric`s drama left me unsatisfied. I am craving for more. :lol:

• Like 4

200622 Shinhwa’s Eric X Yoo In Na X Lim Ju Hwan, Confirmed to Star in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ + Detailed Synopsis

AKR20200622032700005_01_i_P4_20200622091

‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ confirmed its October broadcast and the casting of its three leads, Moon Jung Hyuk, Yoo In Na and Lim Ju Hwan.

MBC’s new drama, ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ is a suspense romantic comedy of a woman who gets caught up in an espionage world with her 2 secretive husbands. The espionage battle of three people is expected to bring plenty of laughter and thrilling excitement. Director Lee Jae Jin (‘The Banker’ and ‘My Daughter, Geum Sa-wol’) will take the helm while writer Lee Ji Min will take charge of the script.  This is the first drama by Lee Ji Min, who had previous hits such as ‘The Man Standing Next’, ‘Forbidden Dream’ and ‘The Age of Shadows’.

The casting for the three main actors has also been confirmed. Moon Jung Hyuk will transform into Jeon Ji Hoon, an Interpol secret agent, who is also Kang Ah Reum’s (Yoo In Na) first husband. Fully equipped with not only an unpredictable charm, but also a gentle smile and charisma that grants him a “free pass around the world” he has many charms that work everywhere in the world). His true identity of a spy is disguised as a travel writer. Ji Hoon and Ah Reum divorced after many twists and turns, but the two reunited again from an unexpected event. Moon said about the casting, “I am happy to be part of a good project. Together with the other actors, I will work hard to show you good acting.

Yoo In Na plays Kang Ah Reum, a wedding dress designer who gets married twice to two men who have interesting secrets. She will get involved with former husband, a secret agent, Jeon Ji Hoon (played by Eric) and the current husband, an industrial spy, Derek Hyun (played by Lim Ju Hwan). Kang Ah Reum will show various charms, from cheerful and lovely to a girl crush charm. Yoo In Na said, “I’m happy to come back as Kang Ah Reum, who is full of passion and charm and has many stories to tell. I am also looking forward to a special romance to unfold. I’ll work hard so viewers can enjoy the drama as well.

Lim Ju Hwan plays Kang Ah Reum’s second husband and an industrial spy, Derek Hyun. He has a sharp brain and a gentle smile, but behind it lies a competitive streak and coldness. Derek disguises as a diplomatic official. He is a sweet husband to Kang Ah Reum, but will not hesitate to do anything for his business. His love is sincere, but like her ex-husband Jeon Ji Hoon, he can not reveal his true identity. With the appearance of secret agent Jeon Ji Hoon, the world he has perfectly built begins to rattle.

The three actors’ thrilling secret romantic comedy, ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ is expected to show a never before seen kind of thrill with not only exhilarating action but also unexpected secrets and spectacular fun. It will air in October.

Source: OSEN
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

• Like 6

Can’t wait to see Yoo In Na in the small screen again :D I hope this drama airs on Netflix too because I find it more convenient than going to streaming sites hehe but if not, then I’ll have to fimd other ways to watch this haha :approves:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:22 AM, larus said:

The Dramabeans article mentioned that and I think my Google translate for the Korean article that was the source for Dramabeans article also mentioned that. But I see that article was deleated. Maybe it was a mistake. 

I kind of wanted to me more serious but I am alright with this genre. I hope it is well written. I am not worried that this writer doesn`t have many dramas on her portofolio. I saw good dramas written by newbies so I hope this time will be the same. I see that the writer has written movies so maybe it is a plus. The last Eric`s drama left me unsatisfied. I am craving for more. :lol:

I think Eccentric Chef Moon was okay but it was underwhelmed and it really went off to the corporate devil more than the light rom-com I thought it was supposed to be.  I don't mind the heavy stuffs. It's just that I didn't expect that from the original synopsis they gave us. I hope this newbie writer will do good.  At least they said it's a suspenseful rom-com so I'm ready for the suspense part  :lol:

3 new people added to the cast

Bae In Hyuk will play as Kim Young-gu.  He'll be Eric's junior and the youngest analyst of the Bureau of Industrial Confidentiality. He lives in disguise as a sales manager at a publishing company.

EbLZc0WUMAE3Q-S?format=png&name=small

Source: https://www.sportschosun.com/news/news.htm?id=202006240100214440014742&ServiceDate=20200623

Cha Joo Young will play the role of Hwang Seo-ra, another secret agent for Interpol.

101659865.1.jpg

Source: https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20200624/101659866/1

Girl's Day's Park So Jin will play the role of Bae Doo-rae, a close friend and a business partner of Yoo In Na.

202006240832358010_2_20200624083512985.j

Source: https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/news/박소진-나를-사랑한-스파이-출연-확정-유인나와-워맨스-공식

• Like 5

On 6/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, Phi said:

I think Eccentric Chef Moon was okay but it was underwhelmed and it really went off to the corporate devil more than the light rom-com I thought it was supposed to be.  I don't mind the heavy stuffs. It's just that I didn't expect that from the original synopsis they gave us.

I am not a fan of rom coms although I like to watch it from some times (when it is a good script). I usual like heavy stuff but this drama was horrible. Horrible is too strong word. Dissapointing.  Some over the top villains created for the sole purpose of passing time. Lazy writing. Don`t create the heavy part if you can`t write compelling characters, situations. There were some fine moments and Eric did his job. I hope this time to like the drama more, not only a few characters.

The writer did not write kdramas/miniseries but she wrote (from what I read) good movies. She even get Baeksang Art award fro the best screenplay. I am optimistic about her script.

I am ready to watch a good romantic comedy and with suspense too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, larus said:

I am not a fan of rom coms although I like to watch it from some times (when it is a good script). I usual like heavy stuff but in this drama was horrible. Some over the top villains created for the sole purpose of passing time. Lazy writing. Don`t create the heavy part if you can`t write compelling characters, situations. There were some fine moments and Eric did his job. I hope this time to like the drama more, not only a few characters.

The writer did not write kdramas/miniseries but she wrote (from what I read) good movies. She even get Baeksang Art award fro the best screenplay. I am optimistic about her script.

I am ready to watch a good romantic comedy and with suspense too.

I hear ya! :)   While the villains in that drama (Im in particular) was the father of all evils, it doesn't get climax and the whole "scarify quietly" by the heroine add frustrations rather than fight the devil together as a team. There was not much climax.

Back to this drama.  Yes, I saw she did well with the movies with Baeksang Art award for the screen play as well as other nomination for the other movies.  It gives me hope she'll do well with her 1st mini series.  From the plot, it seems like it'll be fun, suspense and romance.  I can't wait.  :)

• Like 3

Girl’s Day’s Sojin, Lee Jong Won, And More To Join Eric And Yoo In Na’s New Drama

Jun 25, 2020
by C. Hong
bbe63a4e0f484e238cbd79b923b5d8a4.jpeg?s=

More cast members have been announced for the upcoming drama “The Spy Who Loved Me”!

Earlier this month, it was confirmed that Shinhwa’s Eric, Yoo In Na, and Im Joo Hwan had been cast in the MBC rom-com “The Spy Who Loved Me” (working title). The drama is about a woman who inadvertently gets involved in the world of espionage through her husband and ex-husband.

Girl’s Day’s Sojin has been cast in the role of Bae Doo Rae. She is the close friend and business partner of Yoo In Na’s character, Kang Ah Reum, who designs wedding dresses. Bae Doo Rae designs wedding shoes and is described as a realistic character who is confident in her single status. She isn’t afraid to give her close friend some harsh advice and has a vibe like a friend’s sister who lives next door.

Lee Jong Won has been cast in the role of “Tinker.” He is an expert at restoring classic cars and works as the youngest agent at Hermes, a corporate spy agency where Im Joo Hwan’s character, Derek Hyun, also works.

Lee Joo Woo has been cast in the role of Kim Dong Ran, the second daughter of the conglomerate Dong Tak Group and the CEO of DDK Foods. She is a beautiful and clever character who is regularly voted “the woman that female college students most look up to.” She seems to be born with a silver spoon in her mouth, but because she was born out of wedlock, she is in a constant fierce competition with her brother, Kim Dong Taek, about the inheritance.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1409124wpp/girls-days-sojin-lee-jong-won-and-more-to-join-eric-and-yoo-in-nas-new-drama

• Like 5

Casting news

Actor Kim Tae-woo confirmed the casting of'The Spy Who Loved Me'.

2020062901002_0.jpg

MBC drama'The Spy Who Loved Me' is a thrilling secret romantic comedy of two secretly engaged husbands and a spy, and will give a smile and excitement to the splendid spy of three men and women who can never be together.

During the play, Kim Tae-woo plays the role of'Anti-Chief Director', Director of Asia, Interpol Industry Secretariat. As a veteran of the National Police Agency's Foreign Affairs Bureau, which has an excellent ability to catch situations and people through his long career, he has the power to penetrate the core even in the tone of joke. He is planning to make a warm and warm chemistry with Jeon Ji-hoon (Moon Jeong-hyuk). In addition to Kim Tae-woo's efforts to enrich the characters in his work with his strong acting skills that he believes and sees, expectations are also rising in his performance with Moon Jung-hyuk (Jeon-hoon Jeon).

(Google translation)

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/06/29/2020062901004.html

• Like 3

@larus, thanks so much for the updates! They're so quick with casting of supporting roles.  I guess filming will start really soon.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:28 PM, larus said:

Girl’s Day’s Sojin, Lee Jong Won, And More To Join Eric And Yoo In Na’s New Drama

Lee Joo Woo has been cast in the role of Kim Dong Ran, the second daughter of the conglomerate Dong Tak Group and the CEO of DDK Foods. She is a beautiful and clever character who is regularly voted “the woman that female college students most look up to.” She seems to be born with a silver spoon in her mouth, but because she was born out of wedlock, she is in a constant fierce competition with her brother, Kim Dong Taek, about the inheritance.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1409124wpp/girls-days-sojin-lee-jong-won-and-more-to-join-eric-and-yoo-in-nas-new-drama

Aside from Girl Day's Sojin, she is the only cast that isn't secret agent, spy or police... so curious what her role will add to the story.

When I read with Papago, I think it said there is a bromance between Kim Tae Wo and Eric?  :lol:

#KimTaeWoo confirmed to join MBC drama <#TheSpyWhoLovedMe>, he will act as chief Ban who is the director of asian general affairs of the Interpol Industrial Confidentiality Bureau. 

https://twitter.com/kdramacasting/status/1277659306117062657

*** how comes the my twitter link doesn't embed like yours up there? :o

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Phi said:

thanks so much for the updates! They're so quick with casting of supporting roles.  I guess filming will start really soon.

Yes but not only that. I am glad they announce early all the casting news. There are dramas that have finished filming and announce casting news about the broadcast date. Seriously?  :lol:

9 hours ago, Phi said:

how comes the my twitter link doesn't embed like yours up there?

I don`t know. It happeneds sometime. I think that if you have tried another time a little later, you would have been able to do it.

9 hours ago, Phi said:

When I read with Papago, I think it said there is a bromance between Kim Tae Wo and Eric? 

I also read in an article that Kim Tae Woo and Eric`s character will have a bromace. At least, they would have a nice camaraderie in the drama. I am glad that I will see Kim Tae woo again. The last time I saw him in Romance is a Bonus Book and he had a nice character there as well. He will be in a sageuk this year as well.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Actor Jung Seok-yong, confirmed the appearance of'The Spy Who Loved Me'

2020071601541_0.jpg

He plays the role of Kang Tae-ryong who is a team leader in the Interpol Industrial Confidential Bureau and disguised as a CEO of a publishing company..

'The Spy Who Loved Me' is a thrilling secret romantic comedy of two secretive husbands and a woman caught up in espionage. Director Lee Jae-jin, who showed powerful productions through the dramas'The Banker','My Daughter Geumsa-wol', etc.

MBC'The Spy Who Loved Me', which will provide laughter and excitement with the splendid espionage of three men and women who can never be together, is scheduled to air on October. (Google translate)

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/07/16/2020071601554.html

I think Kim Tae Woo did not sign after all. It looks like the same role. So instead of Kim Tae woo, the role is played by Jung Seok Jong?

• Like 3